• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A IS THIS THE YEAR OF THE DRAGONS?

Started by Dragonsvoice, September 25, 2018, 07:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

COULD IT BE THE YEAR OF THE DRAGONS WHEN WE FINALLY WIN A DIVISION TITLE?

not having yet to play a conference game IMO we are posed to make a good run at it. with what I think is a strong performance against Greenland witch got a way from us in the fourth quater and some convincing wins in the games we have played so far. if there ever was a chance to hold the title this could be it. And I wish nothing less for Coach Harrell and Nolan than just that.

if we can make some defense adjustments and play to our potential I think it could happen. even though there's has always been a team to nock us out like a Hector, Magazine and Hackett. IMO we have the talent to pull it off this year.

I've been through the highs and lows thick and thin with the Burg since 2007. I know we have a lot of games left to play and anything can happen any Friday night But as a Homer and A Dragon Fan I'm Hoping for the best.

SO GO BIG BLUE WIN OR LOOSE YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!

Sincerely, Dragonsvoice

alaskanstorm

I wasn't going to post and ruin your enthusiasm but the answer is NOOOOO.  Just hated for your thread to be all crickets.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 25, 2018, 08:14:23 pm
I wasn't going to post and ruin your enthusiasm but the answer is NOOOOO.  Just hated for your thread to be all crickets.
has someone hacked your name or what you are a little out there

Dragonsvoice

And also I don't judge my myself on the # of social media hits I get lol

alaskanstorm

Serious question about the Greenland game because it mystified me a little.  Is Greenland still running the shotgun formation where they three hop the hike to the QB and he then runs around like a chicken with his head cute off?

Prouddragondad

September 25, 2018, 08:42:44 pm #5 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:46:02 pm by Prouddragondad
See I was going to stop saying anything on your look back at the past thread you been posting cause that's all you got is the past. The last 4 yrs Burg has beat your rattlers by a average of 35 points which that would equal a mercy rule just incase you couldn't comprehend that. Your rattlers are only averaging 19 ppg which isnt enough points to keep up with the Burg and giving up 23 ppg shows that your not close to a Ray Lewis Baltimore Ravens defense. See you can't tackle someone when you can't catch them and you don't have anyone that can catch the rb's. Burg just maybe the biggest team Magazine will see all year and after Hector hurts your feelings next Friday the Burg will end all hopes of being a top 2 seed a couple weeks later.

DnA Prostaff

Wishing Burg the best. Hornets are down so if we can't win it I hope the Dragons do!

Hornet4ever

This certainly looks like the year for the Dragons. It will be interesting to watch the Magazine and Hector game for them. I might make that trip for both games.

Prouddragondad

I do agree that Mtburg has a good chance of winning the conference this year but you got to take it one game at a time. Hackett may be down but can still beat you and Magazine is showing they are ready to be a contender and we all know how good Hector is every year. Plus WYC is no push over this year and Lavaca seems to have figured some things out last couple games and are looking better. I'm just glad to see teams like Magazine and WYC improving to help make this conference better. Tougher competition will help come playoff time.

alaskanstorm

Keep preaching speed, speed, corner, corner PDD; the rattlers are improving defensively each week by emphasizing contain and team dirty pursuit.  Plus the rattlers will have about 4 weeks of scouting and know how to attack burg's D.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 26, 2018, 01:53:39 pm
Keep preaching speed, speed, corner, corner PDD; the rattlers are improving defensively each week by emphasizing contain and team dirty pursuit.  Plus the rattlers will have about 4 weeks of scouting and know how to attack burg's D.

I keep preaching speed cause anyone with common sense knows that speed kills especially in 2A.

HorseFeathers

Speed don't matter when it's laying on the ground in the backfield 🤷

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 26, 2018, 02:55:29 pm

This^^^

Hackett has plenty of speed. But we lack in the trenches this season. Teams with a fast and bigger defensive line and secondary have taken advantage of that this season.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 26, 2018, 02:31:16 pm
I keep preaching speed cause anyone with common sense knows that speed kills especially in 2A.
If we can get the Defense and the speed to go together it will be a deadly combination. And Speed often does kill in 2A But A good Defense can stop a speed team too. Like when the Monte Thomas Bus was coming to the Burg. And the Burgs defense shut him down. That's why I said if we can get the D in order the Burg can be contenders, but we will have to see how the season progresses.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 26, 2018, 02:55:29 pm

If you don't have a offense line then that's true but so far Burg's line has shown to be pretty dang good and hopefully they will continue to open up hole for the rbs.

Dragonsvoice

September 26, 2018, 05:26:19 pm #15 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 05:53:26 pm by Dragonsvoice
On another note about the Greenland game this years team showed that they will compete to the final whistle blows. Not to put the past players down but I haven't seen a Burg team in a long time come out of half time being behind on the scoreboard and come out regain the lead trade punches, until the final down. Yes we lost but I haven't seen that kind of attitude around here in a while maybe since the Carr twins (Dillon & Dallas)  played here. That game gave me the hope of a special team this year!

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 26, 2018, 05:01:22 pm

If we can get the Defense and the speed to go together it will be a deadly combination. And Speed often does kill in 2A But A good Defense can stop a speed team too. Like when the Monte Thomas Bus was coming to the Burg. And the Burgs defense shut him down. That's why I said if we can get the D in order the Burg can be contenders, but we will have to see how the season progresses.
[/quote

Monte Thomas problem was the o-line was terrible look what happen the next year he has better blocking and we all know what that led to. You got to have a line that can open up some lanes but with speed it only takes one time to block correctly and boom TD. Yes our defense needs to step it up and if they do which they can then yes we can win the conference.

Dragonsvoice

I would like to see if any team who has four players approaching 300yrds rushing in three games and having played two 3A teams. Lavaca has one player who has rushed for 486yrds and they have 174yrds passing. and one of our RB's only playing two games

HorseFeathers

Hector QB has 435...RB has 200+(he didn't play most of the Atkins game I don't think), another back has 150+(he only played in 3 games too)...with your 3a as the measuring stick, Hector's played 3 of em 😉

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on September 26, 2018, 05:51:43 pm
I would like to see if any team who has four players approaching 300yrds rushing in three games and having played two 3A teams. Lavaca has one player who has rushed for 486yrds and they have 174yrds passing. and one of our RB's only playing two games
All 3 teams we have played are 3A even though 1 wasn't very good.

alaskanstorm

I never thought I would say but glad to have you back H4E and I agree w HF it's not gonna happen when your counting stars.  I'm just glad there is now a couple guys on this thread who understand the game.  It was starting to sound awfully familiar to all those Kenneth Dixon poster from back in the day.  We evented speed, you've never seen speed let alone anyone who can run, blah blah blah.  It was also starting to remind me of emails I would get form this mom after she had polished off a couple "frosties" asking; what do you mean my son won't win?  What do you mean my son is not fast?  We moved here do to the state of the art medical facilities and on and on.  I'll tell y'all about that game tomorrow.

Prouddragondad

You know alaskanstorm I actually like Magazine I've got several good friends that live there and spent many summers fishing there as a kid. The thing that gets me is HF and Wildcatalumni always support Hector win or loss and H4E does the same for Hackett. This is also what dragonvoice and I do with Burg. Now I've been on FF for 4 yrs now and haven't heard a word from you I guess it's because magazine was struggling but now that they seem to be turning it around again here you come talking smack I think you would call that a bandwagon fan or fair weather fan. I realize you like to try and get under people's skin and thats funny to me so just keep telling your stories from the past cause I actually like them and like I said before come week 9 we will have our chance to disagree with each other. Right now all we care about is Lavaca and by the way anyone that knows me will tell you I'm not one that you want to go against on who knows more about the game of football but I did lol on your statement. Anyway good luck to Magazine in coming games see you guys week 9. Got to get ready to cheer on my son and the team Friday night. Oh by the way he has speed to lol!

HorseFeathers

Prouddragondad

Hornet4ever

HorseFeathers

Last time I had a dinner date with you, I got stood up....

Dragonsvoice

September 28, 2018, 06:30:07 pm #26 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:31:44 pm by Dragonsvoice
the Alaskin living with high hopes witch is good so do the Burgers, but if the Burg beat Cedarville 40-28 and Bigelow beat Cedarville 25-20, and Bigelow beat the Ziners' 20-6 not to look to much into like opponent's because we all improve over the season but????

Oh well we will all find out week 8,9, and 10.

everyone has to play week to week so Dragons take care of the Golden Arrows tonight and then the Ziners' get
hector the next week some more evidence of what the future holds for all teams

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 28, 2018, 04:42:03 pm
Last time I had a dinner date with you, I got stood up....

Don't start drama on this thread now... We had a successful McDonald's date before the state game a few years ago....

HorseFeathers

Yeah it's weird....You couldn't show up to a date in your own hometown though 🤷🤷

Anyway....Last night went about as expected. Only suprises was the margin of victory for Hackett to me... Guess I may still be selling magazine short.. We'll find out next week when Hector makes the trip over there..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 29, 2018, 09:50:20 am
Yeah it's weird....You couldn't show up to a date in your own hometown though 🤷🤷

Anyway....Last night went about as expected. Only suprises was the margin of victory for Hackett to me... Guess I may still be selling magazine short.. We'll find out next week when Hector makes the trip over there..

::)

Prouddragondad

Hackett's offense was due for a big breakout so I wasn't surprised. Plus i think some teams just match up better with certain teams.

Dragonsvoice

The Burg picks up another W over the Arrows sounds like it was a good game. This week JCW another W I hope!

Dragonsvoice

Good luck to my boys from the Burg. Play big, play hard and play fast lets pick up another W! Go Big Blue ;D ;D

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 25, 2018, 08:42:44 pm
See I was going to stop saying anything on your look back at the past thread you been posting cause that's all you got is the past. The last 4 yrs Burg has beat your rattlers by a average of 35 points which that would equal a mercy rule just incase you couldn't comprehend that. Your rattlers are only averaging 19 ppg which isnt enough points to keep up with the Burg and giving up 23 ppg shows that your not close to a Ray Lewis Baltimore Ravens defense. See you can't tackle someone when you can't catch them and you don't have anyone that can catch the rb's. Burg just maybe the biggest team Magazine will see all year and after Hector hurts your feelings next Friday the Burg will end all hopes of being a top 2 seed a couple weeks later.
......... ;)

simply stated

I believe the Rattlers sent notice that they may have a say in the conference championship! The burg just needs to hope there is another Long Yang sighting!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 25, 2018, 08:42:44 pm
Burg just maybe the biggest team Magazine will see all year and after Hector hurts your feelings next Friday the Burg will end all hopes of being a top 2 seed a couple weeks later.

I hope Burg hurts our feelings like Hector hurt our feelings.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 06, 2018, 04:32:20 pm
I hope Burg hurts our feelings like Hector hurt our feelings.

I was surprised by Magazine. Congrats on the win! I don't usually make statements like that but alaskanstorm wouldn't quit running Burg down so had to try and stand up for them guess he got under my skin some lol. Magazine definitely got Burg's full attention and I'm sure we will be ready come week 9 glad it's at our place. Not going to worry about you guys right now got to get ready for WYC and Hackett first. I am glad to see the conference having 4 or 5 good teams going to help come playoff time. Going to be interesting the last few weeks of the season. Good luck next week.

alaskanstorm

Da Burg's schedule ends @hacket, magazine and @hector.  They will lose not only one but probably two of those games.  The best they can hope for is a three way tie for first and hopefully get the 1 seed on points.  However the rattlers are not gonna let that happen.  Which is why I am putting my support behind the hornets this upcoming week.  If they can pull of the win, it will give them the confidence need to knock of the burg in week 8.  It will also give hector the chip on their shoulder, in week 10, needed to prove they are still have a say how the conference finishes.

Dragonsvoice

I just wanted to give a that a boy to the offense of the burg if the stats are up to date we have #5 with 490yrds rushing. # 6 with 404yrds rushing, #14 with 258 and # 39 with 371yrds rushing, with a combined total team rushing of 1721 yards not bad for a small town team having four players sharing the load most have one or two great job Dragons lets keep rolling against WYC! Go Big Blue!!

Dragonsvoice

Its not over yet but I want to enjoy the moment, in the words of Hank Jr. it feels good to "have our name at the top of the page". Sounds like Hackett will be the first test at the hornetsnest we have always struggled there, but I have high hopes for the Dragons. Go Big Blue Keep Rolling ;D ;D

rattlerfan24

beach bum

Mountainburgs about to rip off 5 more consecutive wins all the way to the semifinals... you heard it here first

HorseFeathers

How do you like your crow? Just in case ya know 😉

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 11:23:57 pm

That Lavaca game was shocking... 4-2A roller coaster keeps rolling.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 11:23:57 pm

That Lavaca game was shocking... 4-2A roller coaster keeps rolling.

HorseFeathers

I'll give an opinion on Lavaca next week....I was shocked last week the way Magazine manhandled Hector.... Magazine was clearly the best team on the field that night, but I'm still not convinced that Magazine is the better team overall if that makes sense.... But if Lavaca handles hector my opinion won't matter haha

beach bum

This is the first time I have ever seen the 4-2A have five legimately solid teams... usually a top 2 or 3 then the quality falls off a cliff after that. Not this year

rattlerfan24

Magazine was fun to watch on Offense tonight...very hard to watch the Defense.  If that doesn't get fixed......season wont last much longer...

rattlerfan24

Sounds like the Hackett/Hector game was incredible

HorseFeathers

Didn't go....got off work to late to want to make the drive.... But sounded like neither defense showed up in the 2nd half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas