• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Prescott @ Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 23, 2018, 09:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 24, 2018, 10:17:50 pm
Well since OLDSCHOOL won't talk to me I'm gonna put on my maroon hoody and go sit with my friends!!
;D :D lol

HG Hornet

Having played and lost to both teams, I'm gonna say that this game comes down to whoever makes the fewest mistakes.  Booneville had several penalties last night and by their own fan's admission, didn't get their offense going until the 2nd quarter.  CHG led 6-0 after the 1st, then gave up 43 unanswered and trailed 43-6 at the end of the 3rd.

Prescott beat us at home 40-0 and that was without three starters who all made plays last night vs the Bearcats, including our senior QB #10, who some Booneville posters referred to as a stud.  Would we have beaten Prescott with those three in?  Probably not, honestly, but once Prescott realized that our QB wasn't in, they loaded the box knowing that we wouldn't be able to pass effectively.  That game was our worst game all year by far!

Prescott should know that Booneville is big and fast and their RBs run mad.  Booneville should know that Prescott is much more potent than we were last night and probably won't hurt themselves with turnovers like they did vs Smackover.

This game could go either way, in my opinion.  If I had to make a pick I would probably say Booneville by a score.

Warriors023

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 24, 2018, 10:58:16 pm
Having played and lost to both teams, I'm gonna say that this game comes down to whoever makes the fewest mistakes.  Booneville had several penalties last night and by their own fan's admission, didn't get their offense going until the 2nd quarter.  CHG led 6-0 after the 1st, then gave up 43 unanswered and trailed 43-6 at the end of the 3rd.

Prescott beat us at home 40-0 and that was without three starters who all made plays last night vs the Bearcats, including our senior QB #10, who some Booneville posters referred to as a stud.  Would we have beaten Prescott with those three in?  Probably not, honestly, but once Prescott realized that our QB wasn't in, they loaded the box knowing that we wouldn't be able to pass effectively.  That game was our worst game all year by far!

Prescott should know that Booneville is big and fast and their RBs run mad.  Booneville should know that Prescott is much more potent than we were last night and probably won't hurt themselves with turnovers like they did vs Smackover.

This game could go either way, in my opinion.  If I had to make a pick I would probably say Booneville by a score.
The question I pose to you, does Prescott have the defensive size to stop Boonevilles backfield? Speed works wonders, but when it comes down to it, Booneville is just huge.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 24, 2018, 11:02:18 pm
The question I pose to you, does Prescott have the defensive size to stop Boonevilles backfield? Speed works wonders, but when it comes down to it, Booneville is just huge.
They've got some big guys too.  Prescott will be the best team you've faced this year and I think the winner of this game wins the championship game at WMS. 

Skip Baymore

November 24, 2018, 11:38:29 pm #54 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:43:20 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2018, 03:32:44 pm
I hear Booneville is unbeatable! They say the Bearcats worse day and Prescott best day they couldn't even beat them.

I want to know who "they" are and who you "heard" that from, lol.   I definitely don't agree the above statement as it is written.  Booneville was pre-season number 1 to most and has done nothing to remove themselves from that spot.  The Bearcats have their chance, this year, but will have to beat the best two teams they have seen, by far, to get it done.  Whoever comes out with the trophy at the end will deserve it.  Good luck to all 4 and safe, long, travels to the road teams.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 24, 2018, 10:58:16 pm

That's the best description I've heard yet, and it's accurate.

Carson Ray had his helmet ripped off last night early in the 2nd Q. I believe we were still down 6-0. He was clearly very upset about it, and I knew right then that we were about to run away with the game. He was hard to stop for the remainder of the game (as all of our backs were). He even got a little revenge a couple of carries later by ripping off the tacklers helmet with a brutal stiff arm. These guys are fun to watch, because "they run mad".

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2018, 12:04:35 am
That's the best description I've heard yet, and it's accurate.

Carson Ray had his helmet ripped off last night early in the 2nd Q. I believe we were still down 6-0. He was clearly very upset about it, and I knew right then that we were about to run away with the game. He was hard to stop for the remainder of the game (as all of our backs were). He even got a little revenge a couple of carries later by ripping off the tacklers helmet with a brutal stiff arm. These guys are fun to watch, because "they run mad".
It should be a great game because Prescott tackles mad. 😁

Curleywolf Fan

November 25, 2018, 12:38:41 am #57 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:19:37 am by Curleywolf Fan
We have a sophomore running back number 35 who runs mad and with attitude himself. He is big and strong and fights for every yard. I remember that old man in a post on the Prescott vs McGehee page said that one of their players was scared to tackle him and looked like a boxer taking a dive every time he would run his way! 😂

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 24, 2018, 10:17:50 pm
Well since OLDSCHOOL won't talk to me I'm gonna put on my maroon hoody and go sit with my friends!!

Wrong again adapt!  You don't have any friends!

nastynice

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 24, 2018, 10:55:38 pm
They have evolved into a 7A style air raid offense, averaging 300 passing yds P/G.

We did set a few passing records this year. Lol

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 25, 2018, 12:38:41 am
We have a sophomore running back number 35 who runs mad and with attitude himself. He is big and strong and fights for every yard. I remember that old man in a post on the Prescott vs McGehee page said that one of their players was scared to tackle him and looked like a boxer taking a dive every time he would run his way! 😂
Don't think you will see that in Booneville Friday going to be a great game

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 25, 2018, 12:38:41 am

Booneville boys won't be scared to tackle him I can assure you.  He will be hit as hard as he has been hit all year every play.  Going to be a great high school football game.

teh29

I asked on another post..  I've yet to receive an answer.. Is Prescotts qb the same guy from last year? I believe he was #9? I was at the osceola/prescott game last year and that kid could flat out go.  Booneville is excellent at what they do..  But I'm going to make a bold prediction..  After watching all the film I could find on the internet..  And IF  Prescott has the same qb as last year.  The ONLY way Booneville stays in this game is to stay ahead of the chains..  If Prescott starts forcing multiple 3 and outs..  They will run away with this game.  That team is good.. FAST..   And no Booneville can't match their speed..  Smackover could..  Osceola could last year..  This Booneville team is great..  And deserve to be here..  But they MUST stay ahead of the chains or this one will get ugly..  Bold prediction of the day..  Prescott wins in a route..  Word to Prescott..  As someone who has seen this same offense ran to perfection this year..  Tackle all of them..  Don't try to find the ball..  At the line of scrimmage..  Everyone is legal..  If you get caught looking in the backfield..  You will get your feelings hurt all night..  Tackle tackle tackle.. And hold them on 3rd down..  And let your playmakers do what they do on offense..  It's gonna come down to does Prescott have enough speed and discipline to stop Booneville..  I think they do..  But at the same time..  No one has done it all year..  Should be a good one..  If Booneville has their way up front..  Controls the line/ball/clock.. Prescott is in for a long frustrating night.. 

Linebacker

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 25, 2018, 12:17:34 am
It should be a great game because Prescott tackles mad. 😁

Prescott does tackle mad! Especially that one that's 6"1' weighs 340! He plays mad too!  ;D

ghoti

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:50:24 am
I asked on another post..  I've yet to receive an answer.. Is Prescotts qb the same guy from last year? I believe he was #9? I was at the osceola/prescott game last year and that kid could flat out go.  Booneville is excellent at what they do..  But I'm going to make a bold prediction..  After watching all the film I could find on the internet..  And IF  Prescott has the same qb as last year.  The ONLY way Booneville stays in this game is to stay ahead of the chains..  If Prescott starts forcing multiple 3 and outs..  They will run away with this game.  That team is good.. FAST..   And no Booneville can't match their speed..  Smackover could..  Osceola could last year..  This Booneville team is great..  And deserve to be here..  But they MUST stay ahead of the chains or this one will get ugly..  Bold prediction of the day..  Prescott wins in a route..  Word to Prescott..  As someone who has seen this same offense ran to perfection this year..  Tackle all of them..  Don't try to find the ball..  At the line of scrimmage..  Everyone is legal..  If you get caught looking in the backfield..  You will get your feelings hurt all night..  Tackle tackle tackle.. And hold them on 3rd down..  And let your playmakers do what they do on offense..  It's gonna come down to does Prescott have enough speed and discipline to stop Booneville..  I think they do..  But at the same time..  No one has done it all year..  Should be a good one..  If Booneville has their way up front..  Controls the line/ball/clock.. Prescott is in for a long frustrating night.. 
no he is gone

501Arkansas

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:50:24 am
He is a walk on at Arkansas

ghoti

prescott always gets credit for their speed, but they are bigger than you think they are. you see the qb and he makes everyone look short.

teh29

Good for the young man who is now at Arkansas..  I hope his career exceeds his own expectations.  Prescott is big..  Prescott is good..  Prescott is fast.  Butaube it's just me..  I expected more from the defending state champ..  Who was 26-1 when they showed up in Osceola last year.  But with that being said..  I still feel like..  With the right coaching and adjustments..  They could run away (figuratively and literally)  from Booneville.  But like I also said..  No one has done it yet..  But if anyone is going to do it..  It's Prescott. 

jay nelvin

Quote from: ghoti on November 25, 2018, 11:06:31 am
prescott always gets credit for their speed, but they are bigger than you think they are. you see the qb and he makes everyone look short.
Yep, 7 ft tall in cleats with helmet, and is very fast.

KOJACK

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 11:09:44 am
Good for the young man who is now at Arkansas..  I hope his career exceeds his own expectations.  Prescott is big..  Prescott is good..  Prescott is fast.  Butaube it's just me..  I expected more from the defending state champ..  Who was 26-1 when they showed up in Osceola last year.  But with that being said..  I still feel like..  With the right coaching and adjustments..  They could run away (figuratively and literally)  from Booneville.  But like I also said..  No one has done it yet..  But if anyone is going to do it..  It's Prescott.
Totally different team than last year.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on November 25, 2018, 11:33:44 am
Totally different team than last year.
Apparently, they did a pretty good job of reloading.

flow51

Any of those who have seen Clinton play this year... Booneville doesn't look any bigger than they were...? 

Bearcatdad

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2018, 03:09:06 pm
Any of those who have seen Clinton play this year... Booneville doesn't look any bigger than they were...?

Stronger and faster

OLDSCHOOL82

Both semi final matchups are what you want to see.  Both games should be classic, hard fought battles.  Drop any home town favoritism, and it's really hard to call.  Cats roll though of course!!

flow51

nastynice

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2018, 03:39:04 pm
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 25, 2018, 03:18:42 pm
Stronger and faster
[/quote

Of course you would say that...

I don't know if we are faster than Clinton, but I do know we are stronger than any team in AR.  Including all classifications. Doesn't mean we'll win Friday though.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2018, 03:39:04 pm
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 25, 2018, 03:18:42 pm
Stronger and faster
[/quote

Of course you would say that...
If your team is still playing and you get a shot at the Bearcats then guess you can make up your own mind.

flow51

My team is playing them Friday night! I have seen Clinton in person and both Clinton and Booneville on film. Now my question was for someone who has seen both (Charleston)... I'm sure Booneville fans think their team is the biggest, strongest, fastest, etc.

nastynice

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2018, 04:09:10 pm
My team is playing them Friday night! I have seen Clinton in person and both Clinton and Booneville on film. Now my question was for someone who has seen both (Charleston)... I'm sure Booneville fans think their team is the biggest, strongest, fastest, etc.

Not the biggest and dang not the fastest, but I'd bet the farm we're the strongest.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2018, 04:14:31 pm
Not the biggest and dang not the fastest, but I'd bet the farm we're the strongest.
I guess we are the biggest and the fastest, since we are the 2018 Class 3A State Champions in Track and Field!

nastynice

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 25, 2018, 04:27:46 pm
I guess we are the biggest and the fastest, since we are the 2018 Class 3A State Champions in Track and Field!

Sounds good.

KOJACK

Thank goodness we are playing football and not track and field or lifting weights...

elmerfudd

Question for Prescott fans.... on a scale from 1-5 (5 being the best), how good did Prescott play against McGehee last week?

ghoti

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2018, 05:20:06 pm
Question for Prescott fans.... on a scale from 1-5 (5 being the best), how good did Prescott play against McGehee last week?

jay nelvin

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2018, 05:20:06 pm
D played really good, O played average IMO.  Fog was really bad and the field was a bit slippery.  Owls had a good defense, which probably made our O look average. 

Bearcatdad

Now nasty we had them old slow running backs running away from CHG last Friday.  Not to slow I would say

jay nelvin

Yes, we did have over 300 yards rushing against a really good defense.

WorkOrder

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 25, 2018, 05:43:32 pm
Yes, we did have over 300 yards rushing against a really good defense.

Actually we had over 400 yards rushing

flow51

Nothing but respect for Booneville. I was just asking about size because seems like that is what I've been hearing for the last several weeks. Clinton looked bigger IMO! As far as Prescott's play against McGehee.. I would say a 3. I think both players and coaches would agree. I personally think if we come out friday and play at a 5... we win by 10+. If Booneville plays at a 5 also it could be a shootout. I've said since Boonevilles run in the 4A playoffs last year that they would be the team to beat this year. I feel like the Final 4 all do what they do very well... but do be the best, you must beat the best and I would say Booneville is classified "the best" right now. Looking forward to Friday night!

elmerfudd

Quote from: flow51 on November 25, 2018, 05:53:18 pm
Nothing but respect for Booneville. I was just asking about size because seems like that is what I've been hearing for the last several weeks. Clinton looked bigger IMO! As far as Prescott's play against McGehee.. I would say a 3. I think both players and coaches would agree. I personally think if we come out friday and play at a 5... we win by 10+. If Booneville plays at a 5 also it could be a shootout. I've said since Boonevilles run in the 4A playoffs last year that they would be the team to beat this year. I feel like the Final 4 all do what they do very well... but do be the best, you must beat the best and I would say Booneville is classified "the best" right now. Looking forward to Friday night!

Agreed.

I noticed Prescott was averaging 44 points a game, so I was curious why they only scored about half that against McGehee. Figured I would try to get a feel from the fans if they had a slight off night or if McGehee was that stout. I know there are other variables involved as well. Thanks for the accuracy, Oldman lol.

Curleywolf Fan

November 25, 2018, 07:27:28 pm #92 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:29:16 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2018, 06:00:22 pm
Agreed.

I noticed Prescott was averaging 44 points a game, so I was curious why they only scored about half that against McGehee. Figured I would try to get a feel from the fans if they had a slight off night or if McGehee was that stout. I know there are other variables involved as well. Thanks for the accuracy, Oldman lol.
We could have scored at least 35 Friday night but we missed two extra points and our quarterback had a 25 yard run to the McGehee end zone but fumbled and they recovered inside their 5 yard line.

wolfpride 2

Don't forget the one that was under thrown to 3....that would have been a walk in TD.

Fang

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 25, 2018, 07:27:28 pm
We could have scored at least 35 Friday night but we missed two extra points and our quarterback had a 25 yard run to the McGehee end zone but fumbled and they recovered inside their 5 yard line.
we only threw 2 passes; did not need to throw the ball.  Fog was getting thicker as the game continued, and our receivers probably could not have seen the ball to catch it.

ISU7

If any of the players worked on your farm they gotta be strong. ;D

davecw

Prescott has the best offensive line that CHG saw all year. Their backfield is amazing. Booneville is solid and doesn't turn the ball over. They wear opposing defenses down. Their defense does not miss tackles and is very disciplined. It should be a really good game. I wish it was in Prescott so that I could go but I don't want to go bad enough to do the drive to Booneville again.

nastynice

November 26, 2018, 10:25:09 am #97 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:26:57 am by nastynice
Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2018, 08:56:37 am
If any of the players worked on your farm they gotta be strong. ;D

Over the last several years about 1/4 of them have worked out here on the farm in some way.

Curleywolf Fan

November 26, 2018, 10:46:45 am #98 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:38:46 am by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: davecw on November 26, 2018, 09:09:18 am
Prescott has the best offensive line that CHG saw all year. Their backfield is amazing. Booneville is solid and doesn't turn the ball over. They wear opposing defenses down. Their defense does not miss tackles and is very disciplined. It should be a really good game. I wish it was in Prescott so that I could go but I don't want to go bad enough to do the drive to Booneville again.
Our backfield is amazing we have a bruising runner in 35 that will run you over and a very fast runner 32 you is dangerous running outside and our quarterback is tall and can run or throw. When he runs he reminds me of a past quarterback Arkansas had named Matt Jones who wore number 9 like our quarterback. By the way Matt Jones was conceived in Prescott when his father was a assistant coach under legendary Prescott football coach Eddie Jackson who is in the Arkansas high school coaches Hall Of Fame.

nastynice

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 26, 2018, 10:46:45 am
Our backfield is amazing we have a bruising runner in 35 that will run you over and a very fast runner 32 you is dangerous running outside and our quarterback is tall and and run or throw. When he runs he reminds me of a past quarterback Arkansas had named Matt Jones who wore number 9 like our quarterback. By the way Matt Jones was conceived in Prescott when is father was a assistant coach under legendary Prescott football coach Eddie Jackson who is in the Arkansas high school coaches Hall Of Fame.

Sounds like we better start airing up the basketballs then.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas