• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope Head Coach

Started by RabidWolf, April 18, 2018, 12:23:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Any Given Friday

I could see Van Pascal being interviewed if that is true. But an OC at a school who always under achieves, and a Head coach from a small school with arguably one of the best athletes in the state?

GotInfo?

Why would VP interview for this job and leave Wynne???

footballfan-tastic

Paschal would be crazy to move from Wynne to Hope.  For the other two mentioned that's a move up the food chain even though it looks like a tough situation right now.

dougmeans

I hear Paschal has withdrawn his name and another name maybe in: it is unclear if King is interviewing or if its a guy named Sanders, that i know nothing about. But Turner is still in it

scrapdig

Paschal LOL. That guy gets around

scrapdig

Quote from: youhavenoidea on May 04, 2018, 08:47:05 am
OC at Ashdown I believe
LOL had 3 D1 players and was still inept at times. 

Pat Swilling

Wonder how spring ball is going?

Rida4Life

word on the street is that it was offered to King....

mhfcharlesi

Nothing against King but out of 12 apps only 2 got a shot at interview..I know one that should've gotten a shot but that's the system and how it works in Arkansas.

dougmeans

Pat Swilling

Is this a fact?  I thought King was a done deal?

dougmeans

I guess we will see as soon as there is a school board meeting, if it's fact or not.

scrapdig

Can't believe there is anyone out there that would want this job.

dougmeans

Y not? Pay is super good and the athletes will cycle back for someone who works hard

GettingStarted

There is always somebody who will accept a job.  Pathway to moving up the coaching ladder.   If coach King did turn the job down I'm sure he had a good reason.

Rida4Life

Quote from: GettingStarted on May 08, 2018, 09:52:53 am
There is always somebody who will accept a job.  Pathway to moving up the coaching ladder.   If coach King did turn the job down I'm sure he had a good reason.
He has the majority of his state title team back at Foreman next year.... that would be hard to walk away from.

purpleswag

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 08, 2018, 10:55:48 am
He has the majority of his state title team back at Foreman next year.... that would be hard to walk away from.

Does he still have the reason they won the state title or was he a senior?

WorkOrder

Quote from: purpleswag on May 08, 2018, 11:09:29 am
Does he still have the reason they won the state title or was he a senior?

Still has him

WorkOrder

Turner is your new HEAD BOBCAT

scrapdig

Quote from: dougmeans on May 08, 2018, 08:58:02 am
Y not? Pay is super good and the athletes will cycle back for someone who works hard
Guess you haven't been to Hope schools lately or their games

scrapdig

Quote from: WorkOrder on May 08, 2018, 11:29:34 am
Turner is your new HEAD BOBCAT
Who is Turner?  Good luck sir

AHS06

Congrats Coach Turner!

Hoghead2

Quote from: scrapdig on May 08, 2018, 02:42:22 pm
Who is Turner?  Good luck sir
Ashdown OC, he has Hope connections.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 09, 2018, 04:24:16 pm
Ashdown OC, he has Hope connections.
Good Luck, Hoghead!   

scrapdig

It will be a miracle if they win a game.  Good luck

Hogman2018

Quote from: scrapdig on May 10, 2018, 09:38:46 am
why dont you go crawl back in your basement! Im not even fom Hope but you are so NEGATIVE leave them alone not everyone can live in the greatest city of Nashville!

scrapdig

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 10, 2018, 10:19:24 am
why dont you go crawl back in your basement! Im not even fom Hope but you are so NEGATIVE leave them alone not everyone can live in the greatest city of Nashville!
Ha thankfully I don't live there.  I've just never seen anything like I'm seeing in Hope right now.  Worst decline I've seen from a school in the last 2 years.  Sorry call it like I see it

PapaHog

May 10, 2018, 04:47:46 pm #77 Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:45:57 am by PapaHog
He's not wrong though. This conference is pretty bad though, so maybe they can sneak one in.

Hoghead2

Quote from: scrapdig on May 10, 2018, 09:38:46 am
Dude, you're throwing a lot of shade on Hope. Worst Job in the State, Hire the Pee Wee coach, It'll take a miracle for Hope to win a game. I see the Nashville point of view you're pushing and accept it. It's your opinion. I say we meet at the Nashville vs Hope game under the South End Zone scoreboard in September. Good luck to the Scappers.

Hoghead2

Quote from: scrapdig on May 10, 2018, 12:27:09 pm
Ha thankfully I don't live there.  I've just never seen anything like I'm seeing in Hope right now.  Worst decline I've seen from a school in the last 2 years.  Sorry call it like I see it
So it's evident you haven't seen or heard of Paragould, Green County Tech, Sheridan or Waldron ?  Yes Hope has hit a tough patch on a 21 game losing streak. But Waldron lost 40 straight between 2011 and 2015. We won't bring up Paragould and Greene County Tech 0-10ing and 1-9ing it away for decades in the same city. Sheridan is the same way. So Hope isn't this wasteland of talent. Dare I say how the old North Pulaski Falcons used to hit the 0-10 lottery every year. The Bobcats will be back

scrapdig

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 11, 2018, 08:14:52 am
So it's evident you haven't seen or heard of Paragould, Green County Tech, Sheridan or Waldron ?  Yes Hope has hit a tough patch on a 21 game losing streak. But Waldron lost 40 straight between 2011 and 2015. We won't bring up Paragould and Greene County Tech 0-10ing and 1-9ing it away for decades in the same city. Sheridan is the same way. So Hope isn't this wasteland of talent. Dare I say how the old North Pulaski Falcons used to hit the 0-10 lottery every year. The Bobcats will be back
Not even talking about the losing streak.  It's the entire schools culture.  Girls athletics are the worst I've evever seen it there as well as the boys.  You are gonna have to hire a couple of HOPE guys who have pride in the school if anything is ever gonna change. 

Hoghead2

May 11, 2018, 01:35:58 pm #81 Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:39:53 pm by Hoghead2
Scrapdig, you're behind.  There's Hope Alumni on the staff. The new Head Coach is a former Bobcat. Continue to throw your Scrapper shade.  Hey did you find out who those 8 players from Hope  were who played for Lafayette County ? Or is that a alternative fact ?

Iknewthemwhen

Oh, but you got to het former players to straighten a program out.

scrapdig

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 11, 2018, 01:35:58 pm
Scrapdig, you're behind.  There's Hope Alumni on the staff. The new Head Coach is a former Bobcat. Continue to throw your Scrapper shade.  Hey did you find out who those 8 players from Hope  were who played for Lafayette County ? Or is that a alternative fact ?
No clue what you are talking about

scrapdig

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on May 11, 2018, 03:16:53 pm
Oh, but you got to het former players to straighten a program out.
Sorry but odds are nobody anygood is gonna go coach Hope so you better get someone from Hope. 

Hoghead2

Quote from: scrapdig on May 11, 2018, 04:38:48 pm
Sorry but odds are nobody anygood is gonna go coach Hope so you better get so
meone from Hope.
You have a good day  and keep your fridge fresh  with that trashy hateraid

eyeproblem

A really good hire. Coach Turner can turn things right given time. Go Cats, Go.

tmycjy

what is his offense and defense formation

scrapdig

Quote from: tmycjy on May 13, 2018, 08:14:21 pm
what is his offense and defense formation
No coach should come in without seeing the team and say what offense or defense he is gonna run.  A good coach will adapt his offense/defense to his players and not adapt his players to his offense/defense. 

footballfan-tastic

A good coach can take whatever O/D he is knowledgable in and tweak that defense to fit his kids.  Changing O/D year in and out to adapt to the kids is a bad plan. Kids need consistency in the scheme and from the coaches. 

Pat Swilling

Coach Turner must make fixing the JH a top priority.

scrapdig

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on May 14, 2018, 06:37:39 pm
A good coach can take whatever O/D he is knowledgable in and tweak that defense to fit his kids.  Changing O/D year in and out to adapt to the kids is a bad plan. Kids need consistency in the scheme and from the coaches.
So if you have Ryan Mallett in HS and Matt Jones is JH you are gonna keep a similar offense?

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: scrapdig on May 15, 2018, 01:01:00 pm
So if you have Ryan Mallett in HS and Matt Jones is JH you are gonna keep a similar offense?

Probably not. Jones is ineligible.

footballfan-tastic

Yeah I think a good coach can keep many of the same aspects of an offense or defense and tweak it to fit his kids, he doesn't have to run a completely different system.  Obviously different coaches are going to run different systems and use kids differently.  My point is that most offenses are adaptable to some degree to accommadate  players.  A good example is teams that loose a star QB or RB mid season cannot typically scrap an offense and start all over, instead they tweak it to the strenghts of their players.  More or less passing/running according to the qB skills, Jones a great runner a ok passer, Mallet not real mobile but a very good arm.  If they would have played in the same systems under the same coaches I'm sure there would have been similar aspects and alot of play calling that allowed more playaction run opportunities for one and more in the pocket for the other.  You don't have to scrap the whole scheme.  In high school, since you don't get to recruit according to scheme a coach needs a system he can tweak from year to year and perhaps in the middle of a season because of an injury, you cannot have offense of the week or season and keep your kids consistent. IMO.

Hoghead2

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on May 14, 2018, 06:37:39 pm

True,  a coach tweaking his O/D to fit his kids is paramount. Unfortunately sometimes the X's and O's doesn't  match up with his Johnny and Joe's.  Ask GCT, Paragould or Van Buren.

DQLeopard

May 16, 2018, 02:42:46 pm #95 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:44:33 pm by DQLeopard
Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 16, 2018, 11:56:39 am
True,  a coach tweaking his O/D to fit his kids is paramount. Unfortunately sometimes the X's and O's doesn't  match up with his Johnny and Joe's.  Ask GCT, Paragould or Van Buren.
Very true 

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 16, 2018, 11:56:39 am

This is why you should become knowledgable in a system that is very adaptable to a variety of talent level.  You cannot change offense every year to fit  talent, you can tweak it to make it the best it can be with the talent you have.  Imagine if you have a great QB and you go spread, kid moves the next year and you don't have a decent throwing qb, so you go I and run lots of power game.  Next year that kid graduates and you get a move in that shows tremendous potential to develop into a multi-skilled QB. So year one you stick with the I, year two you go to the spread, year three you add in a lot of QB run, pass options and RPO type plays.  Next year you are again without a qB because of graduation and you didn't have any skilled kids to train so you are back to the I or maybe dead T.  What a mess.   Take what you know and tweak the heck out of it, if you have a balanced approach you can do this.

FootballFever

Look at all the successful teams year in & year out, they don't change their offense & defense.  You get good at what you know & you teach it to your kids from 7th grade on.  You can tweak it a little bit but those who change their systems to fit athletes every couple of years usually don't have much success.  Stick with with what you know & get great at it.  That's how you win!!!

DQLeopard

Quote from: FootballFever on May 17, 2018, 10:11:23 am
Look at all the successful teams year in & year out, they don't change their offense & defense.  You get good at what you know & you teach it to your kids from 7th grade on.  You can tweak it a little bit but those who change their systems to fit athletes every couple of years usually don't have much success.  Stick with with what you know & get great at it.  That's how you win!!!
So if you run the wishbone and you have a pro style QB you still gonna run the Bone?  That's lazy coaching.  You adapt your scheme to fit your players in High School since you can't recruit players to your style. 

JessieP

Quote from: DQLeopard on May 17, 2018, 11:56:58 am
So if you run the wishbone and you have a pro style QB you still gonna run the Bone?  That's lazy coaching.  You adapt your scheme to fit your players in High School since you can't recruit players to your style.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. You would do that if your ONLY interest was serving the QB (likely your son), you set up a system and train your players to execute that system. If you change everything to suit one player and said player tears an acl week 2 your season is over. If you run your system and have indoctrinated your players, if your qb goes down you point to the next one on the bench and keep playing. A coaches job is to run the system he knows best. You NEVER change it up to suit one player, that is guaranteed failure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas