• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did not answer the bell?

Started by BigFoot, December 08, 2018, 09:46:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFoot

December 08, 2018, 09:46:18 pm Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:49:16 pm by BigFoot
Haven't seen this before but I witnessed it for the first time today! Fouke girls leave tournament at half-time. I've been a big supporter of the coach but this was not a good look. It teaches your kids that it's ok to quit when the going gets tough. Anyone else ever see a team not come out for the second half?

What makes this worse is that he trashed parents and fans who were upset by this on Facebook. Then his post somehow got edited to eliminate the criticism of those people. Too bad screenshots had already been taken. That's the crazy thing about social media. When you hit submit, it's already to late to go back most times.

LeftyWorld

Was it because they weren't playing good? Were they getting beat bad? Were the officials letting the game get out of hand physically so he pulled them for player safety? I have to believe there must be a logical reason as to why a coach would do that.

BigFoot

Fouls were 10-10. Star player had just gotten hurt and he had gotten a tech for acting like an idiot. So if it was getting out of hand, it was due to his girls as well. Either way, it teaches the kids it's ok to quit. It also shows teams if you get physical with them, he just might throw in the towel.

BigFoot

And my big question to the safety issue is, if she had not gotten hurt, would they continued to play? Cause up until that point he allowed it to continue. Still, I haven't seen that happen. And to get on Facebook and blast his own kids' parents and fans seems really professional.

Jimbo Morphis

Flobbito

I have never seen this. I've heard of teams forfeiting prior to a game because they were an inferior opponent, but never seen or heard of a team quitting at halftime. I have seen officials end a game with about 15 seconds left because the opposing coach was encouraging his girls to commit flagrant fouls. Did the officials let them get too physical which caused the girl to get hurt?  I can't conceive of a team just quitting mid game.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BigFoot on December 09, 2018, 08:41:14 am
Fouls were 10-10. Star player had just gotten hurt and he had gotten a tech for acting like an idiot. So if it was getting out of hand, it was due to his girls as well. Either way, it teaches the kids it's ok to quit. It also shows teams if you get physical with them, he just might throw in the towel.
The relative number of fouls called on each team may have no bearing on whether one team is more physical than the other. I have seen numerous games in both high school and college where the team who was far more physical had fewer fouls than their opponent. Sometimes, far fewer.

BigFoot

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 10, 2018, 12:37:14 pm
The relative number of fouls called on each team may have no bearing on whether one team is more physical than the other. I have seen numerous games in both high school and college where the team who was far more physical had fewer fouls than their opponent. Sometimes, far fewer.

I completely agree. In this case, however, both teams were being physical. He had a girl get hurt, got a tech for acting like an idiot and decided he found a way out. I stayed around for a while and talked to a few coaches from other schools there. They perceived nothing as dirty from the opposing team. They couldn't believe he acted like that. Now, the guy shares half the story and gets all kinds of sympathetic comments from other community members. The guy is very insecure about himself, that's for sure. So if you want to beat Fouke this year, just be physical with them. He will snap, get a tech and/or quit.

FoxandHound34

Reminds me of Lavar Ball during a AAU game few years back when he coached LaMelo and crew in Cali. Pulled em right off the court when they were losing pretty big

KOJACK

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on December 11, 2018, 12:58:05 am
Reminds me of Lavar Ball during a AAU game few years back when he coached LaMelo and crew in Cali. Pulled em right off the court when they were losing pretty big
Yeah...that's what it's like  ::)

WHITEchicken

What was the score when this happened? If fouke was losing I would say it was throwing in the towel maybe. If they were winning then it sounds like he might have had a legit complaint. I didn't see it but if my daughter was on that team and the coach pulled them off the court I wouldn't bad mouth him for it if he thought it was not a safe environment.

Panther Pride

Fouke was up by almost 20 when this happened. The senior guard went down with a season ending knee injury and the coach went on the court to check on his player. I guess he is an idiot BIGFOOT

BROB

December 11, 2018, 10:38:02 pm #12 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:09:58 pm by BROB
You are so right, no need to stay on the court with refs who clearly didn't care if our player could not get up due to her injury had to be carried off the court snd to the bus. My reply to Bigfoot is if you were there you knew what happened.  The ref should have called time but didn't.  We were way ahead and beating them meant nothing, but the safety of our players means everything.  Coach did the right thing, and yes I was there !

AlumniLights

You should never walk off the court, period. Finish the game. I agree the refs should handle it differently, but at least show some fortitude and get through it. Blackball the guy after the game.

BROB

The only people that will be black balled are the ones that don't support our team and our coach.  He loves those kids and was protecting them and if y'all can't see that it's just because you don't want to.  He teaches our girls to never give up when they play.  If your daughter had been on the court that day you would have seen how the injury and the lack of remorse from the refs affected our players.  Our girls were upset to see their teammate on the floor in agony and the officials not giving a darn!!!

WorkOrder

I find it hard to believe that the coach would just leave at half time for no reason. I know him well and have coached with and against him. He is a stand up guy. I wasn't there and have no idea what happened or who it happened to, but I don't believe for a second that he just loaded up his girls and left with no reason. If you don't like him that fine, but don't get on here and hide behind a screen name and bash a coach.

XFalkonz

The OP must be one of those that said they would never go to another game and trashed him in the lobby. I know this coach personally and if he took his team off the court, with a huge lead, the he had just cause. He is a guy that cares about his team and his players and it must have been a really bad situation to pull his tram off the court. If the OP had a problem with the coach did to protect his players and team then it is the OP' s problem and not the coach

ballmember

You reckon ahsaa.org will do anything---probably depends who it is and how much effort needs put forth.  certainly not concerned with those recruiting - illegal transfers, etc

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 06:09:53 am
The only people that will be black balled are the ones that don't support our team and our coach.  He loves those kids and was protecting them and if y'all can't see that it's just because you don't want to.  He teaches our girls to never give up when they play.  If your daughter had been on the court that day you would have seen how the injury and the lack of remorse from the refs affected our players.  Our girls were upset to see their teammate on the floor in agony and the officials not giving a darn!!!

Black balled? I was there that day. The only ones who saw it as out of control were most of the Fouke fans. Go to any Fouke game and it's always the official's fault when they lose in any sport. Makes it difficult for any official to have any remorse for Fouke in any situation.  And did you just say he teaches the girls to never give up?? How did the second half go?

KOJACK

Quote from: ballmember on December 12, 2018, 08:31:19 am
You reckon ahsaa.org will do anything---probably depends who it is and how much effort needs put forth.  certainly not concerned with those recruiting - illegal transfers, etc
Are you serious???? aaa is a laughing stock. useless as teets on a boar hog

BigFoot

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 12, 2018, 07:37:25 am
I find it hard to believe that the coach would just leave at half time for no reason. I know him well and have coached with and against him. He is a stand up guy. I wasn't there and have no idea what happened or who it happened to, but I don't believe for a second that he just loaded up his girls and left with no reason. If you don't like him that fine, but don't get on here and hide behind a screen name and bash a coach.

Good coach, yes. Horrible decision and bad look for the team on Saturday, yes. But let's not start the "stand up guy" stuff. I'm sure you could go back to KP from the 2013 class and find out what kind of guy he is. You should know all about that since you say you used to Coach with him.

Panther Pride

The person that started this thread (BIGFOOT) is the idiot. Wants to set behind his/her screen name and bash someone. Instead of bashing why not pick up a clipboard and help the coach out? What's wrong BIGFOOT are you hacked off because your kid isn't good enough to get on the court or maybe to dang lazy to put in the work to get off the pine. This isn't Daddy or Mommy ball. The coach has a decision to make on the safety of his players because that is what he gets paid to do. He has coached my older daughter and now is coaching my younger daughter and will be coaching my son. Do I agree with everything he does? No I don't. But does it matter what I think? No it don't he is the COACH and as long as he is doing the right thing he will have my support.
So Bigfoot with that being said grow a set and talk to him about it instead of bashing him.

BigFoot

Quote from: Panther Pride on December 12, 2018, 08:57:57 am
The person that started this thread (BIGFOOT) is the idiot. Wants to set behind his/her screen name and bash someone. Instead of bashing why not pick up a clipboard and help the coach out? What's wrong BIGFOOT are you hacked off because your kid isn't good enough to get on the court or maybe to dang lazy to put in the work to get off the pine. This isn't Daddy or Mommy ball. The coach has a decision to make on the safety of his players because that is what he gets paid to do. He has coached my older daughter and now is coaching my younger daughter and will be coaching my son. Do I agree with everything he does? No I don't. But does it matter what I think? No it don't he is the COACH and as long as he is doing the right thing he will have my support.
So Bigfoot with that being said grow a set and talk to him about it instead of bashing him.

It doesn't bother me if my daughter plays or not. If she's not good enough, that's fine. But I'll let you keep thinking that you have it all figured out. We will roll with the idea that this is over playing time. What bothers me is being taught that it's ok to quit. Heck, maybe it was a relative of mine that was in the group that he bashed on Facebook. Then, since we are talking about growing a pair, it was edited. Just giving you other possible reasons for my supposed "dislike" of the coach. Did I strike a nerve? It's always funny when someone criticizes another on here for a screen name while also having a screen name of their own. Sort of like it always being the officials fault.

OB11

There was a team a couple of years ago in a holiday tournament that did not come back on the court after halftime. But it was because some kind of illness (stomach bug/flu) had pretty much decimated their team. Started the game but could not make it all the way through. That was the only time I have ever seen something like that happen.

BROB

All I can say to BIGFOOT is Arkansas school districts are open and if he doesn't like the Fouke coach then he needs to find a better one, good luck !!

KOJACK

Yeah the good thing about that area is if you don't like Fouke, just head to Genoa or Ark High or Texas High of LE or PG or...it's the Little Rock of SWA/NETEX

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 10:30:25 am
All I can say to BIGFOOT is Arkansas school districts are open and if he doesn't like the Fouke coach then he needs to find a better one, good luck !!

You are correct. They are open. Because of that, I'm sure Fouke will get some players from other schools to fill in the holes on the roster for next year. There are better coaches at numerous schools. Sure, he's the best girls coach Fouke has had. But doesn't mean that he's the best there is. I do feel he is fortunate enough to fall into a great group of girls in that junior class. Let's see if he can turn around the boys team before acting like he's the best, which I'm assuming you were doing by saying good luck.

But I never said that I disliked the coach. That was implied. I dislike the decision to quit. You said, "He teaches our girls to never give up when they play." Which is it? It's like the commercial where the team never quits... unless it's cable. Please explain to me your process of thought when saying that he teaches them to never give up. Because his actions during the tournament greatly contradict that statement.

BigFoot

Quote from: KOJACK on December 12, 2018, 10:39:43 am
Yeah the good thing about that area is if you don't like Fouke, just head to Genoa or Ark High or Texas High of LE or PG or...it's the Little Rock of SWA/NETEX

I have no intentions of changing schools. Just didn't like the decision. Although, 4 of those 5 teams finished all of their games at that tournament. At least they have that going for them. ;D

BROB

Quote from: BigFoot on December 12, 2018, 10:43:18 am
I have no intentions of changing schools. Just didn't like the decision. Although, 4 of those 5 teams finished all of their games at that tournament. At least they have that going for them. ;D
[/quote

I don't know how much better this can be explained to you...we were ahead in the game it got rough and out hand due to the refs calling, we have players who can't afford any more injuries due to refs lack of taking control of the game and he was protecting them.  And hoorah for the other 5 teams who evidently didn't get any girls hurt.   This is like beating a dead horse, let's move on ...

beach bum

December 12, 2018, 11:15:50 am #29 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:29:39 am by beach bum

Poster never posts only to come on fearless out of the blue to defend Fouke coach? Must be a relative or friend taking it a little too personal.... How about your school go 6 months without a coaching debacle at the school then get back to us. Got to go with BigFoot on this one.... Fouke coach needs to calm his ego and finish the game.... Period.

beach bum

December 12, 2018, 11:22:59 am #30 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:28:00 am by beach bum
Quote from: Panther Pride on December 12, 2018, 08:57:57 am

The coach gets paid to coach the game and not bail on the game on the other team. Your administration needs to do a better job at picking coaches with better decision making and calming their ego it seems. Fouke and Corning administration seem to be battling right now for who is the worst at making hiring decisions for its sports programs.

I hope the AAA suspends him a few games for quitting on every one else there whether it was justified or not.... Finish the game and file a grievance later.

beach bum

This literally epitomizes the dumbest mindset I see in the world... People in positions of authority or power are able to have their decisions questioned in a free society in which we live. A coach bails in the middle of the game expect him to be questioned whether he was right or wrong. Not everyone has to agree with everyone all the time to live in the same place  ::)

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 11:06:28 am
Quote from: BigFoot on December 12, 2018, 10:43:18 am
[/quote

I don't know how much better this can be explained to you...we were ahead in the game it got rough and out hand due to the refs calling, we have players who can't afford any more injuries due to refs lack of taking control of the game and he was protecting them.  And hoorah for the other 5 teams who evidently didn't get any girls hurt.   This is like beating a dead horse, let's move on ...

You still haven't explained your contradictory post. But we can move on since you can't figure that out.  ;D

BROB

No you can't figure it out Bigfoot and by the way Lee Larey the Dad of the hurt player would like to talk to you if you are really serious about all these comments of yours. 

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 12:06:34 pm
No you can't figure it out Bigfoot and by the way Lee Larey the Dad of the hurt player would like to talk to you if you are really serious about all these comments of yours.

I happen to know Lee personally, and he is smart enough to realize that I haven't said anything about his daughter getting hurt. It has been about stopping the game. Considering that you can't seem to explain how you can teach girls to never give up while also allowing the game to be stopped is contradictory of one another, I can understand why you would try to make a post about the stoppage about something entirely different. Too many words for you? Don't get on a message board if you don't want to see other people's opinions. I can't believe that you support the fact that those fans will no longer be able to come to the games at Fouke.

BigFoot

By the way BROB, I'm well aware that you didn't say anything along the lines of those fans not being allowed at the games. But you did say fans are the ones being black balled, and since you like taking someone else's comments and making something out of them that they are not, I figured I'd do the same. Have a great day!

BigFoot

Quote from: beach bum on December 12, 2018, 11:15:50 am
Poster never posts only to come on fearless out of the blue to defend Fouke coach? Must be a relative or friend taking it a little too personal.... How about your school go 6 months without a coaching debacle at the school then get back to us. Got to go with BigFoot on this one.... Fouke coach needs to calm his ego and finish the game.... Period.

Friend of the coach. Trying to act like I've criticized his daughter in some way for getting hurt. Then showing up to defend a coach's actions cause they don't like someone else's opinion. Can't use words very well so they want to "meet up". Typical...

BROB

December 12, 2018, 12:36:51 pm #37 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:40:04 pm by BROB
Lee seriously wants to explain this whole situation to you so you can better understand it.  He's not on FF but has seen The comments.   You can say all you want about me I could care less.   If you can't support our school and it's coaches it's best left off this site for opposing teams to read and comment on.  I agree we  disagree!   Anybody can go to any game they want to!

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 12:36:51 pm
Lee seriously wants to explain this whole situation to you so you can better understand it.  He's not on FF but has seen The comments.   You can say all you want about me I could care less.   If you can't support our school and it's coaches it's best left off this site for opposing teams to read and comment on.  I agree we  disagree!   Anybody can go to any game they want to!

I was at the game, as I am every night I'm off work. I understand the "situation" just fine. And if you don't like someone's response, it's best you leave your two cents out of it. Don't like negative posts? Please refer to beach bum's post from 11:15 am. He said it best.

BROB

If all beach bum can do is attack me for how much I'm on here he's pitiful. By the way my Two cents is worth more than yours and this whole feed of yours is negative.  Don't be a cry baby !!

BigFoot

Quote from: BROB on December 12, 2018, 12:57:44 pm
If all beach bum can do is attack me for how much I'm on here he's pitiful. By the way my Two cents is worth more than yours and this whole feed of yours is negative.  Don't be a cry baby !!

Two cents is two cents. Just saying.

Hitman Warrior23

Maynard G Krebs

December 12, 2018, 02:03:17 pm #42 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:05:03 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 12, 2018, 01:22:29 pm
Wow this really took off!

Most excitement in Fouke since the movie release of "The Legend of Boggy Creek" chronicling the  "Monster" sightings.
BTW, what ever happened to Travis Crabtree?
Check this link: https://youtu.be/5bSQBVlrEYU 

Hitman Warrior23

I think road has taken enough curves.   Let's keep it clean.   Btw always followed Fouke first team my daughter ever played in a state tournament.  And so sorry to hear about the injured young Lady I know 100% from experience  it's very tough on the parents but so so tough on the Athlete.  Prayers going up for a successful recovery!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas