• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5AA North Conference....

Started by Wraith, January 12, 2006, 11:31:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

johnharrison

Anyone have the seeds for South?

Wraith

lol no apologies needed.  Oh and for anyone just looking at this thread..... refer back to page 2 for teh conference round-up......

or I could just post it here:

QuoteI am gonna go ahead and update the conference tonight.  The only scores I don't have are the Hector vs. Ark. Baptist and Abundant Life vs. Ola (but I am sure that AL won so I will mark them with a W.)

1. Episcopal 10-4  *clinched #1 seed*
2. Abundant Life 10-4 *clinched #2 seed*
3. Bigelow 8-6 *clinched #3 seed*
4. Lutheran 8-6 *clinched #4 seed*
5. Hector 7-6                        *Don't have the score of this game......  *
6. Arkansas Baptist 6-7
7. Perryville 5-9 *clinched #7 seed*
8. Ola 0-14 *clinched #8 seed*

Hector prolly clinched the #5 seed unless Arkansas Baptist beat them tonight by more than 20.  So that would also make Arkansas Baptist the #6 seed.

Wraith

It goes:

1. Mt. Pine
2. Jessieville
3. Cutter
4. Magnet Cove

Wraith

February 07, 2006, 11:07:44 pm #53 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:16:32 pm by Wraith
Also this is the real round-up bc I forgot about the Bigelow forfeit:

5. Hector 7-6                        *Don't have the score of this game......  *
6. Arkansas Baptist 6-7
7. Perryville 6-8 *clinched #7 seed*

mudturtle

What is the deal with the "Bigelow forfeit"?

Wraith

Long story short.  A kid played against Perryville that was ineligible and Perryville didn't know about it.  Our Athletic Director/Principal decided to be a good leader and told them and forfeited the game.  The bad thing is that it took the school those two weeks of school to figure it out.  Luckily he didn't play in the Arkansas Baptist game or we would have had to forfeit it too.  And we lost the other two games so they didn't matter.

Armchair

channel 11 posted AB 49  Hector 44 on the 10:00 news.

Wraith

ok.  And with that the conference would be sewed up as is:

5. Hector 7-7 *clinched #5 seed*
6. Arkansas Baptist 7-7 *clinched #6 seed*
7. Perryville 6-8 *clinched #7 seed*

Wraith

Another thing.  How is this bracket going to be set up?  I am not familiar with an 8 team district tournament bracket with top two teams getting a bye.

Armchair

last year's bracket should be used again this year.  If so,

Mon - #5 Hector v. #8 Ola and #6 AB v. #7 P'ville

Tues - #5-8 winner v. #4 Lutheran and #6-7 winner v. #3 Bigelow

Thur - #5-8v. #4 winner v. #1 ECS and #6-7v.#3 winner v. #2 ALS

finals were Saturday

The days may change, but the bracket should be the same.

Wraith

That was the format that I was thinking.  This is kinda good seeing as how the District Tourney is at Bigelow this year.  The only thing that scares me though is Perryville.  They are very streaky and they can beat anyone in conference on the right night.  Bigelow proved that Arkansas Baptist was no match for them when they played them at home and their loss to them earlier in the year was garbage bc they shot below 15% and still only lost by 7 and had the lead in the 4th.  Hopefully Baptist beats Perryville so I won't be so nervous.  2nd round matchups will be interesting.  Bigelow can play with Abundant Life as proven by their two 4 point losses.  And Hector can beat Episcopal.  Lutheran is also a streaky team and one to be reckoned with.

Sharkey

Quote from: Wraith on February 08, 2006, 12:00:57 pm...  Bigelow proved that Arkansas Baptist was no match for them when they played them at home  and their loss to them earlier in the year was garbage bc they shot below 15% and still only lost by 7 and had the lead in the 4th. Hopefully Baptist beats Perryville so I won't be so nervous. 

Wow - You really missed that one.,...

Wraith

Yeah I know but Bigelow just flat out underestimated them.  And you can never count out Coach Miller either.  He is a brilliant coach and has been there for as long as I can remember.  AB outplayed Bigelow and wanted it more.  I still think AL will win District though.

Wraith

Nah just the way that AL has been playing and th stomped Episcopal the last time those two played and Episcopal has lost like 3 in a row I think.  They are in a funk but work well when they play as a team.  They could compete for state if they all could co-exist.

mudturtle

That might not be the way that many would decribe it,  ECS lead for the first half, up to 10 points but couldn't pull away.  Some poor choices and some great threes gave ALS the lead briefly in the 3rd.

Armchair

ALS trailed 38-40 in the 4th, then Woolverton hit 2 threes to put them up 44-40 before an
ECS t/o. 
ALS failed to score on the next three possessions while ECS did just the opposite and took the lead for good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas