• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feb 7th scores

Started by onegearruss, February 07, 2008, 10:52:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onegearruss

Searcy Girls 4-0 Little Rock Christian

Searcy Boys 3-0 Little Rock Christian

Chosen 1

30kfeet

Usually are early on.  Especially if few or no club players.  Chemistry takes time together.

Chosen 1

The fields were very soft with no footing... and there was some rain just before the guys game...

30kfeet

That doesn't help.  More injuries on fields like that,too.  Hope nobody was hurt.

Chosen 1

we had one get banged up a little but he'll be good to go tomorrow...

LR Christian has good potential once they get some of that chemistry going

30kfeet

Good luck. Hope your season turns out to be a great one. 

Chosen 1

Scrapichic

Gentry at Decatur (Varsity Boys) 2-2

onegearruss

Searcy's field was bad, it really needs to be mowed, they also need to go fill in holes since they played on a wet field.

30kfeet

Worst field conditions ever - Jonesboro at a classic tourney, maybe State Cup, several years ago.  At the beginning, Beautiful facilities with nice new grass fields with very shallow roots in sandy/moss soil.  Torrential rains came and most of the fields were virtually obliterated by the time all was said and done.  Drainage ditches turned into mud washing facilities.  It was a hoot.

tackitt07_10

hopefully things go well for sheridan girls again this year.  first game kind of rough.  they tied centrals JV 2-2

Scrapichic

Quote from: 30kfeet on February 08, 2008, 12:27:36 am
Worst field conditions ever - Jonesboro at a classic tourney, maybe State Cup, several years ago.  At the beginning, Beautiful facilities with nice new grass fields with very shallow roots in sandy/moss soil.  Torrential rains came and most of the fields were virtually obliterated by the time all was said and done.  Drainage ditches turned into mud washing facilities.  It was a hoot.

Talk about a blast from the past. We were there..... LOL. I've seen fields get pretty bad on a couple of occassions but that weekend certainly is in the top 5 worst ever. I've got some great pictures from that weekend and some even better stories. We drove through tornado warnings, etc getting there too. Good Times.....

onegearruss

Quote from: tackitt07_10 on February 08, 2008, 02:13:55 am
hopefully things go well for sheridan girls again this year.  first game kind of rough.  they tied centrals JV 2-2

Central is usually strong arent they ?

tackitt07_10

thats what i thought as well.  and they werent a bad JV squad but its the simple fact that i dont think a varsity squad should tie/lose to a Junior varsity squad.

onegearruss

Quote from: tackitt07_10 on February 08, 2008, 12:51:00 pm
thats what i thought as well.  and they werent a bad JV squad but its the simple fact that i dont think a varsity squad should tie/lose to a Junior varsity squad.

Usually not, but strong schools have stronger jv teams

tackitt07_10

true and i understand that but they werent a jv team that was incredibly too strong for the sheridan girls's varsity to tie against

Chosen 1

What happend to those sheridan kids saying they were gonna win it all this year

tackitt07_10

those were just idiots from sheridan that are friends of boys that play.  dont even bother with that.  many people told them to stop as well as the coach

coach_lee

This was from Monday February 4th,

Van Buren JV Boys - 3 - Greenwood Varsity Boys 1

Van Buren Varsity Girls 0 - Greenwood Varsity Girls 2

onegearruss

Quote from: coach_lee on February 08, 2008, 05:34:11 pm
This was from Monday February 4th,

Van Buren JV Boys - 3 - Greenwood Varsity Boys 1

Van Buren Varsity Girls 0 - Greenwood Varsity Girls 2

No varsity for VB ?

coach_lee

Greenwood asked to play the JV.  Second year we have done it. 

onegearruss

Quote from: coach_lee on February 09, 2008, 01:57:11 pm
Greenwood asked to play the JV.  Second year we have done it. 

haha ok, and they still lost

tackitt07_10

socre from sheridan-stuttgart game from 2/11/08

sheridan-7
stuttgart-0

norris led the way with 5 goals.  yes may not have been a strong stuttgard team but the needed a starter game with having to play PA,searcy (twice), and eldorado all in one week.  they play hope as well

Arbitro

The Sheridan-PA games tonight have been moved from Sheridan to PA.

wonderboy

Arbitro

My guess is field conditions due to the rain.  Either Sheridan's field is more susceptible, or they are just more protective of it.  The same games were moved last season for the weather.

I was scheduled to work the games in Sheridan, but it would be tough on short notice for me to get off work in time to get to PA so I gave them up.

wonderboy

How does Sheridan look this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas