• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Mount Ida @ Hazen

Started by hornetfan8, November 23, 2018, 09:56:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet68

With the way this game is being played and the physicality of both teams involved, this could be a classic in the making. I think that if hazen comes out flat it could be a long night, but if hazen jumps out fired up and gets a couple quick scores it may get out of hand and that can also be said for Mt. Ida much respect for the lions

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: Hornet68 on November 27, 2018, 09:37:08 am
With the way this game is being played and the physicality of both teams involved, this could be a classic in the making. I think that if hazen comes out flat it could be a long night, but if hazen jumps out fired up and gets a couple quick scores it may get out of hand and that can also be said for Mt. Ida much respect for the lions
this is the semis man, if you can't get fired up for this then you should probably check your pulse!!!

jsw6f0

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 27, 2018, 03:40:18 pm
How big is the Hazen line?
I would say they average 225-230 and are all 6 foot or more

Hornetsfan02

I'll take that back, half of them are over 6 foot

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hornetsfan02

And other than DA we have man handled every line we have faced

IdaLions

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 27, 2018, 03:48:00 pm

Our biggest guy is around 250 lbs. the second is probably 240-245 lbs. Then we got one around 205 lbs. After them we got a 175 lbs. one and the center is about 170 lbs. Our starting TE is about 150 lbs soaking wet.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: IdaLions on November 27, 2018, 04:48:04 pm
Our biggest guy is around 250 lbs. the second is probably 240-245 lbs. Then we got one around 205 lbs. After them we got a 175 lbs. one and the center is about 170 lbs. Our starting TE is about 150 lbs soaking wet.

probably will match up pretty well size wise. your te may have issues with Toll if he lines up at de though

Old Scrapper

Yep both lines are about the same size!

CaptainSwarm25

Y'all need to introduce that TE to a McDonald's and ice cream😂

Outloud

Well has anybody else heard the weather report???  Why can't we play one weekend with no rain!!!!!!! Tired of toting dang rain gear to every game!!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Outloud on November 27, 2018, 05:36:20 pm
Well has anybody else heard the weather report???  Why can't we play one weekend with no rain!!!!!!! Tired of toting dang rain gear to every game!!!!

I have a 90% chance of showers and t-storms for the north end of the county for Friday night.

IdaLions

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 27, 2018, 05:09:50 pm
Y'all need to introduce that TE to a McDonald's and ice cream😂

Well he has played running back his whole life😂 We have had injuries and such so Coach White needed a tight end, and that's how that came to be. He is one of the only players who play that isn't a senior. I also forgot to mention that our other TE is a sophomore with one year of football experience, and that experience is this year 😂 He prolly weighs around 170 or so. Heard he's a good baseball player though

Hornetsfan02

I'm just glad y'all arent as bad as Hampton fans. All they ever talked about was how successful they have been and how good they are. Glad to see that y'all Ida fans are humble with your success

CaptainSwarm25

Injuries are a killer. Especially in 2A ball. Seems to get a few teams on a yearly basis.

IdaLions

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 27, 2018, 06:08:00 pm
I'm just glad y'all arent as bad as Hampton fans. All they ever talked about was how successful they have been and how good they are. Glad to see that y'all Ida fans are humble with your success

Well we have respect for the teams we play. Just the way we are brought up honestly.

who-knew

Quote from: Outloud on November 27, 2018, 05:36:20 pm
Looks like the passing game is going to be out for Friday night

Hornetsfan02

Yeah it sucks all this bad weather the field was pretty bad last week and had some pretty big chunks tore up, let's just hope that forecast is lying and it actually turns out pretty on Friday 😂😂

Old Scrapper

Hazens D will need to be sharp to slow down LaGrange and Jackson. But on the other hand Mount Ida's D will have to play lights out to slow down Penn, Green and Toll. Any of these 5 men can break out on any play.

who-knew

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 27, 2018, 06:54:08 pm
Hazens D will need to be sharp to slow down LaGrange and Jackson. But on the other hand Mount Ida's D will have to play lights out to slow down Penn, Green and Toll. Any of these 5 men can break out on any play.
Since the rain is going to move in, I'm taking the Hornets 34-6 with an great performance on Defense

couch-coach06

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 27, 2018, 06:54:08 pm

Ida's best defense is gona be 7 minute scoreing drives

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'm thinking weather postponement until Saturday

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 27, 2018, 07:18:14 pm
Ida's best defense is gona be 7 minute scoreing drives

That's what I told someone today, if hazen keeps ida from having long drives, they win big, let them have a couple clock running drives and it could be a game

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 27, 2018, 07:19:56 pm
I'm thinking weather postponement until Saturday

That's what I told someone today, if hazen keeps ida from having long drives, they win big, let them have a couple clock running drives and it could be a game
Wouldn't hurt my feelings for them to play the game Thursday night

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 27, 2018, 07:25:58 pm
Wouldn't hurt my feelings for them to play the game Thursday night

I could make Thursday

Old Scrapper

72aDaddy

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 27, 2018, 03:48:00 pm
That is an exaggeration. They are all about the same height...probably around 5'11" and look the same or close to the same weight...between 200-210. As pick said though, plenty big for 2a.

Bulldogfan101

Does anyone know if there will be live feed?

Old Scrapper

Hazen doesn't do any live feed, not sure about Mount Ida

Bulldogfan101

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 27, 2018, 07:40:54 pm
That is an exaggeration. They are all about the same height...probably around 5'11" and look the same or close to the same weight...between 200-210. As pick said though, plenty big for 2a.
let's see center is 6"1, 255, LG is 5"10 245, LT is 6"3 220, and the right side is the same at 5"11, 215

jsw6f0

Such a warm feeling on this board makes me want to say something disparaging about Hazen or Mt Ida just to stir it up.

IdaLions

heck i'm just happy this isn't a 12 page thread like the one on the other side of the bracket😂 I guess i'm weird, I don't find those interesting. I cherish threads like these, both teams respect each other and know that they better bring their everything. I'm very excited to see Hazen play, because i'll be frank, I think that they are the best team in 2A. But do I think we have a shot, of course, we wouldn't be in the semi finals if we didn't.

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 27, 2018, 09:44:28 pm
Such a warm feeling on this board makes me want to say something disparaging about Hazen or Mt Ida just to stir it up.
Us hazen posters aren't used to it 😂 we had 22 pages of Hampton and 10 against gurdon so it almost feels like we are in a bye week with only 3 pages 😂😂

jdollar

Much respect on both sides. Should be a good game weather permitting!!

jsw6f0

I believe posters have been banned on the Foreman thread. I hope when it's Mt Ida and Foreman at Little Rock that thread does not get out of hand.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 28, 2018, 07:20:32 am
I believe posters have been banned on the Foreman thread. I hope when it's Mt Ida and Foreman at Little Rock that thread does not get out of hand.

So you actually think foreman and mount ida will come watch j.c. play hazen? That's awfully sweet of them to come support the teams that beat them. 😆😆

jsw6f0

Legacy Lion

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 28, 2018, 07:27:04 am
Shots fired.

Nah.....just blanks. Btw, in  this tenuous spirit of camaraderie, congrats to Pick, his DA Eagles  on their improvement this year! That  said, these Lions  have shown they should never be counted out. This team is the epitome of heart and grit. Go Lions! You DO have a chance  and I bet you come out ready to go!

Monsta

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 27, 2018, 07:40:54 pm
I cant help but question how good of a look you got at their linemen... I was on a chain crew for one of the purple bugs away games and they are a lot more chunky then 210-220lbs....

who-knew

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on November 28, 2018, 09:57:34 am
I cant help but question how good of a look you got at their linemen... I was on a chain crew for one of the purple bugs away games and they are a lot more chunky then 210-220lbs....
I'd say more along the lines of 240-260.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legacy Lion on November 28, 2018, 08:55:51 am
Nah.....just blanks. Btw, in  this tenuous spirit of camaraderie, congrats to Pick, his DA Eagles  on their improvement this year! That  said, these Lions  have shown they should never be counted out. This team is the epitome of heart and grit. Go Lions! You DO have a chance  and I bet you come out ready to go!

thanks for the kind words of the Eagles. but rest assured i shoot no blanks. lol

Hornetsfan02

Just found some of the spring weights and heights for like man. Starters from this year are 6-2 217, 6-3 220, 6-1 255, 5-10 205, 5-10 no weight listed, 5-10 245, 5-8 290. Tell me where you get a 205-210 average from this...

OLionSwag74

Ida has a guy 6"3 245, 5"11 260, 5"10 175, 5"10 225, 5"9 155.

Outloud

I think the school is gonna run a bus from the high school over to the football field. Since the parking area is muddy, they figured it would ease the mud riding and getting stuck.

Old Scrapper

How many pass plays are y'all practicing this week? 😎

couch-coach06

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 28, 2018, 07:01:25 pm
How many pass plays are y'all practicing this week? 😎

Lol coach white isn't gona change what he does ..

Hornetsfan02

Lions84

Go Scraper Hornets let that Purple Haze D lead you to victory!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas