• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Toughest Conference in 2A

Started by IdaLions, September 25, 2018, 08:42:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

Does anyone else have a opinion about this? Do you think your conference is #1? My list is

1.)7-2A
2.)8-2A(Very Close and possibly could be at #1)
3.) 6-2A
4.) 4-2A(Could be at #3 possibly)
5.) 5-2A
6.) 3-2A

I put 3-2A last because I honestly don't know much about the teams there this year.

stuck in between

If you were just talking about the top 3-4 I'd have to give the nod to the 7, but being that the 8 lost two of their cellar dwellers to 8-man ball they are probably the toughest from top to bottom.

i40traveler

8 is the best top to bottom

7 is the best 1-4

6 Has 2 good teams

nobody has anyone very good, the state champ will come from those 3

Lionsquatch

I agree with these.  7 is the best from the view of actual playoff contenders

HOLLYWOOD

its sad that 7-2A is the toughest conference in 2AA. I think it is safe to say that 2A is down this year.

stuck in between

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on September 25, 2018, 01:13:11 pm
its sad that 7-2A is the toughest conference in 2AA. I think it is safe to say that 2A is down this year.

Please explain why you feel this way.

Eslim03

There is too much stock in the bottom half of these conferences. Who cares what conference has the best non playoff teams. When looking at the topic of the best conference look at the actual teams that will be playing after November 2 with a chance to play at war memorial. With that said the 7 is the clear favorite but the 8 along with the 6 have three good teams. Not sure which conference would be second because Earle, Hazen and Des Arc just may be better than the 8's top dogs. It's still early in conference but things will start to take shape soon.

Eslim03

September 25, 2018, 09:42:27 pm #7 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:46:50 pm by Eslim03

I guess if you believe this then 2a Ball is down for the third year in a row. You do realize the state champion is from this conference the last two years.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 25, 2018, 09:32:02 pm
There is too much stock in the bottom half of these conferences. Who cares what conference has the best non playoff teams. When looking at the topic of the best conference look at the actual teams that will be playing after November 2 with a chance to play at war memorial. With that said the 7 is the clear favorite but the 8 along with the 6 have three good teams. Not sure which conference would be second because Earle, Hazen and Des Arc just may be better than the 8's top dogs. It's still early in conference but things will start to take shape soon.

Agree .. except gurdon has never been good in the playoffs even when haveing great regular seasons and mineral won it's first playoff game in forever last and although I do believe they are improved .. have proven little through 4 weeks of football .basically the 7 has two legit threats at this time with one possibly budding

bleudog

September 25, 2018, 10:49:41 pm #9 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:20:31 pm by bleudog
2A Region 8    (16.20)
2A Region 7    (20.60)
2A Region 5    (21.10)
2A Region 3    (23.00)
2A Region 6    (24.70)
2A Region 4    (30.10)

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_leagues.htm

HOLLYWOOD

So it's in agreement that 2A is actually up this year in terms of talented teams?

Hornet4ever

This is completely ridiculous

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 26, 2018, 10:07:41 pm
This is completely ridiculous
+1 Agreed. Its completely impossible that one conference that normally is average could rise up isn't it?

AverageJo24

I believe its 6. They have quite a few teams that could very easily be the last one standing. Earle, Hazen, Des Arc have to be in the picture.

bearfan

The toughest conference is the 8. Just overall better teams

Lionsquatch

The one thing about high school football is that teams can change so much from one year to another that even with 4 weeks in the books it is still hard to judge topics as big as this.  All of the conferences have good playoff contending teams but we will have to wait till November to see who the best conference is.  However, it is fun to talk trash early on ;D

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Lionsquatch on September 27, 2018, 11:37:20 am
The one thing about high school football is that teams can change so much from one year to another that even with 4 weeks in the books it is still hard to judge topics as big as this.  All of the conferences have good playoff contending teams but we will have to wait till November to see who the best conference is.  However, it is fun to talk trash early on ;D
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas