• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel football ?

Started by MrThunder2004, January 31, 2006, 10:42:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

I always thought the same thing.   With as many students and with those facilities Eldo SHOULD be and SHOULD have been a powerhouse.   They would have teams that were good from time to time. .....but to tell you the truth 8 wins is not saying a whole lot.   I am not trying to dog on Eldo.....not in the least ......I am just trying to figure out why they are not at or near the top of the district and in the top 10 every year.     In my opinion Eldorado is a sleeping giant and it is gonna take the right coach.   Preferably someone young who is not to many years out of college who can shake the whole thing up.    Someone (not saying him) like Bo from Warren.   Whole new attitude both in and out of the weight room.   New offensive system..........new everything.    For that to happen though your going to need some major changes in the administration and I don't see that happening.  There is "ONE" guy in charge of all of those programs and he wants to have his nose in every single on of them.  He will not allow a "shake up" to take place.....and frankly till he is gone you will see Eldorado continue to languish like that have been.   They might have a decent team every now and then......but most years they will be a below average district team.    Of course now with this whole 7A crap they will make state every year with a 2-8 or 3-7 record and folks will think they have done something.   The "power" that is in charge will have ammunition to stay in charge.

mastermind10

the original question was whether pc would be any good.  i don't think it matters how good or how bad they are; everyone who plays them will be ready to knock them on their arrogant butts.  so many times i've heard condescending remarks from pc'ers and wished they played football.  now expect payback.  officials don't call touch fouls in football

Stevo50

Quote from: mastermind10 on February 21, 2006, 12:27:41 pm
the original question was whether pc would be any good. i don't think it matters how good or how bad they are; everyone who plays them will be ready to knock them on their arrogant butts. so many times i've heard condescending remarks from pc'ers and wished they played football. now expect payback. officials don't call touch fouls in football

thats the funny thing about PC that I never understood.  A lot of people think that PC is a bunch of rich arrogant snobs.  Its really just a small country spot in the road (like most of AR) that started growing like a weed 20 years ago.  And now alot of parents who don't want their kids going to Eldo have moved there.  Can you blame them?  It is a lot of middle class, some upper, and also some of the most backwards redneck people in AR live there.   I would say there is just as many single wide trailers in PC as there is avg size homes.  - again just like most of the state.
I went there and I missed out on playing football.  I think every guy wants the opportunity to play.  PC just has not been big enough to support a football team until about 10 yrs ago.  Thats when they should have started it.  Good luck to all!

Juice-Man

PC has their share of "rednecks" but not near as many as the rest of AR.  They have like a 50 to 1 ratio.  50 being the snobs.  Yes they are snobs.  Every person I've met from PC had their nose higher than the water tower.

Back to the El Dog subject, I very much agree with you Wilson.  They're a ticking time bomb.  They've just been ticking for the last century.  They need a coach who can start from the beginning by teaching them the fundamentals then working his way up.  One of my friends graduated in '74 from El Dog and he follows every season; he said El Do has never really been good because their coach would never crack the whip.

kav

El Dorado has never had a good coach or team and probably won't because of two simple reasons: parents and administration. When I attended El Dorado what determined whether you were a starter or not at the skill positions was who your parents were and how often they had the coach over for dinner. There were a few exceptions but by and large that was the rule. You have too many people with their fingers in the pie trying to get their kid this or that and an administration that kowtows to them. To quote something my chemistry teacher and a math teacher told me several years after graduation "You were always a good student, it always bugged me that you made a good grade but <startingqb>, <startinglb>,<startinglb>,<startingrb> got their grades handed to them. They all had F's in my class but the administration told me to either give them B's or my contract would not be renewed."

That right there is why El Dorado will never be very good.

MrThunder2004

Quote from: kav on February 22, 2006, 11:50:56 am
El Dorado has never had a good coach or team and probably won't because of two simple reasons: parents and administration. When I attended El Dorado what determined whether you were a starter or not at the skill positions was who your parents were and how often they had the coach over for dinner. There were a few exceptions but by and large that was the rule. You have too many people with their fingers in the pie trying to get their kid this or that and an administration that kowtows to them. To quote something my chemistry teacher and a math teacher told me several years after graduation "You were always a good student, it always bugged me that you made a good grade but , ,, got their grades handed to them. They all had F's in my class but the administration told me to either give them B's or my contract would not be renewed."

What in the heck ?!?!

Scooter Register was head coach from 1995 to 2003.  He lead El Dorado to two conference titles 1998, 2000. Led El Dorado to the 5A state championship in 2001. We did what any other team couldn't do. We lost 6 games in 2001. We didn't give up we still made it to the state championship game. Can you say that ?  Maybe not.

El Dorado has had a lot of good teams that came through.

If you knew something about it. You would know. If Coach Register was still here in El Dorado, you wouldn't be saying crap like this.

El Dorado has had a couple bad years since 2003 when  Register left.

Jeff Williams was head coach in 2003 and he resigned in 2005.

amehr36

So basically, you think losing 6 games and then LOSING in the championship game qualifies as being good.... if thats what El Dorado considers good...no wonder they dont ever do much.

kav

For once I agree with Amehr. I do know a bit about Register since I attended EHS while he coached there. The teams were really never more than slightly above average but mostly they were just mediocre. During the time that we were winning those conference titles the conference was a complete joke.

amehr36

Thanks kav...that means alot to me  ;D

The-Bookie

QuoteIt would be something if Parkers Chapel make the playoffs in 2006, but who knows what will happen. I talked to couple of people around the area. They saying that Parkers Chapel football team is going be like how west-side was. I agree with them because Parkers Chapel don't really know that much about football here it is 2006, and just now starting to field football teams. If they would had started a football team in the 70's or 80's they would be a good football team right about now. It will take time to build a football program, its not going to form over night. Only time will tell about this PC football program. What are they going make of it.
This is some of the best sand bagging I have ever seen and I have been around for a while.  These kids have played football since they were in the 7th grade which happens to be when I started playing and I played for Norphlet :-\  Spring Hill did it in their first couple season so it's up to the coaching staff and talent pool at PC...Not tradition.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: kav on February 22, 2006, 11:50:56 am
El Dorado has never had a good coach or team and probably won't because of two simple reasons: parents and administration. When I attended El Dorado what determined whether you were a starter or not at the skill positions was who your parents were and how often they had the coach over for dinner. There were a few exceptions but by and large that was the rule. You have too many people with their fingers in the pie trying to get their kid this or that and an administration that kowtows to them. To quote something my chemistry teacher and a math teacher told me several years after graduation "You were always a good student, it always bugged me that you made a good grade but , ,, got their grades handed to them. They all had F's in my class but the administration told me to either give them B's or my contract would not be renewed."

I think that you are a giver of misinformation. I know Mr Strange, anyone that knows him would tell you that he would never tell a student that other students were given grades. Please reveal this math teacher and we will ask her if she was pressured by "the higher ups" to give grades. On the contrary, ED has had a severe problem with top football players not being academically eligible. My son had three of his friends, who were starters in 2004, were ineligible last season. That probably cost them a couple of games alone. Half of the defense lives in my neighborhood and work out at my gym, severall of them have given accounts of trying to make up homework and they were declined. Next time you make an accusation like that, please be able to give names and quotes. I will investigate and substantiate such claims. If I am wrong, I will report back and admit it.

Your opinion on ED's performance on the field is your opinion. The reasons for ED's performance have been discused a million times on the 5A board last fall. I have always maintained that 3 differant coaches in four years is hard on any team. I will bet you a c-note that ED will be in the top 10 for the next three years. Coach Grey has learned from his mistakes and that will add three victories to the win column alone.
Oh yea, how many black kids from any sport do you think will transfer to PC. I bet none. I will also bet you that none of the white athletes will be granted special wavers to transfer to PC.

Juice-Man

Quote from: The-Bookie on February 23, 2006, 11:39:22 pm
QuoteIt would be something if Parkers Chapel make the playoffs in 2006, but who knows what will happen. I talked to couple of people around the area. They saying that Parkers Chapel football team is going be like how west-side was. I agree with them because Parkers Chapel don't really know that much about football here it is 2006, and just now starting to field football teams. If they would had started a football team in the 70's or 80's they would be a good football team right about now. It will take time to build a football program, its not going to form over night. Only time will tell about this PC football program. What are they going make of it.
This is some of the best sand bagging I have ever seen and I have been around for a while.  These kids have played football since they were in the 7th grade which happens to be when I started playing and I played for Norphlet :-\  Spring Hill did it in their first couple season so it's up to the coaching staff and talent pool at PC...Not tradition.
YESS!!!!!!!!  My boy Bookie is back!!!!  Long time no see pimpin.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: amehr36 on February 23, 2006, 01:32:52 pm
So basically, you think losing 6 games and then LOSING in the championship game qualifies as being good.... if thats what El Dorado considers good...no wonder they dont ever do much.

I remember that ED went on the road and defeated two top 5 teams to get to the finals. I remember they lost their three non conference games but I don't remember how many conference games they won. Could someone please tell me. I don't think they lost six games that year, even if you count losing the championship game.

MrThunder2004

February 24, 2006, 11:36:56 am #63 Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:41:07 am by MrThunder2004
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 24, 2006, 11:14:21 am
Quote from: amehr36 on February 23, 2006, 01:32:52 pm

I remember that ED went on the road and defeated two top 5 teams to get to the finals. I remember they lost their three non conference games but I don't remember how many conference games they won. Could someone please tell me. I don't think they lost six games that year, even if you count losing the championship game.

hey xtremewildcat

we went 5-2 in conference play

L to Ft. Smith
L to Tlayor lee, tx
L to Lr Central
We Beat Camden
We Beat Bryant
W beat lake hamilton
W beat Pine bluff
L to benton
W sheridan
L to Texarkana 5A south championship in OT

playoff games

El Dorado beat Mountain home
El Dorado beat russellville
El Dorado beat Ft. Smith
El Dorado lost to Bentonville 5a state championship

we went 5-5 in the season but overall we ended the year at 8-6. We were the second seed out of the south. Its been 5 years and I still remember like it was yesterday.

Slayer

Some of you people have no idea what type of caliber 5A football has. Its very hard to be consistent. What the program needs the most is kids that are willing to be coached. There is a line 50/50 of kids that are dedicated and the other half is a lot of egos. So its tough for the kids to jell together.

xtremewildcat

Thanks for the info. Slayer makes a good point. Look at Springdale. Several years ago, they sucked before Malzaun got there. NS went 1-9 the year before last. SS had several down years even before Lunny left. I don't think you can name a single 5A program, "from the old 5A",  that has been more consistant than ED in the past 10 years. Even Central sucked on and off before they put together those two dominant teams. Remember Little Rock Fair, Pine Bluff, Conway and even Cabot. They are just as inconstant as ED.

The-Bookie

I thought this was about PC.  Who gives a rats buht about El Dorado except for the Dr.s and Lawyers kid that wouldn't be able to come off of the bench at any AA school but manages critical roles for the Wildcats :-\

Stinger

Wilson

February 26, 2006, 11:20:09 am #68 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:21:52 am by Wilson
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 24, 2006, 03:43:12 am

I have always maintained that 3 differant coaches in four years is hard on any team. I will bet you a c-note that ED will be in the top 10 for the next three years. Coach Grey has learned from his mistakes and that will add three victories to the win column alone.

Considering that there will only be 16 teams in 7A next year thats not that big of a deal now is it?.......Kinda like saying I bet a C note that Tuesday follows Monday every week?............Come on and dazzle us with something a little more out on a limb than that.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: The-Bookie on February 25, 2006, 10:11:21 pm
I thought this was about PC. Who gives a rats buht about El Dorado except for the Dr.s and Lawyers kid that wouldn't be able to come off of the bench at any AA school but manages critical roles for the Wildcats :-

If you go back and READ this thread, ED was brought into the picture by people from outside of ED taking pot shots at us. I don't give a rats A#$ about you, PC, or your opinions about ED. I jumped in when that jackball started telling obvious lies about ED. I then called him out to substantiate what he said. He did not. You are correct that this is a 2A  board. You need to school your PC compadres to stay on subject and leave ED out of your post if you don't want to hear from people from ED.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Wilson on February 26, 2006, 11:20:09 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 24, 2006, 03:43:12 am

I have always maintained that 3 differant coaches in four years is hard on any team. I will bet you a c-note that ED will be in the top 10 for the next three years. Coach Grey has learned from his mistakes and that will add three victories to the win column alone.

Considering that there will only be 16 teams in 7A next year thats not that big of a deal now is it?.......Kinda like saying I bet a C note that Tuesday follows Monday every week?............Come on and dazzle us with something a little more out on a limb than that.

I was against the new division, however, I believe ED would have been a top ten team contending for a state championship if they had left things the way they were. All I know is ED will play SS, PB, and that powerhouse from LA, in the preconference. That will tell you if we would have been able to compete on the higher level. Are you saying ED will suck next year or win but if won't mean crap because they are in a watered down division. Hey remember, people said for years that JC was overrated because they were from a weak conference. I always said that all the conferences around the state are the same. One very good team, a couple of decent teams, and several not so good teams. ED will be a very good team for several years in the future. You come up with a measuring stick and I will bet you on that criteria.

Scrapper Superstar

February 27, 2006, 01:13:39 pm #71 Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:15:17 pm by Scrapper Superstar
I thought this was a 2A board?!?!?  ???    What about PC?  ::)

Scrapper Superstar

I checked the 6A board to see if the ED folks were discussing PC on their thread
and they are not.   Hmmmm.   Must be something wrong!   Just idiots from ED on
the wrong thread here, that's it.   What about PC?  ;D

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Scrapper Superstar on February 27, 2006, 01:23:53 pm
I checked the 6A board to see if the ED folks were discussing PC on their thread
and they are not. Hmmmm. Must be something wrong! Just idiots from ED on
the wrong thread here, that's it. What about PC? ;D

If you could read, you would see that we ED people were brought into this conversation. But maybe expecting an idiot like you to read is out of the question. I will make you people a deal. Say nothing about ED, we will not say anything about you. But keep talking about us, expect a response.

snooplaw

Maybe y'all should bring Eldocat into the fracas.  She's a tough, tough ole bird! :)

MrThunder2004

February 27, 2006, 02:51:40 pm #75 Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:55:46 pm by MrThunder2004
Why do El Dorado need to talk about Parkers Chapel for ? Parkers Chapel is not even on the same level as El Dorado. I don't like it when people are sitting around on this board. Don't know jack crap about El Dorado. If you knew something about it, you would know what goes on. Since most of you don't know anything about it. You should just shut up, and stop listening to all the crap you hear on the streets. You can't always believe what you hear. I won't be shocked if some of these people here would believe a crack head. A lot of dumb people in this world, most of them don't have a clue what is really going on.

Hey xtremewildcat,

I know what you mean, I fired back because somebody said El Dorado never had a good coach or a good team.  That just shows you how much they know about the football program in El Dorado. I'm glad I was apart of it. When a coach touches somebody's life like mine, and everybody else on the team. That is a great coach, if he wasn't a great coach. He wouldn't have did the things he did.

You got to watch some of these 2A guys. Most of them are red-necks and stay out in the corn fields for a long time. hahaha

xtremewildcat

I looked back at some of the post that came after the post downing ED. I did not see anyone tell them this was a 2A board and go to the 6A board with your negative comments. It wasn't until I responded to a post that said a person I knew, told him about football players being given grades. I then called him out and challenged him to reveil facts. He has not posted since then. It was when I defended ED that these posters came with the go back to the 6A board. I happen to agree. However, if you make an alligation about us and I know you are lying, expect me to respond. Like I said, I will drop it and go back to being a bystander, just keep us out of your mouth.

amehr36

Well considering my address is actually IN El Dorado, i can honestly say the WildCats are never as good as they should be.

TomThumb

Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 27, 2006, 02:51:40 pm
When a coach touches somebody like me, and everybody else on the team. That is a great coach, if he wasn't a great coach. He wouldn't have did the things he did.

Whoa, Whoa there guy....This isn't the time or place to say what you Eldo guys do in your free time.....And PLEASE don't tell me what he "did".

amehr36

Lions84

I always thought Scooter Register did a great Job with the WildCats.

MrThunder2004

February 28, 2006, 10:51:59 am #81 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:03:17 am by MrThunder2004
Quote from: A-O on February 28, 2006, 01:57:23 am
When a coach touches somebody like me, and everybody else on the team. That is a great coach, if he wasn't a great coach. He wouldn't have did the things he did.

Whoa, Whoa there guy....This isn't the time or place to say what you Eldo guys do in your free time.....And PLEASE don't tell me what he "did".

I dont know what you are thinking. It looks too me you edited some words out. Go back and look at my post and see the date and time when I edited mine post. Look at your post and see when you posted  yours. I wasn't born yesterday. Why don't you drop all this bull crap and get a life. I guess you don't have a life since you come on here and start talking trash, everytime when somebody trys to make a point.

Look at my post, you will see i posted it Yesterday, and edited it.
Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:55:46 PM by MrThunder2004 »

Look at your post. You posted that at  Today at 01:57:23am » on 2/28/06

Who has the dirty mind here ?

I think its you.  Don't edited other people's words and make them sound like they said something else. Don't try to make yourself look good, when your really not that good.

amehr36

Oh my....im glad we cleared that up......

kav

February 28, 2006, 11:25:07 am #83 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:27:36 am by kav
Nevermind, I don't need to give out names of anyone. It doesn't even belong on this board so I'm shutting up about it and you can think what you want.

xtremewildcat

Getting back on topic, I work with a lot of PC people. The rumor is, there are some loyal BB fans that are upset because they blame the new attention on football for the not so good BB season. Is that true what do you people that play PC think?

Juice-Man

Quote from: A-O on February 28, 2006, 01:57:23 am

lol lol lol!!!!!

I can say something about El Dog because at least every year another one of my good friends is on the squad and they even tell me ya'll suck.  You can blab your mouth all you want about El Do "gonna be good" but I know AA teams in Louisiana that would slap you around.  Matter of fact, I think Cedar Creek (Ruston, LA) would give El Do a run for their money.

MrThunder2004

Hey Chamillionaire 

If you want to talk about El Dorado talk about El Dorado on the 6A board. Don't screw up the topic by trying to bring El Dorado in. If you don't have anything to say about PC, than don't say nothing at all.

Since you heard somebody from the El Dorado team said they suck. Its prolly a player that never started a game.

I'm taking it that you are a Junction City fan. Hey, Didn't yall get slap around by Smackover last season ? I think soo, I wouldn't be talking about El Dorado when you don't have a clue about it. Like I said, if you want to talk about El Dorado go on the 6A board and start at topic about El Dorado. OK ?  That goes to the rest of you clowns.

GET BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC. The topic is about Parkers Chapel, Not about El Dorado or any other team.

There is a lot of dumb people on this board.

JCDRAGON0304

Speaking of idiots........slapped around by smackover.....true......but if I remember correctly JC ended their season in the semi's, smackover in the second? round and I think ElDo was at home once again......

MrThunder2004

Quote from: JCDRAGON0304 on February 28, 2006, 04:38:40 pm
Speaking of idiots........slapped around by smackover.....true......but if I remember correctly JC ended their season in the semi's, smackover in the second? round and I think ElDo was at home once again......

You don't have to tell me about El Dorado. I know a lot about El Dorado football. Why sit here and say it over and over when somebody else is been doing it for you.

Like i said before, If you want to make a comment about El Dorado. PLEASE DO IT ON THE 6A BOARD. How hard is that to ask ?

This topic is not about El Dorado. Go back to page 1, and read the main topic question. It don't say anything about El Dorado. It says Parkers Chapel.  If you want to talk about El Dorado do it on the 6A board and not the light weight 2A board.

Thanks Have A Nice Day !!!

kav

I think PC will win 1 maybe 2 games if they are lucky. I also think it will probably affect their baseball team if they are serious about football. But seriously think about it... football>baseball so no real loss.

I'd rather have a mediocre football team than a perennial champion baseball team any day. (Only cause I don't care much for baseball heh).

Wilson

February 28, 2006, 07:20:41 pm #90 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:23:20 pm by Wilson
Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 28, 2006, 04:54:04 pm

You don't have to tell me about El Dorado. I know a lot about El Dorado football. Why sit here and say it over and over when somebody else is been doing it for you.

Like i said before, If you want to make a comment about El Dorado. PLEASE DO IT ON THE 6A BOARD. How hard is that to ask ?

This topic is not about El Dorado. Go back to page 1, and read the main topic question. It don't say anything about El Dorado. It says Parkers Chapel. If you want to talk about El Dorado do it on the 6A board and not the light weight 2A board.

Hey board police.....if you had been on here longer than a month.....or at least had more than a handful of posts you would realize that threads take turns and go in other directions.......it happens all the time......if they deleted all the threads that went in different directions there would not be many threads on here.    The fact of the matter is that the reason Eldorado got brought into this discusion was it has been a well known fact that many parents that had kids attending Eldorado High would in fact have their kids in PC if PC had a football team.   Well guess what ......PC has a football team.   Talk turned to some of these kids eventually ending up in PC......it will happen.    I hate it for you to hear that......but it will.    Just like I am sure a few JC kids might make their way to PC some day in the future......then it went into talk about some of the reasons some of the kids might transfer.........

You want to be the board police go and ask hsv and some of the other mods if you can be a moderator.......you can then then go around to ALL of the boards on here and make knew friends each day with your "message board Nazi" practices.    I am sure all the folks from 7A all the way down to lowly 2A will just love you.   They might even make a new board just so everyone can come on there and post just how much they admire the work you do making sure that the rest of us "common folk" keep on the straight and narrow with our posting .     Or you can do us all a favor and just step away from the keyboard and leave the posting to people who dont get their panties in a bunch over high school football and actually know when someone is pulling their chain and when someone is being serious.(AO's post....... you cant actually think he was serious can you?)   

Realize this..   *********"MESSAGE"*********   Its just a message board ....and 90% of the people on here will never in their lifetime meet the others on here unless they are from the same school or district.     Thus enduth the lesson grasshopper.

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Wilson on February 28, 2006, 07:20:41 pm
Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 28, 2006, 04:54:04 pm

This topic is not about El Dorado. Go back to page 1, and read the main topic question. It don't say anything about El Dorado. It says Parkers Chapel. If you want to talk about El Dorado do it on the 6A board and not the light weight 2A board.

Hey board police.....if you had been on here longer than a month.....or at least had more than a handful of posts you would realize that threads take turns and go in other directions.......it happens all the time......if they deleted all the threads that went in different directions there would not be many threads on here.    The fact of the matter is that the reason Eldorado got brought into this discusion was it has been a well known fact that many parents that had kids attending Eldorado High would in fact have their kids in PC if PC had a football team.   Well guess what ......PC has a football team.   Talk turned to some of these kids eventually ending up in PC......it will happen.    I hate it for you to hear that......but it will.    Just like I am sure a few JC kids might make their way to PC some day in the future......then it went into talk about some of the reasons some of the kids might transfer.........

You want to be the board police go and ask hsv and some of the other mods if you can be a moderator.......you can then then go around to ALL of the boards on here and make knew friends each day with your "message board Nazi" practices.    I am sure all the folks from 7A all the way down to lowly 2A will just love you.   They might even make a new board just so everyone can come on there and post just how much they admire the work you do making sure that the rest of us "common folk" keep on the straight and narrow with our posting .     Or you can do us all a favor and just step away from the keyboard and leave the posting to people who dont get their panties in a bunch over high school football and actually know when someone is pulling their chain and when someone is being serious.(AO's post....... you cant actually think he was serious can you?)   

Realize this..   *********"MESSAGE"*********   Its just a message board ....and 90% of the people on here will never in their lifetime meet the others on here unless they are from the same school or district.     Thus enduth the lesson grasshopper.

o ok.....

amehr36

Or we could just keep speaking truth NO MATTER WHICH BOARD THIS IS and say that EL DORADO SUCKS.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: amehr36 on February 28, 2006, 08:58:11 pm
Or we could just keep speaking truth NO MATTER WHICH BOARD THIS IS and say that EL DORADO SUCKS.

Ok, LOL, please tell me, LOL, what band do you play in. LOL. Oh my stomach hurts.

Wilson

Unless you call the d line that gave up only 93 points in 15 games a band I dont think he played in one. 

I guess you could call them a band of bad mo fo's ;D ;D ;D   

and that ring that sits on his finger would be his grammy ;)

Hey its his opinion.......and its my opinion that they only way Eldo can sniff a state title in anything other than girls golf in the next 5 years is if somehow y'all can convince Coach Fowler to stay with the baseball program.    He is about the only thing that y'all have going for you at this time.     I personally like Butch.  I think he is a heck of a guy.......I am just not sold on him being the guy to lead you to the promised land in football.     Of course it might not take to much to get on a roll and win when all that is in front of you would be 15 other teams......or however many teams are left in that division.     I am just of the theory that they should have cleaned house up there and went with a younger guy who would shake things up.    One of my better friends would be probably y'alls biggest supporters .....heck he supports all Eldo athletics.......I will just say he has the initials MM and was a school board member for many years up there.     I told him this past summer I didn't see Eldo winning 5 games this year because I just think its the same ole same ole up there and that the house should have been cleaned.   Now I respect MM more than anybody I know....and he said Butch was the man for the job.......I disagreed and still do...........and now he owes me a steak dinner.... ;D

amehr36

Thanks Wilson, i believe you covered about everything i could say.... ;D

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Wilson on March 01, 2006, 09:56:06 am
Unless you call the d line that gave up only 93 points in 15 games a band I dont think he played in one.

I guess you could call them a band of bad mo fo's ;D ;D ;D

and that ring that sits on his finger would be his grammy ;)

Hey its his opinion.......and its my opinion that they only way Eldo can sniff a state title in anything other than girls golf in the next 5 years is if somehow y'all can convince Coach Fowler to stay with the baseball program. He is about the only thing that y'all have going for you at this time. I personally like Butch. I think he is a heck of a guy.......I am just not sold on him being the guy to lead you to the promised land in football. Of course it might not take to much to get on a roll and win when all that is in front of you would be 15 other teams......or however many teams are left in that division. I am just of the theory that they should have cleaned house up there and went with a younger guy who would shake things up. One of my better friends would be probably y'alls biggest supporters .....heck he supports all Eldo athletics.......I will just say he has the initials MM and was a school board member for many years up there. I told him this past summer I didn't see Eldo winning 5 games this year because I just think its the same ole same ole up there and that the house should have been cleaned. Now I respect MM more than anybody I know....and he said Butch was the man for the job.......I disagreed and still do...........and now he owes me a steak dinner.... ;D

Everybody said that about Coach Register. He took us to the state championship. What you think don't mean jack $h*!..     Go ahead, you have the right to say what you want to think. Its going be funny when it comes back on you.

Im done messing around these light weight guys on the 2A Board. IF they want to see real action go to class 7A or 6A.

Wilson

guess what putting language on here that is clearly cursing with several letters replaced with # and * will not be well liked by the mods.   You were trying to be the board police earlier and then you come with that pathetic game?......and you call us light weights?........well.....guess I would rather be a fan of a light weight that gets to the semi's every year than a team that gets punked out left and right in the BIG division.      Yall have about as much football history as Mexico...........and you want to talk smack?..........

And nobody  said anything like that about Register..........Register is a good coach.....plain and simple......and he had a sweat deal at Eldo.....and left it..........why you ask?......I will tell you why.   Because at Eldo it is not about who is best playing.....it is about who has the parents that can get in the right persons ear and have his son play.   Eldo has had as much or more talent in the past 10 years as any team at the 5A level.  PERIOD.    and what do they have to show for it?........ZIP....NOTHING.............and they had one of the best coaches in the state.........and he got so freaking frustrated up there that he got in his SUV and headed north to a team that has absolutely no tradition.....and got them to the semi's this  year.   He is that good a coach........especially when he is not handcuffed by parents and boosters who want to have their hands in the day to day operation of a "HIGH SCHOOL" football team.   That is whats so pathetic.   Eldorado could have a couple of state titles from Register if they would have left him alone to do his job.   He still did a good job "in spite" of what he had to deal with.     This is not a opinion Mr. Board Nazi.   I know quite a bit more about he program that you think.......cause I know several of the boosters who seem to want too much say in the program.....and they will even admit they medal.....which is the most pathetic part.

Facts are.....you had one of the best coaches......he threw his hands up finally and said I'm done and left.   You have meddling boosters who more than  likely have cost you a state title or 2 and most definitely cost you the head coach.     And you have absolutely no football tradition because of this.

I was not going to "go off" like this till the "Message Board Nazi" decided he wanted to throw that kinda crap around.    Take shots.....don't take shots........I don't care..........you will have no satisfactory answer as to why you have no state titles unless you just want to say.........Eldo wasn't that good..........and you will have no answer as to why Scooter cut and ran.     Come up with you theory's all you want.....but when you were being paid like Scooter was you don't just cut and run and apply for every job that comes open for 2 years.     Until the current way of doing things is changed in Eldorado they will continue to be average most years with a decent year thrown in every now and then.    Enjoy.

Rida4Life

Not entirely true...while I won't disagree about politics at EHS I will say that he has a sweeter deal at CHS.  He's drawing public school retirement and still drawing a private school salary.  Plus he is closer to his family.

amehr36

I wondered when the pathetic "come up to our classification" line would come out.  Truth is, if i was from a bigger school that couldnt do jack id try to down the lower classes too.  Hopefully now that El Dorado is only up against 15 other teams they can make some kinda noise, but i still doubt they will.  So go back to the bigger boards, seriously we dont need you around here talking to the ones of us who actually know what a state championship feels like.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas