• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heritage new Head Football coach

Started by 7AFball, April 17, 2019, 10:03:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

7AFball

April 17, 2019, 10:03:35 am Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:04:41 pm by 7AFball
Good article in today's ADG.. Young coach from Tennessee with some NW AR family ties and a good winning record in TN 4A classification. At least he will have a LOT of players to coach and mold into a "team" approach attitude. Congrats Heritage on getting your new HC in football.  :)

i40traveler

Once again a big school in Arkansas goes out of state, only to (probably) have the job come open again in the next calendar year.  There are good coaches in the state.

7AFball

Quote from: i40traveler on April 17, 2019, 10:48:08 am
Once again a big school in Arkansas goes out of state, only to (probably) have the job come open again in the next calendar year.  There are good coaches in the state.
I agree that AR has a lot of qualified coaches. Wonder how many of the 100 who applied were from AR and more specifically NWAR?

Oldbadger

I think his name is Steve Hookfin. He was a standout football player for Arkadelphia several years ago in the 1990's. He went on to play college football at Ohio University (Not Ohio State). I lost track of him about then and was surprised he was coaching in Tennessee. I didn't know him but knew some of his family. Good people as far as I know. Like I said, I lost track about 2000, so don't know latest on him or his family. His brother lives in NW Arkansas, don't know of any others. Someone may can enlighten us more.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas