• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Rattler Football Thread 2023

Started by alaskanstorm, September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorBall

Quote from: alaskanstorm on November 16, 2018, 02:52:42 pm
The 'storm never eats crow.  Either way tonight the 'storm is going to fry up the rest of the gator meat, his cousins sent up, wash it down with a couple bottles of Krystal and call into work sick in the morning.

There is no doubt that you guys will be eating something tonight but my bet is that it will be CROW!

You guys are VERY entertaining though!! Hate to see it end!

alaskanstorm

Well good luck tonight  but I do believe your gonna be vastly disappointed GB.

Eslim03

You may call in sick but it will be because your heartbroken lol.

alaskanstorm

No, I will be because it is gonna be like it is 1999 up in here.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: alaskanstorm on November 16, 2018, 02:40:47 pm
I know a skeptic,  you'll believe after tonight though cc6. The rattlers are transforming back into the powerhouse everyone knows they should be.

The staff definitely has the Rattlers moving back in the right direction. A lot of key parts coming back for next season.

alaskanstorm

Well, it was a roller coaster year for the young rattlers.  That was to be expected though of a program returning to prominence.  The rattlers took the best the hornets had to offer.  They ended the wildcats conference winning streak and look to reset the cats home winning streak next year.  Stumbled to Lavaca still trying to figure that one out but the rattlers get revenge next year and maybe when da 'burg comes into town the rattlers will be lucky enough to get a white hat to crash through the rattlers victory line.  I don't think the rattlers will need any help though the dragons weren't the same after the hector loss and the fact remains they still have not won an outright conference championship ever; which, is what the rattlers plan on doing next year as they make their March back to the playoffs. 

Speaking of playoffs the rattlers still are the only team from the 4-2a to make a deep playoff recently.  Oops, sorry WCA,  your cats did make runs back in the 90's I forgot.  Anyway the rattlers streak against the scourge extended to 3 in a row. Then after getting behind 14 points quickly to the defending state champs , on their home turf, the rattlers made a stand. The rattlers fought back to come within one Td and the gators were unable to put the rattlers away until late in the fourth quarter.  And despite the game being decided with 4 minutes left.  The rattlers were able to put it together for one more score.   It was a year in which a great foundation was laid for the next two years.

So with that I'll leave it to 43 and 24 to submit the following end of season Long Yang Awards.

LY Offensive Player of the year
LY Defensive Player of the year
LY Offensive Lineman of the year
LY Defensive Lineman of the year
LY Special Teams Player of the year
LY Offensive and defensive Plays of the year
And lastly The Long Yang Head Hunter of the Year Award

I know 43 will be on top of this.  24 is a data guy will probably rewatch the game  films 3 or 4 time to make sure his decisions are legit.  I'll give him 3-4 weeks before I lock the thread down.  Football season weights and conditioning starts Monday, look for great advancements this season,  continuing to close the gap with the upper tier state wide. 

The ' storm is out
Boat Drinks 'ziner nation

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on November 17, 2018, 08:30:13 am
Well, it was a roller coaster year for the young rattlers.  That was to be expected though of a program returning to prominence.  The rattlers took the best the hornets had to offer.  They ended the wildcats conference winning streak and look to reset the cats home winning streak next year.  Stumbled to Lavaca still trying to figure that one out but the rattlers get revenge next year and maybe when da 'burg comes into town the rattlers will be lucky enough to get a white hat to crash through the rattlers victory line.  I don't think the rattlers will need any help though the dragons weren't the same after the hector loss and the fact remains they still have not won an outright conference championship ever; which, is what the rattlers plan on doing next year as they make their March back to the playoffs. 

Speaking of playoffs the rattlers still are the only team from the 4-2a to make a deep playoff recently.  Oops, sorry WCA,  your cats did make runs back in the 90's I forgot.  Anyway the rattlers streak against the scourge extended to 3 in a row. Then after getting behind 14 points quickly to the defending state champs , on their home turf, the rattlers made a stand. The rattlers fought back to come within one Td and the gators were unable to put the rattlers away until late in the fourth quarter.  And despite the game being decided with 4 minutes left.  The rattlers were able to put it together for one more score.   It was a year in which a great foundation was laid for the next two years.

So with that I'll leave it to 43 and 24 to submit the following end of season Long Yang Awards.

LY Offensive Player of the year
LY Defensive Player of the year
LY Offensive Lineman of the year
LY Defensive Lineman of the year
LY Special Teams Player of the year
LY Offensive and defensive Plays of the year
And lastly The Long Yang Head Hunter of the Year Award

I know 43 will be on top of this.  24 is a data guy will probably rewatch the game  films 3 or 4 time to make sure his decisions are legit.  I'll give him 3-4 weeks before I lock the thread down.  Football season weights and conditioning starts Monday, look for great advancements this season,  continuing to close the gap with the upper tier state wide. 

The ' storm is out
Boat Drinks 'ziner nation
Actually Hector has played after Thanksgiving 2 times in the past 6 years. In 2013 and 2015

RATTLER43

November 18, 2018, 09:54:15 am #507 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:13:22 am by RATTLER43
 LY Offensive Player of the year  Caleb Hyatt
LY Defensive Player of the year   Kobe Faughn
LY Offensive Lineman of the year  William King
LY Defensive Lineman of the year  Bryce McDowell
LY Special Teams Player of the year  Tatum Scott
LY Offensive and defensive Plays of the year   Hyatt slinging Batey off him after the catch. Scott pick six against Foreman.  But the goal line stand against Hackett got our season turned around. 
And lastly The Long Yang Head Hunter of the Year Award   Caleb Hyatt (delivered hits on offense too following in the footsteps of Long Yang, Earl Campbell, and Walter Payton.)

alaskanstorm

This past weekend back in the old stomping grounds, I stopped into the hwy 10 cafe and had my usual ham and cheese omelet w/ salsa on the side.  As I was getting ready to devour my meal, I heard the door chime followed by a boisterous "storm." I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, good ole 24.  I responded "how you been? Its been a while."  24 then proceed to tell me the rattlers spring football went great.  The rattlers had some receivers step up and they are going to really open it up this year through the air, allowing their two big uns ample opportunity to get to the second level, ala 2009.   24 then told me the rattlers had 11 kids achieve the 1000 lb club and considering the school only had money for three stations Bench, dead lift, and clings is quite the accomplishment. 24 then finished it off saying "storm we are really going to have some fun this year."   All of which I must admit sounded pretty impressive but I had to remind him "24 that sounds great and all but I am retired.  And there is no coming back from a retirement match, lost during wrestling week, those things are iron clad." 24 then told me "43 was working on finding a legal loop hole." Which made me laugh not going to happen.  But I did leave 24 with these final words.  "If the rattlers are going to make a run at it. This is the year and they better come ready to play with consistency from game one because their fate is going to be decided early during the first half the season."  I also had to leave 24 with a little bad news for rattler nation, I got from one of my sources (someone in real-estate) in the town to the west.  Who told me they had information "that after this upcoming year's rattler playoff run.  The one and only TS was planning a legitimate move to the west and play where all the rattler greats before him have played.  My source, Also told me he was really stoked to help the future two-time defending state champions defend their title streak.  I was told he might try to take KF as well." But that is next year, better stay focused on this year.  This whole conversation reminded me I didn't lock the thread down.

RATTLER43

I never tire of reading your posts. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

How many Rattler starters will be seniors this year?

RATTLER43

Not for sure, but it should include:
Hyatt
Yang
Hall
Vang
Trejo
McDowell

Underclassmen should include:
Scott
Faughn
King
Raggio
Angel
Droemer
Nicholas
Thurman
Frederick

HorseFeathers

Is faughn the faster back that scored on Hector?

RATTLER43

He does have some speed, but is a bruising/punishing runner like Hyatt.  Scott, Yang, and Vang are the faster ones.  Not certain who did most of the scoring that game. 

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 15, 2019, 08:05:37 pm
Is faughn the faster back that scored on Hector?
I cant remember if Kobe Faughn scored against Hector.  He wears #20.  Tatum Scott #5 scored on around a 50 yard run and again on a 25 ish yard run.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: alaskanstorm on July 06, 2019, 07:58:11 pm
This past weekend back in the old stomping grounds, I stopped into the hwy 10 cafe and had my usual ham and cheese omelet w/ salsa on the side.  As I was getting ready to devour my meal, I heard the door chime followed by a boisterous "storm." I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, good ole 24.  I responded "how you been? Its been a while."  24 then proceed to tell me the rattlers spring football went great.  The rattlers had some receivers step up and they are going to really open it up this year through the air, allowing their two big uns ample opportunity to get to the second level, ala 2009.   24 then told me the rattlers had 11 kids achieve the 1000 lb club and considering the school only had money for three stations Bench, dead lift, and clings is quite the accomplishment. 24 then finished it off saying "storm we are really going to have some fun this year."   All of which I must admit sounded pretty impressive but I had to remind him "24 that sounds great and all but I am retired.  And there is no coming back from a retirement match, lost during wrestling week, those things are iron clad." 24 then told me "43 was working on finding a legal loop hole." Which made me laugh not going to happen.  But I did leave 24 with these final words.  "If the rattlers are going to make a run at it. This is the year and they better come ready to play with consistency from game one because their fate is going to be decided early during the first half the season."  I also had to leave 24 with a little bad news for rattler nation, I got from one of my sources (someone in real-estate) in the town to the west.  Who told me they had information "that after this upcoming year's rattler playoff run.  The one and only TS was planning a legitimate move to the west and play where all the rattler greats before him have played.  My source, Also told me he was really stoked to help the future two-time defending state champions defend their title streak.  I was told he might try to take KF as well." But that is next year, better stay focused on this year.  This whole conversation reminded me I didn't lock the thread down.
transfer........Bahahahahahaha!  Id die first ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on July 15, 2019, 10:01:57 pm
I cant remember if Kobe Faughn scored against Hector.  He wears #20.  Tatum Scott #5 scored on around a 50 yard run and again on a 25 ish yard run.

Scott is who I'm thinking of!

alaskanstorm

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on July 15, 2019, 10:14:21 pm
I know it was a shock when I first broke the news but I hate to say i've Found out it is almost a done deal.  My source told me it was supposed to happen this year along with Big H but he got cold feet.  It was actually an amazingly ingenuous plan.  Big H who will be 18 by aug 1 was going to move out of his parents house, get a part time job in the town to the west and acquire housing.  While this was going on TS and KF we're going the route of Macaulay Culkin.  When finalized Big H was going to adopt TS and KF.  Done deal legitimate move.  I don't know what happened, maybe when the realization of following in the footsteps of the previous rattler greats the pressure set in.  It is my understanding that TS and KF are bound and determine to follow in those footsteps though.  I've been told someone in one of their families is going to sign over a house at no cost and it will be done.  You can't blame them for wanting to pursue greatness 24.

RATTLER43

July 17, 2019, 12:31:23 pm #519 Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:40:10 pm by RATTLER43
Quote from: rattlerfan24 on July 15, 2019, 10:14:21 pm

Most Rattler greats I've known over the past 35 years preferred greatness at Magazine East over transferring to Magazine West. 

KingSnake

When you've got that Rattler Pride you don't go West for the pending Bearcat SLIDE!!!

alaskanstorm

I have to give it to you king and 43; heck, I'll even throw in 24 as well.  Even though I think 24 has been shocked into silence by the deceitfully cunning plan exposed last week.  Despite how warped y'alls perceptions of rattler history have become.  But I'm on official business.

Most people don't know about the rattler tradition which takes place on the first and second Thursdays in November.   It happens the old rail road behind the gymnasium at exactly 1111 on those two Thursday nights.  It is on those nights, one of the players is chosen to go head to head in a game of chicken against The Magazine Ghost Train.  What is the ghost train?

Glad you asked.

It starts out as a dull red light eventually transforming into a blinding manifestation about 47 yards down the track.  Building up power before coming down the track screaming woo-woo   Woo-woo going at a top rate of 35 mph. The chosen one takes his position on the track and prepares the Muleta for the show down; who at the last second must decide to train dodge or stand his ground ole'ing the train as it rushes by.  However, Last year was a first as the chosen one, number 24, was neither able to ole' or dodge the train and got clobbered with a ka-plak. As the red light hovered above him, a hand reached through the light to help him up and said you should have dodged; number 65 taking off a miner's helmet.

Why you ask? I can only respond "it is magazine folks, it just expected."

Good luck on the season 'ziners. 

RATTLER43

Glad I checked FF before falling asleep...

MICHAELSPAPPY

OK, so factor out our homer prejudice, and where do you think the Rattlers finish this season?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on July 24, 2019, 12:46:07 pm
OK, so factor out our homer prejudice, and where do you think the Rattlers finish this season?

I think they'll battle for the conference crown with Mnt Burt and Hector....

MICHAELSPAPPY

I'll say this: if they can't stop the inside running game, MHS will give them a long night.

rattler60

Good luck to them Rattlers!!!! I think they are flying a little under the radar.  I would like to keep it that way..

alaskanstorm

August 11, 2019, 05:53:46 pm #527 Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:16:24 pm by alaskanstorm
So, yesterday The Storm got a call from an unidentified number; usually these calls go straight to the blocked list.   But since is said "Magazine, AR" The Storm figured it might be a family emergency or depending on which branch of the family some kinfolks needing bail money. 

"Hello?" "Storm! You won't believe how awesome the first weeks of practices have gone!  Hyatt and Vaughn are bulldozing everyone who gets in their path!  That is if anyone even touches them with McDowell and King ripping holes the size  of Volkswagens in the defensive line!  And then you have Scott throwing bombs to the trio of Yang, Vang, and Hall!" 

The Storm instantly knew it was 24 "That is great and all but first off, how did you get this number it is UNLISTED!!!!!!"   

"Not important" he replied and continued "But most importantly Coach P finally installed a punt return team.  You have Hyatt and Faughn lead blocking for Scott and Hall.  No more watching the ball hit the ground and roll giving up field position.  It is TOUCHDOWN CITY!!" 

"Well to be honest The Storm's is a bit perturbed not knowing how you got this number but that is great news about Coach P finally getting his Punt Return plays installed int the game plan.  It only took seven years, so I imagine it is somewhat complex and should put some points on the board.  But that doesn't change the fact The Storm is retired!!!  The rattlers are just gonna have to man up and have a winning season without The Storm."

"First off Storm those 'Burg guys probably don't even remember the bet.  Secondly, why would you keep your word to people who don't respect you?  They Don't respect you Storm"   The Storm immediately recognized this tactic.  It was how DX got S. Michaels to come out of retirement and take on the Undertaker at Wrestle Mania. 

However,  The Storm's new found ethical compass is unwavering.  "Listen The Storm knows da 'Burg posters probably don't remember the bet.  Heck, The Storm is confident DV is the only halfway smart one of the bunch; But, The Storm is not going to be coaxed out of retirement,  The Storm has standards.  Good luck with season 24.  You and 43 will have to do the preseason awards watch list on your own buddy;  Because, The Storm is still Retired.  DON'T CALL AGAIN!!!"  Needless to say,  The Storm has come to the conclusion after all the messages and now phone calls;  That to enjoy retirement it is time to disconnect the phone and internet.  Good luck with the season 'Ziners.

RATTLER43

August 11, 2019, 06:18:34 pm #528 Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:27:04 pm by RATTLER43
Say it ain't so .... Rattler Nation appreciates football knowledge and humor, especially Tales of Long Yang  ...

Preseason awards watch list:
2A-4 POTY   Caleb Hyatt
        OPOTY Caleb Hyatt
        DPOTY  Kobe Faughn
        STPOTY Tatum Scott
        Off Lineman of the Year  William King
        Def Lineman of the Year  Bryce McDowell
        Coach of the Year Doug Powell
        Playoff MVP  Xeng Yang
        Most Improved TsimNeej Vang
        Outstanding Receiver Jacob Hall
        Sophomore of the Year Ashton Droemer
        Newcomer of the Year Kaedon Trejo

alaskanstorm

After posting on the 11th, the 'Storm took his cell phone and all his electronic gizmos and tossed them into the dark corner of the attic. Then tonight the 'Storm received an affirmation which forever changes things in Logan County.  Well, not really changes anything, just a recognition of something most of us already knew.

the 'Storm was finally settling into retirement life, being free from the constant daily interruptions and annoyances from the rattler faithful.  Tonight the 'Storm was watching Steve Martin's Classic "The Jerk,"  when towards the end of the movie I hear my wife's phone ring in the kitchen.  She put the Chicken Parmesan into the oven to bake and the 'Storm heard the following.

"Hello?"  "The storm?"  At this point the 'storm has started to go into full nuclear meltdown.  Reacting to my obvious aggravation the wife gives the 'storm a look of "This one is Cuckoo" and then continues "Mrs 43, okay?" with a i don't know shoulder shrug in my direction. The 'Storm immediately responds with a palm to his forehead.  "Mr 43 has something to say to the storm, okay?"  and looks towards me and telepathically asks "What do I do? please help this is crazy!"  So I motion for her to bring me the phone.  "Hold on I'm going to give the phone to my husband maybe he knows how to get ahold of this storm you speak of" then she silently says "WOW!" as she starts my way.

As my wife starts walking the 19 yards from the kitchen, the 'Storm can already hear the voice coming through the phone and it would be accurate to say it belongs to someone just as annoyed as the 'Storm was.  The 'storm took the phone with a "Yeess?"  Mrs 43 replied "Mr 43 has something to say to you 'Storm, here."  and I hear the rustle of the phone.  After a long period of silence the 'Storm proceeded "listen 43 I hope this is good because I just missed the last 10 minutes of The Jerk and RFD TV is fixing to start a Red Skelton marathon."  That is when the 'Storm heard the following.

"Flipping Heck, 43!  All you've done since the 'storm has retired is mope around and talk about how the rattlers have never had a good season without him.  You found your legal loophole so just say it!!!"  Then the 'storm heard the following mumble "There is really only one season in Magazine and that is football season."  "Say again I could barely hear you. I think your signal was breaking up 43."  This time 43 was louder "There is really only one season at the foot of the mountain and that is football season.  Therefore, the rattler's season never ends it is continual."  The 'Storm was speechless, 43 had done it.  He actually found a legal loophole by stating the facts right in front of him and on any other day this would have been enough but the 'Storm felt like rolling the dice.  "Is that it 43, nothing else?"  Thats when 43 stated the following "The Booneville Bearcats have the best sports teams and rule Logan County" which on its own would have been enough to bring the 'storm out of retirement.   Again speechless, the 'Storm could only muster two words "Done Deal" and hung up. 

The wife hearing the conversation looked at the 'Storm and said "all y'all need to be institutionalized."

Folks it is RATTLER TIME!!!!   ROLL 'ZINERS!!!!!

RATTLER43

Love it!!   But, as you know, I am a stat freak and an assessment type of personality.  Hoping I didn't rush this:

Logan County Sports Teams ranking for past 5-10 years.
   Magazine   Booneville   Paris   Scranton   Subiaco
WGolf   2   1   4   3   
MGolf   2   1   4   3   2
WCross Country   1   3   4   2   
MCross Country   1   3   4   5   2
Football   2   1   3      4
WBasketball   3   4   2   1   
MBasketball   3   4   2   5   1
Volleyball      2   1      
WTrack   1   3   2   4   
MTrack   1   2   3   5   4
Baseball   2   1   3   4   
Softball   3   2   4   1   
Weightlifting   2   1         
   23/12=  1.9   28/13= 2.2   36/12= 3.0   33/10= 3.3   13/5= 2.6

Logan County Sports Teams ranking for past 2 years.
   Magazine   Booneville   Paris   Scranton   Subiaco
WGolf   2   1   4   5   
MGolf   2   1   4   4   
WCross Country   1   3   4   2   
MCross Country   1   3   4   5   2
Football   2   1   3      4
WBasketball   3   4   2   1   
MBasketball   2   1   4   5   3
Volleyball      2   1      
WTrack   1   3   2   4   
MTrack   1   2   3   5   4
Baseball   2   1   3   4   
Softball   4   2   3   1   
Weightlifting   2   1         
   23/12=  1.916   25/13= 1.923   37/12= 3.1   36/10= 3.6   13/4= 3.2

These didn't quite paste right.  But, they are my rankings of county sports programs/teams based upon my limited knowledge of each.  Magazine comes in with the best scores (of course!).
So, if you ever hear me spout that Booneville Bearcats have the best sports teams and rule Logan County, just come check on me, please.   They rule the football field most of the time and are a dominant weightlifting crew (along with that great golf team that year).  Paris rules volleyball.  Magazine has ruled track and cross country.  Each has had some basketball success although historically speaking, Scranton has the best tradition.  Baseball belongs to Booneville recently, but over time has been a Rattler staple with Scranton having some great teams about 20 years ago.

Yes.  You hooked me with your tale and you knew I would respond.  Mrs. 'storm is most likely correct.   Yes. It is Rattler Time! (as long as the 'storm helps us out).    But, (just for the 'storm, if you look on the 3A Bulletin Board, I have picked Booneville to roll as well.   

alaskanstorm

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on July 24, 2019, 12:46:07 pm
Well, the 'storm just read a new sports source who is reporting da 'burg is returning 12 offensive and 12 defensive starters from last year.  So the Rattlers are going to have some ground to make up.  But in the spirit of being completely non biased, the 'storm pulled out his D and D dice and did some rolling.  The results Rattlers and hector 1-2, da 'burg 3, lavaca 4 and hacket 5.

RATTLER43

August 16, 2019, 05:04:14 pm #532 Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:10:00 pm by RATTLER43
Quote from: alaskanstorm on August 16, 2019, 05:00:02 pm
Well, the 'storm just read a new sports source who is reporting da 'burg is returning 12 offensive and 12 defensive starters from last year.  So the Rattlers are going to have some ground to make up.  But in the spirit of being completely non biased, the 'storm pulled out his D and D dice and did some rolling.  The results Rattlers and hector 1-2, da 'burg 3, lavaca 4 and hacket 5.

^^^^^
;D    ;D

RATTLER43

Magazine
Hector
Mtburg
Hackett
Lavaca
Westside

With Hector and Mtburg a toss up.   

beach bum

August 16, 2019, 05:13:52 pm #534 Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:16:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RATTLER43 on August 16, 2019, 05:08:06 pm
Magazine
Hector
Mtburg
Hackett
Lavaca
Westside

With Hector and Mtburg a toss up.

That is exactly how I have it too.... If I looked at the AAA benefit games/scrimmages on their website it says Magazine plays Cedarville in their scrimmage. I know scrimmages only mean so much since back ups tend to play more and the format of the scrimmage is even different than a real game sometimes, but it will be good to see how Magazine's run game does against Cedarville when the first units are up against each other as well as Cedarville likes to run a lot too on the edges like Mountainburg does a lot. Whatever time the first units get against each other will be a good baseline judgment for you all cause Mountainburg plays Cedarville a couple weeks later. Your scrimmage could be at least a small indicator of how the Rattlers can fair against Mtburg and Hector after you see the Cedarville/Mountainburg result in a couple weeks to compare.

Top three in the 2-4A will have some good battles and be cut above Hackett and Lavaca.... although Hackett and Lavaca always have enough athletes usually to make things interesting.

alaskanstorm

Not rushed at all 43.  It is just good to be back talking football.  To be honest retirement was getting to be boring. 

But I've been thinking about how to really maximize the potency of the rattler's offense.  I think the rattlers should ditch the wing-t this season and  work primarily out of the stacked I or off set I.  With Faughn as the full back and Hyatt as the feature back.  Put Yang as the hybrid hb/slot receiver in constant motion for jet sweeps.  Then you got Hall and Vang as the outside receivers. This would play to all the rattlers strengths.  1 gets the two biguns north and south faster. 2 scot running misdirection and the option 3 the speedster yang a constant threat to get to the edges 4 hall and vang catching bombs off play action to the big guys....Maybe 24 could give us some insight into wether or not this could happen. 

I have to admit the 'storm has some reservation but i'll address them later this weekend. 

Any possibility of picking up a couple more games with the openings being developed because of teams moving to 8 man or dropping football completely?

RATTLER43

Was hoping to fill one or both but looks highly unlikely. 

beach bum

August 16, 2019, 05:29:47 pm #537 Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:36:40 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RATTLER43 on August 16, 2019, 05:25:29 pm
Was hoping to fill one or both but looks highly unlikely.

That stinks to hear, but just is the nature of the beast of being at a small school in football in the modern times so nothing anyone could really do. In the 2020 and 2021 season even though the 4-2A is spread way out for travel, at least everyone has stable and solid programs. Should create some quality and competitive football all the way down to the 6 or 7 seed even those years and most importantly no worries outside of maybe JC Westside dropping although I don't think they will for a while at least. So hopefully this won't arise again for a while for you. It's a tough bind to be in where you just really have your hands tied behind your back with such little non conference flexibility compared to the non football sports.

RATTLER43

Agreed.  Hoping Westside can avoid going 8-man. 

alaskanstorm

the 'Storm agrees with bb shortened seasons stink and to alleviate the disadvantage I  suggest the following: Treat the scrimmage like Chuck-town used to treat the B-town scrimmage.  Play to win, don't take the starters out,  count the stats into the players yearly totals and if the rattlers loss a game this year just replace it with the scrimmage win, for their overall record.  That is how Chuck-town used to do it. 

The main thing that has gotten the 'storm concerned is how the coaches didn't have the player ready at the beginning of last year.  The Rattlers tumbled out of the gate to a 0 and 2 start.  The 'storm doesn't know what was going on.  Maybe  2 or 3 last minute fishing trips before school started, who knows for sure but one thing was for sure the team was not prepared.  luckily last year the rattlers had a 2 game home stretch to offset the slow start.  That is not the case this year.  If the rattlers starts 0-3 or 1-2 in non conference, they are looking at being on the road for the first two conference games where 1-4 or 0-5 becomes a real possibility.  So, the 'storm is looking forward to Friday and will hopefully see a different level of preparedness for the season. 

and since it is now an official game  Pirates 21 'ziners 28

RATTLER43

Tell us how you really feel about Chucktown!  This scrimmage should tell us a lot. Most talent Cedarville has had in years.  I'll truly be surprised by an 0-3 start. 

alaskanstorm

To be honest Chucktown was always an afterthought to the 'storm and truthfully always will be.  but back to the rattlers, I don't expect last years start either 43.  Especially since the 'storm did a validation study of the rattlers upcoming schedule.  This was accomplished by doing what the 'storm always does when a big season is upon us.  The 'storm took down the old PayDirt board football game and played the season out ten  different times compiling the data. 

The first order of business matching the teams to their NFL counterparts.  They are as follows: Bigelow (1980 8-8 Denver Broncos), Mt Ida (1980 9-7 Detroit Lions), Cutter (1980 Cincinnati Bengals), Hector (1980 11-6 Buffalo Bills), Da 'burg (1980 11-6 Houston Oilers), Lavaca (1980 9-8 Minnesota Vikings), Hacket (1980 6-10 San Fran 49'ers), JCW (1980 4-12 Seattle Seahawks.  And to make sure there was no bias I choose the 10-6 1980 New England Patriots, who missed the playoffs, to represent the Rattlers.

The next order of business was to get busy rolling the dice through ten seasons and collect the data.  This took a little finagling since I had lost the original dice but i was able to pull it off using the 'storms D&D dice. The results were reassuring almost to the point of over confidence.  The Rattlers went through the non conference undefeated 7 out of 10 times and won their Fourth outright conference championship 6 out of the ten seasons.  Surprisingly the rattlers margin of victory was the narrowest over the Arrows but they still won 9 out of ten times.

And since it is technically a scrimmage but we are treating it like a real game this week; The 'storm picked the 1980 15-5 Super Bowl Champions Oakland Raiders to represent Cedarville.  The result?

Pirates 17 'ziners 38

RATTLER43

Hopefully those d&d dice are dependable!!

Coach Jones

RATTLER43

alaskanstorm

The 'storm just heard something he can't believe.  It just doesn't make any sense.  But the 'storm will tell you what he heard anyway.  The 'storm heard one of the pirate linebackers is going around saying and I can't believe this "Hyatt's momma can't cook cornbread and her deer chili tastes like Hormel."  Now why would you go a poke the bear the day before a big game.  Anyway true or not the 'storm knows Hyatt is going to be one disturbed and ticked off Pit Viper for tomorrows game.

Pirates 10 'ziners 42

RATTLER43

rattlerfan24

August 25, 2019, 09:53:30 am #547 Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:59:35 am by rattlerfan24
Rattlers put up 24 total yards....not a good showing.  Ill say this tho, we did not go to Cedarville to try to win the scrimmage, we went to get as many kids as we could reps.  Which will hopefully pay off later.  Looking forward to Bigelow game to see how we actually look.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on August 25, 2019, 09:53:30 am
Rattlers put up 24 total yards....not a good showing.  Ill say this tho, we did not go to Cedarville to try to win the scrimmage, we went to get as many kids as we could reps.  Which will hopefully pay off later.  Looking forward to Bigelow game to see how we actually look.

No offense but everyone says that after a bad scrimmage.

Did magazine not run their first team offense that much?

HorseFeathers

Nevermind just read the breakdown on the other thread 👍

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas