• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what's so great about dierks this year?

Started by gmac, May 14, 2006, 10:16:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmac

would like to here some real information

RazorWall

GREAT QB, WR, DE, 2 CB's, LB, C, Descent RB, TE, Amazing Coach, and assistant Coaches. The entire community is behind them.

RisonRacingFan

Dierks is strong.Have been the past few year's.If they keep it up,they will have a championship soon.It could easily be Dierks vs Junction City for the Championship this year,given they are on the opposite side of the bracket's.

hornets23byers

Judge they do have spell check on here. dang how did u win the howard county spelling bee.. Descent is decent..  dang boy

RazorWall

hornets23byers

its all good heck you won the spelling bee thats all the counts lol

RazorWall

so is that another Championship that Dierks has that MS doesn't have 1 to match?

RazorWall

But hey, if the only thing you can mouth me about is mis-spelling 1 word out of like 120 post, then you must think Dierks is going to be pretty good in '06

hornets23byers

Dierks will be good dont get me wrong but you still have to face the whole 7aa west just like every team in the conference.. Every team is good am i right, they start out undefeated......

RazorWall

They also start out winless, but every team is good. Dierks will be the best though...mark it down

hornets23byers

Well yall wouldnt have ever touched us when I played never.. Face it.. Plus the competition is alot less than what it use to be. When i was at mineral our whole line was close to 300 all the way across.. There is none of that anymore.. Our whole line went to UAPB. In class AA there is none of it. Noone is that big anymore.. THe competition level is way down from where it use to be..

mrgrogan

Whoa...slow up there fat boy.....back in the 60's Dierks was the powerhouse in Arkansas, and their line averaged 160-180....and i am guessing that they could've whipped your fat guys' @$$e$...;)

RazorWall

May 16, 2006, 12:00:27 am #12 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:03:30 am by The Judge
We did beat smackover that had 2 guys over 300 lbs, and the best RB in AA football last year, We also beat LR Episcopal that had the biggest lineman in AA (right around 350) There's not many ppl in the NFL that are bigger than him. We beat Gurdon which was huge across the line. Jerome Pollins was 6'4 and 290 and we had no trouble out of him. Fat ppl on the line didn't bother us. Its not about the size, its about the want 2, and the technique. That just shows how much you know about football, if you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd know that size isn't all its cracked up 2 be. I don't think we would have had much trouble w/ you and your fruit flys

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: hornets23byers on May 15, 2006, 11:30:22 pm
Well yall wouldnt have ever touched us when I played never.. Face it.. Plus the competition is alot less than what it use to be. When i was at mineral our whole line was close to 300 all the way across.. There is none of that anymore.. Our whole line went to UAPB. In class AA there is none of it. Noone is that big anymore.. THe competition level is way down from where it use to be..

UAPB...Thats a MAJOR accomplishment there!

hornets23byers

Ya UAPB sucked but well they got full rides better than some in AA football...All the dierks boys quit at henderson, except for one..

RisonRacingFan

Yeah..but bragging about playing football at UAPB would be about like bragging about running across I-30 in a drunken stupor and making it..yeah people may notice,but they're gonna be laughing thier butts off at you the whole time.

Miner

That is the norm for Glen Rose.  They run drunk across Highway 67.  They do that because there is nothing else to do.  It's not like they can play football or anything.

RazorWall

Quote from: Rison Tradition on May 16, 2006, 12:36:49 am
Yeah..but bragging about playing football at UAPB would be about like bragging about running across I-30 in a drunken stupor and making it..yeah people may notice,but they're gonna be laughing thier butts off at you the whole time.

ROTFLMAO...Nice analogy...(Byers) An analogy is comparison of 2 similar like things. I knew you wouldn't understand unless I explained it

hornets23byers

Episcopal had one guy that was 260 6ft 1 kenny branson. and he didnt even play hardly.. Smackover didnt have 2 guys over 300. Remember we played them..  YOu guys aren't any fun to mess with. I guess its because you are still young, its all good because football is in your blood now and u have something to be proud of like most dierks football players that cant.. Really i thought your 2004 team was alot better and if they was the ones playing last year at state yall would have one.. Nava is one heck of a player and if your line wasnt so slow he could be a heck of a player, but speed does hurt yall when its you are being rushed and put to a test every play.. No doubt you had a great team but your lineman blew it for you... Not ur defense or nothing else but your lineman..

RazorWall

The Episcopal lineman I was referring to was William Topp that is listed in Hootens at 6'1 330. I'm sure he was a little bit heavier by the time we played them. I always seemed to gain weight during the season...I'm sure a boy like him did as well. Kenny Branson was listed at 6 '3 265 lbs. I didn't remember him, but hes not a small boy either.

Now on Smackover

Corbin Frazier 6'2 295
Fred Minor 5'10 280....This is just what they are listed in Hootens, and all I have to go by. I don't guess I was like you and weighed them before the football game.

hornets23byers

William topp wasnt in their program that is where i looked didnt have him listed..

RazorWall

May 16, 2006, 05:33:00 pm #21 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:34:37 pm by The Judge
Must have been a typo I remember playing against the kid, he was HUGE. I think channel 7 had a small special on him a few weeks back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas