• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recent 1A Grads playing college ball

Started by not so slim shady, October 23, 2015, 12:14:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

not so slim shady

October 23, 2015, 12:14:35 pm Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:25:23 am by not so slim shady
I need some help with this topic. I was thinking with HS bball starting and college right around the corner, we could start a list of student-athletes that are currently playing college ball to keep up with them. It's a bit rare to graduate from a 1A school and have a  successful college career. I know that I in no way have all of the student athletes, so if you guys know of someone, please add to the list. Strictly 1A grads....

Student                   High School                  College
Brianna Mullins         Nevada                        UCA
Heather Prowse        Mt Vernon Enola            Hendrix
Bailey Zimmerman   Wonderview                  U of A
Danielle Frachiseur   Wickes                         AR Tech
Tristen Underdown.   Alpena.                        C of O Hollister
Jacob Roark             Concord                       Harding
Ben Grice                Western Grove              U of O Clarksville
Mason Epps.             Trinity Christian            CBC
Jonathan Rankin.       Trinity Christian.          CBC
Devin Graves.            Taylor.                        CRC
Tyson Oliver              Bay                            Philander

oldfireguy

add Ben Grice from Western Grove, playing for University of the Ozarks in Clarksville.

not so slim shady

Jonnyboy1215

Add Mason Epps and Jonathan Rankin From Trinity Christian Playing at Central Baptist College

HorseFeathers

Serious question...is Colton Watson playing anywhere this season? I know someone said that he had to go the JUCO route(academics maybe?)

Thechosen1

Thechosen1

He had to attend another school for a semester to get a 2.0 before he could get onto school at ASU and that's what he's doing I'm pretty sure

not so slim shady

TheOfficial

Tristen Underdown from Alpena.  She is playing for College of the Ozarks in Hollister.

not so slim shady

BaseballJunkie20-20

Devin Graves. Taylor
Crowley's Ridge College

pioneers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on October 23, 2015, 10:17:07 pm
He had to attend another school for a semester to get a 2.0 before he could get onto school at ASU and that's what he's doing I'm pretty sure
why wouldn't he just go juco for a year then go to asu so he doesn't have to sit out a year

not so slim shady

HorseFeathers

Slim....would you be opposed to mine editing your post into a better format, easier to read?

Thechosen1

Quote from: pioneers on October 24, 2015, 08:49:30 am
Quote from: Thechosen1 on October 23, 2015, 10:17:07 pm
why wouldn't he just go juco for a year then go to asu so he doesn't have to sit out a year
My understanding is he didn't want to move so far away from home considering all the juco's are a pretty good ways

Catfish

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 23, 2015, 12:14:35 pm
I need some help with this topic. I was thinking with HS bball starting and college right around the corner, we could start a list of student-athletes that are currently playing college ball to keep up with them. It's a bit rare to graduate from a 1A school and have a  successful college career. I know that I in no way have all of the student athletes, so if you guys know of someone, please add to the list. Strictly 1A grads....

Student                   High School                  College
Brianna Mullins         Nevada                        UCA
Heather Prowse        Mt Vernon Enola            Hendrix
Bailey Zimmerman   Wonderview                  U of A
Danielle Frachiseur   Wickes                         AR Tech
Tristen Underdown.   Alpena.                        C of O Hollister
Jacob Roark             Concord                       Harding
Ben Grice                Western Grove              U of O Clarksville
Mason Epps.             Trinity Christian            CBC
Jonathan Rankin.       Trinity Christian.          CBC
Devin Graves.            Taylor.                        CRC

My boy!

not so slim shady

not so slim shady

[/quote]

Pioneers- I agree. I have witnessed this situation several times over the past few decades. The kids always have the best intentions but more times than not end up rarely ever hitting the college hardwood. I would like to have seen him go to North Ark and get to step in and play as a freshman. I hope he proves history wrong and plays somewhere.

fbisgreat

Don't you need a 2.0 to play in high school.

bscinar

Tyson Oliver from Bay is playing at Philander Smith in LR.

BoxNOne

I wondered if Oliver was playing anywhere. Very good high school player.

not so slim shady

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas