• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Teams in State this year

Started by Run N Punch, August 06, 2015, 09:14:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxNOne

Actually, I don't think Bay has a move in this year who will make a big impact. Believe they have an exchange student but don't think he is high impact player.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Baller_34 on October 26, 2015, 06:00:08 am
I think Izard County might have a shot to knock Bay out of that region

Agreed!

HorseFeathers

County line...but they are really young.

not so slim shady

Here's what I know about GP's starting five:

22 and 54 are sophs that played jr high there last year
30 was there last year but looks like he's grown a foot
23 was there in jr high and as a soph- played as a junior at greenbrier- moved back as a senior
35 is a move in

yesteryearman

Quote from: not so slim shady on October 26, 2015, 09:48:15 am
Here's what I know about GP's starting five:

22 and 54 are sophs that played jr high there last year
30 was there last year but looks like he's grown a foot
23 was there in jr high and as a soph- played as a junior at greenbrier- moved back as a senior
35 is a move in

Sounds to be kind of ironic if one of the threats to Bay's repeat comes from a team with move-ins.......especially one (Ballard) that sounds like MVP type player......

Thechosen1

I also remember Maynard having Watson and the team was rolling Maynard goes into bay Watson drops 40 and Maynard wins by 15 then bay gameplans better for him goes to Maynard and wins by 20. I believe Watson is probably a better player than Ballard is too. Bays best player Tyler Pritchett did not score a single point the other night and I wouldn't say that was because of guys defense he just didn't come ready to play I don't look for that to happen much

Central Ark

One of Guy's big guys is Hutchcraft's grandson I believe. Either a freshman or sophomore from what I've heard.

rzrbk_32

Trinity has 2 move in's from Hooks, Tx. D1 talent from what an inside source on the basketball staff tells me. Also said that many college coaches have been to practices to scout them. Not saying they will be the best but keep an eye on Trinity.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on October 26, 2015, 09:18:09 am
County line...but they are really young.

Two starters and their sixth man are sophomores. Two more starters are juniors. And they're homegrown too.

hawgfan15

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 25, 2015, 04:19:42 pm
Quote from: yesteryearman on October 25, 2015, 02:58:05 pm
Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 25, 2015, 01:38:30 pm
Who would be the 4 and 5?

Don't overlook Nevada...they have everyone back from last year except the point guard, a year of experience for some pretty decent sophs, and they played Bay even for a half last year....their coaching may seem iffy at times, but they are very athletic....Region 4 looks to be very tough again this year, with Kirby, Emerson, Nevada, Acorn, and improved Trinity Christian....I believe Caddo Hills had some pretty good 9th graders move up.

Nevada lost 2 I believe. #12 and #15 who was a Stephens transfer. They'll be good but those were their 2 top scorers everytime they played Emerson last year. Honestly Kirby is down from where they've been the last 3-4 years. Still fundamentally sound just lack a lot of experience and are pretty small even for 1a. 2 big boys.. Whisenhunt is really good and the other is young but good. They'll be there in the end for sure. Acorn loses Sky Jackson and the big #12 also I believe. And I heard Coach Jackson was only coaching girls. Emerson plays Caddo Hills Tuesday. The region is wide open in my opinion. Someone like Bradley could sneak in. You know their coach will get them in line lol

Did Nevada get a new coach? If not they will continue to underachieve.

Acorn will be terrible this year.

Kirby will be tough by post season play.

Emerson will be a much better team this season.

StateChamps09

Every single kid that starts for guy was on there bench last year minus the two sophomores, and Ballard. if you could back track and think, all guys starters last year were seniors.... Hence why you didn't see them.... There 6 man rotation are all great players, and all but Ballard have been at that school for quite some time. Hutch is just coming to take what it rightfully his once again, and that's another title.

J.D.

Quote from: StateChamps09 on October 30, 2015, 05:30:20 pm
Every single kid that starts for guy was on there bench last year minus the two sophomores, and Ballard. if you could back track and think, all guys starters last year were seniors.... Hence why you didn't see them.... There 6 man rotation are all great players, and all but Ballard have been at that school for quite some time. Hutch is just coming to take what it rightfully his once again, and that's another title.

Judging by your online name, you and I will probably not be the best of friends lol.  8)

Guy is talented. I tried hinting around on how good they would be. 

Long season though. 

StateChamps09

yesteryearman

October 31, 2015, 12:45:13 pm #63 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:49:38 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: StateChamps09 on October 30, 2015, 05:30:20 pm

OK, wow, looks like Guy has thrown down the gauntlet, the team to beat this year.  Sounds like Bay's repeat may be in trouble.  Looking way ahead to the state tournament brackets,  Guy and Bay would meet in semi's.......

Clutch03

RedWolf275

Thechosen1

J.D.

StateChamps09

Hahaha if you are I know who you are. Lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas