• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WAS THE MOST UNDERRATED AND OVERRATED TEAM THIS YEAR?

Started by FBGM501, November 26, 2018, 12:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBGM501

WHO WAS THE MOST UNDERRATED AND OVERRATED TEAM THIS YEAR?

jay nelvin

athletic supporter

Jimbo Morphis

Rison and Smackover. Smackover cheated and still couldn't make the semis.

CatPride

501Arkansas

Radiotalker

CURLEYWOLF24

Overrated- Glen Rose, Newport, and McGehee
Underrated- Rison, what did Hootens have them starting out? 

Paperman

Over-rated - Clinton seems to always be hyped yet never goes far in the post-season.

Underrated - Despite getting no respect after finishing in the top 4 last season, Osceola got zero respect. I have had them in my top 5 all season. Hooks has developed the talent there and I don't see that coming to an end anytime soon.

Rison Wildcats have to be one of the most undervalued teams. Moved up in classification and have not missed a beat. Malik Chavis is awesome, but they are far from a one player team. Hard to argue with 13-0.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Paperman on November 26, 2018, 03:05:21 pm
Over-rated - Clinton seems to always be hyped yet never goes far in the post-season.

Underrated - Despite getting no respect after finishing in the top 4 last season, Osceola got zero respect. I have had them in my top 5 all season. Hooks has developed the talent there and I don't see that coming to an end anytime soon.

Rison Wildcats have to be one of the most undervalued teams. Moved up in classification and have not missed a beat. Malik Chavis is awesome, but they are far from a one player team. Hard to argue with 13-0.
Clinton finished last year in the Semi's and would have finished there are better if they could have avoided the Curley Wolves. Osceola got a move in SUPERSTAR QB from Rivercrest or they would probably be playing basketball right now.   

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Quote from: Paperman on November 26, 2018, 03:05:21 pm

Two seasons in a row that Osceola hasn't had any respect

Buck Beefheart

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 26, 2018, 03:03:34 pm
Overrated- Glen Rose, Newport, and McGehee
Underrated- Rison, what did Hootens have them starting out?
Rison was ranked 13th in week 1.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 26, 2018, 03:18:44 pm
Clinton finished last year in the Semi's and would have finished there are better if they could have avoided the Curley Wolves. Osceola got a move in SUPERSTAR QB from Rivercrest or they would probably be playing basketball right now.

Clinton only played in 13 games last year. Unless they had a bye (schedule doesn't indicate one), they only got to the quarters.

HorseFeathers

KOJACK

I think preseason had Booneville at 1, Clinton at 2. MvGehee at 3 and Prescott at 4, so all of those teams were part of the final 8 except Clinton who got a bad draw. So imo none of those are overrated. Most definitely underrated would be Osceola and Rison. I guess overrated would be Glen Rose and Mayflower and Newport.

Sick Dog

I would say under would be Osceola but when you get transfers in that no one is counting on and they become starters for you then they really aren't because if they didn't have them they would be gone by now. Rison should have been ranked higher because they were AA last year i guess scared some off but when you got D1 athletes you should be expected to win. Over would def be Mayflower and Gun N Roses (GR)

blackandoldgold

November 26, 2018, 10:34:22 pm #19 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:44:25 pm by blackandoldgold
Most overrated team - Hooten's Preseason #6 Charleston, currently #17 (Gotta be a disappointing season here with their rich tradition, but they'll be back.)

Most underrated team - Hooten's Preseason #17 Smackover, currently #5 (No mention of Greg Turner in their preseason magazine who transferred from Texas so best guess Hooten's wasn't aware he was gonna be at Smackover this season. Made a big difference.)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: KOJACK on November 26, 2018, 08:46:20 pm
I think preseason had Booneville at 1, Clinton at 2. MvGehee at 3 and Prescott at 4, so all of those teams were part of the final 8 except Clinton who got a bad draw. So imo none of those are overrated. Most definitely underrated would be Osceola and Rison. I guess overrated would be Glen Rose and Mayflower and Newport.

Thanks Kojack.  Its refreshing to see an objective (and accurate too, IMO) response about something, lol.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CatPride on November 26, 2018, 01:43:19 pm
Clinton - Overrated
Yet to be determined. For all we know at this point, they could be the 2nd best team in 3A. Let's wait and see how the rest of the "elite" teams fare against Prescott.

athletic supporter

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 26, 2018, 10:34:22 pm
Most overrated team - Hooten's Preseason #6 Charleston, currently #17 (Gotta be a disappointing season here with their rich tradition, but they'll be back.)

Most underrated team - Hooten's Preseason #17 Smackover, currently #5 (No mention of Greg Turner in their preseason magazine who transferred from Texas so best guess Hooten's wasn't aware he was gonna be at Smackover this season. Made a big difference.)

Both good ones

501Arkansas

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 26, 2018, 09:19:49 pm
I would say under would be Osceola but when you get transfers in that no one is counting on and they become starters for you then they really aren't because if they didn't have them they would be gone by now. Rison should have been ranked higher because they were AA last year i guess scared some off but when you got D1 athletes you should be expected to win. Over would def be Mayflower and Gun N Roses (GR)
Lol

BigDaw85

For all of y'all that said that Osceola was underrated, apparently y'all aren't from the 3a. For some of us in the 3a, we knew Osceola was gonna be tough before the season ever started. Just because a team didn't get talked about much doesn't mean that they are underrated, it just means that y'all are ill informed or don't know what y'all are talking about.

501Arkansas

Quote from: BigDaw85 on November 27, 2018, 01:21:42 pm
For all of y'all that said that Osceola was underrated, apparently y'all aren't from the 3a. For some of us in the 3a, we knew Osceola was gonna be tough before the season ever started. Just because a team didn't get talked about much doesn't mean that they are underrated, it just means that y'all are ill informed or don't know what y'all are talking about.
+1

beach bum

November 27, 2018, 02:08:51 pm #26 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:12:20 pm by beach bum
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:17:55 am
Yet to be determined. For all we know at this point, they could be the 2nd best team in 3A. Let's wait and see how the rest of the "elite" teams fare against Prescott.

Lol come on now.... You will say anything to make the 2-3A sound relevant. They lost in the 2nd round so come one now.... If Prescott had not already lost to another 3A team your argument may have more merit. And its not like Clinton lost by 2 or 3, or even 7 points. They lost by 18! ..... Clinton can move to the #9 spot for being the best team to lose in the 2nd round. You should order them some rings for that accomplishment. So Clinton deserves more respect in your book for losing by 18 than Smackover does by beating them?

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:17:55 am

😂😂

The Voice Seminole Nation

That shows that you know nothing about Osceola. You see, we have 3 studs that can play quarterback.  Osceola has no superstars.  In Coach Hooks offense, we just need the players to do their job.  That's what is so good about his offense, everyone does their job well.  The Wildcats will find that out Friday night.  Don't key on one kid, we will beat you with another.  Just the facts Curley Wolf24, You guys ought to know better than anyone...Who stopped your state championship run last year.  Answer, if you make it past Booneville, it will be that same team again!!!!!

RHScats

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 27, 2018, 03:01:17 pm
That shows that you know nothing about Osceola. You see, we have 3 studs that can play quarterback.  Osceola has no superstars.  In Coach Hooks offense, we just need the players to do their job.  That's what is so good about his offense, everyone does their job well.  The Wildcats will find that out Friday night.  Don't key on one kid, we will beat you with another.  Just the facts Curley Wolf24, You guys ought to know better than anyone...Who stopped your state championship run last year.  Answer, if you make it past Booneville, it will be that same team again!!!!!
you do have a game Friday night. You know, Rison.  I will say it since nobody else will.  Rison has the most explosive offense in 3A and as good a defense as anyone as well.  With all that said, I would not worry about Prescott or Booneville!

501Arkansas

FACTS!!!

The Voice Seminole Nation

Quote from: RHScats on November 27, 2018, 03:26:02 pm
you do have a game Friday night. You know, Rison.  I will say it since nobody else will.  Rison has the most explosive offense in 3A and as good a defense as anyone as well.  With all that said, I would not worry about Prescott or Booneville!

I promise you that Rison has not seen a team as explosive as Osceola.  We are well rounded on both sides of the ball. These heavyweights will get it on Friday night, Osceola will be left standing in the end. 

KOJACK

Y'all are done after Friday...Can't stop the run. Oseceolacrest is done.

Jimbo Morphis

501Arkansas

November 27, 2018, 09:04:35 pm #34 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:06:47 pm by 501Arkansas
Quote from: KOJACK on November 27, 2018, 08:12:02 pm
Y'all are done after Friday...Can't stop the run. Oseceolacrest is done.
when Osceola beat them what y’all gone be saying then? “ Booneville or Prescott going to beat y’all” “ y’all won’t win the whole thing”

KOJACK

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 27, 2018, 09:04:35 pm
  when Osceola beat them what y'all gone be saying then? " Booneville or Prescott going to beat y'all" " y'all won't win the whole thing"
Prescott

Paperman

Overrated - Glen Rose and Charleston

Underrated - Rison, Osceola, and Lamar

ISU7

;D ;D

ISU7

lol # 18 is the best qb 💯and he makes the team go.Cmon now Stevie and Ray can see that.🤣😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2018, 02:08:51 pm
Lol come on now.... You will say anything to make the 2-3A sound relevant. They lost in the 2nd round so come one now.... If Prescott had not already lost to another 3A team your argument may have more merit. And its not like Clinton lost by 2 or 3, or even 7 points. They lost by 18! ..... Clinton can move to the #9 spot for being the best team to lose in the 2nd round. You should order them some rings for that accomplishment. So Clinton deserves more respect in your book for losing by 18 than Smackover does by beating them?
In case you haven't noticed Smackover is also bouncing a round ball about now. I'm talking about playoff time. By your definition Smackover is better than Prescott, but we both know that isn't true.

sprained ankle

1wildcat

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 27, 2018, 07:33:30 pm
I promise you that Rison has not seen a team as explosive as Osceola.  We are well rounded on both sides of the ball. These heavyweights will get it on Friday night, Osceola will be left standing in the end.
Here we go again, Lamar was bringing a storm like we had never seen. Well maybe they did because I still haven't seen it. Oh well, go ahead and talk it up, you're probably right anyway. I'm sure Osceola will be left standing, and looking at each other, wondering what just happened. But you can still go to Little Rock, if you buy a ticket! ;D

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 10:22:13 pm
In case you haven't noticed Smackover is also bouncing a round ball about now. I'm talking about playoff time. By your definition Smackover is better than Prescott, but we both know that isn't true.

Yes, let's talk about playoff time. Good luck convincing ANYONE that a team that lost in the SECOND ROUND is the #2 team in the state. Good luck with that!

CURLEYWOLF24

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 04:10:58 am
Here we go again, Lamar was bringing a storm like we had never seen. Well maybe they did because I still haven't seen it. Oh well, go ahead and talk it up, you're probably right anyway. I'm sure Osceola will be left standing, and looking at each other, wondering what just happened. But you can still go to Little Rock, if you buy a ticket! ;D
Too bad Osceola isn't Lamar

1wildcat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 07:19:00 am
Too bad Osceola isn't Lamar
I sure hope not. Seriously, I'm ready to see this Wildcat team face a real challenge, a hard fought battle till the very end. And finally, either this week or next if not both I expect to see it happen. It's hard for me to imagine Booneville, Osceola, Prescott, or Rison involved in another mercy rule game this year. Those days are over. Every fan of every team left should feel very confident by now. And it's really a shame that it's check out time for Osceola and Prescott, but there's only room for two in Little Rock. ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 08:21:20 am
I sure hope not. Seriously, I'm ready to see this Wildcat team face a real challenge, a hard fought battle till the very end. And finally, either this week or next if not both I expect to see it happen. It's hard for me to imagine Booneville, Osceola, Prescott, or Rison involved in another mercy rule game this year. Those days are over. Every fan of every team left should feel very confident by now. And it's really a shame that it's check out time for Osceola and Prescott, but there's only room for two in Little Rock. ;D
Yeah checkout time to Little Rock, come and watch Osceola play for a state championship next weekend. Get there early

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 28, 2018, 06:29:27 am
Yes, let's talk about playoff time. Good luck convincing ANYONE that a team that lost in the SECOND ROUND is the #2 team in the state. Good luck with that!
I didn't say they were. I said that they could be. All we know at this point is that one team, Prescott, is better than they were. How early you lose may have more to do with scheduling than quality. Until someone beats the Curley Wolves, we don't know that any other team is better than Clinton.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 11:26:28 am
I didn't say they were. I said that they could be. All we know at this point is that one team, Prescott, is better than they were. How early you lose may have more to do with scheduling than quality. Until someone beats the Curley Wolves, we don't know that any other team is better than Clinton.
Are you still trying to push Clinton on everyone?????

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 28, 2018, 11:46:19 am
Are you still trying to push Clinton on everyone?????
[/quote/] I have never tried to push Clinton on anyone. Just refuting obviously false conclusions drawn by people who for some reason seem to have a vendetta against Clinton and the 2-3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas