• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northside vs. Greenwood Girls

Started by SNWA, January 20, 2014, 02:04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

I reported the score to maxpreps on Friday night and they have not posted it yet.

7AFBFAN

February 17, 2014, 02:37:34 pm #51 Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:42:40 pm by 7AFBFAN

DogsWin7

Nice edit. 

Anyone can also go to the greenwooddogpound.com and look up scores or listen to TT broadcast it. 

SNWA

The Times Record does not put anything about road games in the paper for GW, SS, or NS. Have not heard anything about the NS loss Friday either huh?

Baitshop

Quote from: SNWA on February 17, 2014, 12:29:23 pm
Should be a great game. Don't know what will happen on any night in this conf. And your right, the GW players and fans thought they got hosed at NS but your wrong in saying coach Reeves whined because he never did. Should be a great atmosphere. Ill take the under on both of your predictions considering that coach Reeves has two t's now in the past 3 years and both were same game. I also think both teams are evenly matched. Another great game at Southside tonight with their make-up game with Hall. SS is playing really well right now.

I wasn't at the first game, so I have no first hand knowledge of what Coach Reeves said, but he must have been whining about something otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the first "T"....[for what it is worth, as I said earlier, one of the NS girls heard the remark that got him the first "T", what got him tossed is the real mystery]...

I will stick by my prediction on the Lady Grizz by 9, but if I am correct on the over/under on the "T's" this thing will be a barn burner....

SNWA...I'm getting the feeling that you have a young one on the team...is she a starter..??

BTW....I am definitely making the trip to the UofG for this one....maybe TT will let me be the color guy on the broadcast....

7AFBFAN

I heard about the Northside loss on here. Good point Diehard. I will probably try to listen in tomorrow night. 

urban legend2

Was at both the Hall-GW games and the GW-Parkview games. Lundon Williams pretty much carried Greenwood on her back in the Hall game, which was back and forth throughout. Very entertaining and I've got to believe that those two will be playing for a state title unless they are on the same side of the bracket.

Baitshop

Quote from: urban legend2 on February 17, 2014, 05:56:23 pm
Was at both the Hall-GW games and the GW-Parkview games. Lundon Williams pretty much carried Greenwood on her back in the Hall game, which was back and forth throughout. Very entertaining and I've got to believe that those two will be playing for a state title unless they are on the same side of the bracket.

While the final score was 5 points (IIRC) tonite, Southside handled the Hall Lady Warriors handily virtually the entire game tonite at Southside.....Hall couldn't solve Drew Jones early and shot the ball poorly all nite....

I was not that impressed with Hall....if GW play relatively well against them it should be a Lady Bulldog win...

SNWA

Yes I Have Two That Play. One Starter And One 1St Or 2nd Off The bench. And Yes Im Still Sorry Fot The Caps . Cant Figure It Out....Haha

urban legend2

Quote from: Baitshop on February 17, 2014, 09:46:21 pm
Quote from: urban legend2 on February 17, 2014, 05:56:23 pm

While the final score was 5 points (IIRC) tonite, Southside handled the Hall Lady Warriors handily virtually the entire game tonite at Southside.....Hall couldn't solve Drew Jones early and shot the ball poorly all nite....

I was not that impressed with Hall....if GW play relatively well against them it should be a Lady Bulldog win...

Hall has been up and down against the better teams all year it seems, mainly because they have no meaningful inside presence. They beat Southside by 30 the first time, with Jones scoring quite a bit inside, but never let the other players get going. They beat Conway once, but has also lost to them three times. They had Northside down late but couldn't close the deal...GW actually played a very good game against Hall, but the difference was that Hall got hot and made one more play than GW did at the end. I think Hall's biggest problem is they don't have a defined leader, unlike GW who has Williams. You could actually throw Henson in there, too. But among the 6A teams, those two appear to be the best of the bunch and as we know, anything is possible on a neutral floor.

businesstron

I was at the Conway/ Northside game and that might've been the worse performance I've seen by the Lady Bears since I started watching them back in 07.    With that said this was the first time i've seen them live this year.   But at one point with 3 or 4 minutes left in the first half the lady Wildcats were up 26-3.   

They got into a 1-3-1 zone and Northside couldn't get anything in the paint.  The only person that was making any of her outside shots consistently was Hansen.  The rest were ice cold.  They did make a run in the 3rd period to get it within 10 but Conway closed the door on them. 

With that said I can't imagine them duplicating that performance.  I think they'll at the very least beat the Bulldogs.   I won't be surprised if they win by a comfortable margin. 

Baitshop

Lady Bulldogs by 2....AND there were only 2 "T's"....great game to watch...

BTW...SNWA...your girls played well...congrats..!

7AFBFAN

DogsWin7

That game went down to the wire!   GW maintained a lead of 2 or 3 points and I was glad to see the Lady Bulldogs win!     TT gets me excited!  :)

SNWA

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 09:21:54 pm
That game went down to the wire!   GW maintained a lead of 2 or 3 points and I was glad to see the Lady Bulldogs win!     TT gets me excited!  :)

Don't feed the man's ego, DiehardFBfan!  He might actually return to FF!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 18, 2014, 09:58:07 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 09:21:54 pm

Don't feed the man's ego, DiehardFBfan!  He might actually return to FF!!

Let's Hope!!    I like his *YAWN next!!  :) 

SNWA

What a battle. Two really good teams did not disappoint last night. What a great conference this is . You had better bring it every night. GW held Hanson to 5 points and NS held GW top two scores to 7 and 6. Great game plan from both. Fully expect both to represent in the state tournaments. Still some great games ahead. NS vs SS next Tues, GW vs Conway next Friday. May come down to final night for championship.

TheMercenary

I have to compliment the Lady Bull Dogs on their demeanor after the win- they acted like they'd been there before.  Shook their opponents hands, patted each other on the back, headed to the locker room. 

Good win for GW.  Lady Bears better right the ship, quick. 

Smithian

Quote from: TheMercenary on February 19, 2014, 09:47:44 am
I have to compliment the Lady Bull Dogs on their demeanor after the win- they acted like they'd been there before.  Shook their opponents hands, patted each other on the back, headed to the locker room. 

Good win for GW.  Lady Bears better right the ship, quick. 
Sounds like 95% of high school girl teams after the game.

If you've seen girls do differently that is the exception, not the rule.

SNWA

I think that is a direct reflection of the great coaches that we have in this area. I have seen teams on the other side of that this year that are not that gracious believe me.

urban legend2

Agree with Smithian here. You generally see that following girls games. Every now and then, you may see something different, but it's pretty rare. I did recall a game where a player was so upset with herself afterwards that she didn't want to shake hands and went straight to the lockerroom. She eventually came back out, apologized to the opposing coach and shook all of her opponents' hands. So it's not just in one area, it's pretty much across the board.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas