• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early, EARLY 2006 conference predictions!

Started by Riktors, March 09, 2006, 03:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Riktors

2A - 3
Augusta
Cross County
Marked Tree
McCrory
Rector
Walnut Ridge

Winner:  Cross County
2nd:  Marked Tree

2A - 4
Decatur
Hackett
Hartford
JD Leftwich - Magazine
Western Yell
Westside, JC

I predict that this conference might not win a game in the non-conference schedule and that it won't matter a bit in the state finals.  I also predict that it will have a riveting playoff race between teams who couldn't win a pillow fight against blind parapalegic toddlers.

2A - 5
Bigelow
Cutter Morning Star
Danville
Jessieville
Mountain Pine
Ola

Winner:  Jessieville
2nd:  Danville

2A - 6
Carlisle
Clarendon
Des Arc
Earle
Hazen
Palestine-Wheatley

Winner:  Des Arc
2nd:  Hazen

2A - 7 West
Dierks
Foreman
Mineral Springs
Mount Ida
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill

Winner:  Mineral Springs
2nd:  Dierks

2A - 7 East
Bearden
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Strong

Winner:  Junction City
2nd:  Norphlet

2A - 8
Altheimer
Dermott
Elaine
Eudora
Gillett
Marvel
Woodlawn

Winner:  Gillett
2nd:  Eudora

Preseason top 5: 

1.  Junction City
2.  Jessieville
3.  Mineral Springs
4.  Cross County
5.  Dierks

Riktors

Keep in mind that at this point I have little idea of what most teams have coming back or knowledge of incoming freshman classes, other than the fact that Junction's got a great one.

whoknows

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: Riktors on March 09, 2006, 03:48:48 pm

2A - 8
Altheimer
Dermott
Elaine
Eudora
Gillett
Marvel
Woodlawn

Winner: Gillett
2nd: Eudora

There won't be a Eudora next year, they're all going to Lake Village. :(

amehr36

Good job Riktors.  I think Dierks should be number 2 and CC number 3 though.

mattp_68

I see Marked Tree winning the 3AA conference next year CC coming in second and move Dierks to 3 Marked Tree to 4 and CC to 5 then it will be perfect...otherwise...great job

HorseFeathers

Are 4 teams going to make the playoffs in AA this yr? If so then 4aa will be competing to see if they can become the first conference to have all 4 of their playoff teams finish outside of Hooten's top 25

Bleedgreen

You da man Riktors.  But, if Earle is as good as expected they will push DA for 1st in 6-2A.
My prediction for the conference:

Des Arc
Earle
Clarendon
Hazen
Carlisle
P/W

The-Bookie

Des Arc still has that shifty QB coming back but what about the running back (32 I think) and the big linemen?

Bleedgreen

The QB will be back, the RB is a Sr and so are most of the linemen.  DA will be smaller (and quicker) in 06 and there is a freshman running back that may be pretty good.  Plus there are two returning RB's that didn't get to carry the ball much last year, both are very capable.

razorbacks82007

marked tree returns everything on offense except the full back and startin receiver.. on defense we lose one lineman and one D-back.. so we are lookin pretty good for next year

Lions84

Quote from: Bleedgreen on March 12, 2006, 08:51:02 am
You da man Riktors.  But, if Earle is as good as expected they will push DA for 1st in 6-2A.

Des Arc
Earle
Clarendon
Hazen
Carlisle
P/W

I agree  DA should win it and Earle and Clarendon will battle for 2nd

fos4545

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on March 09, 2006, 05:22:08 pm

2A - 8
Altheimer
Dermott
Elaine
Eudora
Gillett
Marvel
Woodlawn

And Elaine is going to Marvell... that means 4 out of 5 teams are going to make the playoffs!  Crazy, crazy, crazy... and Marvell + Elaine could equal the best team in the conference, if those two teams can come together properly... their size might even make them a 3A team in the near future.

thecoolguy1979

2A - 3
Augusta
Cross County
Marked Tree
McCrory
Rector
Walnut Ridge

Winner: Cross County
2nd: Marked Tree

2A - 4
Decatur
Hackett
Hartford
JD Leftwich - Magazine
Western Yell
Westside, JC

I predict that this conference might not win a game in the non-conference schedule and that it won't matter a bit in the state finals. I also predict that it will have a riveting playoff race between teams who couldn't win a pillow fight against blind parapalegic toddlers.

2A - 5
Bigelow
Cutter Morning Star
Danville
Jessieville
Mountain Pine
Ola

Winner: Jessieville
2nd: Danville

2A - 6
Carlisle
Clarendon
Des Arc
Earle
Hazen
Palestine-Wheatley

Winner: Des Arc
2nd: Hazen

2A - 7 West
Dierks
Foreman
Mineral Springs
Mount Ida
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill

Winner: Mineral Springs
2nd: Dierks

2A - 7 East
Bearden
Hampton
Hermitage
Junction City
Norphlet
Parkers Chapel
Strong

Winner: Junction City
2nd: Norphlet

2A - 8
Altheimer
Dermott
Elaine
Eudora
Gillett
Marvel
Woodlawn

Preseason top 5:

1. Junction City
2. Jessieville
3. Mineral Springs
4. Cross County
5. Dierks

preseason looks good  just move cc up a couple of spots to 2nd     

thecoolguy1979

Quote from: Indians2004VIP68 on March 10, 2006, 11:38:06 am
I see Marked Tree winning the 3AA conference next year CC coming in second and move Dierks to 3 Marked Tree to 4 and CC to 5 then it will be perfect...otherwise...great job

yah right   cc 1st  then mt or mccrory 2nd      get ur head right

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: fos4545 on March 14, 2006, 09:45:12 am
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on March 09, 2006, 05:22:08 pm

2A - 8
Altheimer
Dermott
Elaine
Eudora
Gillett
Marvel
Woodlawn

And Elaine is going to Marvell... that means 4 out of 5 teams are going to make the playoffs! Crazy, crazy, crazy... and Marvell + Elaine could equal the best team in the conference, if those two teams can come together properly... their size might even make them a 3A team in the near future.

Marvell could easily make the playoffs next year, but if they actually win their conference, several people around the state may have a heart attack. BTW, there are other teams in the 8AA in danger of consolidating, like rumors have flown about Gillett going to DeWitt, and Altheimer shutting down (not entirely sure where they'd go). If there ends up being three teams in the conference, what will happen in the playoffs? Will someone get a bye from not having a fourth seed to play? This could get more ridiculous than it already is....

deep purple

Ola has a really good chance at finishing 1st or 2nd this year

rattler06

still WAY 2 EARLY to make predictions... things can change a WHOLE lot over one summer...

bearpapa

Quote from: RISON WILDCATS #1!!! on March 15, 2006, 08:23:10 pm
Dont count Woodlawn out...With Coach Marion Glover ..once he gets his program established they will be good.

Woodlawn should do OK, if they can find a QB.  The kid coming up from JR. High isn't tough enough & will stay hurt.  Every time he made a bad throw or fumbled away the ball.  He would lay on the field hurt.  They won't have the speed next year they had with Slater.  But will have a couple of hard nosed running back toting the mail.  I heard they were finally playing 7 on 7 ball this summer.  So that should help alot.  Coach Glover will have them ready & now they've hired Coach Barraclough to help him.  Should be fun

wildcat_x-mgr

Who's Coach Barraclough? Someone fill me in.

wildcat_x-mgr

Wow, congrats to them, and good luck for next season! (except for week 2!)

mattp_68

all of this coming from a nice...hot..steaming plate of thunderchicken ;D

big E

1. Earle (speed,speed,speed)
2. Des arc (will be hungry after last year)
3. Hazen (not enough speed to compete)
4. Carlisle (should be back with good 10th grade class)
5. Clarendon ( lost to much to contend for playoff spot)
6. P W ( the kids are there to compete but the coaches aren't)

all knowing

Good job with all the picks, and looks like a good pre-season top five.  I bet hootens will look alot like this, but I think Mt. Ida will pull the two spot in 7aaw.

WCD

I think 2A-6 will have Des Arc and Earle fighting for the # 1 slot. I want to give the edge to DA but you Eagles should now that ole Wildcat_Dad ;D believes it will be the game of the season for both teams. You have a great QB and they have a great sophomore RB. Who ever can control that one player, IMO will win the game.

Hazen will be hanging right around #2 or #3 as well. If anyone overlooks them they could find themselves on the losing side of the scoreboard.

While I have no longer a dog in the hunt I will be keeping watch on the 2A-6 conference. I hope that McCrory has a great season in 2006.

Best wishes to all teams!

Wildcat_Dad ;D

Lord Infamous™

I see Junction City winning lots of state championships now that they took away all the competition.

razorbacks82007

earle is not as good as yall are makin them out to be... yea they are fast, but when are they not... with there offense, it is very obvious where they are goin with the ball at all times.. all u have to do is hit them hard early in the game and they fold and start fightin with each other...

big E

NO body likes to defend the single wing . Hughes caused all kinds of problems with it ,so will earle.

razorbacks82007

earle does not run the single wing like hughes.. hughes executes it 10 times better than earle.. and personally i liked defending earles single wing, just because it was so easy to see where the ball was goin

all knowing

Quote from: big E on March 27, 2006, 02:23:51 pm
NO body likes to defend the single wing . Hughes caused all kinds of problems with it ,so will earle.

Hughes ever win a state championship with the single wing???  Enough said.

amehr36

We always loved defending the single wing cause it SUCKED.

The-Bookie

Yeah, all you have to do to defend it is learn how to dive on a fumble ;D

big E

I guess we will have to wait and see , just let me know how crow tastes.

Lions84

Burto

The Champion will come out of 7AAWest  or 7AAEast. The strongest conference will be 7AAWest......but they will beat up on each other.......Weakest conference will be 4AA

doniarebel64

Looks good Riktos.  You have Norphlet a little to high, but overall good job.  As for the playoffs, someone asked a question in the earlier posts about how many teams still go. I believe it is still four from a conference, but this year some teams will recieve byes to balance things out.

Riktors

Quote from: doniarebel64 on March 31, 2006, 08:06:42 pm
Looks good Riktos. You have Norphlet a little to high, but overall good job. As for the playoffs, someone asked a question in the earlier posts about how many teams still go. I believe it is still four from a conference, but this year some teams will recieve byes to balance things out.

Just how in the heck do I have Norphlet a little too high?

Explain to me how another team in the conference is going to beat them?

Norphlet has the best QB in the conference and the best WR.  Their line will improve and they have one of the best linebackers in the conference.  Junction isn't a lock to win the conference this year, just about a 75% likelihood.

wrfootballrb

Everyone is looking over Walnut Ridge in the 3AA there gonna be bigger and stronger next year just wait and see everyone is counting them out and im afraid they might spoil some of your predictions

WCD

Des Arc
Earle
Clarendon
Hazen
Carlisle
P/W

I believe this is a more realistic fallout of the 2A-6 conference. Des Arc has a very good QB and he will be tough to stop.  While they will be smaller, I believe that can help them if they play smart. HA was smaller last year and still was able to beat many teams.  Look for DA to be right up there in the top.

Clarendon and Earle will be in a dogfight to claim 2-3. I was impressed with the speed of Earle. They will have a good running game is all the players return healthy.

Wildcat_Dad ;D

Bleedgreen

Quote from: Wildcat_Dad on April 12, 2006, 09:33:29 pm

Des Arc
Earle
Clarendon
Hazen
Carlisle
P/W

I believe this is a more realistic fallout of the 2A-6 conference. Des Arc has a very good QB and he will be tough to stop.  While they will be smaller, I believe that can help them if they play smart. HA was smaller last year and still was able to beat many teams.

Wildcat_Dad ;D
Thanks WCD, but DA don't run the spread, ;D so smaller may be a bad thing. ::) I only hope everybody keeps thinking Dahl is all we have. 8)

Woodlawn#1

8AA:

1.Woodlawn
2. Gillett
3. Dermott
4. Marvell
5. Altheimer

Bleedgreen

Hey all but one of those schools were in the 6AA at one time or another.  You folks best watch out for those Mustang/Panthers.

Missco

I predict that if all the Elaine players go to Marvell that they will finish 2ND in the 8AA.

mrkingark

Don't count them "Thunderchicks Out"...Beat Marked Tree, How many years in a row? (3), handled Earle, and Hughes Single wing.......Rison won't be in their way any longer........

mrkingark

Quote from: razorbacks82007 on March 13, 2006, 06:55:11 pm
marked tree returns everything on offense except the full back and startin receiver.. on defense we lose one lineman and one D-back.. so we are lookin pretty good for next year

After watching Cross County destroy MT ....It really doesn't matter what ya got coming back....because it ain't very good

razorbacks82007

ok well we will just have to wait and see when the time comes then wont we?  ive said it before and ill say it again.. last year means nothin.. the media attention and crap like that went to our heads and played like crap..  it will not happen again.

big E

Maybe Cross County can finally win an outwright conference title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas