• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc @ Mountain Pine rnd 2

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, November 09, 2018, 11:02:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc better play better in this game or it will be a long night.

Jawalpole

If Mountain Pine's defence wraps up and our field dries up Red Devils roll 42-14

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jawalpole on November 09, 2018, 11:27:39 pm
If Mountain Pine's defence wraps up and our field dries up Red Devils roll 42-14

They may beat des arc, but it will not be like that.

who-knew

dawgpound

Da is scrappy it won't be a blowout

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Jawalpole on November 09, 2018, 11:27:39 pm

What logic gave you that score? 

Redzone

I think it'll be a tight game, but MP pulls away at the end.

MP 35-24

cuz

Quote from: Redzone on November 10, 2018, 09:16:12 am
I think it'll be a tight game, but MP pulls away at the end.

MP 35-24
I think Des Arc got woke up last night. They should take this one....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 10, 2018, 10:43:55 am #8 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:24:28 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: cuz on November 10, 2018, 10:29:51 am
I think Des Arc got woke up last night. They should take this one....

I had known we only had 1 day of good practice all week. We have some parents that feel the need to tell their kids how easy they will win and how great they are at football, (I'm not saying not to support your kids, but there is a difference in supporting and blowing up their heads. Example the week after the bauxite game, those parents were inflating egos big time, when teenage boys dont need that). I figure we will have a better week of practice this week.

But now m.c. played a great game last night. Not taking anything away from them.

Hoping for an Eagles win, regardless of score.

RiverEagle079

I think des arc brings the hat this week da31-mp20

CaptainSwarm25

DA rolls in this one. These boys play in the 6-2A aka the best 2A conference in Arkansas. Eagles by 14!!

godgiven999

dragondad

Pulling for DA so Pick can make the drive to JC next week.   ;D

N2DEEP

Both teams are similar in offense.

Should be a close game Mt Pine 35 vs Des Arc 24

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2018, 11:58:42 am
Pulling for DA so Pick can make the drive to JC next week.   ;D

Hoping for that as well.

MUSTANGSALLY23

MP won't be able to handle DA up front. I'll go DA 28- MP 21

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Calpreps has it
Neutral field

M.p. 31

D.a. 30

72aDaddy

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 10, 2018, 02:32:14 pm
DA rolls in this one. These boys play in the 6-2A aka the best 2A conference in Arkansas. Eagles by 14!!
sike

Old Scrapper

Where is Mountain Pine? just wondered how long a trip DA has.

couch-coach06

Old Scrapper

N2DEEP

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 12, 2018, 03:41:43 pm
Take them about 2 hours.

school is letting out at 1, im guessing we are bringing a pep bus as well as the team, cheerleaders and band.

who-knew

Where's tiger blood, always waiting for his posts

tigerblood

November 13, 2018, 02:20:41 pm #24 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:24:20 pm by tigerblood
I got this friend named Earnest who lives a couple houses down from me. He use to bag groceries at the local market till they figured out he was swiping receipt paper from underneath the register. He'd been selling it on the black market to another local store. Anyway me and Earnest was driving the other day and he started talking crazy talk about how Des Arc had its luck run out last week. He didnt think the Eagles could handle Mountain Pine. So I pulled the truck over and said "Earnest you got about three seconds to take that back for I hit you so hard your momma is gunna feel it." He said "Listen *tigerblood* you're just gunna have to face reality and know that eventually Des Arc will lose." That's when it happened. I dont know how long I was out, but the only thing I knew was that Earnest was going to get it....

When the lights went out all I could hear was the voice in my head, the voice was oddly familiar. It was that of Ole Houdini Widener. At first I couldn't make out what he was saying. It grew louder and louder. "Big wheels keep on turning. Giving me a home to see my kin. Singing songs about the south land. I miss ole bamy once again and I think its a sin." Few things in life get me fired up. Discounts on Marlboro lights at the gas station, $2 off day old sirloins at the market, when my dog doesnt crap in the floor, and Lynard Skynard. I must've been out of the truck and swinging by the time I heard Brian 'The Wall' Paschal hit the back up vocals after 'in birmingham they love the Gov'nor' cause when he hit that boo-hoo-hoo, I was really swinging. Poor Earnest was knocked out cold. Houdini was hitting the guitar solo in the background by this time. I didnt really know what to do so I grabbed a cold natty out the back of the truck and dumped it on his face. He came to and said "Ive seen the light". I said "Heck naw you didnt, you saw a stone cold right hook son." He said "No you dont get it, Martin 'the bearded boy wonder' approached me from the light, wearing white robe and a smile, when you commenced to whoopin my tail." I said "What did he say?" He said "Nothing, thats the scary part. He just handed me a paper from his wonder beard. The paper said two words, Eagles win" Just then as we was standing on the road, a white van rolled up. Brian 'the wall' Paschal jumped out wearing a rather large mechanics jump suit, opened the back doors, and rolled out a 55 gallon drum with a small label that read 'whoop butt'. Once the van was gone, Earnest looked at me and said "What in the world is that?" I looked at him with a grin and said "An Eagle win". As we drove away with the drum, the sign said 'Des Arc 12 miles'. Earnest said, "I still dont understand how Brian knew where we were to drop off that drum..." I said "They dont call Widener 'Houdini' for nothing.

Des Arc 35-28

dawgpound

Old Scrapper

Old Scrapper

Quote from: tigerblood on November 13, 2018, 02:20:41 pm
I got this friend named Earnest who lives a couple houses down from me. He use to bag groceries at the local market till they figured out he was swiping receipt paper from underneath the register. He'd been selling it on the black market to another local store. Anyway me and Earnest was driving the other day and he started talking crazy talk about how Des Arc had its luck run out last week. He didnt think the Eagles could handle Mountain Pine. So I pulled the truck over and said "Earnest you got about three seconds to take that back for I hit you so hard your momma is gunna feel it." He said "Listen *tigerblood* you're just gunna have to face reality and know that eventually Des Arc will lose." That's when it happened. I dont know how long I was out, but the only thing I knew was that Earnest was going to get it....

When the lights went out all I could hear was the voice in my head, the voice was oddly familiar. It was that of Ole Houdini Widener. At first I couldn't make out what he was saying. It grew louder and louder. "Big wheels keep on turning. Giving me a home to see my kin. Singing songs about the south land. I miss ole bamy once again and I think its a sin." Few things in life get me fired up. Discounts on Marlboro lights at the gas station, $2 off day old sirloins at the market, when my dog doesnt crap in the floor, and Lynard Skynard. I must've been out of the truck and swinging by the time I heard Brian 'The Wall' Paschal hit the back up vocals after 'in birmingham they love the Gov'nor' cause when he hit that boo-hoo-hoo, I was really swinging. Poor Earnest was knocked out cold. Houdini was hitting the guitar solo in the background by this time. I didnt really know what to do so I grabbed a cold natty out the back of the truck and dumped it on his face. He came to and said "Ive seen the light". I said "Heck naw you didnt, you saw a stone cold right hook son." He said "No you dont get it, Martin 'the bearded boy wonder' approached me from the light, wearing white robe and a smile, when you commenced to whoopin my tail." I said "What did he say?" He said "Nothing, thats the scary part. He just handed me a paper from his wonder beard. The paper said two words, Eagles win" Just then as we was standing on the road, a white van rolled up. Brian 'the wall' Paschal jumped out wearing a rather large mechanics jump suit, opened the back doors, and rolled out a 55 gallon drum with a small label that read 'whoop butt'. Once the van was gone, Earnest looked at me and said "What in the world is that?" I looked at him with a grin and said "An Eagle win". As we drove away with the drum, the sign said 'Des Arc 12 miles'. Earnest said, "I still dont understand how Brian knew where we were to drop off that drum..." I said "They dont call Widener 'Houdini' for nothing.

Des Arc 35-28
+++++++10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Wildcatalumni21

I always look forward to his stories 😂😂😂

Hornetsfan02

Same wildcat. We may root for rival schools but this dude is an A+ character 😂😂

Jawalpole

Ou we sa ou genyen, ou pa konn sa ou rete.

Old Scrapper

I'm to slow to run and to fat to hide

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 13, 2018, 07:30:13 pm
Same wildcat. We may root for rival schools but this dude is an A+ character 😂😂
He is to the 6-2A as alaskanstorm is to the 4-2A and his stories about Magazine 😂

Jawalpole

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 10, 2018, 06:56:29 am
What logic gave you that score?
we have a good passing game for 2a when we feel comfortable enough to throw it and we usually are in position just dont always wrap up too many broken tackles. Our field is sloppy and we had more rain should be a dog fight if both teams are one dimensional.

Ole_Trickster

Well, if the eagles I know show up to play and mt pine doesn't cut DA's o-line (which they will do if they have any sense) then des arc takes this one easily.

Ole_Trickster

When you think about it, there is no rhyme or reason on why DA is even good they have small backs and average size lineman, idk how they have got this far but these kids are tough

Hawgpilot

Quote from: Ole_Trickster on November 13, 2018, 10:18:42 pm
When you think about it, there is no rhyme or reason on why DA is even good they have small backs and average size lineman, idk how they have got this far but these kids are tough

I'm thinking the magic carpet ride comes to an end this Friday.  MP by 7

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ole_Trickster on November 13, 2018, 10:18:42 pm

Average size linemen? 6'4 265, 6'3 230, 5'10 190, 5'11 218, 5'11 215

Small backs? We have 2 pretty decent sized ones. 11 is 6' 175, #6 5'8 180

dawgpound

They don't look that big on videos but they can be deceiving

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ole_Trickster on November 13, 2018, 10:06:10 pm
Well, if the eagles I know show up to play and mt pine doesn't cut DA's o-line (which they will do if they have any sense) then des arc takes this one easily.

Probably better come up with a different game plan than cut blocking, that's what m.c. and we still rushed for 320. Now that the line has seen that, has a week to prepare for it happening again, probably wont be as effective.

N2DEEP

But DA's running game did not beat MC. It was your fade passes we did not cover. DA scored what 3 TD's on fades. We sold out too much to stop the run and our CB's where not aware enough to cover and got there late each time. I figure we ran for as much yardage or more than DA did. The thing that cost us the most was turnovers. We had 2 DA had 0. The  second turnover directly led to a TD before half, just as we did vs Mtn Pine.

This should be a good game and Mt Pine's tall receiver will be the X factor in the game. vs MC he just went over our CB's even when we had good coverage. They just threw it up and he caught all but 1 of them.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 14, 2018, 07:07:51 am #41 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:11:58 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: N2DEEP on November 14, 2018, 06:54:52 am
But DA's running game did not beat MC. It was your fade passes we did not cover. DA scored what 3 TD's on fades. We sold out too much to stop the run and our CB's where not aware enough to cover and got there late each time. I figure we ran for as much yardage or more than DA did. The thing that cost us the most was turnovers. We had 2 DA had 0. The  second turnover directly led to a TD before half, just as we did vs Mtn Pine.

This should be a good game and Mt Pine's tall receiver will be the X factor in the game. vs MC he just went over our CB's even when we had good coverage. They just threw it up and he caught all but 1 of them.

Yall played a great game, my point was we still rushed for our average. And no, yall only had 244 rushing and 105 passing.

Dont tell everyone we can actually pass the ball. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

THIS GAME HAS BEEN MOVED TO FOUNTAIN LAKE BECAUSE OF UNSAFE FIELS CONDITIONS AT MOUNTAI PINE.

Ole_Trickster

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 10:44:43 pm
Average size linemen? 6'4 265, 6'3 230, 5'10 190, 5'11 218, 5'11 215

Small backs? We have 2 pretty decent sized ones. 11 is 6' 175, #6 5'8 180
yeah and they all run 4.8s and when u average 220 across the line that's average

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ole_Trickster on November 14, 2018, 09:53:37 am
yeah and they all run 4.8s and when u average 220 across the line that's average

ok

tigerblood

Shoot man. Unsafe field conditions... I know my boys over here in green like the field like pigs like their stalls, nice and sloppy. Green grass, mud, or turf yall better look out cause the big green train is coming to your city. Hide your kids, hide your wives, and hide your husbands cause when Houdini Widener rides into town on the wings of eagles it'll all be over. Lucky for the good folks of Fountain Lake, they'll get an up close and personal view of Brian 'The Wall' Paschal in rare playoff form...what a sight. If you get real lucky you may see some crazy blitz packages pulled straight from Martin Guthrie's wonder beard. Shoot, makes me wanna stone cold two natty's, watch an episode of Judge Judy, and sing the national anthem!!! Im fired up!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

des arc has played twice on turf this year, they will be able to display all that speed we have.

WampusCat30

Des Arc is my sleeper in the playoffs. Mountain Pine gives them a game but Des Arc pulls it out in the end 34-29

Ricky Bobby

Pick used two words that ought never be in the same sentence... Des Arc... and speed.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on November 14, 2018, 01:30:16 pm
Pick used two words that ought never be in the same sentence... Des Arc... and speed.

lol, its all relevant to our offense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas