• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View at Brookland 12/14 (G&B)

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, December 12, 2018, 07:50:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Should be some good games this Friday night as the Blazers come to Brookland for 4 conference battles ...Jr Girls , Jr Boys , Sr Girls, Sr Boys.

J12

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 12, 2018, 09:24:36 pm
Sr boys - first team to 20 wins?

Usually the team with the most points at the end of the 4th qtr wins

J12

I'm going with valley view here. 21-17 in a real barn burner.

MDXPHD

Wonder why J12 is so against brookland? Must be bitter that Brookland has a championship in the last 5 years and Westside, with all this talent, can't seem to find one.

J12

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2018, 10:40:12 pm
Wonder why J12 is so against brookland? Must be bitter that Brookland has a championship in the last 5 years and Westside, with all this talent, can't seem to find one.

That's it.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2018, 10:40:12 pm

That's ok,  I like J12  he seems like a nice guy.
Rivalries are fun and spirited.
Best of luck to the warriors this year. 

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 13, 2018, 08:44:27 am
That's ok,  I like J12  he seems like a nice guy.
Rivalries are fun and spirited.
Best of luck to the warriors this year.

Making rivalries hard when you say stuff like that...

J12

If both teams find a way to lose Friday night, I'd be fine with that. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 13, 2018, 09:40:55 am
If both teams find a way to lose Friday night, I'd be fine with that.

I will try and update during the games

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on December 13, 2018, 09:25:44 am
Making rivalries hard when you say stuff like that...

We can be rivals without being  outright hateful
I know some very nice people over there. I believe before VV moved up to 5A , them and Westside where big rivals?

J12

December 13, 2018, 12:51:50 pm #11 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:00:09 pm by J12
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 13, 2018, 12:39:45 pm
We can be rivals without being  outright hateful
I know some very nice people over there. I believe before VV moved up to 5A , them and Westside where big rivals?

Most of my comments about Brookland are poking fun at. I've only had beef with the dirty fouls last year in the district tournament.  That was more than verbal sparring, IMO Brookland had players intentionally trying to injure others. No place in. HS sports for that.

Valley View was, probably still is,the bigger rivalary.  IMO. Right after they moved up conferences Valley View tried to schedule Westside in basketball but the interest wasn't mutual. 

Blended conferences this year will make for the first time they've played in a while.

NEA Razorback olfan

We agree,  I don't like to see dirty play from any team.

cannon

My predictions . . .

Girls:
Valley View's Jr high wins by 15.
Brookland's Sr high wins by 25.

Boys:
Valley View's Jr high wins a close one.
Brookland's Sr. High wins what I hope will be a close one.

I could be way off on the boys, but I'd bet that I don't miss it by much on the girls. The junior high teams have met enough already this season that it's pretty predictable, and I know the girls on both senior high teams well enough to have pretty solid expectations about the results.

Best of luck to the kids and sincere prayers for tough, but injury-free games. They're all good kids. They love the game. I love to watch em play it.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 13, 2018, 09:12:29 pm #14 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:26:44 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: cannon on December 13, 2018, 08:52:59 pm
My predictions . . .

Girls:
Valley View's Jr high wins by 15.
Brookland's Sr high wins by 25.

Boys:
Valley View's Jr high wins a close one.
Brookland's Sr. High wins what I hope will be a close one.

I could be way off on the boys, but I'd bet that I don't miss it by much on the girls. The junior high teams have met enough already this season that it's pretty predictable, and I know the girls on both senior high teams well enough to have pretty solid expectations about the results.

Best of luck to the kids and sincere prayers for tough, but injury-free games. They're all good kids. They love the game. I love to watch em play it.

I agree, I believe most will be competitive games, VV JR Girls are overwhelming favourites...I expect a battle and really enjoy watching the good talent we have in this area!!

Excited to see both our SR Girls and Boys teams play on same night.

baller334

NEA Razorback olfan

December 14, 2018, 10:25:11 pm #16 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:28:48 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
JR Girls
VV won big
JR Boys
Brookland won 45-39
SR Girls
Brookland won 49-37
SR Boys
Brookland won 35-33

cannon

Excepting the Jr girls, all fairly competitive games. Very entertaining. I was surprised that's the girls played as close as they did, but otherwise, good, competitive games. Can't wait to see the rematch in the first round at NEA invitational.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 14, 2018, 10:35:40 pm
Excepting the Jr girls, all fairly competitive games. Very entertaining. I was surprised that's the girls played as close as they did, but otherwise, good, competitive games. Can't wait to see the rematch in the first round at NEA invitational.

Yes I agree ,
JR Girls , VV has a very good looking group, just kept increasing their lead throughout the game!!!
I thought the JR boys were pretty evenly matched, close game until the end.
SR Girls , I was impressed with the Lady Blazers , they battled hard and made some good runs , very good outside shooters.
SR Boys , same as the JR boys .....both teams played extremely hard , should be another great game at the NEA coming up

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas