• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 in the state now that the season is started?

Started by StateChamps09, October 30, 2015, 11:32:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StateChamps09

dreamweaver68

What about the girls? Did Wonderview girls get beat by Scranton? I heard that but didn't know for sure?? Nemo has taken out ICC in their first game of the season...what are some other big games that have a bearing on rankings?

Catfish

I think Nemo is about to 3-peat. I really don't know much about the girls this year, but i do know they lost one started from a team that one back to back titles. I just don't know who could stop them. No clue

StateChamps09

Umm as far as the girls, nemo will at least go VERY deep into the tourney, they have a lot of weapons, Maggie mayhem (I believe is how you spell it) d1 talent for sure. Along with a few other, Ali brown is another one to mention, college level player for sure. And another girl who's name has completely slipped my mind, there 3 peat in inevitable

WPWells

Chicky

She does cause Mayhem to the other teams that play Nemo........ ;)

Bigbird2012

I have only seen Emerson, Nevada & Guy play this season but these are my rankings as of now

1.Guy-Perkins
2.Emerson
3.ICC
4.Nevada
5. Shirley

arstatechamp13

We need to do top 3s because below that they're all the same lol

yesteryearman

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 04, 2015, 02:41:24 pm
We need to do top 3s because below that they're all the same lol

So it may be like last year, everybody is playing for second place behind Guy instead of Bay.

StateChamps09

Guy-Perkins, there students, there athletes, and there coach have there eyes on one thing, and that's adding another banner to the gym, and another trophy in that gigantic case. Lol

StateChamps09

Oh and scrape of the zero on the press box and add a 1 to it.

Catfish

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on November 04, 2015, 01:55:10 pm
I have only seen Emerson, Nevada & Guy play this season but these are my rankings as of now

1.Guy-Perkins
2.Emerson
3.ICC
4.Nevada
5. Shirley

I hate Bay as much as the next guy, but they are one of the best teams in the state. Top 3 or 4 for sure.

StateChamps09

Jonnyboy1215

StateChamps09

I've heard trinity Christian is doing great right now. What's there current record?

Jonnyboy1215

November 09, 2015, 11:39:11 am #15 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:27:45 pm by Jonnyboy1215
Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 09, 2015, 11:17:20 am
I've heard trinity Christian is doing great right now. What's there current record?

hillbillyball

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on November 09, 2015, 11:39:11 am
Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 09, 2015, 11:17:20 am

They have only played two games so far, beating oden and umpire, but they are putting up numbers you would expect from Bay or Emerson. They put up 96 on umpire last week. They will definitely be a contender year. They have an insane hunger for a state title since it will be the first in school history. There aren't many players who can handle them in the paint and their guards can hit shots from anywhere on the court. Many of their returning players have taken their game to another level to make them extremely deep all around

Yeah and Oden and Umpire are better this year so impressive wins.

HorseFeathers

Running up the score on oden and umpire = unstoppable.....

StateChamps09

That's what I was going to ask, often and umpire, they can't be to strong this year. Lol well see though I guess if you think there number one I'll have to go check them out and see if I agree. 2-0, versus 7-0 (who's on top off most people's top) tells me we have significant reason to think they may be a good two, if there as good as you think.

StateChamps09

Just because other teams have respect to not run up a score, and others do doesn't make TC the best in the state... That's a bad variable, that tells me the coach doesn't think they'll win to much, and isnt worried about all district all region and all state votes for his athletes. But he could just be a very unethical coach, it's got to be one of the two. Correct?

sixthman

Umpire has improved this year. They are not going to light the world up but expect them to be somewhere around .500. As far at the game against Trinity. Trinity was going to win anyway, but Umpire was much closer until their leading scorer got hurt in the second quarter. At that time he had put up 18 on Trinity's big man. After he went out it got ugly fast.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sixthman on November 09, 2015, 06:58:35 pm
Umpire has improved this year. They are not going to light the world up but expect them to be somewhere around .500. As far at the game against Trinity. Trinity was going to win anyway, but Umpire was much closer until their leading scorer got hurt in the second quarter. At that time he had put up 18 on Trinity's big man. After he went out it got ugly fast.

Didn't umpire start a bunch of sophomores a couple years ago? I remember getting updates from a kid on that team for the standings thread I used to do...

sixthman

They started 2 freshmen who are now juniors. One of the two is the leading scorer I was talking about. When that kid is on its like he is putting on a clinic of how to play in the paint.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sixthman on November 09, 2015, 07:32:18 pm
They started 2 freshmen who are now juniors. One of the two is the leading scorer I was talking about. When that kid is on its like he is putting on a clinic of how to play in the paint.

Any Chances of them making state?

sixthman

With the conference they are in they should be in regionals but I'm not holding my breath for state.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sixthman on November 09, 2015, 07:35:24 pm
With the conference they are in they should be in regionals but I'm not holding my breath for state.

Ah...always good to see those programs have something of an upswing though

Jonnyboy1215

November 09, 2015, 08:08:06 pm #26 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:25:08 pm by Jonnyboy1215
Quote from: StateChamps09 on November 09, 2015, 05:54:26 pm
Just because other teams have respect to not run up a score, and others do doesn't make TC the best in the state... That's a bad variable, that tells me the coach doesn't think they'll win to much, and isnt worried about all district all region and all state votes for his athletes. But he could just be a very unethical coach, it's got to be one of the two. Correct?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on November 09, 2015, 08:08:06 pm

Both are wrong actually. They could have easily put up 100 on them, but he wouldn't let them. Smith is a great coach who has been working on getting his system started at TC the past two years and I think we are finally seeing the results of it. I feel like it was good to finally beat a team by more than ten points or less which has seemed to be the margin in Trinity's wins over the previous three seasons. I never asked Yall to agree with my prediction. You don't even have to like it or my reasons for it, but we'll see what happens as the year goes on.

Getting "his system" in place....is that code word for Texas pipe line?

Jonnyboy1215

November 09, 2015, 08:21:35 pm #28 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:24:15 pm by Jonnyboy1215
Quote from: HF on November 09, 2015, 08:11:07 pm

Basketballfan13

Did the returning players get that much better or did player(s) move in? If so, how many moved in?

Jonnyboy1215

November 09, 2015, 09:58:10 pm #30 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:22:55 pm by Jonnyboy1215
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 09, 2015, 09:54:40 pm
Did the returning players get that much better or did player(s) move in? If so, how many moved in?
[/]

StateChamps09

I wasnt condemning anything you said? I was asking questions.. I was just trying to literally ask you how you have them at number 1 when they are 2-0; like your reasoning behind it, what are some strong pints of there I guess is what I should have said. I may of came off like a jerk, but I assure you i wasn't trying to

StateChamps09

Update on my views btw:
1Guy-Perkins
2Bay
3 trinity Christian
4emerson
5kirby

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on November 09, 2015, 08:21:35 pm
Quote from: HF on November 09, 2015, 08:11:07 pm

Both are wrong actually. They could have easily put up 100 on them, but he wouldn't let them. Smith is a great coach who has been working on getting his system started at TC the past two years and I think we are finally seeing the results of it. I feel like it was good to finally beat a team by more than ten points or less which has seemed to be the margin in Trinity's wins over the previous three seasons. I never asked Yall to agree with my prediction. You don't even have to like it or my reasons for it, but we'll see what happens as the year goes on.

If a "Texas pipeline" was truly his system, then Trinity would be even better this year than they are. And would have been just as good last year and the year before, but if you haven't noticed, they weren't good any years before. I'm sorry you feel the only way a team like them can get better players is through recruiting. Pretty sad. I'm sorry I'd like to see a team who used to be one of the worst in 1A actually succeed for once.

Calm down...I'm just rattling your cage...hang around for a while...you might even find yourself throwing jabs at bay

Moonshiner

Quote from: sixthman on November 09, 2015, 06:58:35 pm

Someone had 18 points partway through the 2nd quarter against their big man?  Either he's an awesome offensive player or there was no defense played by Texas Trinity.

PuddlePirate12

I'm not even sure they're #1 in the district. I haven't seen them play but you gotta beat someone to earn that spot in my opinion

Silky Johnson

Can't compare scores and it's about how you finish and when you can be at your best at the right time. If Trinity is not tested than I don't see them being ready for a state tournament game.. I'm sure the 2 Bradley teams with Daniel Larry were better but even his Senior year hillcrest upset them. Stephens had the same thing happen the next year so being undefeated doesn't get you any titles. Not trying to be disrespectful but I'm going to find it hard to believe that Trinity is better than the 2011 Stephens team and the 2009 & 2010 Bradley teams, especially in the overall talent department.

PuddlePirate12

They're not. I can tell you that without seeing them play. Emerson isn't even as good as the 2011 Stephens team. Not talent wise. They have a better coach and smarter players though. There's not a team in 1a this year or probably even last year that would be better on paper than that Stephens team. I hated Stephens as much as anyone but those boys could play some ball. If they had half a coach they would've never been beat

StateChamps09

2009 Bradley team was good, undefeated until the state tournament, I can't remember who took them out, tut tut that's right John Hutchcraft.

HorseFeathers

2009 Bradley bears was also missing their best player, and arguably the best player in 1a that year due to injury...

StateChamps09

Yeah, didn't he get hurt the game before? I remember him being on crutches when we got to gfws...

Silky Johnson

He got hurt in district against like Saratoga or Umpire

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 11, 2015, 10:52:19 am

Yeah a somewhat meaningless game wrecked that season for bradley...

StateChamps09

November 11, 2015, 02:46:48 pm #43 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:48:54 pm by StateChamps09
Yeah, without the star player there depth lacked. I remember the first half being decently close, guy had 10 players that all could have started, and ultimately depth became there issue, we didn't pull away until the third quarter, and it got nasty rather quickly. I remember it almost seeming unreal looking at the score board at the end of the game, and realizing that we were one win from our then rivals mve, after playing them 7 times that year, only winning the first and last matchup

J.D.

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2015, 11:48:54 am
Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 11, 2015, 10:52:19 am

Yeah a somewhat meaningless game wrecked that season for bradley...

I want to say the Larry kid got hurt in Regionals.  I remember watching him against Nevada during district finals.   He seemed 100% then.

One of the best talents I've ever seen at the 1A level.

PuddlePirate12

Did Daniel Larry go play college ball anywhere? I know his younger brother, Judge Larry was a heck of a player. The year Stephens was so good (2011) Bradley was right there with them. I think Stephens beat Bradley by 2 or 3 in district finals. And.. Judge Larry had been kicked off the team by that time! So imagine if they had him. Reece Dunlop is playing at SAU and Broderick Brandon is playing at Philander Smith. They were on that team as well. Emerson played Stephens 5 times that year.. Only winning once @ Stephens. Then they lost to Bradley @ Emerson on a buzzer beater by Judge Larry. All 3 teams were really good and really loaded. If Judge Larry had been able to stay out of trouble Bradley would've been better than Stephens no doubt. Much better coach

Catfish

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 12, 2015, 07:16:12 am
Did Daniel Larry go play college ball anywhere? I know his younger brother, Judge Larry was a heck of a player. The year Stephens was so good (2011) Bradley was right there with them. I think Stephens beat Bradley by 2 or 3 in district finals. And.. Judge Larry had been kicked off the team by that time! So imagine if they had him. Reece Dunlop is playing at SAU and Broderick Brandon is playing at Philander Smith. They were on that team as well. Emerson played Stephens 5 times that year.. Only winning once @ Stephens. Then they lost to Bradley @ Emerson on a buzzer beater by Judge Larry. All 3 teams were really good and really loaded. If Judge Larry had been able to stay out of trouble Bradley would've been better than Stephens no doubt. Much better coach

In 2011 Judge Larry was never kicked off the team. He was a freshman. He played the first half, or first three quarters during the state tournament that year and then their coached benched him. I think he got in trouble for either complaining to the ref or the coach. I don't recall 

PuddlePirate12

Maybe I'm thinking of 2012.. Whatever year Stephens had the 6'7 boy

Basketballfan13

If I rember right it was during the 2012-13 season he got kicked off the team

StateChamps09

Speaking of Bradley and Stephens, are they doing anything this year so far?!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas