• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2015

Started by epotts, March 10, 2015, 02:05:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MyView

Sacred Heart's new girls coach is Kyle Duvall.

Quote from: gojackets14 on June 13, 2015, 09:32:57 am
Quote from: epotts on June 13, 2015, 02:10:32 am
Current List (updated 6/13/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Rural Special(coach girls and boys both)-
Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland- Eddie Beck
Greene County Tech- Brian Martin
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman- Jordan Wise
Greenwood- Greg Nichols
Armorel- Hunter Kortan
Cossatot River-
Bruno Pyatt- Bobby Howard
Russellville-
Newport-Heath Swiney
Elkins- Jared Porter
Camden Harmony Grove-
Watson Chapel-
Deer-
Hackett-

GIRLS:

Piggot- Chase Hallbrook
Hampton-
Brookland- Coach Baltz
Ridgefield Christian-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Palestine-Wheatly-
Bruno-Pyatt- Bobby Howard
Wynne-Bobby Harris
Alma- Codey Mann
Mount Vernon-Enola- Adam Carlton
Hector-Walt Davis
Clinton- Jeremy Carson
Russellville- Sherry White
Omaha- Jimmy Lincoln
Paris- ? Fairfield
Mulberry-
Fort Smith Southside-
Forrest City-
Shirley- Filled
Marked Tree-
Western Grove-Kelsey Hudson
Deer-
Gentry-
Sacred Heart-
Greers Ferry West Side-
Conway Christian-

Steve Brown is the girls coach at FSSS. Matt Hall to Russellville boys.

birddawg1986

Marked Tree hired Toya Graves

Basketballfan13

I believe Clinton is still open, the coach they hired stepped down and decided not to take the job

wiseman3

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 16, 2015, 12:53:06 pm
I believe Clinton is still open, the coach they hired stepped down and decided not to take the job

As far as I know Carson is in there. The coach that backed out was the Greenwood Girl's Assistant, then they hired Carson.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: wiseman3 on June 16, 2015, 01:43:16 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 16, 2015, 12:53:06 pm

As far as I know Carson is in there. The coach that backed out was the Greenwood Girl's Assistant, then they hired Carson.
Ok, thank you. I knew their coach had backed out wasn't sure that they replaced him already.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Riverside Girls coach resigned!  He was a really good coach. Paper said he is going to join the family business
of farming.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on June 17, 2015, 12:24:58 pm
Riverside Girls coach resigned!  He was a really good coach. Paper said he is going to join the family business
of farming.

Coach Spencer Hoffman will do a fine job there!!
His daughters will help build that program

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

So Hoffman turned down the MO. job for the Riverside job?     O yea his daughters are real good.

HorseFeathers

Carlisle boys just came open...

Eagles14

Any talent at carlisle? They have had trouble keeping basketball coaches on the boys side the past few years. Always a power in football but never hear anything about their boys basketball program

JJYahoo

Not much talent left in boys athletics at Carlisle.  There will be some down years coming.

ballmember

Has Greers Ferry Westside hired a Girls coach yet???

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: JJYahoo on June 18, 2015, 08:59:37 am
Not much talent left in boys athletics at Carlisle.  There will be some down years coming.
Actually, there is talent.  Especially in jr high. There are a few sprinkled in there in high school. But it has been down for sure. They are just talent light in the 15 & 16 classes.  Just not very many.

No Name

Toby Tevebaugh to Gentry's Girls

Eagles14

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on June 18, 2015, 06:01:59 pm
Quote from: JJYahoo on June 18, 2015, 08:59:37 am
Actually, there is talent.  Especially in jr high. There are a few sprinkled in there in high school. But it has been down for sure. They are just talent light in the 15 & 16 classes.  Just not very many.

How did their Jr high finish in conference last year?

JJYahoo

I think they finished 5th or 6th in a 10 team conference

BrianfromCarlisle

Mostly 8th graders last year.  They should be much improved this year. I think the finished 5th. 

BrianfromCarlisle

They just need a coach that will utilize their abilities correctly, and they could be pretty good this year.  The high school boys should be improved. Still tough to make regionals out of the conference, but they could sneak in to that 4 spot. 

BBallFan4

Forrest City hired Erica Taylor away from PW

Will be interesting to watch a permanent sub with no coaching certification or experience take over a 5A school

epotts

Current List (updated 6/19/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland- Eddie Beck
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman- Jordan Wise
Greenwood- Greg Nichols
Armorel- Hunter Kortan
Cossatot River-
Russellville- Matt Hall
Newport-Heath Swiney
Elkins- Jared Porter
Camden Harmony Grove-
Watson Chapel-
Deer-
Carlisle-
Hackett-

GIRLS:

Piggot- Chase Hallbrook
Hampton-
Brookland- Coach Baltz
Ridgefield Christian-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Palestine-Wheatly-
Wynne-Bobby Harris
Alma- Codey Mann
Hector-Walt Davis
Clinton- Jeremy Carson
Omaha- Jimmy Lincoln
Paris- ? Fairfield
Mulberry-
Fort Smith Southside- Steve Brown
Forrest City- Erica Taylor
Shirley- Filled
Marked Tree- Toya Graves
Deer-
Gentry- Toby Tevebaugh
Sacred Heart- Kyle Duvall
Greers Ferry West Side-
Conway Christian-
Riverside-Spencer Hoffman

MikeDieselâ„¢

Gosnell sr. boys was open.  Danny Williams has taken the job.  Glintborg went back to Blytheville for Assistant Football.

gojackets14

Quote from: epotts on June 19, 2015, 07:35:36 pm
Current List (updated 6/19/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland- Eddie Beck
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman- Jordan Wise
Greenwood- Greg Nichols
Armorel- Hunter Kortan
Cossatot River-
Russellville- Matt Hall
Newport-Heath Swiney
Elkins- Jared Porter
Camden Harmony Grove-
Watson Chapel-
Deer-
Carlisle-
Hackett-

GIRLS:

Piggot- Chase Hallbrook
Hampton-
Brookland- Coach Baltz
Ridgefield Christian-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Palestine-Wheatly-
Wynne-Bobby Harris
Alma- Codey Mann
Hector-Walt Davis
Clinton- Jeremy Carson
Omaha- Jimmy Lincoln
Paris- ? Fairfield
Mulberry-
Fort Smith Southside- Steve Brown
Forrest City- Erica Taylor
Shirley- Filled
Marked Tree- Toya Graves
Deer-
Gentry- Toby Tevebaugh
Sacred Heart- Kyle Duvall
Greers Ferry West Side-
Conway Christian-
Riverside-Spencer Hoffman

I don't think Watson Chapel is open.

brock

elvis26

;D dover is looking for a senior boys basketball coach!!!!!! also Waldron is looking for a senior girls basketball coach!!!!!!!

fbisgreat

Were did Vigil from Waldron go.

PrivateLesson

laketownballer

What's going on at Westside Greers Ferry. That job has been open for a while. It keeps getting reposted.

brock

My guess they are being too picky this late in the game.

ballmember

I think small school coach jobs are getting harder to fill with the type of coaches that the school board wants.   The good coaches like to run their programs , and do not want the board and parents running it.  When you gain a reputation,  whether true or not,   it is hard to overcome and many of the good experienced ones will not apply.     With any Class A school the threat of consolidation is always in the back of their minds. 

brock

Quote from: ballmember on July 02, 2015, 12:37:21 pm
I think small school coach jobs are getting harder to fill with the type of coaches that the school board wants.   The good coaches like to run their programs , and do not want the board and parents running it.  When you gain a reputation,  whether true or not,   it is hard to overcome and many of the good experienced ones will not apply.     With any Class A school the threat of consolidation is always in the back of their minds.

I notice a lot of small schools generally want a core certified coach as well. That weeds out about half the coaches out there many of which are very good applicants.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: brock on July 02, 2015, 03:29:24 pm
Quote from: ballmember on July 02, 2015, 12:37:21 pm

I notice a lot of small schools generally want a core certified coach as well. That weeds out about half the coaches out there many of which are very good applicants.

Small schools can't afford to pay a coach to just be a coach...

TheGovernor

If smaller schools pay was competitive to bigger schools then a lot of coaches would go the smaller route. Usually a better atmosphere, have to share less athletes and don't have to rely on tons of talent to be competitive. Small schools lack the $$ to pay decent coaches to make the switch

Brian G

Money is not always the attraction to coaching at a bigger school.

Also, the ability to pay better is being diminished as time goes on.

Finally, the coaching pay often mirrors the overall teacher pay scale for a district.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on July 02, 2015, 08:01:55 pm

Finally, the coaching pay often mirrors the overall teacher pay scale for a district.

Could it be the prospect of having less Teaching Duties as well?

Brian G

Quote from: HF on July 02, 2015, 09:46:01 pm
Quote from: B.G. on July 02, 2015, 08:01:55 pm

Could it be the prospect of having less Teaching Duties as well?
Might be in some cases.

I wasn't trying to be coy.  My sense is that the ability to pay large salaries is on the decline.

Moonshiner

There are some very good, experienced coaches out there that have passed on the opportunity to move on to the bigger schools for various reasons.  There are some very good basketball minds in Class A and 2A that simply want to avoid football. Sometimes the money isn't worth the headaches.

TheGovernor

Salary scale on decline is a hogwash... Salary scale is based on teacher pay true. But most schools teacher pay has to do with enrollment thus larger school. I would have to agree that avoiding football is a big plus for staying small. Football is a money pit for most districts

Brian G

July 03, 2015, 07:40:37 am #287 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:45:05 am by B.G.
Quote from: Moonshiner on July 02, 2015, 11:12:43 pm
There are some very good, experienced coaches out there that have passed on the opportunity to move on to the bigger schools for various reasons.  There are some very good basketball minds in Class A and 2A that simply want to avoid football. Sometimes the money isn't worth the headaches.
I'm not selling the virtues as a end all be all for coaching careers.

I'm well aware and agree there are some who prefer smaller environments and still are good coaches. I'm just saying there are many reason some want the bigger stage.

Some seek and want that kind of "advancement".

But lets me honest, some of those smaller schools are 'starter' jobs.

Brian G

Quote from: TheGovernor on July 02, 2015, 11:34:57 pm
Salary scale on decline is a hogwash...

Didn't say it was.

I'm saying the inventing of way to pay is on the decline.  Scale is scale.  But the extra duties, FTE's and more have been refined a bit in districts that would previously pay more.

TheGovernor

Regardless coaches/teachers probably don't get paid enough to put up with the Bologna parents and students give them these days.

Rulesman

Quote from: TheGovernor on July 03, 2015, 08:11:54 am
Regardless coaches/teachers probably don't get paid enough to put up with the Bologna parents and students give them these days.
Neither do the officials.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Rulesman on July 03, 2015, 08:16:01 am

We've had this discussion before, but in my opinion officials are making pretty good money these days.  A far bit more than they made 20 years ago.  I do see what you're saying though.  Fans can be very stupid and make things personal. I wish some people could see video of the way they act at games.  Emphasis on the word game.

Brian G

I don't get paid enough at my job either. 

Rulesman

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 03, 2015, 08:42:53 am

We've had this discussion before, but in my opinion officials are making pretty good money these days.
Did it for over 40 years...
Consider a game today with a 7:00 kickoff (basketball really isn't much different).
Drive an hour or more in many cases with gas at $2.50-$2.75 a gallon. Forget the wear and tear on the car.
Be there an hour and a half before kickoff; 2 hours in some cases.
Work a 3 hour game.
Take 30 minutes to shower (if you can get one) and change clothes.
Drive an hour or more back home after sucking down a Big Mac.
Get to bed somewhere around midnight, if you are lucky.

All for anywhere between $80 and $95 bucks ($25-$30 way back when).

No complaining, but it isn't as glamorous as you think. Do the math.
But you know something? We did it because we loved it. If you broke even at the end of the season it was a great year! Hardly a profit center.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Rulesman on July 03, 2015, 01:56:47 pm

We've had this discussion before, but in my opinion officials are making pretty good money these days.
Consider a game today with a 7:00 kickoff (basketball really isn't much different).
Drive an hour or more in many cases with gas at $2.50-$2.75 a gallon. Forget the wear and tear on the car.
Work a 3 hour game.

But you know something? We did it because we loved it. If you broke even at the end of the season it was a great year! Hardly a profit center.

In the basketball world these guys get to the arena about 30 minutes before the first tip.  So if it's a three game night they will get there at 5:00 and leave as soon as the games are over at around 9:30.  They are fed at the game.  Some places do better than others at feeding the officials but the average guy will eat a cheeseburger and candy bar and usually have a couple of bottles of soda or Gatorade.  That's about $6 worth of food they don't have to pay for. 
Each man will make $120 per night in our area.  So for a 4 and 1/2 hour night that's about $26 per hour.  Pretty good supplemental income in this day and age considering that back in about 1993 they were making around $50 a night per man.  An official that works only 2 nights per week can make over $4,000 but most will work three nights and make over $6000 unless my figures are wrong. 
Now.....the ones that do it for the money ruin it for the guys that do it for the kids and/or the love of the game.  But in my opinion, they are paid quite handsomely.   But yet they want more, and that money has to come from somewhere.

TheGovernor

July 03, 2015, 06:51:32 pm #295 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:59:02 pm by TheGovernor
Make another thread for that stuff this is about coaching jobs not official jobs.. Anyone can be an official

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 03, 2015, 05:34:54 pm

Work a 3 hour game.

In the basketball world these guys get to the arena about 30 minutes before the first tip.  So if it's a three game night they will get there at 5:00 and leave as soon as the games are over at around 9:30.  They are fed at the game.  Some places do better than others at feeding the officials but the average guy will eat a cheeseburger and candy bar and usually have a couple of bottles of soda or Gatorade.  That's about $6 worth of food they don't have to pay for. 
Each man will make $120 per night in our area.  So for a 4 and 1/2 hour night that's about $26 per hour.  Pretty good supplemental income in this day and age considering that back in about 1993 they were making around $50 a night per man.  An official that works only 2 nights per week can make over $4,000 but most will work three nights and make over $6000 unless my figures are wrong. 
Now.....the ones that do it for the money ruin it for the guys that do it for the kids and/or the love of the game.  But in my opinion, they are paid quite handsomely.   But yet they want more, and that money has to come from somewhere.

$120 per night minus 30 bucks for gas...90 Bucks. Probably ate out on the way there, so 70 bucks. Sooo....Is 70 bucks a night really worth being heckled at by the idiots in the stands?

XFalkonz

Quote from: HF on July 03, 2015, 07:26:37 pm

Work a 3 hour game.

$120 per night minus 30 bucks for gas...90 Bucks. Probably ate out on the way there, so 70 bucks. Sooo....Is 70 bucks a night really worth being heckled at by the idiots in the stands?
coaches do it for less...and we get heckled by our own

brock

Coaching jobs open? This topic has derailed.

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on July 03, 2015, 07:26:37 pm

Work a 3 hour game.

Last comment from me on the off topic topic, but I make my own lunch when I go to work and pay the gas to get there just like every other person.  They still make $120 per night.  It's their choice if they go to Sonic. No wonder most of them are so heavy if they are eating on their way to the game and at the game. We've added a third official so they don't have to work as hard as they did with 2 man crews.  I'm just saying people yell at referees.  It's probably never enough money to get publicly humiliated by another adult, but it's still a good lump of change.  The good ones are worth every penny.  The sad reality is that the bad ones make the same pay.
That's all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas