• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations 4A Boys Champions Green Forest Tigers! Def CAC 4-1

Started by Go Postal, May 20, 2014, 08:59:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

This is the first time that Green Forest has been to the Championship Final.  So they can possibility get their first 4A Championship trophy or a least the State Runner-up.  Congratulations to our local brethren on your hard work to get this far!

CAC has been here before in the 5A and 4A.  They have one State Championship and one State Runner-up in the 4A, plus two State Runner-ups in the 5A.

Comments and insights are welcomed.

Leon

Congratulations to Green Forrest. CAC has very fast, strong, and tall players, keep the ball in the ground like Green Forrest usually does. Make sure your defense is well organized and ready for counter attacks. There are two players, I believe one of them has kit number 8. He is fast and plays left side. He usually pulls your defense out from the left side and quickly cuts the opposite direction to take a shot. He scored two goals like that against Danville. Good luck to both teams!

VHSCoach2

Final: Green Forest 4 (2', 32', 38', 67'), CAC 1 (24').

Thoughts and prayers go to CAC's number 10, who took a nasty collision with 2:38 left. He got up and walked to the gurney. He was transported to the hospital.

Green Forest's player only received a yellow for the incident, but they voluntarily played a man down.

mijally

I want to thank you all for providing the score updates today and yesterday. I greatly appreciate it.

The Coach

Green Forest is proof that when you get rid of a coach that doesn't care or make the kids work hard and replace him with one that does you get great results!!! Coach James doesn't know a lot about soccer but he made the kids work and showed them he cared and sometimes that's all it takes. Congrats Tigers!!

mijally

What's impressive is they were down 2-0 late to Episcopal in the first round. I thought their fitness played a big part in that win. They were still flying around late in the game. I think fitness hurt some other teams.

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas