• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petit Jean Classic Basketball Tournament @ Morrilton

Started by South 45, December 03, 2018, 10:14:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

South 45

December 03, 2018, 10:14:24 am Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:20:09 am by South 45
Beginning Monday, Dec. 3rd through Saturday, Dec. 8th the SCCSD will host the 11th Annual Petit Jean Basketball Classic sponsored by Petit Jean Meats. Games will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday beginning 4:00 p.m. with 4 games per night.

The following teams are in the tournament with both Morrilton teams:
1. Little Rock Flames (Homeschool) - Boys
2. Bryant – Boys and Girls
3. Sylvan Hills - Girls
4. Vilonia – Boys and Girls
5. Wonderview – Girls
6. Maumelle – Boys and Girls
7. Russellville – Girls
8. Malvern – Boys
9. Greenbrier – Boys
10. Batesville – Boys

I plan on attending most nights and will attempt to keep scores posted through out the week but please feel free to add any I may miss.

iRebound

Thanks for the update! Looks like a tourney I need to attend as well. Got some good teams in it.

NEA Razorback olfan

South 45

BOY'S

MORRILTON
VS.                       MONDAY 7:45
LITTLE ROCK FLAMES

VILONIA
VS.                       TUESDAY 5:15
MAUMELLE

BRYANT
VS.                        TUESDAY 7:45
MALVERN

GREENBRIER
VS.                        MONDAY 5:15
BATESVILLE

South 45

GIRLS

MORRILTON
VS.                   MONDAY 6:30
GREENBRIER

BRYANT
VS.                   TUESDAY 6:30
SYLVAN HILLS

VILIONA
VS.                   TUESDAY 4:00
WONDERVIEW

MAUMELLE
VS.                    MONDAY 4:00
RUSSELLVILLE

South 45

December 03, 2018, 09:56:28 pm #5 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:24:53 pm by South 45
Monday night scores....
Girls
Russellville 67 Maumelle 49
Morrilton 54 Greenbrier 39
Boys
Greenbrier 54 Batesville 40
Morrilton 62 Little Rock Flames 37
***I corrected the Russellville Maumelle score above.

Gray lizard

Should be a great measuring stick.  Thanks for the updates.

bball2015

South 45

TUESDAY NIGHT SCORES

GIRLS
WONDERVIEW 44  VILONIA 42
BRYANT 60  SYLVAN HILLS 51

BOYS
MAUMELLE 86 VILONIA 68
BRYANT 75  MALVERN 43

South 45

Petit Jean Classic schedule for Wednesday.

4pm (G) Wonderview vs Russellville
5:15 (B) Greenbrier vs Bryant.
6:30(G) Morrilton vs Bryant
7:45(B) Morrilton vs Maumelle

South 45

WEDNESDAY NIGHT SCORES

BOYS
MORRILTON 68  MAUMELLE 62
GREENBRIER 65  BRYANT 61

GIRLS
BRYANT 48  MORRILTON 46
RUSSELLVILLE 49 WONDERVIEW 44

South 45

WRITE UP FROM LOCAL RADION STATION KVOM

Morrilton's senior boys will play for the championship in the 11th Annual Petit Jean Basketball Classic Sponsored by Petit Jean Meats. The Devil Dogs got seven three-pointers and 32 points from senior Xavier Wright to beat Maumelle, 68-62, in the semi-finals on Wednesday night at Devil Dog Arena. Freshman Joseph Pinion added 13 points for the Devil Dogs, who avenged a previous 19-point loss to the Hornets. The Devil Dogs will play Greenbrier in the finals on Saturday. The Panthers advanced with a 65-61 win over Bryant. On the girls' side, Morrilton and Wonderview will face off in the third place game on Saturday after both teams lost Wednesday. The Lady Devil Dogs got 17 points from senior Mary Kate Kordsmeier and 11 from junior Jaden Jackson, but lost to Bryant, 48-46. The Lady Daredevils lost to Russellville, 49-44. Senior Bailey Wright scored 17 points and senior Faith Byers had 15 in the game for Wonderview. The tournament continues with the four consolation games on Thursday. The Vilonia girls will play Maumelle at 4:00, followed by a boys' game between Batesville and Malvern at 5:15. The Greenbrier girls will play Sylvan Hills at 6:30 and Vilonia's boys will play the Little Rock Flames at 7:45...

Gray lizard

So how do think Morrilton stacks up to Clarksville on the boys side?  Clarksville has played some stiff competition up to this point.
The Clarksville girls look to be quite a team as well.

South 45

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 06, 2018, 02:33:38 pm
So how do think Morrilton stacks up to Clarksville on the boys side?  Clarksville has played some stiff competition up to this point.
The Clarksville girls look to be quite a team as well.
Will be interesting to see. So far this year the boys have won the games they should have won and lost the games I thought they would with the exception of Maumelle who they are 1 & 1 with this year. The football boys have only been back a couple of weeks. Having Terry Franklin back will help them in the middle especially on the defensive side and the rest of them will be adding some depth. I think their game Saturday night against Greenbrier will tell us a lot.
Our girls may end up being the real story this year.... 

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: South 45 on December 06, 2018, 04:36:40 pm
Will be interesting to see. So far this year the boys have won the games they should have won and lost the games I thought they would with the exception of Maumelle who they are 1 & 1 with this year. The football boys have only been back a couple of weeks. Having Terry Franklin back will help them in the middle especially on the defensive side and the rest of them will be adding some depth. I think their game Saturday night against Greenbrier will tell us a lot.
Our girls may end up being the real story this year....
The girls got a great benefit by being opposite of the best teams in this tournament. Russellville just beat them by 21 and Vilonia would have drilled them. Wonderview should handle them fairly easily so what's the story?

South 45

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on December 06, 2018, 05:16:50 pm
The girls got a great benefit by being opposite of the best teams in this tournament. Russellville just beat them by 21 and Vilonia would have drilled them. Wonderview should handle them fairly easily so what's the story?
I agree with all your points but was as actually referring to the year as a whole not the tournament. I believe this team has all the skills to do well if they can all get on the same page.

South 45

TODAY'S WRITE UP FROM KVOM

The 11th Annual Petit Jean Basketball Classic Sponsored by Petit Jean Meats wraps up Saturday with the third place and championship games in both divisions. Morrilton will play Wonderview in the girls' third place game at 3:00 p.m. The boys' third place game features Maumelle against Bryant. The girls' final between Russellville and Bryant will start at 5:30 and the boys' final will have Morrilton taking on Greenbrier at 6:45...

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: South 45 on December 07, 2018, 09:02:11 am
I agree with all your points but was as actually referring to the year as a whole not the tournament. I believe this team has all the skills to do well if they can all get on the same page.
gotcha. The move to 4A should help. Good luck on the season

South 45

Due to weather forecast for today, the 3rd place games have been cancelled. New start time for Girls Championship game is 2pm followed by Boys Championship at 3:15 in The Petit Jean Classic at Devil Dog Arena

Motownsportsfan

I am disappointed. Was really wanting to Watch the Wonderview vs Morriiltom girls game.

South 45

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on December 08, 2018, 10:27:29 am
I am disappointed. Was really wanting to Watch the Wonderview vs Morriiltom girls game.
Agreed...games like that are always fun

South 45

Girls tournament winner...
Bryant 63
Russellville 58

South 45

Boys tournament winner...
Greenbrier 54
Morrilton 38

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas