• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The West is Theirs to Win

Started by Brian G, January 17, 2014, 10:15:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Springdale is the chalk and the rest is up for grabs.

dispossessed

I've seen them play a few times and I am inclined to agree. Really good play from the 1 and 2 spots and above average from the 3, 4 and 5. Sometimes, those 1 and 2 try to do too much, but overall they're balanced and tough to beat.

Brian G

SD slipped past HB at HB tonight to get to 4-0.

They go to FHS Friday and still have both VB and BHS left to finish the rotation.  The back half will tell the tale.

spurrr

Lots of athleticism on the Springdale team. I didn't see great team play.
Great atmosphere at the HB gym for a change and very pleased to see a team hustle from start to finish.

reggiebushfan

Quote from: B.G. on January 17, 2014, 10:15:12 pm
Springdale is the chalk and the rest is up for grabs.
Tough to say that when there is another undefeated conference team still out there who has a player head and shoulders above everybody else.

After they play Bentonville, we will know more.

Brian G

They're better but they might not win.

businesstron

I don't know....  I still think Bentonville is the best team even though they weren't looking great up until last night.   Their win over FB Bush is more impressive than anyone Springdale has beaten this year.

I've only seen both teams once (Bentonville against FB Bush and Springdale against Northside in the Coca Cola classic) but I walked away from the Bentonville game with the opinion that they can only get better as the season goes on.

Either that game will be a good one next Tuesday. 

OPoraquê

From the "how things change" department: Drury University out of springfield, 33 years ago, signed a guard named Tom Deffebaugh out of Fayetteville who at the time had set the FHS boys' single-game scoring record of 43 points.  (Deffebaugh scored something lke 1,500+ points for that school in his career.)  I know that mark has long since been eclipsed, maybe by several.

Last night as a sophomore Malik Monk scored 43 points against Siloam Springs.  (Remember a few years ago when S S won the Arkansas 5A(?) boys championship?)

Doubt he gets tha much by a long shot vs. SHS.  Hope BHS can put at least a competitive game together against Springdale this week (and Businesstron, still fascinating that Bennie's biggest Texas win has come in basketball - that said, I remember Fayetteville winning the Sandra Meadows Class in Duncanville, TX a few years ago).

OPoraquê

Did that just happen?  Bentonville wins 57-56 on a 30 foot MM jumper at the buzzer?

Oh, my...

businesstron

Quote from: OPoraquê on January 28, 2014, 09:22:15 pm
Did that just happen?  Bentonville wins 57-56 on a 30 foot MM jumper at the buzzer?

Oh, my...

I've been thinking about all the basketball I've seen in person in Arkansas since 2004.  Last night might've been the best one i've seen in that time span.  It's up there with the Jonesboro/Hall finish in last year's state final. 

Springdale controlled  most of the game but they started playing keep away a minute too early.  Sometime i think if you play a game against elite scorer  like Monk you gotta go for the knock out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas