• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ Hoxie

Started by Leo Marvin, September 23, 2018, 03:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Marvin

September 23, 2018, 03:17:09 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:04:31 pm by Leo Marvin

Due to some changes within the conference, Newport travels to Hoxie for the second year in a row.  The Greyhounds had two disappointing games last year with one of them being at Hoxie.  The Mustangs ran away with the game in the second half. 

This year, I don't think Newport arrives overconfident.  I'm sure they remember last year's game very clearly.

Newport 42
Hoxie 21

sprained ankle

Newport is hard to defend. Lots and lots of speed. Put up 633 yards against Walnut Ridge. Got to go with the Hounds by 14.

DogCatcher

Hoxie and Piggot punched Newport in the mouth and whipped them last year. Should be a good game. I think Newport won't let them repeat last year and Hoxie doesn't seem to be playing as well right now.

ISU7

Greyhounds run out Lawrence County with the win. Hounds by 17

Razorhummer

Quote from: ISU7 on September 23, 2018, 06:51:22 pm
Agreed.

501Arkansas

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on September 23, 2018, 06:51:22 pm
I going with ISU7. He's pretty good at picking this stuff.

sprained ankle

Feels more like football weather!!!

CoolBreeze

Hounds win their fourth straight in convincing fashion.

Oldhound56

The game outcome last year was not because Hoxie punched Newport in the mouth.  That is not to say that they won't come out and do it this year, but that was not the case.  Newport was very flat from the beginning of the game.  Dropped two touchdown passes in the endzone, fumbled going in, threw and interception in the endzone, and got stopped on downs inside the 5 on a play that Newport felt they got the first down.  They also dropped wide open passes all night long.  Just not a very well played game and Hoxie hit 3 big plays on Newport.  The last score came late in the last couple of minutes after Newport's starting QB got hurt and the back up came in and threw a pick 6 to set the final score at 28-7. 

If Newport plays well they will be fine, but Hoxie is big, physical and they play hard.  Teams like that stay in games and win many even when facing better athletes.  Newport will need to play well to come out on top, especially playing on the road.

Go Hounds!!!

sprained ankle

If the Hounds can continue with a balanced attack they will be fine. To much speed and to balanced for the Mustangs. Hounds by 14.

501Arkansas

Oldhound56

Hounds pull out the win 35-25. Ran for 210 threw for 209. Pretty balanced.

Leo Marvin

The Hounds come from two scores down in the second half to get the win. Two weeks in a row with second half deficits that Newport has responded the right way. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas