• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR vs JBoro anybody have update.

Started by Cabotred, February 14, 2014, 09:32:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

ricepig

64-62, Jonesboro. Jonesboro led 50-35 after 3, but NLR stormed back to take a lead, but Jonesboro closed it out at the FT to take a 64-60 lead and they say the last tip counted, looked way late but it didn't matter. Jonesboro out scored NLR 26 -13 in the third qrt, but NLR's full court press got some steals and TO's. Great atmosphere as it was SRO at the gym tonight.

ricepig

urban legend2

I had a feeling JB would get this one. Saw them play Central Tuesday and they are getting contributions from other guys, which makes them doubly tough to beat especially with state being in their home gym. Gonna be interesting to see how the brackets unfold once the regular season ends.

ricepig

Yeah, Jonesboro played well for most of the game, they were bombing it in the third qt, but NLR made a great run the the 4th to actually take the lead. Swift is getting production from kids who didn't even dress out for the varsity last year, great coaching job. Pointer was rusty as this was his first action in three weeks, but he scored 9 and had a lot of rebounds.

I agree on the seeding from the East will be interesting, someone is going to have it easier than the two who don't finish first.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2014, 09:39:57 pm
64-62, Jonesboro. Jonesboro led 50-35 after 3, but NLR stormed back to take a lead, but Jonesboro closed it out at the FT to take a 64-60 lead and they say the last tip counted, looked way late but it didn't matter. Jonesboro out scored NLR 26 -13 in the third qrt, but NLR's full court press got some steals and TO's. Great atmosphere as it was SRO at the gym tonight.

Not surprised at all.  These kinds of games are good for us though. There are a lot of positives in coming back from a big deficit on the road. 

Good job Hurricanes!

ricepig

Quote from: mack on February 15, 2014, 08:37:56 am

Not surprised at all.  These kinds of games are good for us though. There are a lot of positives in coming back from a big deficit on the road. 

Good job Hurricanes!

NLR jumped out early to lead 12-2, and I thought, uh oh, sellout crowd and we're going to get the clock run on us. It appeared in the 4th at that the old adage of teams that press don't like to be pressed. It reminded me of my old days when they'd throw it in to me and everyone would run down court with their back to me. I knew NLR would make a run and they did, just probably forced it a little to quick at the end and came up short.

NLR had a good crowd here and it made for a great high school game and atmosphere.

AT

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2014, 09:27:55 am
Quote from: mack on February 15, 2014, 08:37:56 am

Good job Hurricanes!

NLR jumped out early to lead 12-2, and I thought, uh oh, sellout crowd and we're going to get the clock run on us. It appeared in the 4th at that the old adage of teams that press don't like to be pressed. It reminded me of my old days when they'd throw it in to me and everyone would run down court with their back to me. I knew NLR would make a run and they did, just probably forced it a little to quick at the end and came up short.

NLR had a good crowd here and it made for a great high school game and atmosphere.

It's games like this where I think it would be awesome if 7A/6A were combined for all sports except football.

Even with Alma going up to 6A next year, I'd like to see it.

Can you imagine Jonesboro-NLR-LR Parkview-Springdale-Bentonville all fighting for a title this year?

On the girls side you'd have Northside-Greenwood-Southside-Hall-Conway etc.

neds

Cabotred

I guess the old saying "it is hard to beat a good team three times in a season" hold true.  Coach Swift has some good talent and I am sure he and the team learned some things from the two earlier losses.

Glad Pointer's injury was not serious, but I was kind of hoping he would return after we played them the second time. 

ricepig

Yeah, they just shot lights out in the Rumble and it wasn't a game, these last two were just good high school games, anyone could win. As far as Pointer, it was good to get him back and in rhythm several games before the tournament.

A-Good-One

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 15, 2014, 11:10:01 am

It's games like this where I think it would be awesome if 7A/6A were combined for all sports except football.

Can you imagine Jonesboro-NLR-LR Parkview-Springdale-Bentonville all fighting for a title this year?

Ouch. No love for Northside boys.

AT

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 15, 2014, 11:05:01 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on February 15, 2014, 11:10:01 am

Ouch. No love for Northside boys.

Oops, they just slipped my mind, but obviously them too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas