• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson vs. Kirby

Started by BasketballFan8680, October 20, 2015, 08:41:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballFan8680

Emerson going against Kirby is going to be a real good one ... Any predictions on this game ?

yesteryearman

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on October 20, 2015, 08:41:21 pm
Emerson going against Kirby is going to be a real good one ... Any predictions on this game ?

Kirby has those two talented sophs who started as freshmen, and I believe their post player is back.  I heard that Emerson had two very good move-ins, that will give them some quality depth that they did not have last year.  Any truth to that?  When do they play and where?

Bigbird2012

I think its to early to predict the winner of this game but I do think that it will be a good/tough game.

I know of 2 kids that moved back to Emerson this year from Magnolia but only one of them is decent and he will probably be the 6th man.

PuddlePirate12

BasketballFan8680

Incredible game, especially from Revels & Jefferson

Bigbird2012

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on October 22, 2015, 10:23:28 pm

I'm not sure if we were watching the same game. I have watched Revels play not only high school ball but AAU as well for many years and he did not play like the kid I have seen play. I have also spent a lot of time watching Jefferson, especially over this past summer in AAU and I think it may be safe to say it was one of his worse game.
Kirby's #2 is going to be something else by the time he is a Senior, that kid can play. But at this point I don't see why they would be on anybody's top 5 but then again if Emerson don't step it up I will have the same opinion about them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on October 23, 2015, 10:27:19 am

I'm not sure if we were watching the same game. I have watched Revels play not only high school ball but AAU as well for many years and he did not play like the kid I have seen play. I have also spent a lot of time watching Jefferson, especially over this past summer in AAU and I think it may be safe to say it was one of his worse game.
Kirby's #2 is going to be something else by the time he is a Senior, that kid can play. But at this point I don't see why they would be on anybody's top 5 but then again if Emerson don't step it up I will have the same opinion about them.

Who are you going to replace them with?

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on October 23, 2015, 04:58:44 pm
Quote from: Bigbird2012 on October 23, 2015, 10:27:19 am

Who are you going to replace them with?

Watson & Roark?

PuddlePirate12

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 24, 2015, 08:14:14 pm
Emerson 65
County Line 49

If you go back and look at most everyone's consensus top five, Emerson has beaten two of them, Kirby and County Line.......

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 24, 2015, 10:00:54 pm
Emerson 65
County Line 49

If you go back and look at most everyone's consensus top five, Emerson has beaten two of them, Kirby and County Line.......

Emerson has made a good case for October's #1

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on October 24, 2015, 10:03:04 pm
Quote from: yesteryearman on October 24, 2015, 10:00:54 pm
Emerson 65
County Line 49

Emerson has made a good case for October's #1

Or possibly Guy, since they drilled Bay by 18.........but it's early and I would expect that with all that talent Bay will get the ship back on course before long...but at least against Guy Bay did miss the 40+ that Watson would have poured in.

PuddlePirate12

Emerson plays @ Dermott next Friday who only lost to GP by 2.. We'll see how Emerson handles them

hawgfan15

Jefferson really improved over the summer on a pretty good AAU team. He took his offensive game to another level.

hawgfan15

#2 for Kirby broke a bone in his foot and will be out for a little bit. By far their best player

PuddlePirate12

October 30, 2015, 08:02:11 pm #15 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:12:08 pm by PuddlePirate12
Emerson 53
Dermott 46

Emerson looked absolutely awful in the second half. Up 30-9 at half. Then Dermott went on a 30-9 run of their own to tie it up halfway through the 4th. Gotta give Dermott props for never giving up. Emerson better shape up

Bigbird2012

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2015, 11:56:38 pm
Jefferson really improved over the summer on a pretty good AAU team. He took his offensive game to another level.

AAU is great for some athletes and not so great for others. Jefferson is playing undisciplined ball and it is very obvious. 

Bigbird2012

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2015, 11:57:37 pm
#2 for Kirby broke a bone in his foot and will be out for a little bit. By far their best player

I was a little late to this game but I was thinking the same thing. They are defiantly going to have to step it up but I am sure Coach Nix will have them ready. I have only got to see the Pirates play twice so far this season but Revels is a great player and I become more impressed with him every time I see him play.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on November 02, 2015, 04:19:10 pm

I was a little late to this game but I was thinking the same thing. They are defiantly going to have to step it up but I am sure Coach Nix will have them ready. I have only got to see the Pirates play twice so far this season but Revels is a great player and I become more impressed with him every time I see him play.

I hesitated to say anything prior to now, but talked to a person who was at the Kirby game and she told me that Jefferson for the most part played out of control.  He made a lot of shots, but took a lot of shots, many of them terrible decisions.  Also, something about a foul toward the end of the game that game Kirby a chance to tie the game.   Sounds like the coach will have to rein him in somehow.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on November 02, 2015, 05:05:09 pm

I hesitated to say anything prior to now, but talked to a person who was at the Kirby game and she told me that Jefferson for the most part played out of control.  He made a lot of shots, but took a lot of shots, many of them terrible decisions.  Also, something about a foul toward the end of the game that game Kirby a chance to tie the game.   Sounds like the coach will have to rein him in somehow.

I wouldn't say his shooting was the problem that game. He was 12-20 from the field for 28 points. The problem was him not setting up other players like he usually does/needs to do. And he wasn't working on defense. He's working on it. But yeah he had a really dumb foul at the end. No excuse for that. He's not young or inexperienced anymore. He's better than he showed that game

hawgfan15

November 08, 2015, 10:49:02 pm #20 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:02:18 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: Bigbird2012 on November 02, 2015, 04:12:51 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2015, 11:56:38 pm

AAU is great for some athletes and not so great for others. Jefferson is playing undisciplined ball and it is very obvious.

Did you see him play this Summer? Was he undisciplined then?

hawgfan15

Quote from: yesteryearman on November 02, 2015, 05:05:09 pm

How is a made shot a terrible shot? 12-20 is pretty good.

PuddlePirate12

Pirate1992

Now what the critics, go say Puddle...Emerson Smashed Dermott   ;)

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 10, 2015, 07:32:25 pm
Emerson 80
Dermott 47

I had to see for myself, Jefferson, Revels, etal, so my bud and I drove down from the Grove.  First game I've seen this year, and from what I saw, Emerson is going to be very very hard to beat.  They've got scorers all over the place, big guys, quick, quick guards, and look like they go about 9 deep.  Maybe it was just one of those games that everything clicked, but they look like a team on a mission.  The depth they have this year, at least to me, makes them much better than the team that I watched against Bay at Emerson last year.  Time will tell.

PuddlePirate12

I actually wasn't at the game tonight. But judging by the score they played well. Played well @ Dermott also.. Just not as good as they should have

Bigbird2012

I was at the game and they played alright. They played better as a whole @ Dermott which I know sounds crazy considering they won by more last night and that was with coach Nix playing people off the bench as well. They are a good group of kids who are also well coached but they seem to only give 100% during spurts which worries me just a little bit.

PuddlePirate12

Emerson 72
Taylor 39

30-3 halfway through the first quarter

PuddlePirate12

Emerson 80
Fouke 50

Senior Boys

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 15, 2015, 10:51:17 pm
Emerson 80
Fouke 50

Senior Boys

Strong win for Emerson. Trinity beat Fouke 86-35 the other night. Do you know specific stats?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on December 16, 2015, 04:33:11 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 15, 2015, 10:51:17 pm
Emerson 80
Fouke 50

Senior Boys

Strong win for Emerson. Trinity beat Fouke 86-35 the other night. Do you know specific stats?

I wasn't there. Just saw the score on social media and thought I would share

smackdat014

Johnnyboy, I imagine y'all's coach left starter in whole game didn't he.? Watch trinity play a team last week which wasn't good at all and they was throwing alleys in 3rd quarter up by 30 when other team and the last players off bench in. Real classy. The still had point guard and the big boy playing in fourth quarter. Good way to get people hurt

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: smackdat014 on December 17, 2015, 12:23:40 pm
Johnnyboy, I imagine y'all's coach left starter in whole game didn't he.? Watch trinity play a team last week which wasn't good at all and they was throwing alleys in 3rd quarter up by 30 when other team and the last players off bench in. Real classy. The still had point guard and the big boy playing in fourth quarter. Good way to get people hurt

Hmm not sure. Wasn't able to make that game, just heard the score from a bench player who doesn't get much playing time who scored his game high. But nice observation. And not sure it makes much difference whether they throw alleys in the first or the third, the starters are just as likely to get hurt as the bench players lol.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on December 17, 2015, 12:51:46 pm

Hmm not sure. Wasn't able to make that game, just heard the score from a bench player who doesn't get much playing time who scored his game high. But nice observation. And not sure it makes much difference whether they throw alleys in the first or the third, the starters are just as likely to get hurt as the bench players lol.

You may miss a starter a bit more than a bench player

smackdat014

You must be talking about the other big boy that played like 3 minutes in the fourth. Yeah he had about 12. That's good for half a quarter.  I'm not downing trinity what so ever, they are a good team, no doubt! But when people know your that good, there is not any need in running up the score on a bunch of helpless teams. And you said ou doesn't matter if alley is thrown in first quarter or third. Well it does, when the other couch has his last guys in and you have part of your first string in, that matters. I think Stephens coach had more class then that.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on December 17, 2015, 12:51:46 pm

I don't think he is referring to the fact that players could get hurt but more to the fact of humiliating your opponent. Trinity, out of all teams, ought to know how it feels to get beat like a drum game in and game out. They even suffered a 40 point loss this year. You would think they might have a little more sympathy toward their opponent being they were in their place for the past 3 to 4 years. That's is until they were able to tap into that Texas pipeline.   

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: smackdat014 on December 18, 2015, 12:14:56 am
You must be talking about the other big boy that played like 3 minutes in the fourth. Yeah he had about 12. That's good for half a quarter.  I'm not downing trinity what so ever, they are a good team, no doubt! But when people know your that good, there is not any need in running up the score on a bunch of helpless teams. And you said ou doesn't matter if alley is thrown in first quarter or third. Well it does, when the other couch has his last guys in and you have part of your first string in, that matters. I think Stephens coach had more class then that.

Nah that Stephens coach was pretty classy 😂

ReddieKnightTrojan

How did the Kirby girls do?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 18, 2015, 01:48:47 pm
How did the Kirby girls do?

Against Emerson They won.. I can't remember by how much. They didn't look as good as last year but it was their first or second game of the year I think

Silky Johnson

Idk in 2010-2011 season Stephens beat Delight 92-22, they would've had over 100 had they not missed some easy lay ins.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on December 18, 2015, 03:51:38 pm
Idk in 2010-2011 season Stephens beat Delight 92-22, they would've had over 100 had they not missed some easy lay ins.

There were a lot of games like that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas