• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't overlook Riverside

Started by herws, January 01, 2006, 09:32:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

herws

It has been stated on here by a few people that there will be teams start to emerge  around this time of year. With Riverside having a few sophomores coming on of late, they are creeping out of the shadows and look like a team on the verge of doing damage in that gruesome region they play in.  They are the only team that has shut Taylor from BIC down since Jonesboro did it last year. At 18-3, they have a good chance to split the last two with BIC and maybe position themselves into a state tourney berth.

superfan

They got off to a slow start, and now are picking it up.  They are the winners of the Williams Baptist College tourney, the Gerald Jennings tourney, and the NEA tourney.

This team combined had a 77-7 record over 3 years in Jr. high. :o

John M.

Just curious Superfan but with outstanding jr. high team that Riverside had last year how come a couple of those starters aren't getting playing time.Are they just not mature enough or do they not fit a need?Only reason I ask is because I know Buster likes to press but he's only using about 7 or 8 players.I thought that for this year depth would be one of their strong points.

The only real need I see is a decent backup for Graham.He tires pretty easy and probably needs only about 25 min a game at the most.

superfan

Quote from: John M. on January 02, 2006, 08:15:52 am
Just curious Superfan but with outstanding jr. high team that Riverside had last year how come a couple of those starters aren't getting playing time.Are they just not mature enough or do they not fit a need?Only reason I ask is because I know Buster likes to press but he's only using about 7 or 8 players.I thought that for this year depth would be one of their strong points.

The only real need I see is a decent backup for Graham.He tires pretty easy and probably needs only about 25 min a game at the most.

We play 3 sophs(more then alot of teams can say)  We could put in the other two of the starters from last years Jr high for quality minutes.  They won't do anything great, but play solid ball.  For the most part this team is in very good shape, so they can go longer with the press, and stay fresh.

John M.

Yeah,I knew Weaver,Graham,and Richardson were sophs.I was just wondering about the other 2.I guess neither are big enough to back up Graham.

I agree they are in shape except for Graham.

Nash Fan

John M.

The best teams in that region are probably BIC,Riverside,Bay,Maynard,Earle,and EPC.

Neabbfan

Riverside falls tonight at Armorel by 2.

herws

Last second shot....................how ironic.

John M.

Classic case of letdown and oversight.Followed by a steady diet of sprints and yelling.Oh,practice will be fun today.

herws

Neabbfan

During the first meeting this year between Riverside and Armorel, it was a back and forth game with Riverside only winning by 2 in Caraway.  This Armorel team is solid.

John M.

Quote from: Neabbfan on January 04, 2006, 10:53:50 am
During the first meeting this year between Riverside and Armorel, it was a back and forth game with Riverside only winning by 2 in Caraway. This Armorel team is solid.

They're record is 6-10!If they're solid they must be playing 4a and 5a schools because 6-10 is not solid.

Neabbfan

Yea, their record doesnt show they way they play.  Well it does, but you know what I'm talking about.  They play some good ball, they just dont always win.

superfan

They are solid.  They played a heck of a schedule.  They just about beat Cave City in the NEA :o

ColonelReb

John M.

Looks like the loss REALLY upset Buster!

herws

HOGDOG

Who got arrested? I heard the Riverside coach tell someone how do we top these last two games and there aint nowhere to go but down. Got to expect a not so great performance after the games they won in the NEA that was one great ball game against Cave City. Never seen that many white boys on a court at the same time:)

Ol Miss Fan

Quote from: HOGDOG on January 05, 2006, 10:49:41 am
Who got arrested? I heard the Riverside coach tell someone how do we top these last two games and there aint nowhere to go but down. Got to expect a not so great performance after the games they won in the NEA that was one great ball game against Cave City. Never seen that many white boys on a court at the same time:)

yes Buster Campbell was arrested

Nash Fan

HOGDOG

What did ole Coach  do to get arrested? They beat BIC and got rid of Brooks Taylor at the NEA so I say he is innocent.

herws

Heard something about hitting a board memeber in the face... don't have enough facts to form a conclusion yet. It will be in the JB Sun on Friday.

HOGDOG

Wonder if it was after the loss or something completely separate? That is crazy!!!

Ol Miss Fan

Quote from: herws on January 05, 2006, 12:45:51 pm
Heard something about hitting a board memeber in the face... don't have enough facts to form a conclusion yet. It will be in the JB Sun on Friday.

he did not hit they guy and he is a Ex School Board Member that dosnt like him

John M.

He didn't hit the guy but was arrested?What for?Verbal assault?

Sounds a little fishy.Was Mr. Miller arrested too?

All defense and rebounding and fighting are is want to.-Buster Campbell.

Nash Fan

This sounds like good stuff.  Please elaborate.  Enquiring minds want to know.  If you ask me, Coaches should be protected a lot better than they are.  I wish he would have hit him.

ColonelReb

John M.

Quote from: Ol Miss Fan on January 05, 2006, 01:44:24 pm
Quote from: herws on January 05, 2006, 12:45:51 pm

he did not hit they guy and he is a Ex School Board Member that dosnt like him

Boy,you must have had a great vantage point because everyone else said different.

MikeDiesel™

Sounds like they both were in on the scuffle.  Seems they were at a board meeting (not a basketball game) discussing Riverside building some new buildings or renovating the old ones.  Miller and Campbell got in to a 'heated discussion' and decided to take it outside.  KAIT's website doesn't say anything for sure about what happened outside.  But, it seems that both men were in on an actual fight (not just mouthing).  Seems that it was regretted pretty heavily on both sides, but the incident did occur.  Both were taken to jail where they were released right away.

John M.

It would appear from the police report both threw punches.

Nash Fan

Neabbfan

Riverside has dropped 4 of its last 5 games since winning the NEA Tourny.  2 to Walnut Ridge, 1 to Armorel and 1 to BIC.

Wraith

ouch that sucks.... so this thread is finished.

Nash Fan

Looks like Riverside has hit the wall.

Neabbfan

Riverside dropped another one last night to Bay.  5 of their last 6 have been losses.

John M.

Looks like some changes need to be made.Maybe just to wake everyone up.I personally don't understand why Cody Richardson doesn't start already.He is really quick off the dribble but granted I've only seen them play about 4 games this year.

They still have time to get the ship righted but they better hurry or they'll be the best in AA not playing in the regionals.

Neabbfan

BIC beats Riverside for the 2nd time in 10 days.  Winning on the Rebels home floor last night 59-50.
Riverside has now lost 6 of their last 7 games since winning the NEA tourny.

superfan

Quote from: Neabbfan on January 25, 2006, 04:26:56 pm
BIC beats Riverside for the 2nd time in 10 days. Winning on the Rebels home floor last night 59-50.
Riverside has now lost 6 of their last 7 games since winning the NEA tourny.

We have won twice. ;D

Nash Fan

Is that league that tough this year?  What is BIC in Conf.  Will Riverside even make the region?

ColonelReb

questions questions questions...

fully charged

Riverside is DONE they peaked to soon........they are to young count them OUT.

ColonelReb

Ol Miss Fan

ColonelReb

but he just said they peaked early, is this true?

Neabbfan

Riverside was 19-3 after winning the NEA tourny.  They played the best game of the year in winning over BIC.  They came right back the very next night and had a come from behind victory over Cave City.  Since winning the tourny, they are 1-6.  Full potential, they had better find it quick.

ColonelReb

nice...well we'll see how it goes

Neabbfan

Another loss tonight.

Maynard 54
Riverside 53

7 out of last 8...Wow, no one saw this coming.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas