• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Wasn't This The Guy..........

Started by Leopard_Roar, April 03, 2006, 02:23:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopard_Roar

that slammed the 7AA East and then got skull drug by Smackover......Saw this on the AAA Board and just thought some of the 7AA East fans would like to know this guys e mail address.....hehehehehehe

3/2/06  Des Arc could possibly be looking for a 1st week opponent of the 2006 football season.  For more information call Coach Tim Harper (870) 703-4711 or e-mail @ coachpreacher@yahoo.com

The-Bookie

Oh, that is sooooo wrong.

Hey, send him the video again ;D

amehr36

If only JC could start them out with a loss...

LoneStar

Is this Tim Harper a former coach/teacher @ Mineral Springs?

Bleedgreen

??? Did Mineral Springs have a coach Tim Harper?  Was he head coach or an assistant?  Our Tim Harper won more games last season than he has over his entire head coaching career.  It would be pretty suprising to find out that he was associated with a winning program. ;D  Yall go light on him, he's all we got. 8)

big E

He was just young people he will learn as his success grows.

The-Bookie

I don't fault him for what he said if he actually meant it.  I hate all of the politically correct BS that goes along with being a public figure.  It says to me "Say what I wanna hear, not what you think".  I actually respect him for what he said.  I just think he is an idiot for believing it.

spoony luv

big E

HE said something to the effect that he was not worried to much about smackover . Or something along those lines.

Bleedgreen

Harper was the coach at Lewisville for about three seasons.  His record was 7-22-1 and they usually finished in the bottom three of the 7AA West.  I think he thought he knew something about football in that part of the state.  But, I guess he was wrong.  Matter of fact I think he thinks he knows something about football period, I guess he's wrong.  He is learning though and in another five or ten years he'll be a pretty good preacher. ;D

LoneStar

Quote from: Bleedgreen on April 13, 2006, 04:42:58 pm
Harper was the coach at Lewisville for about three seasons. 

That's him!  He was @ MS before Lewisville as an assistant. 

Bleedgreen

OverandOut

Hey Bleed Green it sounds like you must think your Frank McClellan or something.  The program that Harper inherited at Lewisville was terrible.  They had lost 30 games in a row before he got there.  The junior high had lost 24.  The closest thing to a win they had was a tie with Woodlawn.  The senior program was one point  from the playoffs in only his second year.  The junior high went 5-3. 6-2, and 5-3.  He was only there 3 years. 
Des Arc had only three starters back his first year there, and the 6AA was arguably the toughest conference that year.  The program has won 2 junior championships and finished 10-2 this season, something that hasn't happened since 1976.  So give him his time and back off or call him and tell him what is on your mind.  You have his number and his e-mail, or is it easier to get on here and pop off. 

Bleedgreen

April 15, 2006, 09:48:39 pm #13 Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 09:11:09 am by Bleedgreen
He knows what I think of him.  The team he inherited was probably the most talented team there has been here since 1976.  They might have been young but they were not young when they were Srs.  And you don't have to be Papa Bear to know you run at speed not away, and you don't try to pass with a less than great passing QB, against a secondary like Smackover had.  Sure the Eagles went 10-2 but it wasn't because of their offensive gameplan.  They won games on defense and with talented players on offense.  And you're right 5 of his wins did come in the second year.  I'm not saying he is a bad coach, just a little hard and hot headed.  I do think that the Eagles will do very well this season and like I said before he's all we got.  Plus any coach worth his salt knows players win games and coaches lose them.  So don't put his short coming off on the players at Lewisville.  Coach Harper will learn more and more as he goes along, I bet this past year he learned to watch what you say to the press, on or off the record.  If I have made a false statement tell me which one and I'll retract it.  Coach Buckner came in and changed the program around and went 5-5, finished 3rd in conference and made the playoffs.  But the next year he dropped the single wing and went to the multiple T and went 9-3, still only 3rd in the conference.  The next year he went 7-4, 3rd.  The terrible team Harper inherited had Cord Earle, Andy Childers, Marcus Taylor, Lincoln Dunlap, Royce Brown, Dallas Wiggins, Adam Dahl, Stuart VanHouten, Chad Stallings, Jordan Calhoun, Tyler and Josh Thornton, and Ben Eans.  They were picked to finish 3rd and finished 7th and went 2-7.  My grandpa used to say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but Coach Harper just had to fix it, and his reason was because he wasn't Coach Buckner.  I'll give him this he stuck by his guns and it's paying off now, but why throw away two seasons?  I'm not popping off just stating facts as I know them.  Like I said show me where I'm wrong and I'll admit it.

big E

I watched a Des arc game the first year Harper was there it was against PW . THEY had some big ole boys on that team,just didn't have much speed that I can remember. The next year they could have beaten anyone in the 3aa by 2 touchdowns but the 6aa was loaded 3of the 4 playoff teams made it to the quarter finals.I don't think it was the coaches fault ,so you cant call those waisted years in my opinion .

Bleedgreen

April 18, 2006, 06:35:00 pm #15 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:40:34 pm by Bleedgreen
  Let me make this clear, Coach Harper is a good coach, he runs his system very well.  I have questioned his offensive play calling/game plan.  I don't feel that he is a good offensive coach.  Coach Harper is hot headed, hard headed and sometimes don't make real good decisions, i.e. running his mouth about the teams in the southern part of this state.  As for his first couple of years at DA his players didn't buy into his system, he came in and changed the offense and made some position changes that were not accepted.  Those kids had run their offense since Jr High and beat everybody that came along.  When asked why he changed it he replied because he was not coach Buckner.  (hard headed)  Like I said before if it ain't broke don't fix it.  That team could have ran all over the 9-2 team and the team from last season, if they ran their offense.  I gave Larkin heck when he was coach here, but I think he is a fine coach, he coached under L. Sutton and I knew that he would improve.  Coach Harper is gonna have a very good team this next season and has established his system.  But teams that can stop his limited offense will beat them, (Smackover and Harding last year) ;)   post script:  I really like Tim Harper, he's a good man. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas