• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview's Junior Girls beats Mulberry 84-4????

Started by AllForOne2020, October 30, 2015, 02:23:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

If Wonderview Jr Girls have trouble finding a Game I'm sure Brookland Jr girls would prolly play them.

PM me for Coaches contact info.

Catfish

This thread is so stupid lol for one its Jr girls. Also, I'm sure a student started this thing up. IT WILL BE OK! No matter if he ran the score up on purpose or not, it's over. Also, let me remind you again, ITS JR HIGH GIRLS! The players probably never gave it a second thought.

FreeMoney

You know what Catfish you are probably right about a lot of things but I still think everyone is missing the main point. I'll try ome last time and then IM done!! This thread represents the lack of ethics in MANY coaching circles in this day and time. I'm done for now but this won't be the last time this subject comes up I can almost guarantee it!

Moonshiner

I don't think the thread is stupid at all.  Yes, it's Jr. Girls but let's look at how it relates to both of their Sr. High programs.  I'm assuming Wonderview is like most Class A schools where the same person coaches both Jr and Sr teams.  If Wonderview starts getting a rep for beating teams by 80 it's going to hurt their non conference scheduling.  Nobody will want to play them.  Which in turn will hurt their boys scheduling options.  Kingston and Valley Springs have both had that same problem, because they beat the brakes off of several opponents.  The boys coaches couldn't get anyone to play them because the girls coaches knew the score would be ran up.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 04, 2015, 09:08:02 am
I don't think the thread is stupid at all.  Yes, it's Jr. Girls but let's look at how it relates to both of their Sr. High programs.  I'm assuming Wonderview is like most Class A schools where the same person coaches both Jr and Sr teams.  If Wonderview starts getting a rep for beating teams by 80 it's going to hurt their non conference scheduling.  Nobody will want to play them.  Which in turn will hurt their boys scheduling options.  Kingston and Valley Springs have both had that same problem, because they beat the brakes off of several opponents.  The boys coaches couldn't get anyone to play them because the girls coaches knew the score would be ran up.

Kingston has 29 games on their schedule...doesn't sound like to many are ducking them

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on November 04, 2015, 09:25:56 am
Quote from: Moonshiner on November 04, 2015, 09:08:02 am

Kingston has 29 games on their schedule...doesn't sound like to many are ducking them

Might have something to do with the fact that the coach I was referring to has been gone for two years now.  I didn't say it was a current problem at Kingston or Valley.

HorseFeathers

Does anyone have a good thing to say about poole, other than he won a lot?

And yes I've been told why he was fired from kingston..

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on November 04, 2015, 11:52:26 am
Does anyone have a good thing to say about poole, other than he won a lot?

And yes I've been told why he was fired from kingston..

I'm sure his mom would.  He had a lot of talent and won a lot of games.  Not gonna be very well liked when you press people's subs with your starters.  Or when you.....well you said you know already.
But I do know that the boys coach, who was also successful, had trouble getting games because of the way Pooles teams ran it up with no mercy.

Catfish

Quote from: Catfish on November 03, 2015, 08:52:47 pm
This thread is so stupid lol for one its Jr girls. Also, I'm sure a student started this thing up. IT WILL BE OK! No matter if he ran the score up on purpose or not, it's over. Also, let me remind you again, ITS JR HIGH GIRLS! The players probably never gave it a second thought.

This is what I'm saying. Take away these two main points.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Catfish on November 04, 2015, 12:27:11 pm

If I got beat by 80 I'd have to give a 2nd and 3rd thought.  That's probably a game I would have marked on my schedule for the next time we played.   Losses that bad are never over..  Not unless you have no personal pride. 

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 04, 2015, 05:33:01 pm

If I got beat by 80 I'd have to give a 2nd and 3rd thought.  That's probably a game I would have marked on my schedule for the next time we played.   Losses that bad are never over..  Not unless you have no personal pride.

Yes I agree. Im not saying i wouldn't. But most Jr girls i know aren't going to lose to much sleep whether they win, or lose. And i don't understand why everyone is so especially upset about it. Coaches can't do anything right apparently. Mulberry girls aren't very good this year by the looks of it. Everyone is jumping his case about it all. What do y'all want him to do? Take out everyone on the team and just let Mulberry score?? If he ran up the score on purpose then yes that is pretty messed up, but if you can't score because theres no talent then thats another story. Every kid wants to score. Even the 2nd and 3rd strings of wonderview. You can't tell the kids that never get to play not to shoot. its a lose, lose for the coach.

arstatechamp13

Best response yet, Catfish. If you have a loaded team, you're not going to be able to stop scoring. I don't see why everyone acts like he was just trying to run the score up. Nobody thinks that looks good. He would have to be an absolute moron to do that on purpose. Let's use our heads a little bit. He has no benefit from doing that. The only thing he gets from it is negative criticism from people on here that have nothing better to do than complain about the score of a game between some 14 year old girls. If you run the score up, you look like a jerk. If you tell your bench players to play lazy and not shoot fast break lay ups and turn the ball over on purpose you look like an even bigger jerk. The bench players have just as much of a right to get out there and play their best as the starters and the other team no matter how bad they are. SMH

HorseFeathers

Free money is gonna call you a clarinet toting fool now that you've disagreed with him

NEA Razorback olfan

IMO
you have to schedule conference teams , but if you know as a coach a team is really weak, then try and find better compitition to schedule out of conference.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Catfish on November 04, 2015, 07:44:04 pm

Yes I agree. Im not saying i wouldn't. But most Jr girls i know aren't going to lose to much sleep whether they win, or lose. And i don't understand why everyone is so especially upset about it. Coaches can't do anything right apparently. Mulberry girls aren't very good this year by the looks of it. Everyone is jumping his case about it all. What do y'all want him to do? Take out everyone on the team and just let Mulberry score?? If he ran up the score on purpose then yes that is pretty messed up, but if you can't score because theres no talent then thats another story. Every kid wants to score. Even the 2nd and 3rd strings of wonderview. You can't tell the kids that never get to play not to shoot. its a lose, lose for the coach.

I agree it's not an ideal situation for that coach.  And I'm certainly not especially upset over it.  Not even sure what that means.  All I'm saying is there are things he could've done to slow the game down.  Your subs can still score.  Walk the ball up the floor and pass it around a few times before you shoot it.  Only shoot shots around the basket.  Obviously they put up a lot of shots to score 84 in a 24 minute game where the clock ran the entire 2nd half.  Sounds like Mulberry needs to work on some defense.  To assume that those girls aren't embarrassed is just crazy. 

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 05, 2015, 09:39:48 am

I agree it's not an ideal situation for that coach.  And I'm certainly not especially upset over it.  Not even sure what that means.  All I'm saying is there are things he could've done to slow the game down.  Your subs can still score.  Walk the ball up the floor and pass it around a few times before you shoot it.  Only shoot shots around the basket.  Obviously they put up a lot of shots to score 84 in a 24 minute game where the clock ran the entire 2nd half.  Sounds like Mulberry needs to work on some defense.  To assume that those girls aren't embarrassed is just crazy.

Lol ok man. Whatever you want to think.

TheOfficial

Amen.  Agree 100%

Catfish

I agree with this part lol

Central Ark

I've heard it was a statement to the school board for not letting him pull up 9th graders, and at least 1 team has dropped their game against them.

Hef

Central Ark

Hef

No that was my point. No one has cancelled. Just more rumors.

RedWolf275

If I was a coach and had a bad team with Wonderview on the schedule, I would cancel that game. They are either just so good that a bad team has no chance to play within 50 or they are running up the score.

dc3

Quote from: HF on November 02, 2015, 09:27:48 am
P.s...free money keep trying to make it personal with me...at least I don't hide my identity and play keyboard cowboy like youve doing here...

Do I agree with the way Simon seems to have handled it...no
Do I agree with the keyboard cowboys handling it I. Here....no
Is bashing a coach against the rules of fearless friday...yes
But look at it this way...would you rather be the losing team in a blow out where they kept running their offense, or in a game where they felt sorry for you and just stood at half court? Like I said in a precious post...hector girls lost to Danville by 70+ points at the sr high level 6 games in a row 7ish years ago...so I've seen it happen....

As a player in a few of those hector games.. Had I of wanted Danville to of stopped playing up to their potential. Heck no! Did it suck to high heaven? Heck yes! But did it make me work harder in practice the next day to try to make sure it never happened again, yes!
Now from a coaching standpoint.. There is really not a "correct" answer here. I'm not going to hold my 4th string kids back and punish them just because the other team isn't good. The other teams coach could have just as easily called the game at any point.

hasbeen

Quote from: FreeMoney on October 31, 2015, 12:50:34 am
There are things coaches can do to prevent embarrassing helpless teenage kids. Mulberrys junior girls were helpless and they or their coach cannot help that. If you had been in attendance you would have seen after the opening tip and first possession how this was going to play out. Yelling at your team after the score is 60-2 to LET the other team try to score is furthering the embarrassment of said defenseless kids. I think your Coach(and I use that term loosely) needs a little dose or large dose of coaching etiquette and ethics. I left the game upset and a bit uneasy . As a matter of fact I would have loved to be the one to deliver that dose but my wife wouldn't let me. This has nothing to do with Wonderviews talent level. To me it was an egomaniac of a person without any regard for what's right and true about competition and sportsmanship and the balance that should exist between the two. One final question-- I wonder as he walked down the line shaking hands telling Mulberrys players good game Did he really mean it. I for one would find it hard to believe so

hasbeen

Has anyone stopped and considered the state of mulberry's program if anyone could beat them like this?  Where is freemoney's outcry for a new coach there?  I do not agree with beating a team by that margin without some restraints but you don't ever want to coach your kids to not play hard either. Yes they can pull back to a tight zone but if this other team is so weak they can not score more than 4 with WV held inside of the 3point line on D, then Mulberry should consider why they are so weak. It is amazing to me that we look at the top coach to slow down instead of looking at the coach getting their but kicked and asking what do you do in practice coach? What is your elementary development program doing? there needs to be a discussion on both sides of this concerning coaching.

Moonshiner

We are talking about Clas A Jr. High girls at Mulberry.  Small school in the smallest classification.   He's got to play the hand he's been dealt.   I'm sure it's a down year for him there, or maybe multiple down years. I doubt he needs reminded they aren't very good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 16, 2015, 07:16:09 pm
We are talking about Clas A Jr. High girls at Mulberry.  Small school in the smallest classification.   He's got to play the hand he's been dealt.   I'm sure it's a down year for him there, or maybe multiple down years. I doubt he needs reminded they aren't very good.

Obviously he should be out recruiting ozark,  van buren, and alma....../sarcasm

hasbeen

November 16, 2015, 08:15:11 pm #78 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:04:11 am by hasbeen
Quote from: HF on November 16, 2015, 07:19:14 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on November 16, 2015, 07:16:09 pm

Obviously he should be out recruiting ozark,  van buren, and alma....../sarcasm

While I understand what you're saying, Wonderview is a 1a school as well. They seem to have talent almost every year. Many 1A schools will maintain competitive teams year in year out. Even on a VERY down year, this shows a problem larger than lack of talent.  Mulberry's coach might be a great person, but it appears that they have not done their job preparing this team to compete.  I never said Wonderview's coach was all in the right. However, we need to look at both sides of them to get the best results in the end.

arstatechamp13

Somebody please close this thread before I throw up

Catfish

beach bum

This is sadly the first time I came about this post..... I love the people who say "oh you never played a sport" blah blah blah. That does not mean someone does not know sports. A lot of the best coaches were marginal players. There are plenty of guys on here that self admittedly never played sports who have super high knowledge of the game. HF all around knows 1A-3A as good as anyone on here so the person calling him out personally gets the "Nice Try Award".... Those are the people who are the worst on here who make things personal cause they can't win an debate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas