• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sharpshooters in 1A

Started by BasketballNeverStops, November 12, 2015, 10:55:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

After heading over to Memphis to catch the Warriors and Grizzlies game last night, I thought that I would put together a list of some of the best shooters that I've seen in person over my years of watching basketball.

Men
1. Keith "Corncob" Cornett, Concord: My high school coach can still fill it up. Put any Class A coach up against him and be prepared for an embarrassment.
2. Stephen "Hand Down, Man Down" Curry: Nearly impossible to guard, can knock down a 30-35 footer like it's nothing or drive to the rim and finish with a shot banking high off the glass. The best game plan is to not even let him in the arena.
3. Ray "Jesus Shuttlesworth" Allen: NBA all-time leader in three pointers made, very quick release that spelled doom for any defender that played lazy.
4. Jacob "Mama There Goes That Man" Roark, Concord: Arkansas all-time leader in three-pointers made, great work ethic, could go on personal runs that would drown the other team's hopes. Would build a team around him any day of the week.
5. Colton "Shut 'Em Down" Watson: This guy could take over a game. Wasn't afraid to drive in for the finish or take the game winner. 40 point game in the state finals helps as well.

Women
1. All of Nemo's starting five: These girls are deadly and will bury your dreams in just a short amount of time. These girls put the fear in everyone when they busted onto the scene as freshmen and sophomores. 
2. Bailey "Z-Man" Zimmerman, Wonderview:  Her length gives her quite the advantage and like it was mentioned in another thread, she was a once in a decade type player, especially for Class A. Could go for a triple double any given night, and is very consistent from behind the arc.
3. Kennedy "Lights Out" Cooper, ICC: When I first saw this girl in warmups, I immediately found out why she got All-State at 3A Melbourne as a freshman. Easily one of the best forms I've ever seen in girls basketball. What's scary is she was dropping 50 as a sophomore last year and she can only get better. Length is a major factor for her as well.
4. Harding's 2014-15 team: I haven't seen any Division 1 women's team play, but these girls could flat put it in the hole. Could go for 100 on a great night. The Rhodes Rowdies loved this team. 

I know I included NBA players, but can anyone think of any other sharpshooters?

HorseFeathers

Brandon cole....played for hector 00-02...owns the collegiate (not just ncaa) record for 3 pointers made in a career

Catfish

Thanks for leaving me out BasketballNeverStops  ;)

rcswarrior25

Tyler Prichett from Bay. He's been one I THE biggest 3 point threats in 1A and had been since the 9th grade

StateChamps09

... I'm not gonna voice my opinion on that one

Catfish

Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 12, 2015, 09:16:16 pm
... I'm not gonna voice my opinion on that one

Bay fans man.. Bay fans lol everyone is an all star how could you forget?? lol

Silky Johnson

He has 2 state titles so I'm sure he cares if he's on the list. The guy that posted it is from Ridgefield anyway.

Moonshiner

So is this a list of best sharpshooters ever in Class A or just top shooters ever?
Harding isn't class a and neither is Steph Curry.

StateChamps09

My bad, if we're talking about sharp shooters past and present, how could you ever for A.J. "Penny" Foster, or J.r. Tyus from Guy?! Those boys threw up huge numbers in 08-09, J.r. Also got state mvp that year for his shooting in the state tournament.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 13, 2015, 03:02:02 pm
My bad, if we're talking about sharp shooters past and present, how could you ever for A.J. "Penny" Foster, or J.r. Tyus from Guy?! Those boys threw up huge numbers in 08-09, J.r. Also got state mvp that year for his shooting in the state tournament.

Was tyus the guard that woukd throw it up from ten foot beyond the arc?

not so slim shady

Brandon Cole could shoot.....but.....Hector was playing 3A ball. So you would have to also mention Gilbert from Mountain View, as well as others. I have watched Guy Perkins 2 times this year, and as far as they go I think sophomore Trey Minton (not sure on spelling) can really shoot.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: not so slim shady on November 13, 2015, 03:21:06 pm
Brandon Cole could shoot.....but.....Hector was playing 3A ball. So you would have to also mention Gilbert from Mountain View, as well as others. I have watched Guy Perkins 2 times this year, and as far as they go I think sophomore Trey Minton (not sure on spelling) can really shoot.

2a....I mentioned him cause they got all those nba and college mentions...ha

StateChamps09

Quote from: HF on November 13, 2015, 03:09:53 pm

Was tyus the guard that woukd throw it up from ten foot beyond the arc?

That was him, left handed Jump shooter that could pull one from half court? That's him. Haha

Silky Johnson

I thought Tyus got MVP.. Is Wefus Tyus the same guy?

StateChamps09

Yeah I should have specified jr "wefus" tyus

Catfish

Im assuming that you're one of those two guys? lol

rzrbk_32

Blake Hanney from Van-Cove. He graduated in 2009. He set the collegiate record for most consecutive 3's made in competition (13, all divisions) and the All-Time Single Season Scoring Record while at Central Baptist in Conway. He is the Junior Boys Head Coach at Waldron now. I have seen these awards personally hanging in his office. He can still flat stroke it. Everyone have a blessed day.

StateChamps09

Quote from: Catfish on November 16, 2015, 02:21:16 pm

Im assuming that you're one of those two guys? lol

Uh-oh you know what they say about assuming. Nope I'm not one of those guys, I know both of ten very well, and had the privilege of calling them both team mates. That doesn't take away from the talent or skill both assest though..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas