• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LR Hall & Parkview

Started by J12, February 19, 2019, 10:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J12

New to this rivalary, but is it normal that the other team cuts down the nets on the opposing team's floor?   Wow :o

Video: https://twitter.com/arhoopscoop/status/1098067994830405632?s=21

Brian G

urban legend2

Not normal, but this is one of the most bitter rivalries in the state, especially in basketball. Both Coleman and Flanigan will tell you it's the best rivalry in Arkansas. Surprised that Hall did that at Parkview, though.

ArkansasSportsFan

February 20, 2019, 12:32:17 am #3 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:02:07 am by ArkansasSportsFan
These are also the same schools back in 2011 (I think?) won state championships in their classifications.. I believe Hall was 7a and Parkview was 6a, then they got together and (supposedly) partied together in LR that same night. I think that was back when Bobby Portis played for Hall and Aaron Ross played for Parkview.

zebradynasty

No way in L I would have allowed them to cut the nets down!

urban legend2

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 20, 2019, 12:32:17 am
These are also the same schools back in 2011 (I think?) won state championships in their classifications.. I believe Hall was 7a and Parkview was 6a, then they got together and (supposedly) partied together in LR that same night. I think that was back when Bobby Portis played for Hall and Aaron Ross played for Parkview.
You're probably right. The kids all know each other so that's entirely possible. Sometimes, the heat of the moment can cause crazy stuff to happen, and this may have been one of those moments.

AverageJo24

The broom was completely uncalled for. They won the conference championship, so I understand them wanting to cut down the nets for keepsake purposes. They should have addressed this before the game with a school administrator to make sure all was good, and they possibly could have( no way for me to really know). From what I have heard, Coleman was sweeping with the broom with about a minute left in the game from the bench. This isn't showing these young men class, or sportsmanship. It is one thing to celebrate a big win, but to show up your opponent is teaching these young men nothing about life and how to handle your successes.

J12

February 20, 2019, 11:00:02 am #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 12:19:15 pm by J12
Made it to Sportcenter's twitter feed now.  Gone national. 

AT

This is some type of trolling right here. Real life trolling.

AirWarren

Nice way to rep, Little Rock.

Rivalry. Get it. But this is ridiculous.

FoxandHound34

Let's not forget Parkview went and taunted Mills fans as soon as they won state last year. So they are now completely innocent

beach bum

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 20, 2019, 08:51:50 am
No way in L I would have allowed them to cut the nets down!

Lol..... Ooook

Rocket23

And pretty sure Parkview cut down the nets on an opponents floor two years ago, and might have even been at Hall.  They were both in the same 5A/6A blended conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas