• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 5

Started by stuck in between, September 24, 2018, 09:12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

September 24, 2018, 09:12:55 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:46:00 pm by stuck in between
There weren't any surprises last week in the 7-2A. Mount Ida, Foreman, Gurdon, and Murfreesboro all got wins in games in which they should have. As we move into week five both Lafayette County and Dierks are still looking for their first win. Murfreesboro improved to 2-2 and got their first conference victory since week 10 of the 2016 season. Spring Hill lost their third consecutive conference opener and dropped to 1-2 while Mineral Springs suffered their first loss of the season and fell to Mount Ida for the fifth straight time. Looking forward to this weeks game I really only see one, possibly two that should be up for debate while the other two should be fairly easily won.

Gurdon @ Mineral Springs- The Go-Devils have struggled a little offensively averaging under 11 ppg. in their last three contest. However their defense has been stingy only allowing 41 total points with the bulk of that coming against a class 4A Haskell who has only been held under 30 but once this year. Mineral ran into a roadblock on their quest to get back to being a conference contender. Prior to last week the Hornets have had plenty of firepower having averaged better than 27 points in their first three games. Not only did Mineral lose the game, but they also lost what many refer to as their best player for the first half due to an ejection. To me this is a toss up, but in the end I will pick Gurdon by 1 due to their line play.

Spring Hill @ Lafayette County - The Bears joined the Cougars and the Outlaws with having a losing record thanks to a 39-0 loss against Foreman last week while the Cougars were busy being shut out by a Murfreesboro team that had been giving up 38 ppg. before blanking them. The Bears lone win came against Genoa whose lone win came against Lafayette. The Cougars have only mustered 26 total points this year. While they may add to that total I do not think they will add to their win total. I'm going with the Bears by 10 in the end.

Foreman @ Dierks - The Gators and the Outlaws both own perfect records just on opposite ends of the spectrum. Things are awful blue in Dierks right now (pun intended). The Outlaws have yet to be in a game this season. The Gators are fresh off from two straight shutouts where they have outscored their opponents 73-0. Although they still do not look quite like the team from last year they appear to be improving week in and week out. Dierks on the other hand has averaged giving up a hair over 39 ppg. While putting up less than 8. No matter how hard I try I just can't make a game out of this one. If the Gators show up they should win this one handily. Foreman by 35.

Mount Ida @ Murfreesboro - The Rattlers moved to 2-2 last Friday and pitched their first shutout since week two of 2014. At this pace Murfreesboro should rival Spring Hill for a play-off spot which would be huge considering their 0-10 season last year. Mount Ida showed that they were still playing for a conference crown last week when they dismantled what was at the time a 3-0 and red hot Mineral Springs team. Ida is allowing less than five ppg. While forcing 29 ppg. Murfreesboro is no doubt improving, but they have not reached the level that the Lions are at. Mount Ida should be untested. Lions by 35.

couch-coach06

Looks pretty good .. I'll take mineral in there game I just don't think gurdon can score with them

COACH-Mike

September 25, 2018, 08:59:33 am #2 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:41:32 am by COACH-Mike
We beat Gurdon and cover our 13pts.  We got goals and Its not over till its over.  We will be fine.  Trust me!  Mule Shoe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas