• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Anderson Which of the 2 photos look better on your monitor?

Started by tdn (Tim), January 28, 2006, 09:17:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the 2 photos look better on your monitor? 1 or 1a?

Alleyoop1-small.jpg
3 (11.1%)
Alleyoop1a-small.jpg
9 (33.3%)
look the same to me
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

tdn (Tim)

I think my monitor is off in its "brightness/darkness" when it comes to video and photos.  This poll is just so I can determine how images look on my computer monitor versus the rest of the world.  And to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" as the saying goes and to keep the topic AA basketball, I am using 2 variations of a still capture showing  JC's  James Anderson getting an alleyopp dunk against Strong on January 3.

Alleyoop1-small.jpg

Alleyoop1a-small.jpg

amehr36

footballfan

To me the second one is slightly better. Look at No. 11 in the blue uniform. It looks slightly more clear in the second pic.

ColonelReb

-Painted Fan-

Is this one of those pics that when you stare long enough Linda Blair's Exorcist photo jumps at you? 

wonderboys

It is definitely #2. Look at the kid for Strong that is right inside the 3 pt. Line.

ColonelReb

heathwaldrop

If you have to look that closely to tell the difference, there obviously isn't enough of a difference to make a difference. So what's the difference? Same difference.

monster_island

tdn (Tim)

That is why I asked the question.  In Photoshop there is a "big" difference but I wasn't seeing it when I was posting it on the web.  Thought maybe it was just my monitor.  Seems it is the image being uploaded that is not retaining the improvements from PS.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on January 28, 2006, 11:26:46 pm
Seems it is the image being uploaded that is not retaining the improvements from PS.

You're probably not saving it properly. There should be a "retain properties" field when you go to save...you may not be clicking that off and that might be the problem.

CHAMPION_#1

they r exactly the same u guys. why is this even a thread. it is ridiculous.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: heathwaldrop on January 29, 2006, 07:13:54 am
You're probably not saving it properly. There should be a "retain properties" field when you go to save...you may not be clicking that off and that might be the problem.
No the file opens in PS changed.  It may be the smaller file size just doesn't have enough 'resolution' to show properly.

I am going to try the larger image and see if it appears lighter.  If not, I can only conclude something is happening on the server to "darken" the photo.

ColonelReb

ColonelReb

shyeah! i love the pic though, i gotta save it and keep that dunk pic!

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on January 29, 2006, 04:24:32 pm
shyeah! i love the pic though, i gotta save it and keep that dunk pic!

Thanks.  Too bad it is a video capture from Digital Hi-8 and wide-angle to boot.  The video is more impressive than the photo obviously.

heathwaldrop

Why don't you post up a link to the vid clip? Or are you lacking adequate server space?

People on the board could get a chance to see just how good Anderson really is.

Wilson

If memory serves me correctly Tim is on dial up and I figure that would be a booger for him to upload.   Where is bookie at when you need someone with time on their hands to load a video.... ;D

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: heathwaldrop on February 02, 2006, 10:13:42 am
Why don't you post up a link to the vid clip? Or are you lacking adequate server space?

I actually haven't done any short clips yet but I thought about posting just the alleyoop.  Wilson is correct as the bandwidth here.  Dialup takes about 10 minutes per mb if I am lucky and don't have anything else open using the bandwidth (ie I am just uploading or downloading a file but don't have multiple bandwidth use simulatneous).  And my connection will drop every 6 hours.  So 36 mb is about my limit here.    But I should be able to get a short clip online over the weekend. 

I have been too busy trying to get caught up on videos to date to fool with it but finally my Roxio Toast Titanium 7 software is updated (bug fixed) so I can get all the vids archived and maybe do some short segments for online.  Bookie is planning to do a larger one sometime.

PopTart Man

It's like being at the eye doctor:

Which is better: 1 or 2?

I say cut the thread.

ColonelReb

d-one

He's weak as water akeem lewis from Augusta will eat him up

heathwaldrop

Quote from: d-one on February 08, 2006, 12:06:22 pm
He's weak as water akeem lewis from Augusta will eat him up

I'll chalk this one up to mental retardation.

ColonelReb

heathwaldrop

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on February 09, 2006, 11:00:43 am
doesn't mean you gotta hate on him

Follow the thread. He was replying to what that monkey-boy said about James Anderson.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: heathwaldrop on February 02, 2006, 10:13:42 am

Ok below is a link to a small version (only 7 secs and about 400 kb) of the dunk.  You will need QuickTime probably to view it.  Full version of the 7 seconds clip is 18 mb but I saved it for web and it is now only 400 kb.  I'm sure the quality went down with the size but w/o broadband this is best I am willing to do.  18 mb would take me about 3 hours to upload

James' alleyoop dunk against Strong 1-3-06

pantherwatch05

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: pantherwatch06 on February 10, 2006, 01:02:09 pm
Who is that making the pass to Anderson?

Justin Cook made the steal, Cornelius (?sp) Nathan the pass up court and Clint New the alley oop

heathwaldrop

wonderboys

PopTart Man

PopTart Man

PopTart Man

I like how the guy who throws it to the alley oop passer walks. Not bad but he does. Monserous dunk though

kingkong

Jared Cano from Beanerville can dunk he through 360 up aginst the gringos

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: wonderboys on February 13, 2006, 10:08:44 am
Darn it, I can't get it :(

Do you have quicktime?  It is a quicktime file and it is only between 300 and 400 kb so if you have quicktime you should be able to download it. 

wonderboys

wonderboys

finally got to see it here at home, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bballfan36

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see it in person if they make it to state.  Thanks for going to so much trouble Tim....most of the state has yet to see him.  Only problem I have is you could have been nice and shown him dunking on someone other than Strong!   ;D

wonderboys

Quote from: bballfan36 on February 15, 2006, 09:30:10 am
Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see it in person if they make it to state.  Thanks for going to so much trouble Tim....most of the state has yet to see him.  Only problem I have is you could have been nice and shown him dunking on someone other than Strong!   ;D

I hope to see him as well by way of Danville playing JC in the 2nd round. :)

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: bballfan36 on February 15, 2006, 09:30:10 am

It was the one with the best angle.  Most have his back to the video camera.  Nothing against Strong at all.

bballfan36

I know....no problem...it really doesn't matter, because he's proven it doesn't matter who JC plays, he can probably sneak a dunk in on them when they're least expecting it! I know his teammates have a lot to do with that, too.  Good luck with district!

wonderboys

Anderson was on the Channel 7 news tonight as a Spotlight Athlete.

bballfan36

So, what did you think?  I didn't get to see the news but heard about it.  According to the local paper he was in foul trouble last night, but JC still managed to pull out a big blowout win over PC, and Anderson finished with 21, even with the foul trouble.  JC has a lot of players stepping up at the right time to complement him.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: bballfan36 on February 17, 2006, 08:37:11 am
So, what did you think?  I didn't get to see the news but heard about it.  According to the local paper he was in foul trouble last night, but JC still managed to pull out a big blowout win over PC, and Anderson finished with 21, even with the foul trouble.  JC has a lot of players stepping up at the right time to complement him.

Yes James picked up a 3rd foul in the 1st Q, none of which were blatant fouls but this is the time of year when teams must be able to through adverse situations.  JC did well without James for a while and James did well to avoid getting more fouls for a long time when he was in the game.

bballfan36

Sounds good...that's what you have to do...have players step up when a key player is out of the game, for whatever reason.  Junction has really improved over the season.  Early in the year, I had my doubts because they weren't playing much defense, but they have come along nicely.

BTW, I think some refs are starting to overcompensate with Anderson and call things too tough on him.  I guess they are determined not to give him any more advantage, but it's not fair when they call it on one and not the other.

heathwaldrop

One guy I know who has refereed a lot of his games said that opposing coaches often want him to get called with fouls on shot blocks, because sometimes he'll swat from behind. But this guy tells me that Anderson does it completely clean--no body contact and all ball--almost every single time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas