• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guywatch

Started by not so slim shady, October 16, 2015, 04:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

not so slim shady

October 16, 2015, 04:50:59 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:53:21 pm by not so slim shady
I'm gonna drive over to Guy Perkins Blue-Gold game. I think the game between Guy and Bay will be very interesting. I'll go out on a limb and say that it will be a close game??? Games start at 6. I'll give a report sometime this weekend. From what I've heard, both jr teams and sr girls are average, but sr boys should be pretty good.

Thechosen1

not so slim shady

I think they're really good. Not real deep so it was hard to tell with the talent split.  Several different players hit threes. Two had dunks. One was in traffic. The other was a break away. Gold beat blue 37-35 in a half with a running clock. I think they have a ton of potential and could gel into a very good team. Possibly even ring number 10 for the godfather.

Silky Johnson

Guy-Perkins has won many state titles and big games. I know of a couple years where they probably had the most talented team in class A but just didn't win a state title. Anyone know how Bay and Guy-Perkins might match up?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 17, 2015, 12:10:04 am
Guy-Perkins has won many state titles and big games. I know of a couple years where they probably had the most talented team in class A but just didn't win a state title. Anyone know how Bay and Guy-Perkins might match up?

Don't they play next week?

Silky Johnson

Yes Oct. 24. I was just wanting to know how many players Guy might play and how their starting 5 might look.

not so slim shady

It's probably just as rare as not that the most talented team wins the state title. Would you say that there have been years that they were not the most talented team yet still won a title?

pioneers

Is the bay game at bay or guy Perkins? It's not on bays schedule that's on max preps.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pioneers on October 17, 2015, 04:54:20 pm
Is the bay game at bay or guy Perkins? It's not on bays schedule that's on max preps.

ICC I believe

J.D.

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 17, 2015, 02:33:48 pm

It's probably just as rare as not that the most talented team wins the state title. Would you say that there have been years that they were not the most talented team yet still won a title?

It has happened several times.

Silky Johnson

It's scheduled for 6:20 at ICC on the 24th.

not so slim shady

WSGF Eagles at Guy-Perkins tonight. Any Fearless faithfuls gonna be there?

not so slim shady

Just got off the phone with a friend that was at the game. Half time score  was 50-27 GP. End of 3 was 80-57. WSGF made late run. Final 99-88 T-Birds.

J.D.

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 20, 2015, 10:17:53 pm
Just got off the phone with a friend that was at the game. Half time score  was 50-27 GP. End of 3 was 80-57. WSGF made late run. Final 99-88 T-Birds.

This is the most Guy-Perkins thing I've ever seen.

J.D.

I seen that Josh Ballard dropped 44 in GP's win.

Their game with Bay COULD BE fun. 

Thechosen1

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 20, 2015, 10:17:53 pm
Obviously no defense was played.

not so slim shady

Actually just heard that it was a 1-2-2 zone for Guy and a couple of different schemes for WS- some man, some zone.

Thechosen1

I know last year WSGF wasn't very good and if guy lets them score 88 on them they might be in trouble with Bay. Bay plays good defense and will have a gameplan for Ballard so someone else for guy will have to step up and play a big game for them to have a chance to beat bay sat. That's just my opinion but it should be a good game either way.

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on October 21, 2015, 11:51:32 pm
I know last year WSGF wasn't very good and if guy lets them score 88 on them they might be in trouble with Bay. Bay plays good defense and will have a gameplan for Ballard so someone else for guy will have to step up and play a big game for them to have a chance to beat bay sat. That's just my opinion but it should be a good game either way.

Yes, someone from Bay is going to say that. lol  Ive heard guy is going to be really good. Guess we will see.

anonymousbballviewer07

Who do they play tomorrow?

Thechosen1

October 22, 2015, 10:49:57 am #20 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:58:18 am by Thechosen1
Quote from: Catfish on October 22, 2015, 10:03:25 am
[/quote
Yes, someone from Bay is going to say that. lol  Ive heard guy is going to be really good. Guess we will see.
Well is it not true? Lol

Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson

WSGF actually won the 2nd half against Guy 61-49, had they not given up 50 first half points they might've been able to mount a comeback win.

not so slim shady

I guess its a good thing for Guy that the final score counts. Here are the facts. GP was up 50-27 @ half and 80-53 at end of 3. Previous numbers were wrong. WSGF outscored Guy 35-18 in the 4th with non-starters in the game both ways until the final 2 minutes. At the same dead ball when the lead was cut to 7 both coaches ran their starting 5's back in the game. It's ridiculous that adults get on here and argue and assume things about a game played by teenage boys. I sincerely hope that both teams play well and have a great game....and that the fans act accordingly. I doubt we will see either teams' best effort considering the travel and play from the night before. Y'all have a great rest of your week.

ballmember

WSGF has a lot of talent, can score with about anyone, and were the most talented in their conference, last year and this year.     If they put all that together, watch out.

Silky Johnson

So WSGF was the most talented team but didn't make regionals, didn't region 3 boys lose all 4 first round games in State last year?

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on October 22, 2015, 10:49:57 am
Quote from: Catfish on October 22, 2015, 10:03:25 am
[/quote
Well is it not true? Lol

Its just unreal. Do y'all think your coach is a God or something?? I mean thats all i see on here. There are more teams than Bay. Anyone could beat Bay on any given night. Its basketball.

Thechosen1

No one said that. He's won a lot of big games all I said is he would have a gameplan to slow down Ballard. He won't have 44 I can promise you that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on October 22, 2015, 02:16:32 pm
No one said that. He's won a lot of big games all I said is he would have a gameplan to slow down Ballard. He won't have 44 I can promise you that.

ummm hutchcraft has 11 state titles..don't guess he's won any big games in his career..::)..

Silky Johnson

He's never beaten Bay Sr. Boys unless it was awhile back. I know with Coach Brannen Bay is 3-0 and all of the games were on a neutral court. That can all change very quickly though.

ballmember

Talent and being a good team is not the same thing.    WSGF has lots of talent; Has the most talented player in the conference, in not only my feeble opinion but several of the coaches.   

Catfish

Quote from: ballmember on October 22, 2015, 07:56:49 pm
Talent and being a good team is not the same thing.    WSGF has lots of talent; Has the most talented player in the conference, in not only my feeble opinion but several of the coaches.

Who?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: HF on October 22, 2015, 02:33:10 pm

ummm hutchcraft has 11 state titles..don't guess he's won any big games in his career..::)..
And last I checked 11 titles beats 3. 3 of those 11 were in a row, which beats 3 in 5 years.

HorseFeathers

October 22, 2015, 08:20:13 pm #33 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:36:04 pm by HF
Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 22, 2015, 08:10:10 pm
Quote from: HF on October 22, 2015, 02:33:10 pm

And last I checked 11 titles beats 3. 3 of those 11 were in a row, which beats 3 in 5 years.

Want to say he started coaching at Guy in 78ish(I know it was only his second year of coaching that he went there, Grubbs being his first stop)
I think he coached boys and girls his entire career there(Probably wrong on that though),
Girls Titles--'84, '01, '02,'03,'05--Overall State Title in 1984
Boys Titles--'97, '05, '06, '09
Softball---1998

Not to Mention close to 1500 wins as a basketball Head coach(it's unofficial but he has more than the official record for most wins by a high school coach boys &/or girls)

HorseFeathers

....And I fully expect Bay to win Saturday

Somebody should let us now how into the game Hutchcraft gets...That may tell us the real potential of the team than anything 8)

Catfish

Quote from: HF on October 22, 2015, 08:38:35 pm
....And I fully expect Bay to win Saturday

Somebody should let us now how into the game Hutchcraft gets...That may tell us the real potential of the team than anything 8)

I agree lol

Ballhearts

Who is this talented kid bc I disagree with them have the most talented player. Concord has a new move in that's talented and same with Shirley they have a few as well so can't say WSGF has the most talented kid maybe great player

Central Ark

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 22, 2015, 09:12:41 pm
Who is this talented kid bc I disagree with them have the most talented player. Concord has a new move in that's talented and same with Shirley they have a few as well so can't say WSGF has the most talented kid maybe great player
I'm guessing the Hipp kid?

not so slim shady

Me and a buddy have decided to drive to the metropolis of Brockwell, Arkansas tomorrow afternoon in hopes that the GP/Bay game will be a good one. I will give a full report sometime this weekend. If you are at the game I will be in a Hogs shirt and hat if we actually beat Auburn....if not I'll have to look through my wardrobe of old rock band retro concert T-shirts from the 80's....probably go with a Guns N Roses, White Snake or Metallica. There will be no autograph sessions or photo ops. I am there on business. Strictly to watch and stat the game! Good luck to all teams that play tonight both football and basketball. By the way, heard that Concord plays at Guy a week from tonight. Should be a good barometer for that region..... Corncob VS the godfather 2015!

BasketballNeverStops

October 23, 2015, 01:26:39 pm #39 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:13:15 pm by BasketballNeverStops
TJ Richardson is the best player in the 1A 2-South and one of the best in the state not only because of his skill, but because when he was a sophomore he got the opportunity to start alongside 4 seniors (with one of them being Jacob Roark) who were proven winners all throughout their careers and got to go to 2 straight state finals and win it all in 2014. Add into account that he has one of if not the best coach in Class 1A. He played a big part in that state championship, putting up a double-double in the title game. He has the most post season experience of any player in the conference, and that is one of the reasons he's up at the top.

not so slim shady

I agree- I have watched him 4 or 5 times over the past few years. That kid can do a little bit of everything and is gutsy on top of that.

J.D.

October 24, 2015, 07:53:34 pm #41 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:58:25 pm by J.D.
Quote from: J.D. on October 20, 2015, 10:36:44 pm
I seen that Josh Ballard dropped 44 in GP's win.

Their game with Bay COULD BE fun.

Hmm.  I guess this holds true depending on who you cheer for. 

not so slim shady

Summation of the two GP Bay games. Sr girls. Bay is very good defensively. GP shot poorly dug a huge hole. Bay was fairly steady all night. GP shot better in the 2nd half and made several mini runs and got to within 3 in the 4th but Bay's girls were a bit too much. Bay by 8. Sr boys. Both teams are very athletic for class A teams. GP jumped out to an early lead. Never gave up the lead. Bay shot poorly in the first half and average in the 2nd half. #'s 3 and 44 kept it close for Bay at times but they never closed the gap. GP had big shots from several players with a very balanced attack. GP by 18. My guess is that Bay may be a bit better than they showed tonight. Only time will tell.

yesteryearman

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 24, 2015, 11:18:07 pm
Summation of the two GP Bay games. Sr girls. Bay is very good defensively. GP shot poorly dug a huge hole. Bay was fairly steady all night. GP shot better in the 2nd half and made several mini runs and got to within 3 in the 4th but Bay's girls were a bit too much. Bay by 8. Sr boys. Both teams are very athletic for class A teams. GP jumped out to an early lead. Never gave up the lead. Bay shot poorly in the first half and average in the 2nd half. #'s 3 and 44 kept it close for Bay at times but they never closed the gap. GP had big shots from several players with a very balanced attack. GP by 18. My guess is that Bay may be a bit better than they showed tonight. Only time will tell.

How does Guy go from not being able to get out of the Regional in 2014-2015 to being this good in 2015-2016? 

Ballhearts

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 25, 2015, 06:36:37 am

How does Guy go from not being able to get out of the Regional in 2014-2015 to being this good in 2015-2016?
They recruited a few

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 25, 2015, 08:31:55 am

They recruited a few

Only move in was Ballard wasn't it?

And out of Regional?...heck I don't think they made it out of District last year

Tigger

October 25, 2015, 09:57:18 am #46 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:00:33 am by Tigger
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2015, 09:45:23 am

They recruited a few

And out of Regional?...heck I don't think they made it out of District last year
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2015, 09:45:23 am

They recruited a few

They had more than one starting player that didn't play against us last year

not so slim shady

John 'The Godfather' Hutchcraft VS Keith 'Corncob' Cornett.... Friday October 30th at Guy. I think this will be a very good ballgame. An inside source has confirmed that the coaches have contacted the AAA asking if it would be okay if they suited up for the second half. Taking all of this into consideration- here's my line for the game. Straight up GP vs Concord- I'm going GP by 10. If the coaches are allowed to throw on the jerseys my line changes to Concord by 4 and Corncob will have about 15 in the second half alone. I will keep you informed of this development.

StateChamps09

Lol at the fact of you guys chasing wild dreams, and trying to say something about hutch recruiting. There starting five minus one has been at guy for at least 4 years. The pg is a senior and been there since kindergarten
The sg is a sophomore and been there for four years
The starting forward is a junior and been there since kindergarten
There center is a sophomore and been there for four years...
Yea so Ballard came at the end of last year? So what? He lives in guy. He's eligible. Find something else to whine about since you can't beat them. Hutch is bringing back what is rightfully guy-Perkins, and gonna bring another one to the already HUGE trophy case that is in there hallway.

arstatechamp13

Nobody is whining. It's a running joke just like it is for Bay lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas