• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe T Robinson @ Arkadelphia

Started by RyanLR, September 22, 2018, 12:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Arkadelphia 0-4 (0-1)

Sylvan Hills 14-16 L

Benton 17-56 L

@Wynne 28-35 L

OPEN

@Nashville 23-28 L

Joe T Robinson 3-1 (1-0)

@Springdale 28-48 L

Rogers 35-14 W

OPEN

@Camden Fairview 41-12 W

Fountain Lake 28-6 W (2 qtrs)

Arkadelphia is the scariest 0-4 team in the state clearly. The defending champs are struggling to replace 5 seniors on the offensive line, but still have Hatley and Cannon Turner with plenty of athletes. Robinson is just chugging along after their loss to 7A-West leading Springdale. Arkadelphia will definitely be looking to avenge their only loss from a year ago.

moneyminers

I believe a lot of people are counting Arky out after their sluggish start, though their non-conference was one of the toughest in the conference and state.  Replacing 5 senior O-linemen will be tough but as stated earlier, they have athletes all over the field. Though they're 0-4 starting out I'm not counting them completely out just yet.... this game is gonna be a dog fight but I'm pulling 35-14 Robinson

Maynard G Krebs

Badgers should be praying for a Joe T fan to walk out on the field during play.  Other than that, they have little chance of defeating Robinson.

ISU7

Superjack45

Arky is still a good team nobody is looking past them that's for sure.

Ghs21

Lumberjackfan1978

Robinson should win but you never know

Digger#23

SUGARTOWN

I highly doubt a defending champion has ever started 0-5, but it may happen this year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Badgers punt team gave up two scores last week. If they get that fixed, it'll be hard for the Senators to go win in Arky.

Oldbadger

The Badger's started coming together the second half against Benton. They were positioned to beat Wynne but couldn't capitalize. Nashville did not manhandle them as some thought they would. If's were a big factor in that game but you can't score points on ifs. I would not count the Badgers out just yet. Their tough nonconference schedule was demoralizing but maybe helpful. I feel if they make no errors they could pull this off. Watching some video of Robinson, I felt last year's Robinson team was better. Stop their great running back (can't remember his name) and they can beat the Senators. Too many intangibles to predict so I won't. Go Badgers!

RyanLR

On a side note E'Marion Harris is one of the most monstrous freshman I've ever seen. 6'5, 315 and already has offers from Alabama. Dude has the best technique of any freshman I've ever seen to go along with natural gifts. He's already starting at right tackle. His older brother Elliott Harris Jr 6'4, 320, is a senior and looks like he could be All State as a left tackle this season after starting 3 years at right tackle.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on September 25, 2018, 10:02:35 am
On a side note E'Marion Harris is one of the most monstrous freshman I've ever seen. 6'5, 315 and already has offers from Alabama. Dude has the best technique of any freshman I've ever seen to go along with natural gifts. He's already starting at right tackle. His older brother Elliott Harris Jr 6'4, 320, is a senior and looks like he could be All State as a left tackle this season after starting 3 years at right tackle.

I could not afford to feed those 2 dudes.

zebradynasty

No kidding!  :o Dad can't wait for them to go to college he start saving money!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

So if Arky takes another loss, does anyone believe that the wheels have fallen off because the players feel alienated over Eldridge and his faux coaching change debacle? Do the kids still believe in him?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 27, 2018, 08:38:05 am
So if Arky takes another loss, does anyone believe that the wheels have fallen off because the players feel alienated over Eldridge and his faux coaching change debacle? Do the kids still believe in him?

I think it's more of a case of them losing all 5 starting OL from last year and biting off more than they can chew with their non-conference schedule. Plus, starting off the conference schedule with the other 2 top teams in the conference doesn't help.

I watched the Nashville game, they had a couple fluky things happen in their kicking game that led to that loss.

Nacho

I don't think so (about the wheels falling off.) Inside the program most people knew that he was doing his best to either get the best for his coordinators because up until that point senior high coaches/coordinators were on the same stipend/day schedule as a junior high assistant coach. It's just how it's been at Arkadelphia forever. He wanted to make a distinction for them...and if it wouldn't have been passed by the board then he was going to do the best for his family...I agree w/ what Sugartown wrote...it's been a way tougher non conference and Nash/Ark always have really tough games...and they're not the same team as last year. My opinion is that they're still figuring out who they are as a team and I think it clicked a little better last week and hopefully for my nerves it completely clicks tomorrow against a really good Robinson team.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 27, 2018, 08:52:23 am
I think it's more of a case of them losing all 5 starting OL from last year and biting off more than they can chew with their non-conference schedule. Plus, starting off the conference schedule with the other 2 top teams in the conference doesn't help.

I watched the Nashville game, they had a couple fluky things happen in their kicking game that led to that loss.
I thought the same about the Nashville game.

kjjackson

The only games Wynne and Sylvan Hills have won was against Arkadelphia. How exactly is it the hardest non-conference schedule?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: kjjackson on September 27, 2018, 09:54:11 am
The only games Wynne and Sylvan Hills have won was against Arkadelphia. How exactly is it the hardest non-conference schedule?

Who said it was the hardest non-conference schedule?

Gray lizard

Quote from: kjjackson on September 27, 2018, 09:54:11 am
Now that is a fair question.

RyanLR

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 27, 2018, 10:19:35 am
Now that is a fair question.
At least they were playing up in class. A lot of teams didn't even do that.

RyanLR

After exchanging 3 and outs

Joe T Robinson-0

Arkadelphia-7

Zion Hatley 33 yd TD

9:43 1st Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-7

Arkadelphia-7

Tackett to Kentle 3 yd pass

4:21 1st Quarter

RyanLR

End of the 1st

Joe T Robinson-7

Arkadelphia-7

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-10

Arkadelphia-7

Trent Eskola 37 yd FG

8:59 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-13

Arkadelphia-7

Trent Eskola 26 yd FG

3:55 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-13

Arkadelphia-7

HALFTIME

This game is a physical slobberknocker.

RyanLR

Arkadelphia's band is off the chain!

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-21

Arkadelphia-7

Tyler Jones 5 yard run

5:20 3rd Quarter

2-pt conversion is good

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-28

Arkadelphia-7

Mekel Kentle 94 yd gallop!!!

3:31 3rd Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-28

Arkadelphia-14

Zion Hatley 1 yd run

11:42 4th Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-35

Arkadelphia-14

Mekel Kentle 12 yard run

4:26 4th Quarter

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-42

Arkadelphia-14

Tackett to Noah Taylor 15 yards

1:05 4th Quarter

RyanLR

September 28, 2018, 09:26:23 pm #34 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:29:06 pm by RyanLR
Joe T Robinson-42

Arkadelphia-14

FINAL

Good game for the Senators. Flexed their muscles in the second half. Arkadelphia is 0-5 but could still make the playoffs, and be a VERY dangerous draw. Zion Hatley had 16 carries 124 rushing and both TD's for the Badgers.

FoxandHound34

Arkie has a long ways to go to make the playoffs. Be a shame if the defending champs missed out especially with everybody they returned

mossflyer

Wouldn't surprise me if they finish 5-5. Competition drops off a great deal the next 5 games. Robinson is a really solid team.

RyanLR

Got a video up of Mekel Kentle's 94 yard TD and his other highlights from last night. http://www.hudl.com/v/2AVN28

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Good runs and second effort, but poor tackling by the Badgers

JoeWho

October 01, 2018, 08:46:13 am #39 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:48:07 am by JoeWho
"Arkadelphia is the scariest 0-4 team in the state clearly." ?!?  Now 0-5!

Right now, Arkadelphia is clearly in a need of a win.  If they lose at Fountain Lake, I have serious doubts they will make the playoffs.  Two of the teams left on their schedule could upset them.  At this point, I am not sure "upset" would sum up of the situation.  This is not the Arkadelphia team that won the state championship last year. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JoeWho on October 01, 2018, 08:46:13 am
This is not the Arkadelphia team that won the state championship last year.

VanillaThunder

scrapman

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 29, 2018, 01:10:04 pm
Good runs and second effort, but poor tackling by the Badgers

Agreed.  Arkadelphia defense looking SOFT in those highlights.  I give the backs from Robinson a lot of credit, they're solid, but man, that is horrible effort on the part of the Badger defense.  A lot of arm tackling and lack-luster pursuit of the football. 

I agree, this is a far cry from what Warren saw in War Memorial last season.  If things don't improve, I certainly could see the Badgers missing the play-offs all together.  There's enough talented teams left in the 7-4A they still have to play to keep them out.  Bauxite is looking solid, as is HHG and Fountain Lake is no pushover either. 

Dare I say Friday night is a must win for Arkadelphia.  A loss to the Cobras and that margin to make the play-offs becomes razor thin.

-Kyle

bigman5570

Quote from: scrapman on October 01, 2018, 11:34:36 am
Coaches got raises and relaxed.
Maybe losing 5 offensive lineman from a year ago has something to do with it????  ::)

scrapman

Quote from: bigman5570 on October 01, 2018, 12:05:12 pm
Maybe losing 5 offensive lineman from a year ago has something to do with it????  ::)
Could. So could returning 16 starters

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: bigman5570 on October 01, 2018, 12:05:12 pm
Its not offensive lineman missing tackles

SUGARTOWN

October 01, 2018, 01:09:34 pm #47 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:48:34 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 01, 2018, 12:31:03 pm
Its not offensive lineman missing tackles

Or maybe the defense is getting tired because they're on the field so much now that the offense is struggling.

bigman5570

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 01, 2018, 01:09:34 pm
Or maybe the defense is getting tired because they're on the field so much now that he offense is struggling.

Can't be it.  ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas