• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville

Started by Greenie, March 05, 2019, 10:00:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenie

The class of 2019 has left a legacy at Danville for the class of 2020 to uphold. Will they be able too stay in the top 3 again? What players do you see from Danville to make a big impact?

Jimbo Morphis

OLDSCHOOL82

^ Was thinking the same thing OM.

Lineman

Of their conference??

Jimbo Morphis

That Brad Taylor is a great QB.

Greenie

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Greenie on March 06, 2019, 07:33:16 pm
of their conference.

No.

There are 2-3 teams in that league that graduate nothing, virtually everybody back.  Danville graduates virtually everything. 

I expect Danville, Atkins and Mayflower (unless transfers show up) to be way, way, way down.  Glen Rose should walk through that league...again.

Greenie

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on March 06, 2019, 10:02:18 pm
No.

There are 2-3 teams in that league that graduate nothing, virtually everybody back.  Danville graduates virtually everything. 

I expect Danville, Atkins and Mayflower (unless transfers show up) to be way, way, way down.  Glen Rose should walk through that league...again.
Danville has already gotten some players back. I know a player at Atkins and I know they will be salty and ready to play. Don't know much about mayflower. What teams are yall expecting to be up there with Glen Rose?

friscokid

Quote from: Greenie on March 07, 2019, 05:42:27 pm
*Danville has already gotten some players back. I know a player at Atkins and I know they will be salty and ready to play. Don't know much about mayflower. What teams are yall expecting to be up there with Glen Rose?
I just don't see the top 4 changing in this district. Maybe the deck chairs shuffle a little.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Greenie on March 07, 2019, 05:42:27 pm
*Danville has already gotten some players back. I know a player at Atkins and I know they will be salty and ready to play. Don't know much about mayflower. What teams are yall expecting to be up there with Glen Rose?

Danville didn't get back any of the 23 who graduated.  Cody is looking to leave Atkins, looked elsewhere last spring, too.  Indicator they are fixing to take a downturn.  You don't leave while cupboard is full.  Mayflower lost two best players in the conference, a quarterback who signed to play on the next level and several other talented kids.  Losing Langrell the previous year hurt them more than anything, team was nowhere near as good this year without Langrell and his staff.  If those three benefit from school choice / move-ins / etc. which has become name of game in high school sports, they will all have a chance.  Otherwise, they are going to be down from where they were last year.

Bottom half of that conference will be much better.  Jessieville and Perryville both return everything.  Jessieville started a freshman quarterback, if they can get better on offensive line they will be much improved.  Perryville had a coaching change and system change in July, if they can gel they will be much better.  Both Jessieville and Perryville have good freshman groups moving up.  Baptist Prep was improved, this is their last year in 11-man from what I've been told - depends on what they bring back.  Two Rivers will still be awful.

I think Glen Rose wins the thing easily.  Two Rivers finishes 8th with nothing but mercy rule losses again.  I think Atkins and Mayflower will both be better than Danville.  I think Jessieville, Danville, Perryville, and Baptist Prep battle it out for 4 and 5 seeds.  Jessieville could make a big jump if they improve up front and on the defensive side, kid playing QB can spin it for a youngster.   I would not be surprised to see Danville miss the postseason.

beaverfan007

Gr qb moved so they don't have one with experience starting other than that I think gr should be loaded

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on April 20, 2019, 07:18:55 am
Gr qb moved so they don't have one with experience starting other than that I think gr should be loaded
Where did he go?

arkansasFBscoop

Greenie

Danville has had 2 kids join football. Max Barnes (He started his sophomore year but left to focus on school, joined back for his senior year.) and Austin White (Didn't start but very big. 6'3 and around 300 pounds. could be utilized in the tackle position.) They also have some pretty solid skills coming up from the jr. high. Julian Baccera and Solomon Gilkey will be definite pluses for the RB and LB (Julian) and WR and CB (Solomon) cores. Danville is going to have a tough year now that they have graduated everything. Best of luck to the Little Johns this upcoming year.
Here is Danville's Schedule for the 19-20 year
Dover @ Danville
Danville @ Lamar
Danville @ Waldron
Mayflower @ Danville *
Danville @ Two Rivers *
Glen Rose @ Danville *
Danville @ Atkins *
Baptist Prep @ Danville *
Danville @ Jessieville *
Perryville @ Danville *

doggieskoot2

Dover @ Danville      Win
Danville @ Lamar      Loss
Danville @ Waldron    Win
Mayflower @ Danville *     Win
Danville @ Two Rivers *     Win
Glen Rose @ Danville *    Loss
Danville @ Atkins *     Win  50/50 game
Baptist Prep @ Danville *   Win
Danville @ Jessieville *   Win
Perryville @ Danville *   Win

Greenie

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on April 29, 2019, 10:58:32 am
Dover @ Danville      Win
Danville @ Lamar      Loss
Danville @ Waldron    Win
Mayflower @ Danville *     Win
Danville @ Two Rivers *     Win
Glen Rose @ Danville *    Loss
Danville @ Atkins *     Win  50/50 game
Baptist Prep @ Danville *   Win
Danville @ Jessieville *   Win
Perryville @ Danville *   Win

what would Danville need to do to beat Atkins??

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Greenie on April 29, 2019, 07:08:19 pm
what would Danville need to do to beat Atkins??

Score at least 1 more point than atkins. 

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 30, 2019, 08:34:23 am
Someone had to say it.

Greenie

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 30, 2019, 08:34:23 am
Yeaaaahhh i walked into that one...

doggieskoot2

@ Atkins tips the scales toward Atkins.

That being said, Danville is usually a much better second half of the season team, and Atkins usually plays better early in the season.   Who knows

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on May 02, 2019, 10:55:48 am
@ Atkins tips the scales toward Atkins.

That being said, Danville is usually a much better second half of the season team, and Atkins usually plays better early in the season.   Who knows

Atkins is going to be WAY down next year.  This conference is going to be weak, but competitive.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on May 02, 2019, 12:31:08 pm
Atkins is going to be WAY down next year.  This conference is going to be weak, but competitive.
Not my team and not my conference, but for what it's worth, Atkins is looking very impressive in team camps and 7o7 from what I've watched. I do realize they aren't an accurate gauge for a team's season but they do have some very talented players.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 04, 2019, 01:40:15 pm
Not my team and not my conference, but for what it's worth, Atkins is looking very impressive in team camps and 7o7 from what I've watched. I do realize they aren't an accurate gauge for a team's season but they do have some very talented players.
When my son was in school we were awesome in 70n7. Sucked at football.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Oldman on June 04, 2019, 02:25:46 pm
When my son was in school we were awesome in 70n7. Sucked at football.
Exactly, and why I worded it that way so not everyone would feel obligated to point it out. They have some good skill players, but not sure if the supporting cast will carry them. Just not seeing much in the way of players to get excited about in some of their other 3A conf. foes. Have not seen many at all though.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 04, 2019, 02:54:47 pm
Exactly, and why I worded it that way so not everyone would feel obligated to point it out. They have some good skill players, but not sure if the supporting cast will carry them. Just not seeing much in the way of players to get excited about in some of their other 3A conf. foes. Have not seen many at all though.

League will be competitive from 1-7.  Two Rivers will still be terrible.  League as a whole will be down.

Greenie

Danville's o-line is looking to be pretty impressive.
They moved the starting left tackle (64 Street) to right tackle and is now #60 (got invited to a camp at UofA in Fay)
The right guard (58 Rogers) has a couple of D2 and D3 schools watching him
The center (Wilkins, i forgot his number) is starting again
The left guard (64 Barnes) is squatting 500 lbs like its nothing and benching 340 (got to be a couple school looking at him)
Left Tackle (74 Gil) a junior who is showing excellent skill.

The defense is looking to be pretty good
Street and Rogers are D-Ends with Barnes and Marc Alcanter in the interior
Backers are Gabe Stanley(S), Gonzalez (W), and Bacerra (M)
Corners and Safety are Mitchell (SS) Gilkey (C) Naverrete (C) and Hylton (S)

Team camp at Tech showed they still had some stuff to work but i heard something that their coach says about the team. Kinda made me chuckle, "We are like an old beat up Cadillac. In the beginning, we are slow and kinda rough but as we get going, we get faster and more refined." Hopefully Crane and the Little Johns can keep that mindset going into week one against Dover. 

Sigmund Sauer

June 04, 2019, 11:19:26 pm #26 Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:22:12 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Greenie on June 04, 2019, 07:51:06 pm
Danville's o-line is looking to be pretty impressive.
They moved the starting left tackle (64 Street) to right tackle and is now #60 (got invited to a camp at UofA in Fay)
The right guard (58 Rogers) has a couple of D2 and D3 schools watching him
The center (Wilkins, i forgot his number) is starting again
The left guard (64 Barnes) is squatting 500 lbs like its nothing and benching 340 (got to be a couple school looking at him)
Left Tackle (74 Gil) a junior who is showing excellent skill.

The defense is looking to be pretty good
Street and Rogers are D-Ends with Barnes and Marc Alcanter in the interior
Backers are Gabe Stanley(S), Gonzalez (W), and Bacerra (M)
Corners and Safety are Mitchell (SS) Gilkey (C) Naverrete (C) and Hylton (S)

Team camp at Tech showed they still had some stuff to work but i heard something that their coach says about the team. Kinda made me chuckle, "We are like an old beat up Cadillac. In the beginning, we are slow and kinda rough but as we get going, we get faster and more refined." Hopefully Crane and the Little Johns can keep that mindset going into week one against Dover.
Big fan of Crane. He's going to need a heck of a restore on that caddy to get where they were last year and a "W" over Atkins from what little I've seen so far. If anyone is up to the task, it's him.

Greenie

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 04, 2019, 11:19:26 pm
Big fan of Crane. He's going to need a heck of a restore on that caddy to get where they were last year and a "W" over Atkins from what little I've seen so far. If anyone is up to the task, it's him.
Got a peek at their practice today. Danville's got an offensive line built up. Radcliff (G and DE) and Tate (QB,WR,S) have come back after a 2 year hiatus as well as Barnes and White (Both OL) after a 1 year break. Crane has been running those guys hard. I haven't seen their Defense but a lot of people know what Crane can do. What do yall think?

Record Prediction: 8-2
Dover W
@Lamar L
@Waldron W
Mayflower W
@Two Rivers w
Glen Rose L
@Atkins W
Baptist Prep W
@Jessiville W
Perryville W

KOJACK

Quote from: beaverfan007 on April 20, 2019, 07:18:55 am
Easy come, easy go... loaded ???

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Greenie on June 11, 2019, 04:52:43 pm
Got a peek at their practice today. Danville's got an offensive line built up. Radcliff (G and DE) and Tate (QB,WR,S) have come back after a 2 year hiatus as well as Barnes and White (Both OL) after a 1 year break. Crane has been running those guys hard. I haven't seen their Defense but a lot of people know what Crane can do. What do yall think?

Record Prediction: 8-2
Dover W
@Lamar L
@Waldron W
Mayflower W
@Two Rivers w
Glen Rose L
@Atkins W
Baptist Prep W
@Jessiville W
Perryville W

I completely agree with your line assessments. However, it's the skill positions that I'm not seeing much from in camps.  Of course that can change quickly. Usually see exaggerated offensive performance in team camps. I haven't seen that so far from Danville at all. I'll say 6-4 with losses to Atkins and Dover.

friscokid

They won't lose to Dover at home. 7-3.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: friscokid on June 13, 2019, 01:32:53 am
They won't lose to Dover at home. 7-3.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like Dover is in much better shape under Coach Mendoza, I think they will be a better team than last year.

Greenie

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on June 13, 2019, 04:24:12 pm
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like Dover is in much better shape under Coach Mendoza, I think they will be a better team than last year.
Heard that the o-line from Dover isnt looking to big?? might be a problem. Ill be at the 7on7 at two rivers tomorrow to see how well Danville's defensive 7 is as well as their offense.

HSFBF

DJ Crain is a super nice person and always has been a great coach. He has been offered jobs elsewhere in higher classifications but the family loves Danville and they stay there for valid reasons. DJ will bring teams up to a higher level than many predict he will. I've noticed his cool headed coaching for many years. Players tend to go out for football when they respect the coach and his expectations. GL to Danville.

Greenie

Danville had a rough day today at the 7on7 at Two Rivers. During the "seeding round" went 2-2 and lost by 2 each time. The QB is gonna have to do a better job as well as the WR. I saw multiple times when the backside WR was wide open. Danville gonna have to do a lot better. Let CC (Conway Christian) win from a hail mary and then let Two Rivers walk on them. Slightly disappointed in the Danville back 7 HOWEVER, this is still 7on7 and ive seen Crane and the Little Johns lose in a 7on7 and then mercy rule them 11on11 in pads. Maybe Danville will figure something out.  ???

athletic supporter

Quote from: Greenie on June 14, 2019, 02:58:51 pm
Danville had a rough day today at the 7on7 at Two Rivers. During the "seeding round" went 2-2 and lost by 2 each time. The QB is gonna have to do a better job as well as the WR. I saw multiple times when the backside WR was wide open. Danville gonna have to do a lot better. Let CC (Conway Christian) win from a hail mary and then let Two Rivers walk on them. Slightly disappointed in the Danville back 7 HOWEVER, this is still 7on7 and ive seen Crane and the Little Johns lose in a 7on7 and then mercy rule them 11on11 in pads. Maybe Danville will figure something out.  ???

Any team that loses to Two Rivers in ANY FORM of football has to have concerns. Danville lost a LOT from last season. They may be fine come 11 on 11; time will tell

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Greenie on June 14, 2019, 02:58:51 pm

Crane is very good at what he does, but if you graduate 23 seniors at the 3A level - it has a big impact and it will in Danville.  7on7 can and does lie - gimmick defenses, summer-only offenses by some teams, no pressure, etc.  Still, I really do think this league will be very competitive in the middle. 

Several teams from 4-3A were there.  Heard Jessieville played for championship, Perryville finished second in their pool.  Those two, assuming they can improve OL play, will be much better this fall.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas