• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Christian at Texarkana

Started by PA Dad, November 09, 2018, 09:45:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

November 14, 2018, 12:30:42 pm #50 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:32:33 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 14, 2018, 11:53:36 am
I guess you are confused we never said we are unbeatable! Show me where that was said. We just knew CF wouldnt beat us !! Where is CF playing this week?
Lol, my bad. Guess I just took all the noise talk the wrong way. The way you guys were talking earlier I just couldn't help but to think that  ;D. And I told you that Texarkana would beat CF did I not? Just because I'm a CF fan doesn't mean I won't keep it real.

Hogman are you trying to flip the scrip? ;)

010hogfan

Texarkana will win this game. LRC is absolute garbage on defense and we know what wins this time of year. Justice Hill is good and the offense will be able to score some points, but I'm expecting a 48-40 kind of game. Txk runningbacks are the real deal

Hogman2018

Youngsta I like you ! U do keep it real i was just messing with you!!

AHS06

Quote from: 010hogfan on November 14, 2018, 12:46:10 pm
Texarkana will win this game. LRC is absolute garbage on defense and we know what wins this time of year. Justice Hill is good and the offense will be able to score some points, but I'm expecting a 48-40 kind of game. Txk runningbacks are the real deal
Can't call LRCA defense garbage and then say they'll score 40 on us lol. If we start fast I like our chances.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 14, 2018, 12:47:59 pm
Youngsta I like you ! U do keep it real i was just messing with you!!
No doubt. It's all in good fun. Being honest when I heard Texarkana was dropping down to 5A I said oh sh*t we're in trouble lol.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 14, 2018, 11:58:20 am
I promise you LRC will not score 50 on our defense! LRC is pretty good on offense but have not seen speed like Texarkana has on defense! SPEED kills

I wouldn't promise - they are explosive on offense. The problem is that if they actually do score 50, I see Texarkana scoring 60+.

010hogfan

Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2018, 12:57:14 pm
Can't call LRCA defense garbage and then say they'll score 40 on us lol. If we start fast I like our chances.

Eh. Both offenses are good and AHS has the better defense. LRCA gave up over 60 points a couple weeks ago to a team with a terrible record. Expect it to be a high scoring affair either way.

Rocket23

With all three starting linebackers out.  They are back Friday.  Texarkana's rbs will gash some runs and will move the ball.  But they have speed too and will hit you.

It will be an entertaining game without a doubt.  Go ahead and think this defense is garbage.

Rocket23

I think it is gonna be Naaman's then.  I use them sometimes for catering, and bbq is one of the few things my son and I agree on.

Texarkana_Piggie

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 14, 2018, 08:56:15 pm
I think it is gonna be Naaman's then.  I use them sometimes for catering, and bbq is one of the few things my son and I agree on.
i love naaman's.  their ribs are so good!

Rocket23

Dadgum you Piggie!  I had my mind made up and you done went and confused me.  I clicked on the website and now I think I am switching.  Those burgers and bbq looked very tantalizing.

010hogfan

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 14, 2018, 08:50:24 pm
With all three starting linebackers out.  They are back Friday.  Texarkana's rbs will gash some runs and will move the ball.  But they have speed too and will hit you.

It will be an entertaining game without a doubt.  Go ahead and think this defense is garbage.

Hmm. I guess that could definitely make a difference. Didn't know that. Agree on everyone saying Naaman's. Best BBQ I've had maybe ever. Only KC BBQ comes close.

Hogman2018

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2018, 01:35:10 pm
I wouldn't promise - they are explosive on offense. The problem is that if they actually do score 50, I see Texarkana scoring 60+.
They wont score that many! Hard to score if they dont have the ball!! Hill the QB will get hit more than he has ever got hit in a game! Get the back up QB ready he might make a business decision!! Lol

Overdahill

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 15, 2018, 02:12:08 pm
They wont score that many! Hard to score if they dont have the ball!! Hill the QB will get hit more than he has ever got hit in a game! Get the back up QB ready he might make a business decision!! Lol

Hello? They'll get the ball plenty; after every time you score!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on November 15, 2018, 05:46:38 pm

They plan on getting every onside kick

Hogman2018

Quote from: Overdahill on November 15, 2018, 05:46:38 pm
I hope your right!!  Lol

CoachRH

TexArcana is a pretty good team.
I would expect them to pull this one out!

Yellowcake

How many students are at Texarkana high? 900? 850?

Zeus

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 15, 2018, 09:40:43 pm
How many students are at Texarkana high? 900? 850?
You mean Arkansas High? I believe there are five or six high schools in Texarkana. 850-900 sounds about right, because they've been losing students to the other high schools in town. Especially Texas high and Pleasant Grove.

AHS06

Quote from: Zeus on November 15, 2018, 10:56:14 pm
You mean Arkansas High? I believe there are five or six high schools in Texarkana. 850-900 sounds about right, because they've been losing students to the other high schools in town. Especially Texas high and Pleasant Grove.
I think the new middle school will help with our enrollment numbers.  We were one of the largest 6A schools during the split in 2006 and over the last decade we've been on a downward trend losing students.  The numbers are still steady in the elementary schools but there's a big drop entering middle school and junior high.

incogneto

Quote from: Zeus on November 15, 2018, 10:56:14 pm
This shouldn't even be a contest with LRCA having less than 420 students. 

AHS06

Quote from: incogneto on November 16, 2018, 08:44:02 am
This shouldn't even be a contest with LRCA having less than 420 students.
So PA and McClellan shouldn't be close lol You obviously don't understand the difference.

Rocket23

I think incogneto was being facetious.

Texarkana is 457
LRCA is 405
PA 310

Top 4A school is Mills at 497.

hogjay

JessieP

Quote from: AHS06 on November 16, 2018, 09:00:31 am
So PA and McClellan shouldn't be close lol You obviously don't understand the difference.

Although this has been discussed ad nauseam let's do a Readers Digest condensed explanation. Enrollment numbers are only a factor when specific boundaries (Public schools) are an issue. A school with open borders (Private schools) is not limited in classification. Public schools can field a team drawing from 450 students that live in the school's boundaries. Private schools can draw from 350 students that live anywhere. Although it is legal private schools have a massive advantage when it comes to sports.

Hoghead2

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 12:47:22 pm
Although this has been discussed ad nauseam let's do a Readers Digest condensed explanation. Enrollment numbers are only a factor when specific boundaries (Public schools) are an issue. A school with open borders (Private schools) is not limited in classification. Public schools can field a team drawing from 450 students that live in the school's boundaries. Private schools can draw from 350 students that live anywhere. Although it is legal private schools have a massive advantage when it comes to sports.

Not quite anywhere:

Rule 1. DOMICILE
B. Nonpublic Schools
    2. After July 1 prior to entering the 7th grade, a student whose parents live outside a 25-mile radius of a nonpublic school must make a bona fide move within a 25-mile radius of the school that the student will attend to become eligible.

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on November 16, 2018, 02:12:39 pm
Not quite anywhere:

Rule 1. DOMICILE
B. Nonpublic Schools
    2. After July 1 prior to entering the 7th grade, a student whose parents live outside a 25-mile radius of a nonpublic school must make a bona fide move within a 25-mile radius of the school that the student will attend to become eligible.

That is true, I took some liberties with my superlative. It is a 25 mile radius. But show me any public school in the United States, in a populated area, that has a boundary of 2000 square miles? When you factor that the population density of Pulaski County, 504 per sm, That's a big drawing area. Basically it's all of Pulaski County. How can schools like Blytheville, Wynne, Batesville, Morrilton, Harrison or the majority of 5A teams compete with that? Pulaski County has a potential drawing area of 395,000, Independence County has a drawing area of 37,000. Mathematically who has an easier chance of getting 70 great football players, The one with 395k or the one with 37k?

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 02:55:03 pm
That is true, I took some liberties with my superlative. It is a 25 mile radius. But show me any public school in the United States, in a populated area, that has a boundary of 2000 square miles? When you factor that the population density of Pulaski County, 504 per sm, That's a big drawing area. Basically it's all of Pulaski County. How can schools like Blytheville, Wynne, Batesville, Morrilton, Harrison or the majority of 5A teams compete with that? Pulaski County has a potential drawing area of 395,000, Independence County has a drawing area of 37,000. Mathematically who has an easier chance of getting 70 great football players, The one with 395k or the one with 37k?

Just don't be taking any liberties with his Limo driver or you will see the ugly side of M.G. Krebs!

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 16, 2018, 03:04:38 pm
Just don't be taking any liberties with his Limo driver or you will see the ugly side of M.G. Krebs!

Do I look stupid to you? Last time I was there I was going to place a Pioneer sticker in the restroom. Two large men in silk track suits introduced themselves to me. I remember both their names ended in vowels, If you catch my drift. They said they were associates of Don Krebs and they highly recommended I don't do that. I ran back to the visitor side crying like a 9 year old girl.

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 02:55:03 pm

While your mathematics are theoretically true, the reality is that that on LRCA's varsity roster, all live in West LR except for four. And those four, while they are personally great kids, they are not key players that were recruited (all have been here since elementary school).

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on November 16, 2018, 04:03:48 pm
While your mathematics are theoretically true, the reality is that that on LRCA's varsity roster, all live in West LR except for four. And those four, while they are personally great kids, they are not key players that were recruited (all have been here since elementary school).

So you're saying that, Hypothetically, If LRCA were a public school with the same boundaries as every other school every player on that roster, Save four, would still be on the team? No one on that roster lives closer to Hall, Central, Parkview, McClellan or Fair? You must also consider the collateral effect. A player that lives in let's say Hall's boundaries, And attends LRCA, not only strengthens LRCA but weakens Hall. If in fact every roster player would still be closest to LRCA than a public school then the argument is wrong. If they in fact cross boundaries then it is a clear advantage. It's funny to me that the PA posters acknowledge and admit that private schools do enjoy that advantage, LRCA posters deny it.

AHS06

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 05:16:35 pm
So you're saying that, Hypothetically, If LRCA were a public school with the same boundaries as every other school every player on that roster, Save four, would still be on the team? No one on that roster lives closer to Hall, Central, Parkview, McClellan or Fair? You must also consider the collateral effect. A player that lives in let's say Hall's boundaries, And attends LRCA, not only strengthens LRCA but weakens Hall. If in fact every roster player would still be closest to LRCA than a public school then the argument is wrong. If they in fact cross boundaries then it is a clear advantage. It's funny to me that the PA posters acknowledge and admit that private schools do enjoy that advantage, LRCA posters deny it.
+1

incogneto

Easy there hot rod.  A poster doesn't equal posters.  If what one poster said were a consensus of a whole community I would think all of Batesville was filled with weak minded overly emotional men after reading your posts.  There is an advantage that's why LRCA and PA aren't playing in 3A.

RazorDad

Your supposition is based on a false premise. You think all the top athletes in central are being recruited or drawn to private schools. The reality is that most of the athletes in central Arkansas that go on to the next level come from the public schools, not the privates.

The real advantages of the private schools are culture, expectations and parental involvement/support, not recruiting and certainly not cherry picking from the public schools.

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on November 16, 2018, 05:58:20 pm
Your supposition is based on a false premise. You think all the top athletes in central are being recruited or drawn to private schools. The reality is that most of the athletes in central Arkansas that go on to the next level come from the public schools, not the privates.

The real advantages of the private schools are culture, expectations and parental involvement/support, not recruiting and certainly not cherry picking from the public schools.

That is a very true statement. I think it's more due to sheer numbers though, Nationally 85% of high school students attend public schools. The other points you make I would agree with except for one question, Why do they put such emphasis on sports? Look at IVY league schools, They field teams but overall they suck. They are about academics first and foremost. They put their money where their mouth is, Or should we say they don't put their money. Do private schools cherry pick? Not really. You don't need to cherry pick to gain an advantage. A few good players from here or there can put you over the top. Two questions for you, You may not answer honestly because I'm so obnoxious, I get that, I'd hate me too. But ask yourself these 2 things, If LRCA decided to drop all sports and focus on the things you said would every player on the football stay? I seriously doubt it. The last one is more direct, How come athletes receive a higher level of financial aid then the general population of students? If there was zero recruiting than the numbers would be in lock step. Athletes get aid/scholarships at a much higher percentage than just student students. I get that Arkansas doesn't have the number of schools to do it but why do California, Texas, Ohio, Florida and other states separate public from private schools in divisions or for titles? They do it because they acknowledge private schools have a major advantage, It's not a level playing field.

AHS06

Warrior fans welcome to Razorback Stadium home of the original Razorbacks. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Texarkana_Piggie

Texarkana_Piggie

What a catch by Mask in the end zone! 
17-14 hogs at the half

010hogfan

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 16, 2018, 08:11:01 pm
What a catch by Mask in the end zone! 
17-14 hogs at the half

that blocked punt was also huge

Texarkana_Piggie

Texarkana_Piggie

AHS06

DevilDog59

Texarkana_Piggie

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on November 16, 2018, 09:06:05 pm
Hogs are getting outcoached.

amen to that.  i left.  too cold for bad football.  i was cold and tired.  don't need this frustration.  go hogs! 

Texarkana_Piggie

we can't stop a cold.  another td for them.  they are just playing pitch and catch now.  42-24 lrca

TNT_15

Hogs getting outclassed as expected. They did better than I thought they would. Should be proud to have scored 24+ points.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas