• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malik was "In the Zone" last night

Started by Razorback Red, January 25, 2014, 10:10:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

January 25, 2014, 10:10:51 am Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:12:55 am by Razorback Red
Malik has been clutch all season, but I had been waiting to see him have a great shooting night.  Well, we got it last night.  In 3 Q's, he scored 43 points.  He was 11 of 14 shooting 3's, and if memory serves me well, 4-4 from the field and 2-2 from the FT line.  It was fun to watch.

Marcus was in the crowd, along with a couple of current Hogs.  They were across the court from me, but it looked like Rashaad and Jacori.  I saw several kids go over and get pics with them.  Very cool.

OPoraquê

Sorry I didn't see your post, Razorback Red.  I'd said in another that I remember when the college where my wife graduated from in Missouri signed a guard from Fayetteville who at the time held the FHS single-game scoring record: 43 points vs. a team from Oklahoma Fay had played in a tournament.

That was really before the 3 point shot.  Now MM gets 43 as a sophomore.  These next two and one half years could be quite fascinating indeed off of "J" Street.

Razorback Red

It will indeed be fun to watch.  MM might be a top 10 prospect in 2 years, and KF might be a 1st or 2nd rd MLB draft pick.

Go Tigers!

bdubyab60

He is already top 10 prospect. He is the real deal and Ive been saying it all along since Junior high.

Spaulding

Quote from: Razorback Red on January 25, 2014, 10:26:42 am
It will indeed be fun to watch.  MM might be a top 10 prospect in 2 years, and KF might be a 1st or 2nd rd MLB draft pick.

Go Tigers!
I am a huge KF fan.  I think mentally is has it all.  I just don't see it in baseball.  Granted, he's only a sophomore, but, he worked primarily in the low 80's last year.  I just don't see how a right handed pitcher with that velocity is going that high.  On the other hand, his upside in football is really, really high.....

Spaulding

And also, Malik is so good.  Anyone in the area needs to see this kid play before it's too late.  I'm getting old, but, I saw Corliss quite a bit as a senior and while he was physically superior than those he played against I don't think he could take over like Malik can.  For you real old guys, remember Willie Cutts?  Add leaping ability, which MM has in spades, and I think that is a decent comparison (without the other baggage that Willie had).

OPoraquê

Bennie beats SHS tonight on a 30 foot MM jumper at the buzzer (right after it looked like Springdale had won it), 57-56.

Unbelievable.  BTW, ESPN just moved up earlier MM to the #7 recruit for the class of 2016.  He might get another slot up on that one.  27 pts for MM.

ZoneBuster

Spaulding

Best decision I have made in a while- left Hog game at half to watch B'ville v Springdale.  S'dale is the better team and MM was not really on- and refs were not consistent(shocker). B'ville had 4 sophomores out there at times I believe.

I'm not good at the twitters/Instagram, etc, but the last shot was pretty fortunate. Someone needs to find the dunk and an 1- it was pretty sweet.

The legend grows.

OPoraquê

January 28, 2014, 10:31:57 pm #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:15:46 am by OPoraquê
Incredible game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas