• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guywatch

Started by not so slim shady, October 16, 2015, 04:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arstatechamp13

Guy 29
Concord 20
Half

StateChamps09

Guy defeats concord by 21. This may become a trend for opponents going against them

arstatechamp13

Concord lacks experience against a press. Too many turnovers. Guy did a good job of capitalizing on the mistakes

StateChamps09

Guy didn't shoot very well either, especially for them. good non-conference match up, it was enjoyable. See you guys in regionals.

not so slim shady

Yes I went. My summation of the sr boys game. Corncob can coach. He gets a lot out of the hands he is dealt. Had his team ready. Got good shots. Was up 12-9 after 1. GP had too many weapons. Pressure and tempo hurt the Pirates but foul trouble was an equalizer. Hutchcraft coached well too. Gambled when a few were in foul trouble. Was a bit closer than the score. Here are a few more points.

GP is really really good
Concord held guy to 64 at guy. They scored 99 vs gfws at guy and 73 vs bay on a neutral court
I see both of these teams improving throughout the year

Have a good weekend and go hogs.

StateChamps09

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 30, 2015, 10:54:43 pm
Yes I went. My summation of the sr boys game. Corncob can coach. He gets a lot out of the hands he is dealt. Had his team ready. Got good shots. Was up 12-9 after 1. GP had too many weapons. Pressure and tempo hurt the Pirates but foul trouble was an equalizer. Hutchcraft coached well too. Gambled when a few were in foul trouble. Was a bit closer than the score. Here are a few more points.

GP is really really good
Concord held guy to 64 at guy. They scored 99 vs gfws at guy and 73 vs bay on a neutral court
I see both of these teams improving throughout the year

Have a good weekend and go hogs.
Not to bad of a game for a team that didn't play with there sixth man

NWA Hawg

What happened to Guy Perkins last night? Saw on maxpreps where they got beat by around 40 by mayflower last night. Is the score posted backwards? Any details StateChamps09?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: fann07 on December 01, 2015, 10:10:58 am
What happened to Guy Perkins last night? Saw on maxpreps where they got beat by around 40 by mayflower last night. Is the score posted backwards? Any details StateChamps09?
I was wondering that myself when I was on MaxPreps last night. It was 53-30 at the half.

not so slim shady

I heard Guy-Perkins won by about 35. I have no idea of the final though.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: not so slim shady on December 01, 2015, 01:20:05 pm
I heard Guy-Perkins won by about 35. I have no idea of the final though.

Maxpreps has mayflower 85 guy 43. I figured the score was put in backwards. Especially with Guy just scoring 43 points.

Silky Johnson

Considering Mayflower lost perry, their other main guard, the post player I knew that score had to be backwards.

StateChamps09

That score is backwards. Guy had in the bench for a majority of the second half.

StateChamps09

Guy defeats Shirley by 9 In a game that kepped close thanks to horrible Reffing. Should have been another twenty point win. Shirley coach wihnned about every as usual. Decent game yo watch though.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on December 03, 2015, 10:25:51 pm
Guy defeats Shirley by 9 In a game that kepped close thanks to horrible Reffing. Should have been another twenty point win. Shirley coach wihnned about every as usual. Decent game yo watch though.

Those refs always screwing stuff up these days

StateChamps09

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on December 03, 2015, 10:39:29 pm

Those refs always screwing stuff up these days

Lol right. Surprisingly two of thennwere prettybdecent , it was on ref in particular, although I don't know his name, a lot of fans refer to him as butt chin. Lol

Ballhearts

I thought it was great game refs were bad at times but weren't terrible but 35 and 23 from guy were great!! And for Shirley they had over 15 turnovers and still stayed in it I give them some credit they were the closest game for guy so far

StateChamps09

Oh no doubt I'll give them props for not getting put out like they did last ttime they played guy. The officiating was pretty bad the entire game. The head ref getting his call turned over by a ref that wasn'teven in position to make the call, that same ref making ALOT of calls that he wasn't in the position to make, missing alot of very obvious walks, calling a hop step a walk (horrible), missing 15+ walks, aand at least 5 doubles, and a couple of kicked balls. Horrible job by him andhim alone.honestly (and  don't say this to much) the ref's is what kepped Shirley in the game. And it was pretty obvious from both sides of the ball.

StateChamps09

Guy boys defeat wonderview by high thirties low forties. Wonderview girls over guy girls by I believe 15

StateChamps09

Guy took on lonoke in the finals of the st Joseph tournament, guy jumped out ahead by I believe 11 in the first quarter, and never looked back, they were up by 30 at the end of the third, clock ran the last quarter with guy beating lonoke by 25-26 can't remember exactly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas