• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Championship - Little Rock Christian vs. Pulaski Academy

Started by MDXPHD, November 23, 2018, 10:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think PA wins and I want PA to win
I think PA wins but I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins and I want LRC to win
I think LRC wins but I want PA to win

MDXPHD

I think it's more of a shootout this time around and a closer game, but LRCA loses by 14. Can't get over the mental aspect and always struggles against the big brother.

JessieP

If you like defense and smash mouth football stay far away. This is the 7 on 7 State Championship. I seriously doubt we'll see a defensive stop. PA wins on turnovers and onside kicks. And because they are much better. I say PA gets up by 3 scores in the first half and then the game becomes "You score, we score, you score, we score". The players on defense will serve as nothing more than slaloms for the offense to weave through.

DT

I think Justice Hill's presence in this game makes a difference, but I still believe PA wins.

JessieP

Quote from: DT on November 23, 2018, 10:13:07 pm
I think Justice Hill's presence in this game makes a difference, but I still believe PA wins.

Justice Hill makes a big difference but he's not good for 35 points. PA makes it 5.

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on November 23, 2018, 10:12:22 pm
If you like defense and smash mouth football stay far away. This is the 7 on 7 State Championship. I seriously doubt we'll see a defensive stop. PA wins on turnovers and onside kicks. And because they are much better. I say PA gets up by 3 scores in the first half and then the game becomes "You score, we score, you score, we score". The players on defense will serve as nothing more than slaloms for the offense to weave through.
Ditto what he said, there may be a total of 150 points in this game.  The winner of this game will be the one with the most glue on there gloves to recover the on side kicks, good luck to both teams.  JesseP, is it true u rented a hot pink camo stretch limo to take you to this game, if so, swing by Wynne and pick me up, I got my new Big Smith overalls washed up to go to the Battle of the Centrals best recruiters, just kidding PA and LRCA,  ;D ;D ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 23, 2018, 10:15:37 pm
Justice Hill makes a big difference but he's not good for 35 points. PA makes it 5.

Well, didn't you say P.A. would mercy rule Harrison?

Hill is the engine that runs LRCA.  He is a playmaker and a difference maker.  He may be worth 35 points to LRCA.

I agree that neither defense looks very good right now.  If either defense can step up and make a couple of stops that team wins.  But, I'd put the over/under at 120 points.

I'll take P.A. to win because PA has owned LRCA and LRCA tries too hard and plays tight against P.A.

Central AR

Replacing a QB in high school football is a huge task, especially when that QB is making his varsity starting debut on the road at PA. LRCA had open receivers all game but no one to get them the ball. Justice Hill is probably winning the Landers award and is the most athletic player on either team by a mile, so of course the Warriors will look much different compared to week 6. I'm actually going out on the limb here saying LRCA wins a close one. Hill may run for 250+.

TNT_15

Central AR

TNT_15

Quote from: Central AR on November 23, 2018, 10:40:23 pm
Correct! 2009
Well if they were going to pick any two times to win I guess it would be that one and this next one!

Chief_Osceola™

The Future

I say definitely more than 130 points.

No defense here. Maybe a couple turnovers. But that's it.

Freight Train

Quote from: Central AR on November 23, 2018, 10:31:47 pm
Replacing a QB in high school football is a huge task, especially when that QB is making his varsity starting debut on the road at PA. LRCA had open receivers all game but no one to get them the ball. Justice Hill is probably winning the Landers award and is the most athletic player on either team by a mile, so of course the Warriors will look much different compared to week 6. I'm actually going out on the limb here saying LRCA wins a close one. Hill may run for 250+.

You are right... PA doesn't have any D-1 athletes or players even close to Hill's athletic ability

Central AR

Quote from: Freight Train on November 24, 2018, 12:01:11 am
You are right... PA doesn't have any D-1 athletes or players even close to Hill's athletic ability

Did I say PA had no Division-1 athletes? No one on PA is really that close to his athleticism. Sorry man. Hudson Henry is a great route runner and has amazing hands. He's an athlete in his own right. I know they have other D1 guys, I just think Hill is in a different category. You know this.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 23, 2018, 10:25:12 pm
Well, didn't you say P.A. would mercy rule Harrison?

Hill is the engine that runs LRCA.  He is a playmaker and a difference maker.  He may be worth 35 points to LRCA.

I agree that neither defense looks very good right now.  If either defense can step up and make a couple of stops that team wins.  But, I'd put the over/under at 120 points.

I'll take P.A. to win because PA has owned LRCA and LRCA tries too hard and plays tight against P.A.

Yes I did and I was wrong. In my defense, tonight was the first time I watched PA from start to finish. I was basing the mercy rule prediction on everything I've read from PA posters, as much as we fuss I do find you guys as a group to be very knowledgeable, you keep the cheer leading to a minimum. I was reading about PA's aggressive swarming defense. Superior defenses don't give up 50+ points twice in a season. PA's offense is way beyond superior, they are next level. The defense is adequate, they get the job done. The ironic thing is how PA's offense went through Harrison's defense like the proverbial knife/butter, that's not a knock, Harrison's defense was top notch.

JessieP

Quote from: Freight Train on November 24, 2018, 12:01:11 am

Easy coach, no D-1 athletes? Hudson Henry is the top ranked TE in America. He is numero uno, ahead of the IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman and Long Beach Poly TE's. Hill is a D-1 BASKETBALL player. He makes no National top 10's at qb. Criswell does, but he's a junior. You may want to re-word your post to say "PA has no D1 athletes besides the one ranked number 1 in the Nation".

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2018, 12:16:12 am
Yes I did and I was wrong. In my defense, tonight was the first time I watched PA from start to finish. I was basing the mercy rule prediction on everything I've read from PA posters, as much as we fuss I do find you guys as a group to be very knowledgeable, you keep the cheer leading to a minimum. I was reading about PA's aggressive swarming defense. Superior defenses don't give up 50+ points twice in a season. PA's offense is way beyond superior, they are next level. The defense is adequate, they get the job done. The ironic thing is how PA's offense went through Harrison's defense like the proverbial knife/butter, that's not a knock, Harrison's defense was top notch.

And I admit I was one who was touting PA's defense.  They did not look good tonight.  That was due in large part to Harrison's offense which is very good.

We will have our hands full trying to stop Hill and LRCA's offense.  And they will have their hands full trying to stop ours.  If you like offense this will be a great game to watch.

Freight Train

Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2018, 12:23:50 am
Easy coach, no D-1 athletes? Hudson Henry is the top ranked TE in America. He is numero uno, ahead of the IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman and Long Beach Poly TE's. Hill is a D-1 BASKETBALL player. He makes no National top 10's at qb. Criswell does, but he's a junior. You may want to re-word your post to say "PA has no D1 athletes besides the one ranked number 1 in the Nation".
I was being sarcastic in my comment

JessieP

Quote from: Freight Train on November 24, 2018, 12:27:02 am
I was being sarcastic in my comment

Oops, I missed that one. I usually gravitate towards sarcasm but you threw that one past me, kudos.

Complete Biased PoV

November 24, 2018, 01:08:00 am #20 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:47:44 am by Complete Biased PoV
Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2018, 12:16:12 am

Harrison is the only team to put up 50+ points up on PA this season.  Next highest was 39 points by Maumelle.  9 out of 13 games have been 21 or less.  Other thing you have to take into account is the increase in number of possessions for teams while playing PA.

RyanLR

walkingguy72396

Rocket23

Onside kicks, of course, and turnovers will decide the game I believe.

Hopefully, the game will live up to the hype and become an epic battle.  It is great to play against friends, neighbors, and fellow church members.  This is one of the things that makes high school football so great!

RyanLR

It's an all West Little Rock 5A final, oh and Joe T is in the semis again in 4A. Three teams in a 5 mile radius that are really really good.

makessense

1 Stadium Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205 - Address for all the LRCA supporters. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 24, 2018, 10:10:11 am
Onside kicks, of course, and turnovers will decide the game I believe.

Hopefully, the game will live up to the hype and become an epic battle.  It is great to play against friends, neighbors, and fellow church members.  This is one of the things that makes high school football so great!
LRC supporters go to church?? Cant believe that

JessieP

Quote from: makessense on November 24, 2018, 02:46:48 pm
1 Stadium Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205 - Address for all the LRCA supporters.

Why go to all that trouble, it's the big cement structure by the zoo. Better yet, just follow the PA buses to the game. It's second nature to them. Besides, if your trying to emulate everything PA does you may as well take the same route to the game. I hear LRC is changing their nickname to the Grizzlies.

88CityChamp

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 24, 2018, 03:18:02 pm
  LRC supporters go to church?? Cant believe that
Hogman, we forgive you, as in many instances, you know not of what you speak

incogneto

Quote from: 88CityChamp on November 24, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
That is one angry guy. 

makessense

Maynard G Krebs

JacketFan

Back to the State Championship game, that public private school thread gave me a headache, PA will win this one by at least 28.  Congrats to both teams for making it to the title game.

Yellowcake

We get throttled by LRCA.
Justice Hill is one double helix away from being a combination of Jessie Owens, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders and Zeus.
Will take 90 points to beat them, and no team could score 90........wait.

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2018, 10:26:40 pm
Justice Hill is one double helix away from being a combination of Jessie Owens, Joe Montana, Barry Sanders and Zeus.

I heard that Warrior Vision will have JessieP doing handstand push-ups on the Salvation Army Bucket every time Hill scores ;D

yo

Just curious, I saw PA and LRCA 9th grade teams play each other early in the year. PA had a running back that was one of the best I've ever seen.  I'm normally not one to talk how good an athlete is but he was really really good. Unfortunately he got hurt that night and I was wondering who the kid was, how is he doing and will he be playing Friday?

Yellowcake

Bad leg break.
He will be back next year.
He has been an unstoppable force since 5th grade.
Thank you for asking. I was at that game and it was a sad thing to see him carted off. He is a great kid.

Rocket23

And he was just back from a torn up ankle the season before.  He is very good.

Beebe had a stud eighth grader that was big and fast.  Was almost a Treylon Burks clone.

Hogman2018

Quote from: 88CityChamp on November 24, 2018, 04:58:36 pm
You dont have to forgive me i know what I speak!! Actions speak louder than words!!

Hogman2018

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2018, 10:26:40 pm
Not according to Incognito he said they are not a one man team!! Take Hill off that team they would be a .500 team!

incogneto

Quote from: Overdahill on November 25, 2018, 07:37:36 am
I heard that Warrior Vision will have JessieP doing handstand push-ups on the Salvation Army Bucket every time Hill scores ;D
Thats Funny 😆

incogneto

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 25, 2018, 01:18:22 pm

Beebe had a stud eighth grader that was big and fast.  Was almost a Treylon Burks clone.
Yeah that young man was impressive.

STUNNA

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 25, 2018, 01:18:22 pm

arkansas needs more Treylon Burks clones!

Lumberjackfan1978

Youngsta71701

Bought

Scoring on Harrison the way they did I feel that PA will run away with this game.Expect Hill to not quit till the final whistle is blown.
PA-62
Lrca-35

Reddie20

LRCA's defense is a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for.  Sure, they gave up a lot to Maumelle and PA.  PA has really good skill position guys and can score, we all know that.  In that game, Hill didn't play which IMO, I don't think PA can stop him.  The defense was gassed in the second half because of being on the field so much, that's when the whole state learned about how good of a runner Bratcher is.  The Maumelle game, LRCA was playing without three key starters on the defense.  Having coached against these guys this year and seen them in person against other teams, LRCA will give PA a tough time upfront, #7 Drake Bradley is a man on that D-line and LB #43 flys to the football. Having Justice back this game will create holes for the RB Kendall Givens who runs hard at 220lbs. If LRCA can get a lead and slow it down, they will beat PA. PA is well coached on defense just not a lot of size, I thought that would hurt them against LCM and Harrison but they play hard.  LRCA has to recover the onside kicks, if Harrison recovers those two kicks with 2:30 left in the first half, they probably win that game.  Going to be a great game, can't wait to watch it.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 27, 2018, 02:19:08 pm
LRCA's defense is a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for.  Sure, they gave up a lot to Maumelle and PA.  PA has really good skill position guys and can score, we all know that.  In that game, Hill didn't play which IMO, I don't think PA can stop him.  The defense was gassed in the second half because of being on the field so much, that's when the whole state learned about how good of a runner Bratcher is.  The Maumelle game, LRCA was playing without three key starters on the defense.  Having coached against these guys this year and seen them in person against other teams, LRCA will give PA a tough time upfront, #7 Drake Bradley is a man on that D-line and LB #43 flys to the football. Having Justice back this game will create holes for the RB Kendall Givens who runs hard at 220lbs. If LRCA can get a lead and slow it down, they will beat PA. PA is well coached on defense just not a lot of size, I thought that would hurt them against LCM and Harrison but they play hard.  LRCA has to recover the onside kicks, if Harrison recovers those two kicks with 2:30 left in the first half, they probably win that game.  Going to be a great game, can't wait to watch it.

Very little in this I disagree with.
And I will double dog guarantee the following....
Neither team will punt. Ever.
Both will onside kick every time.
The game will be decided on turnovers and onside kicks.
There will be less than 4 possessions between both teams that result in a turnover on downs, and there may not be any.
I will not be surprised by either team winning.

JessieP

Quote from: Reddie20 on November 27, 2018, 02:19:08 pm

You make good, solid thought out concise points. One caveat, it sound a little to much like Wynne 2 years ago. I will never again make the mistake of doubting PA's coaching staff. All this JH talk ignores one simple fact, KK and his staff are full aware of what he can do. The names change but the brain trust stays the same. 2 years ago Wynne's defense was 5x's better than LRC this years. They were big, fast and angry. Their offense ran over people, they had 2 1,000 rushers and an o-line that towered over PA's defensive front. They outweighed them by 50lbs a player. Wynne was waiving the white flag before halftime. What your argument is focusing on is the players, PA is all about the system, the players don't matter. Drop off from Hatcher? Nope. Missing Hunter Henry? Nope. It's the system. The greatest coach in all of sports, John Wooden (The Bruin thing is a coincidence) said "When you pit a system against a group of players the system wins every time". Trust me on this one, When the PA coaches sat down Sunday to set the game plan they didn't say "Oh man, JH is back", they said "JH is back so we'll do x, y and z". 4 in a row is not a coincidence.

High Voltage

This game was over the minute the horn sounded in the PA/Harrison game.

PA by 50

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas