• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle Football

Started by hogwild_82, June 06, 2018, 04:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackrob

Why shouldn't he or she?

purpleswag

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 21, 2018, 07:28:24 pm
Why shouldn't he or she?

Because it's a message board. You're not having a convo at the local eatery

razorbackrob

What's your real name?  Don't hide behind a screen name.

purpleswag

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 21, 2018, 08:23:57 pm

I wish there was a gif feature of this site. You don't get it

razorbackrob

Yes I get it.  People get on here and say what they want, behind a screen name, without any accountability.  Man up!

Bildo

Purpleswag... why? Why do you think you're "entitled" to anything? What this basically boils down to is, you not getting your way, so you throw a fit. No one owes you, or anyone else for that matter, an explanation for any hire for any position at any school. Just move on and troll someone else's board.

Big Dave

I personally think this a good hire. I also think that Rob would've been good. But he got the opportunity to go to his Alma Mater as an assistant and possibly take the HC spot in a few years. But after meeting with Coach Shock Tuesday night, he is excited and ready for the challenge.

LC sports

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 21, 2018, 05:23:35 pm
How is this good ole boy stuff?
BisonFan1 who are you?
How many people on this post are actually from Carlisle?
Roll Call: Me, Bildo....who else?

LC Sports....that should be self explanatory! CHS Class of 1990.

purpleswag

Quote from: Bildo on June 21, 2018, 09:21:40 pm
Purpleswag... why? Why do you think you're "entitled" to anything? What this basically boils down to is, you not getting your way, so you throw a fit. No one owes you, or anyone else for that matter, an explanation for any hire for any position at any school. Just move on and troll someone else's board.

You and rob are crazy. Like for real mentally disturbed. Go back and read my posts And show me where I "trolled" anywhere. In fact, I actually defended the hire. You two are the equvailant of some morons who can't hold their liquor at the Saturday night social and want to pick a fight with everyone. Man up cowboy!!! lol

Rabhog

Quote from: BisonFan1 on June 21, 2018, 09:03:45 am
Yea, that kind of stood out to me as well when I was reading his announcement.  I don't think Greene meant anything by that...at least I hope he didn't.  Mark has put in his time, is a member of the community and an alum of Carlisle Schools.  No need to take shots at him. 
Let me tell you about Mark he is a number one man period. He sure knows how to treat players just look at what he did in Lonoke had good teams and he took boys and turned them into men.

razorbackrob

Hiding behind a screen.

purpleswag

razorbackrob

I never one time said anything negative toward you (purpleswag).  Just asked you what your real name is.  Maybe your saying these things tongue and cheek, but if your not you can't offend me or bildo.  Real easy to hide behind a screen.

razorbackrob

June 22, 2018, 09:09:06 am #113 Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:15:39 am by razorbackrob
I've got a question, who on here has bashed Coach U?  I've looked all thru the post and no one has said anything negative about him.  So why is he being defended by some posters?  Am I reading into this wrong?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 22, 2018, 09:09:06 am
I've got a question, who on here has bashed Coach U?  I've looked all thru the post and no one has said anything negative about him.  So why is he being defended by some posters?  Am I reading into this wrong?

Yes.

purpleswag

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 22, 2018, 09:03:24 am
I never one time said anything negative toward you (purpleswag).  Just asked you what your real name is.  Maybe your saying these things tongue and cheek, but if your not you can't offend me or bildo.  Real easy to hide behind a screen.

Lol

BisonFan1

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 22, 2018, 09:09:06 am

I don't think anyone in here "bashed" him.  There were a few people, early in the thread, that critiqued his style of coaching; how it wouldn't work anymore, as well as how hard he is on his players.  Myself and several other posters responded with our thoughts on the matter.

LC sports

Ok. Since I was in HS when the first Coach Shock was coach, here is some info. Coach Steve Shock hired a girls basketball coach/defensive coordinator his only year. That coach had been out of teaching and selling cars....that coach would go on to be the most successful coach in school history in James Clayton. So the new Coach Shock not coaching the last year.... I'm not holding any stock into that!

Go Bison!

Idoknow

June 23, 2018, 10:45:31 am #118 Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:56:48 am by Idoknow
Coach Clayton left Jack Roby Jr. High in PB to move back to his home town Jonesboro to go into Real estate after turning down a position as defensive coordinator under Coach Glover. If he had stayed he would have been part of four State Champioships for the Zebras.
Coach Clayton had lots of experience when he came to Carlisle having numerous undefeated Jr. High Championship teams in both Fb and BB and having worked under some of the best Coaches in the State on the Sr High level.
It would be unfair to compare what Coach Clayton had accomplished to that of Coach Shock! If Coach Shock is anything like his Dad and Mom it's going to be a culture shock getting use to the environment coming from where he is living today.That was the problem his dad and mom had. I think that played a big role in them leaving after one yr. and the rest is history!
Good luck to Coach Shock and hope he has many good yrs. at Carlisle.

This is reference to LC sports post!

Vtown04

Bringing my Mom into a Fearless Friday Post... Idoknow is right in saying Coach Clayton had plenty of very successful experience prior to getting out of coaching for a short period of time.  Have enjoyed following this thread and am excited to work for a community that has passionate fans willing to talk about it.  Hopefully we will give everyone plenty of good things to talk about in the future. Go Bison!

Vtown04

Also, if any of you guys out there are Bison alum I am trying to compile an address list to send out a letter to as many former players as I possibly can.  Feel free to PM me your name and address so I can get one to you or email me at cshock@carlisle.k12.ar.us.  Hope to see you around this summer/fall.

Sonofasonofasailor

June 24, 2018, 02:31:48 pm #121 Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:07:00 pm by Sonofasonofasailor
Quote from: Vtown04 on June 23, 2018, 09:29:43 pm
Bringing my Mom into a Fearless Friday Post... Idoknow is right in saying Coach Clayton had plenty of very successful experience prior to getting out of coaching for a short period of time.  Have enjoyed following this thread and am excited to work for a community that has passionate fans willing to talk about it.  Hopefully we will give everyone plenty of good things to talk about in the future. Go Bison!

N/M

Bildo

June 24, 2018, 02:39:03 pm #122 Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:03:16 pm by Bildo
Why is that even relevant?! If he says no... then it could be considered a knock against the previous "administration". If he answers yes, then it could be considered "good ole boy" hiring. It's a lose-lose answer.

He is now the coach at Carlisle... let's welcome him and move forward.

Glad to have you coach.

Sonofasonofasailor

June 24, 2018, 03:45:33 pm #123 Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:07:36 pm by Sonofasonofasailor
Quote from: Bildo on June 24, 2018, 02:39:03 pm
Why is that even relevant?! If he says no... then it could be considered a knock against the previous "administration". If he answers yes, then it could be considered "good ole boy" hiring. It's a lose-lose answer.

He is now the coach at Carlisle... let's welcome him and move forward.

Glad to have you coach.

Deleted just to make you happy.

tigerblood

Quote from: razorbackrob on June 21, 2018, 08:23:57 pm

Dude stop. Just because you want to give out your name doesn't mean anyone else has too. Get over it.

HoopKing

Have they hired any assistants?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on June 25, 2018, 03:25:02 pm
Have they hired any assistants?

Looks like you'll have your answer by July 9th. 

Noted the comment about running "our offense".  Does that mean the Diamond T remains?

In a press release announcing the hiring last week, Greene said: "Coach Shock is a diligent worker (who) embodies what it means to be a Bison — respectful, hard-working and tenacious. I am extremely excited for Coach Shock to arrive and begin working with our young men."

The pair has been interviewing candidates for two assistant positions to join Steve Tew, who was hired a few weeks ago.

"Caleb brings a lot of energy to the program, and he's a really good Xs-and-Os coach," Greene said. "He's tough and he's going to make the kids work, but he will also love them up.

"He's more defensive-oriented, but he's going to run our offense, and we're trying to hire a defensive coordinator. We're also going to hire someone for the offensive line and defensive line. We've started that process."

Greene said they hoped to have the personnel decisions made before the end of the Arkansas Activities Association's mandated two-week dead period next week. The staff will be introduced to the public July 9 at 7 p.m. in the Civic Center.

purpleswag

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 27, 2018, 11:32:43 am

Noted the comment about running "our offense".  Does that mean the Diamond T remains?

In a press release announcing the hiring last week, Greene said: "Coach Shock is a diligent worker (who) embodies what it means to be a Bison — respectful, hard-working and tenacious. I am extremely excited for Coach Shock to arrive and begin working with our young men."

The pair has been interviewing candidates for two assistant positions to join Steve Tew, who was hired a few weeks ago.

"Caleb brings a lot of energy to the program, and he's a really good Xs-and-Os coach," Greene said. "He's tough and he's going to make the kids work, but he will also love them up.

"He's more defensive-oriented, but he's going to run our offense, and we're trying to hire a defensive coordinator. We're also going to hire someone for the offensive line and defensive line. We've started that process."

Greene said they hoped to have the personnel decisions made before the end of the Arkansas Activities Association's mandated two-week dead period next week. The staff will be introduced to the public July 9 at 7 p.m. in the Civic Center.

No. He is going to be the OC is how i'm taking it

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: purpleswag on June 27, 2018, 12:45:17 pm
No. He is going to be the OC is how i'm taking it

Thanks.  Any idea what type offense he runs?  Could be a Nutt to Petrino type transition.

purpleswag

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 27, 2018, 03:47:25 pm
Thanks.  Any idea what type offense he runs?  Could be a Nutt to Petrino type transition.

I have no clue. Probably spread. I will say that I thought I would never see the day when Carlisle wasn't a power football team. Take your hats off boys it's a sad day

BisonFan1

Quote from: purpleswag on June 27, 2018, 03:52:57 pm
I have no clue. Probably spread. I will say that I thought I would never see the day when Carlisle wasn't a power football team. Take your hats off boys it's a sad day

They've dabbled with it once or twice and it never worked. To my knowledge, Carlisle has only been successful running power football.  We'll see...since, according to some, power football doesn't "work" in today's game, all should be well now. 

old.dole

If your struggling with numbers you got to run what's fun for the kids. It's all about the individual now days and everyone thinks they should be getting touches.

BisonFan1

Quote from: old.dole on June 28, 2018, 01:34:17 pm
If your struggling with numbers you got to run what's fun for the kids. It's all about the individual now days and everyone thinks they should be getting touches.

Sad, but true.

gameoflife

Only thing that gets numbers out and keeps them is winning.  Doesn't matter what you run if you win you get kids if you loose they quit in short time.  It's that I, me mentality that the world is coming to.  I want satisfaction now or I quit. 

HorseFeathers

It's the way parents are.....and leads to their kids expecting the same...

beach bum

purpleswag

Sonofasonofasailor

Sounds like "our offense" means whatever they ran at Heber.

purpleswag

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 29, 2018, 07:32:14 am
Sounds like "our offense" means whatever they ran at Heber.

Maybe. I'm assuming and you know what they say about assuming

beach bum

June 29, 2018, 01:11:26 pm #139 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:13:08 pm by beach bum
Quote from: purpleswag on June 29, 2018, 06:31:23 am
No he does not

I have always said if you are a coach or the family members of a coach..... Or even good friends with a coach for that matter then maybe this site is not for them if they can't handle a little criticism about a coach. I have always said the kids should be off limits from personal attacks on this site no matter how bad something may be as they are just kids, but the adults whether it be coaches or fan bases should be able to deal with the criticism as they are adults.

beach bum

I got to see Carlise a couple times in their glory days with that power run game. That was a treat for sure.

gameoflife

Quote from: beach bum on June 29, 2018, 01:11:26 pm

I have always said if you are a coach or the family members of a coach..... Or even good friends with a coach for that matter then maybe this site is not for them if they can't handle a little criticism about a coach. I have always said the kids should be off limits from personal attacks on this site no matter how bad something may be as they are just kids, but the adults whether it be coaches or fan bases should be able to deal with the criticism as they are adults.

I'd say all of those involved in the game deserve some thoughtful consideration before  posting, however I also think truth is pretty much open.  With some class. Everyone has a bad moment.

Lions84

Congratulations to the Bison on their new hire!

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on June 27, 2018, 11:32:43 am

Who did they hire to round out the staff?

BisonFan1

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 09, 2018, 07:56:33 pm
Who did they hire to round out the staff?

According to Lonoke Co. Sports Report, they have hired two more assistants:  Wes Rowland as DC and Courtney Mallett as OL/DL coach.  Rowland had a previous stint at Carlisle under Coach Waymire. 

Ventman

Glad to see coach Roland back. Great coach and a better man.

Sonofasonofasailor

Big Dave

25 I think but I think they were missing a couple friday

i40traveler

Carlisle had been selected for a 103.7 SuperSonic Game this year!

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Big Dave on August 06, 2018, 11:58:56 am
25 I think but I think they were missing a couple friday

Thanks.  I recall they struggled with depth after some injuries last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas