• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Teams in State this year

Started by Run N Punch, August 06, 2015, 09:14:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Run N Punch

Just wondering who were supposed to be the best teams in the state this year. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Run N Punch on August 06, 2015, 09:14:41 am
Just wondering who were supposed to be the best teams in the state this year.

BAY!!!

Batman44

I would say Bay starters #1
Bay 2nd squad.              #2
WSGF 83 crew, oh about #10, maybe.

Run N Punch

Well Bay is good but I think us or Kirby may be better!  Didn't Bay lose their best player?

BigLion10

August 06, 2015, 09:47:32 am #4 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:40:19 am by BigLion10
Bring it on batman 83 crew wins by 40

Batman44

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 06, 2015, 09:47:32 am
Bring it on batman 83 crew wins by 40

Hey, I'm a part of that 83 crew, just havin to be tellin it like it is. Bay will shock the world this year!!

Silky Johnson

Colton Watson and Cade prince were the 2 seniors but everyone else is back. Watson was the best player in class A and at Bay but this years team is bigger and can go 9-10 deep in most games. I'd say in a close game there's a 7-8 guy rotation. Who does Kirby have besides the 2 soph. guards and the sr. post player?

Run N Punch

Hard to shock the world when everyone says you are the favorite.  Or are they going pro?

Oldref

Bay
Emerson
Kirby
County Line
Trinity Christian

All of these teams should be good.

Batman44

Quote from: Run N Punch on August 07, 2015, 05:58:59 am
Hard to shock the world when everyone says you are the favorite.  Or are they going pro?

They make up the US Olympic (Teen) Dream Team!

Oldref

Quote from: Batman44 on August 07, 2015, 08:37:36 am
Quote from: Run N Punch on August 07, 2015, 05:58:59 am

They make up the US Olympic (Teen) Dream Team!
Batman I don't think they could work the "US Olympic Teen Dream Team" into their schedule this year. Coach Brannen had to them too busy playing and working at the  team camps this summer :)  They did have wins against teams from 5 different states this summer at camps and tournaments if that counts for anything :)

Batman44

Hey Old Ref, you can't pay too much attention to what that Run and Punch guy says. I have read some of his posts. He couldn't spell cat, if you spotted him the c and a:) Looking forward to trying to get to some of the Bay games.

lineman76

I think Bay and County Line will be tough to beat. County Line beat Emerson and Kirby this summer in team camps.

J.D.

Quote from: lineman76 on August 07, 2015, 02:43:39 pm
I think Bay and County Line will be tough to beat. County Line beat Emerson and Kirby this summer in team camps.

jacketman

August 11, 2015, 08:15:14 pm #14 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:01:58 pm by jacketman
Bay will have the same starting group that went 31-1 as juniors, with exception of the Rose kid, which we now have Pritchett in his place. Not saying that they will have an untouchable record, but they will be very very tough.

Oldref

Quote from: jacketman on August 11, 2015, 08:15:14 pm
Bay will have the same starting group that went 31-1 as juniors, with exception of the Rose kid, which we now have Pritchett in his place. Not saying that they will have an untouchable record, but they will very very tough.

That is true Jacketman. Pritchett was moved up as a ninth grader and didn't play Jr high at all that year and they still went 31-1. Crain also moved up after the Jr high season and helped the Sr high win the state championship in 2013. Only loss in Jr high that year was to 6A Marion in overtime at Marion. This years Bay team is loaded with Jr's and Sr's that have won a ton of games in their careers. None of that counts for anything and this is a new year but those guys have been really successful.

BasketballFan8680

I believe County Line, Emerson, & Bay Should top 3 .. No doubt

Silky Johnson

Bay and county line have the target on their backs in their respective regions. Don't think there supposed to be better than last year but I'd say wonderview and sacred heart are region 3's best. Emerson, Kirby, Nevada, and trinity will be the 4 from the south more than likely. Region 4 will have 4 pretty good teams for the 3rd year in a row.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 18, 2015, 02:45:03 pm
Bay and county line have the target on their backs in their respective regions. Don't think there supposed to be better than last year but I'd say wonderview and sacred heart are region 3's best. Emerson, Kirby, Nevada, and trinity will be the 4 from the south more than likely. Region 4 will have 4 pretty good teams for the 3rd year in a row.

Mve could be a dark horse in region 3....

Silky Johnson

If Trinity is a legitimate threat they might be the toughest test for Bay, that is if they meet in a game.

Bigbird2012

1. Bay
2. County Line
3. Emerson - at the end of last season I would have said Emerson would be 1 or 2 since they only lost one Senior, but that one senior was a BIG part of that team and I think we will all see this when season starts.
4. Kirby/Nevada

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on August 27, 2015, 03:07:20 pm
1. Bay
2. County Line
3. Emerson - at the end of last season I would have said Emerson would be 1 or 2 since they only lost one Senior, but that one senior was a BIG part of that team and I think we will all see this when season starts.
4. Kirby/Nevada

What does Kirby have coming back

Silky Johnson

Quote from: HF on August 27, 2015, 03:27:53 pm
Quote from: Bigbird2012 on August 27, 2015, 03:07:20 pm
1. Bay
2. County Line
4. Kirby/Nevada

What does Kirby have coming back

I know they have 3 starters back but no clue after that.

ballmember

How will Guy Perkins be this year?  Heard they had a good move in???

Moonshiner

Quote from: ballmember on August 27, 2015, 09:16:08 pm

That never happens at Guy Perkins

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 27, 2015, 09:22:46 pm

Nope, never  :o

jacketman

Quote from: HF on August 27, 2015, 09:24:49 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on August 27, 2015, 09:22:46 pm

Nope, never  :o

Just heard gun shots!.......... ;D

Thechosen1

Thechosen1

Emerson loses to much inside presence by losing Jackson, his athleticism and rebounding won't be there for Emerson. Kirby loses too much by losing there best scorer the coaches son isn't good enough to carry them just yet, county line will be good but too young and loses best player, Bay loses a huge piece in Watson but still has a lot of fire power and is a lot to deal with around tournament time.

Silky Johnson

Bay has 4 guys that can bring the ball down the floor. If they handle pressure it will help them tremendously when they play Rivercrest and EPC home and away and playing Blythville at home.

jacketman

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 27, 2015, 11:12:00 pm
Bay has 4 guys that can bring the ball down the floor. If they handle pressure it will help them tremendously when they play Rivercrest and EPC home and away and playing Blythville at home.

They had some serious pressure this summer playing in Memphis in 2 AAU Tournaments. They did not disappoint themselves. West Memphis beat them twice but not without scaring them. Bay came ready to play those weekends. I dont see this season being any different. This group has won a ton of games in their career so far.

J.D.

August 29, 2015, 12:19:04 am #31 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:26:07 am by J.D.

good enough

Moonshiner

1. Guy Perkins
2. County Line
3. Bay

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 25, 2015, 12:46:39 am
1. Guy Perkins
2. County Line
3. Bay

Emerson just beat county line on a neutral court by 17 after beating Kirby on Thursday night and still can't get in the top 3.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: fann07 on October 25, 2015, 01:10:59 am
1. Guy Perkins
2. County Line
3. Bay

Emerson just beat county line on a neutral court by 17 after beating Kirby on Thursday night and still can't get in the top 3.

They can get in my top 3

Moonshiner

Quote from: fann07 on October 25, 2015, 01:10:59 am
1. Guy Perkins
2. County Line
3. Bay

Sorry.  Didn't know that.

1.  Guy
2.  Emerson
3.  Bay

Ballhearts

Catfish

I am biased but i really think Concord will shock some people this year. Beat an athletic WCC team, and beat a pretty decent MVE team last week. I believe they played at Norfork last night and lost by 3. Not sure who they play on tuesday, but i do know they travel to Guy on Friday. I guess we will see how they stack up against them. I plan on being there for that one.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 25, 2015, 01:38:30 pm
Who would be the 4 and 5?

Don't overlook Nevada...they have everyone back from last year except the point guard, a year of experience for some pretty decent sophs, and they played Bay even for a half last year....their coaching may seem iffy at times, but they are very athletic....Region 4 looks to be very tough again this year, with Kirby, Emerson, Nevada, Acorn, and improved Trinity Christian....I believe Caddo Hills had some pretty good 9th graders move up.

TuneSquad

I really think that the playing field is wide open this year in 1A. Yes there might be one or two teams with a little more talent than the rest, but for the most part i think everyone is pretty even.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 25, 2015, 02:58:05 pm
Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 25, 2015, 01:38:30 pm
Who would be the 4 and 5?

Don't overlook Nevada...they have everyone back from last year except the point guard, a year of experience for some pretty decent sophs, and they played Bay even for a half last year....their coaching may seem iffy at times, but they are very athletic....Region 4 looks to be very tough again this year, with Kirby, Emerson, Nevada, Acorn, and improved Trinity Christian....I believe Caddo Hills had some pretty good 9th graders move up.

Nevada lost 2 I believe. #12 and #15 who was a Stephens transfer. They'll be good but those were their 2 top scorers everytime they played Emerson last year. Honestly Kirby is down from where they've been the last 3-4 years. Still fundamentally sound just lack a lot of experience and are pretty small even for 1a. 2 big boys.. Whisenhunt is really good and the other is young but good. They'll be there in the end for sure. Acorn loses Sky Jackson and the big #12 also I believe. And I heard Coach Jackson was only coaching girls. Emerson plays Caddo Hills Tuesday. The region is wide open in my opinion. Someone like Bradley could sneak in. You know their coach will get them in line lol

Ballhearts

What about Shirley they played bad game against navada and still only lost by 2 ? And how's Emerson been so far

ballmember

Guy Perkins best I have seen in this short season.  Who do you stop, ?   Bay tried to box n one Ballard first half, not good.   They have too many that can score and was shooting really well.  Cant coach quickness, like they have.    I am not from Guy just make my personal observations;  Dont see how Bay will be able to defense their quickness when and if they meet again.     Saw Nevada just once but question how easily they can score;  Shirley did not shoot well and too many thumbs and still stayed within 2.   Shirley will improve.

I think Concord will improve also.   Shirley, Concord and Guy will all be in same region

yesteryearman

Quote from: ballmember on October 25, 2015, 05:44:26 pm
Guy Perkins best I have seen in this short season.  Who do you stop, ?   Bay tried to box n one Ballard first half, not good.   They have too many that can score and was shooting really well.  Cant coach quickness, like they have.    I am not from Guy just make my personal observations;  Dont see how Bay will be able to defense their quickness when and if they meet again.     Saw Nevada just once but question how easily they can score;  Shirley did not shoot well and too many thumbs and still stayed within 2.   Shirley will improve.

I think Concord will improve also.   Shirley, Concord and Guy will all be in same region

I'm still amazed that Guy could get this good that quickly, in that they have beaten Bay once, and according to this post, could very well beat them again if/when they play.

FreeMoney

Well it ain't with homegrown kids but then it never has been now has it!!!

Bballer20

Know any thing about acorn this year?

Basketballfan13

Baller_34

I think Izard County might have a shot to knock Bay out of that region

yesteryearman

Quote from: FreeMoney on October 25, 2015, 10:07:14 pm
Well it ain't with homegrown kids but then it never has been now has it!!!

OK, anyone who saw Guy play last year and has seen them this year, how many new starters or contributors do they have this year?  Of those, how many were on junior team last year, or were non-starters on last years team......thus, how many new starters/contributors do they have this year, who were not in the program last year and where did they come from?

Ballhearts

Is there really a team in class a that hasn't had move inthis year and are still good ? Bc this is worst I've seen it. So many teams have move ins this year guy concord west side bay all teams have had move ins who hasn't had move ins and are still good

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas