• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A week 5

Started by rattlerfan24, September 22, 2018, 01:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlerfan24

WYC @ Hackett
JCW @ Hector
MtBurg @ Lavaca
Magazine open

Current conference standings
Hector 1-0 (13)
Lavaca 1-0 (13)
Magazine 1-0 (6)
Hackett 0-1
Wyc 0-1
Jcw 0-1

MtBurg 0-0

Mid season thoughts??

HorseFeathers

I think mountainburg/hector are the favorites.....with Magazine/Hackett/Wyc taking the other 3 spots...

rattlerfan24

WYC @ Hackett is a big game!!

rattlerfan24

Magazine/Hackett game could have went either way last night. 

Wildcatalumni21

Hector hasn't played stellar teams but Hector's defense has not allowed a TD since Week 0 against Atkins. I think that trend continues this week against JCW! Hector will have mercy rule in effect before halftime!

Burg will throttle Lavaca!

WYC is much improved and if Hackett doesn't show up could get upset!

HorseFeathers

Is it an Upset if they lose to Magazine and Wyc though?

Hector closes the season with Lavaca/@Magazine/@Hackett/Burg right? That's a murderers row as far as the 4-2a is concerned...

Prouddragondad

I believe Burg & Hector are still the favorites. I'm not surprised by the Magazine win. After watching Hackett play earlier this year I felt like they were down this year from past years. Could be another close game with WYC this week. After seeing Charleston only score 12 against Greenland and Lamar only scoring 22 against Cedarville and Burg putting up 39 & 40 against these 2 I think our offense is dangerous just got to work some things out on defense. Looks like Lavaca has figured some things out last couple games so Burg better come ready to play.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Prouddragondad on September 22, 2018, 02:57:41 pmagreed
I believe Burg & Hector are still the favorites. I'm not surprised by the Magazine win. After watching Hackett play earlier this year I felt like they were down this year from past years. Could be another close game with WYC this week. After seeing Charleston only score 12 against Greenland and Lamar only scoring 22 against Cedarville and Burg putting up 39 & 40 against these 2 I think our offense is dangerous just got to work some things out on defense. Looks like Lavaca has figured some things out last couple games so Burg better come ready to play.
agreed

rattlerfan24

At least, I agree for the most part.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2018, 02:10:46 pm
Is it an Upset if they lose to Magazine and Wyc though?

Hector closes the season with Lavaca/@Magazine/@Hackett/Burg right? That's a murderers row as far as the 4-2a is concerned...
Also throw in Week 9 non conference against Junction City

HorseFeathers

That's the one I was forgetting!

Hornet4ever

I think Hackett gets back on their feet this week. I'll be honest in the fact that I figured we would beat Magazine handedly. I just thought our trio of playmakers would be too much for a young Magazine team.

After going up two scores I began to re-assure myself of this idea. However, just as I got complacent, I wonder if our boys did too. It's hard to beat up on yourself as a team though. This is the same group of kids from Magazine who had a TON of success in junior high within the last couple of years.

I do think Hackett is down some, especially within the offensive/defensive line play. Brady had a hard time being able to do much Friday night. The conditions also took out a playmaker within Hester's scrambling ability. It seemed like we struggled to get much going in general!

Looking ahead to WYC, I think we rebound this week with a win. At least, I hope that's what happens. We need to string together some sucess going forward with more tough games not too far in the future.

On a side note, I love the climb with Magazine and WYC adding some much needed competiviness in our conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas