• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking the boys teams of the 1A-3

Started by Maynard Man, October 24, 2018, 12:29:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard Man

Rank the boys teams of the 1A 3. It's tough I know because it is a very down year for boys of the 1A 3.

Boys
1. Hillcrest
2. CRA
3. Maynard
(tie) Mammoth Spring
5. Armorel
6. Ridgefield Christian
7. KIPP

thebigman3

Quote from: Maynard Man on October 24, 2018, 12:29:39 pm
Rank the boys teams of the 1A 3. It's tough I know because it is a very down year for boys of the 1A 3.

Boys
1. Hillcrest
2. CRA
3. Maynard
(tie) Mammoth Spring
5. Armorel
6. Ridgefield Christian
7. KIPP
A little early to be putting top 10 down for now, but Armorel is that down this year?

NativeTexan

Quote from: Maynard Man on October 24, 2018, 12:29:39 pm

Boys
1. Hillcrest
2. CRA
3. Maynard
(tie) Mammoth Spring
5. Armorel
6. Ridgefield Christian
7. KIPP

1. Hillcrest
2. Armorel
3. Ridgefield
4. Mammoth
5. Maynard
6. CRA
7. KIPP

I think this could be the year Hillcrest goes far!

Missco

October 27, 2018, 12:02:43 am #3 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:06:26 am by Missco
Armorel is terrible.They will have trouble beating  KIPP.

NativeTexan

Quote from: Missco on October 27, 2018, 12:02:43 am
Armorel is terrible.They will have trouble beating  KIPP.

I had no idea. I haven't seen them so far. I guess I'll need to revise my chart. I saw in the paper this morning that Armorel had a tough loss last night.

baller334

Armorel is HORRIBLE!!! Hillcrest should run away with this conference.

Wolves1993

Watch out for this Ridgefield bunch to make some noise in this new conference set up this year. Should be ahead of Armorel for sure.

Maynard Man

I am changing my list after last week's games

Boys
1. Hillcrest
2. CRA
3. Ridgefield Christian
4. Maynard
(tie) Mammoth Spring
6. Armorel
7. KIPP

NativeTexan

Hillcrest looking strong except for that loss to Walnut Ridge. We should have a fairly easy week against Armorel, Kipp, and CRA. Next good game should be when we play Sloan again.

1.Hillcrest
2. Ridgefield
3. Mammoth
4. CRA
5. Maynard
6. Armorel
7. Kipp

Maynard Man

1. Hillcrest
2. Ridgefield
3. CRA
4. Mammoth
5. Maynard
6. Armorel
7. Kipp

Missco

Kipp beat Armorel tonight. Armorel probably won't win a game all year.

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

The rematch of Hillcrest and Ridgefield should be interesting. Also, how did Mammoth beat Calico. Did anyone see that game?

Maynard Man

Latest guess on 1A-3

Boys
1. Hillcrest
2. Ridgefield
3. Mammoth
4. CRA
5.Maynard
6. KIPP Delta
7. Armorel

RedWolf275

This looks close to me. Ridgefield is scrappy and have played a decent non conference schedule.

hogheaven11

Big game tomorrow Hillcrest (7-0) @ MS (5-0)

hogheaven11

Mammoth over Hillcrest by 2 in OT at the buzzer

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Quote from: hogheaven11 on January 08, 2019, 10:20:26 pm
Mammoth over Hillcrest by 2 in OT at the buzzer
:o that shakes things up a bit

hogheaven11

January 10, 2019, 09:57:35 pm #17 Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:37:13 pm by hogheaven11
Well mammoth loses to CRA. Top 3 teams al tied at 1 loss

Maynard Man

There is not much separation between top 4 teams in conference.  District Tournament I think is at Armorel.  It will be interesting.

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

The 1A-2 District is obviously dang good so these top 4 teams will definitely be battling come district. Obviously, nobody wants to play ICC at Region. Also, sure the teams would rather stay away from Calico Rock and Western Grove if possible. The 1 seed team from the 1A-3 will likely get a team like Omaha, Viola, or Norfork. Should be a fun tournament.

Maynard Man

After tonight's beat down of Hillcrest by Ridgefield Christian

1. Ridgefield Christian
2. Hillcrest
3. Mammoth Spring
4. CRA
5. Maynard
6. KIPP
7. Armorel

NativeTexan

Quote from: Maynard Man on January 15, 2019, 10:58:55 pm
After tonight's beat down of Hillcrest by Ridgefield Christian

1. Ridgefield Christian
2. Hillcrest
3. Mammoth Spring
4. CRA
5. Maynard
6. KIPP
7. Armorel

very disappointing - Hillcrest is much better than they played that night.  I look forward to the district tournament.

waterboyh20

These teams seem really evenly matched. Gonna be a good district tournament.

BadBadger30

Mammoth @ Ridgefield tonight...big game with conference implications. Predictions?

NewToTheLake

Maynard Man

Maynard Man

1A-3 Boys Update
1. Ridgefield Christian
2. Hillcrest
3. CRA
4. Mammoth
5. Maynard
6. KIPP
7. Armorel

Mustang_4

Gonna be an interesting district! The fight to stay away  from ICC

yesteryearman

February 01, 2019, 01:45:52 pm #28 Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:47:48 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: Mustang_4 on February 01, 2019, 09:16:37 am
Gonna be an interesting district! The fight to stay away  from ICC

ICC will probably walk thru all of their tournament games....there is, however,  a slim chance they will get tested.....as Dermott and/or Nevada and/or Kirby will be on their side of the bracket.....still very doubtful anyone will give them a run for it at home.....Hot Springs might be a little different.......

D6Bound

February 01, 2019, 01:55:34 pm #29 Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:57:48 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 01, 2019, 01:45:52 pm
ICC will probably walk thru all of their tournament games....there is, however,  a slim chance they will get tested.....as Dermott and/or Nevada and/or Kirby will be on their side of the bracket.....still very doubtful anyone will give them a run for it at home.....Hot Springs might be a little different.......
They played the best first half of their entire season last year at Hot Springs and didn't play much worse in the second half, Guy Perkins was just the better team that night. I wouldn't bet on them not showing up if they get to Hot Springs this year.

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 01, 2019, 01:55:34 pm
They played the best first half of their entire season last year at Hot Springs and didn't play much worse in the second half, Guy Perkins was just the better team that night. I wouldn't bet on them not showing up if they get to Hot Springs this year.

From what I hear and read, if ICC doesn't get to Hot Springs it will be one of the biggest upsets in the last 25yrs .....I don't know of any team being a more prohibitive favorite than ICC is this year....only other ones that come to mind would be Bay, with Coltan Watson, several years ago......going a little farther back, maybe Fayetteville Christian with all of the "transfers"  was also a pretty sure bet.......

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 01, 2019, 02:14:17 pm
From what I hear and read, if ICC doesn't get to Hot Springs it will be one of the biggest upsets in the last 25yrs .....I don't know of any team being a more prohibitive favorite than ICC is this year....only other ones that come to mind would be Bay, with Coltan Watson, several years ago......going a little farther back, maybe Fayetteville Christian with all of the "transfers"  was also a pretty sure bet.......
Fayetteville Christian comes to mind as the biggest favorites to ever win a state title for 1A. I believe it was 2007, they had 3 guys from the Bahamas (One of those athletes may have ended up going to the G-League) and one 7 foot tall Russian. But man that team was something to see.

hogheaven11

Mammoth Spring defeats Ridgefield to end their 14 game win streak.
Going to interesting next week.

Maynard Man

1A-3 Boys Update
1. Ridgefield Christian
2. Hillcrest
3. CRA
4. Maynard
5. Mammoth Spring
6. KIPP
7. Armorel

Maynard upsets Mammoth, qualifies for regional, and ends the Bears' season.

hogheaven11

February 11, 2019, 08:07:23 pm #34 Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:09:20 pm by hogheaven11
Congrats to the Tigers

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

wow. did not see that coming. congrats to Maynard on qualifying for regionals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas