• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Arkansas Bail Bonds Tournament, Mtn. Home Dec. 27-29

Started by Bomberman, December 14, 2018, 10:35:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomberman

December 27th

Girls Top half bracket

Mtn. Home vs. Hermitage  7 p.m.
Watson Chapel vs. Wonderview  4 p.m.

Bottom Half

Farmington vs. Norfork 1 p.m.
Paragould vs. Highland  10 a.m.

Boys bracket top half

Mtn. Home vs. Mtn. Home Christian 8:30 p.m.
Hamburg vs. Brinkley 5:30 p.m.

Bottom half

Paragould vs. Clarendon 2:30 p.m.
Farmington vs. Cave City 11:30 a.m.

Gray lizard

Wonderview girls not afraid to play any where are they.

YSpanther

Quote from: Bomberman on December 14, 2018, 10:35:57 am
December 27th

Girls Top half bracket

Mtn. Home vs. Hermitage  7 p.m.
Watson Chapel vs. Wonderview  4 p.m.

Bottom Half

Farmington vs. Norfork 1 p.m.
Paragould vs. Highland  10 a.m.

Boys bracket top half

Mtn. Home vs. Mtn. Home Christian 8:30 p.m.
Hamburg vs. Brinkley 5:30 p.m.

Bottom half

Paragould vs. Clarendon 2:30 p.m.
Farmington vs. Cave City 11:30 a.m.
Any idea on why Valley Springs pulled out to go back to the NAC?  Is that why Mtn Home Christian is in it?

Basketballfan13

I'm sure Valley pulled out and went back to the NAC because the girls coach for this year coached at NAC for a long time.

YSpanther

Makes sense.  I got the feeling though that the boys coach was trying to go further afield to get a tougher schedule. And NAC has 10 1A, 3 2A and 3 3A of which Valley, Marshall and Bergman are the reps.  It has 16 regional teams this year and nobody has to travel too far, which is always a plus during the holidays.

Bomberman

I really have no idea why they pulled out but one would think they could have played both tournaments. 

YSpanther

I'm not really up on the rules and regulations these days, but I think depending on classification and whether you are a football school or not, you are allowed a certain number of regular season games, and based around your conference and non-conference games you can choose so many classics and tournaments.  I'm not sure exactly what that limit is, and I think if you schedule less regular games, you can go to more tournaments where it is more of a gamble on how quickly you may be put out etc.

Bomberman

Quote from: YSpanther on December 18, 2018, 09:04:29 pm
I'm not really up on the rules and regulations these days, but I think depending on classification and whether you are a football school or not, you are allowed a certain number of regular season games, and based around your conference and non-conference games you can choose so many classics and tournaments.  I'm not sure exactly what that limit is, and I think if you schedule less regular games, you can go to more tournaments where it is more of a gamble on how quickly you may be put out etc.
Very possible, I also do not know all of the scheduling rules to amount of games and such. However if that is the case then it definitely makes sense.

YSpanther

Quote from: Bomberman on December 18, 2018, 09:36:31 pm
Very possible, I also do not know all of the scheduling rules to amount of games and such. However if that is the case then it definitely makes sense.

Straight from the state handbook site for AAA.  Not really sure how classics work, since they are pretty much a round robin of 2 guaranteed games.  Seems like some of these non football schools are exceeding these numbers.

Beginning      Sport                               # of Permissible Events
Week #

16                BASKETBALL (non-FB)           28
19                BASKETBALL (FB schools)      20

All varsity basketball teams may also participate in two invitational tournaments. Non-football schools may add a third basketball tournament by excluding three regular season basketball games. Football schools may add a third basketball tournament by excluding two regular season basketball games.

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Golf/2018-19_AAA_Handbook.pdf

MomaLion

I'm looking forward to some great games.  This will be our first time in this tournament.

Bomberman

Quote from: MomaLion on December 25, 2018, 12:04:24 am
I'm looking forward to some great games.  This will be our first time in this tournament.
Looking forward to watching your team play, the tournament is always ran really well and should be some really good games. If you are coming up to watch I hope you enjoy yourself and our area.

MomaLion

Thank you...I'm leaving straight from work Thursday morning(work nights) and driving the 3 1/2 hrs.  Will miss some of the first game but should catch the rest  :)

Bomberman

Bomberman

Bomberman

Bomberman

RaRaRi

Bomberman

Bomberman

Quote from: RaRaRi on December 27, 2018, 04:12:27 pm
Any radio or live stream coverage?
Doesnt look like it in here right now but the Mtn. Home games stream on 101.7 Ktlo

Bomberman

Bomberman

Bomberman

Moonshiner

Valley Springs has not been in this tournament for quite some time.  They did return to the NAC tournament at Northark this year however.

YSpanther

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 27, 2018, 09:59:46 pm
Valley Springs has not been in this tournament for quite some time.  They did return to the NAC tournament at Northark this year however.
It was originally listed on their schedule in Max Preps at the beginning of the year.  Later, that was changed and the Northark tournament was substituted.

Bomberman

Quote from: YSpanther on December 27, 2018, 11:29:11 pm
It was originally listed on their schedule in Max Preps at the beginning of the year.  Later, that was changed and the Northark tournament was substituted.
This is correct. They were scheduled to be in the tournament in Mtn. Home this year. I am assuming they changed their minds because they got into the NAC.

Bomberman

I am not going to the first few games off the loser bracket this morning so hopefully someone else can post a score or I can find out who won/lost after I get there.

MomaLion

Boys
Paragould 62
Cave City 48
Girls
Farmington 62
Highland 51

Bomberman

Quote from: MomaLion on December 28, 2018, 01:30:23 pm
Boys
Paragould 62
Cave City 48
Girls
Farmington 62
Highland 51
Thanks for the update, headed that way now.

MomaLion

Bomberman

Bomberman

61-58 Clarendon defeats Farmington in a really good game.

Bomberman

Bomberman

Mountain Home defeats Hamburg 59-51 and will meet Clarendon in the finals.

jbtiger73

Mountain Home's style of play can certainly frustrate the lions who can certainly get up and down the floor. But I think the lions will still pull it out though.

Bomberman

December 28, 2018, 09:49:54 pm #34 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:29:38 pm by Bomberman
Lady Bombers defeat Watson chapel 41-39

Bomberman

Girls
7th place game
Hermitage vs. Highland 9 a.m. -H.S. Aux gym
5th place game
Wonderview vs. Farmington 10:30 a.m.
3rd place game
Watson Chapel vs. Norfork 1:30 p.m.
Championship
Mountain Home vs Paragould 4:30 p.m.

Boys
7th place game
Brinkley vs. Cave City 9 a.m.
5th place game
MH Christian vs. Paragould 12 noon
3rd place game
Hamburg vs. Farmington 3 p.m.
Championship game
Mountain Home vs. Clarendon 6 p.m.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bomberman

Cave City boys beat Brinkley in boys 7th place game and the Farmington girls beat Wonderview in the girls 5th place game. I didn't watch them or hear scores and I wasnt told who won the girls 7th place game. Paragould boys are leading MH Christian 32-18 at the half.

MomaLion

Boys
Brinkley 52
Cave City 69
Girls
Wonderview 51
Farmington 69
I didn't catch the early girls game that was in a different gym.

Bomberman

Bomberman

Quote from: MomaLion on December 29, 2018, 12:28:16 pm
Boys
Brinkley 52
Cave City 69
Girls
Wonderview 51
Farmington 69
I didn't catch the early girls game that was in a different gym.
Thanks for the scores!

Bomberman

Bomberman

MomaLion

Bomberman

Bomberman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas