• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Springs Lakeside @ Camden Fairview

Started by Youngsta71701, September 19, 2018, 09:48:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Now that conference play is about to begin maybe we'll be able to tell a little more about each team. Let the talk begin. Go!!!

Mines is pretty simple. If we (Camden Fairview) don't stop turning the ball over and go to a 4-4-3 defense at least on 1st and 2nd down to help stop or slow down the run we're in for a long season. What say ye?

PapaHog

You're the coach. You know more about defense than Monden. Make the change, Youngsta.

youhavenoidea

Did Camden's starting middle LB not play last week?

WTD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 19, 2018, 09:48:38 am
Now that conference play is about to begin maybe we'll be able to tell a little more about each team. Let the talk begin. Go!!!

Mines is pretty simple. If we (Camden Fairview) don't stop turning the ball over and go to a 4-4-3 defense at least on 1st and 2nd down to help stop or slow down the run we're in for a long season. What say ye?

???

browning_gold_12

Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 19, 2018, 10:34:09 am

No. Got into a scuffle at Hamburg the week before, that he didn't start, but he retaliated. 

Youngsta71701

September 19, 2018, 01:42:07 pm #5 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:50:24 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on September 19, 2018, 10:07:15 am
You're the coach. You know more about defense than Monden. Make the change, Youngsta.
Good point. ;D
You do know this is a message board right? Meaning it's all about opinions, thoughts and conversation. Just checking. It's not rocket science. We haven't been able to stop the run without an extra man in the box for years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 19, 2018, 10:34:09 am
He started the 2nd half after the game had already pretty much been decided.

The A-Team

I agree

PapaHog

But you...a guy that spends 2 hours a week watching the team play...always thinks he knows better than the guys that spend hours every day with the kids. I think Monden will make the right moves defensively. He seems to know what he's doing on that side of the ball. I'm not saying they aren't struggling to stop the run. I'm not even saying your idea is wrong. I am saying that I trust the coach.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 19, 2018, 01:46:14 pm
He started the 2nd half after the game had already pretty much been decided.
How was the game in the 2nd half with him playing?  Who runs a 4-4 defense anymore? sounds like a old school/ peewee defense.  The spread offense made the 4-4 defense obsolete!

Youngsta71701

September 20, 2018, 10:40:29 am #10 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:58:33 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 20, 2018, 09:51:03 am
How was the game in the 2nd half with him playing?  Who runs a 4-4 defense anymore? sounds like a old school/ peewee defense.  The spread offense made the 4-4 defense obsolete!
I think they only scored 1 time in the 2nd half with him playing but they ran the ball the majority of the time trying to kill the clock. A lot of teams run the spread and still run the ball 90% of the time on 1st and 2nd downs do they not? Unless you're playing against Pulaski Academy. I believe in playing the percentages. And most outside linebackers in today's game are small enough to stop the run and still play the pass if need be. The middle linebackers are usually the thumpers. And even they have to be fast enough and quick enough to cover from time to time.

It would really be more like a 4-3 with the Safety creeping up in the box. In other words make those running teams pass the ball to beat ya.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on September 19, 2018, 09:14:41 pm
But you...a guy that spends 2 hours a week watching the team play...always thinks he knows better than the guys that spend hours every day with the kids. I think Monden will make the right moves defensively. He seems to know what he's doing on that side of the ball. I'm not saying they aren't struggling to stop the run. I'm not even saying your idea is wrong. I am saying that I trust the coach.
I'm around team a lot more than you think. Trust me. I watch a lot of things from the background or from afar. And stopping your team from running the ball in practice is a lot different from trying to stop another team in an actual game. Maybe the other team runs the ball better than your team? And trust me from what I've seen that is definitely the case. I see your point though.

Youngsta71701

Who runs a 4-4 defense anymore? sounds like a old school/ peewee defense.  The spread offense made the 4-4 defense obsolete!
Lakeside - Spread/Run heavy
Texarkana - Multiple/Balanced
Magnolia - Flexbone/RUN HEAVY
DeQueen - I-Form/RUN HEAVY
Hope - Multiple/TBD - New coach
Hot Springs - TBD - New coach
LR McClellan - Multiple/RUN HEAVY

Get my point? Now once you get into the playoffs that could be a whole different story because you have no idea who you'll be matched up with.

youhavenoidea

So three RUN HEAVY offenses means change your scheme to a 4-4!?... I guess you need to go to the school Board and apply for the job, if there is one...seems like your observations and inner knowledge is a can't miss hire

purpleswag

Lots of people run the 4-4 defense

youhavenoidea

Youngsta71701

Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 20, 2018, 11:21:23 am
So three RUN HEAVY offenses means change your scheme to a 4-4!?... I guess you need to go to the school Board and apply for the job, if there is one...seems like your observations and inner knowledge is a can't miss hire
My thought's are simple. If you run the ball a lot I'm going to make you pass the ball to beat me. And if you pass the ball a lot I'm going to make you run the ball to beat me. And if you do both I'm going to play the down and distance. It's pretty simple really. It's not rocket science.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: purpleswag on September 20, 2018, 01:04:31 pm
Lots of people run the 4-4 defense
It's obvious he's either a troll or he's being a smart a*s.

Youngsta71701

No matter how you look at it most high school teams run the ball on 1st down. Period. Look at the percentages.

Youngsta71701

You missed Lakeside. They are not as run heavy as the other three.

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 20, 2018, 10:46:23 am
I'm around team a lot more than you think. Trust me. I watch a lot of things from the background or from afar. And stopping your team from running the ball in practice is a lot different from trying to stop another team in an actual game. Maybe the other team runs the ball better than your team? And trust me from what I've seen that is definitely the case. I see your point though.

totally true because in practice you recognize the plays right way because you see them all the time

PapaHog

Here's the problem though, Youngsta. I put my team in the best position possible schematically. It's just that 90% of the time, talent wins out. Remember teams absolutely loading the box against Darren McFadden and Felix Jones? Remember them running wild?

RamFan06

Lakeside was RUN HEAVY last year, not as much this year. Haven't had a lot of trouble moving the ball.

Youngsta71701

September 21, 2018, 08:36:00 am #23 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:38:10 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on September 20, 2018, 08:03:50 pm
Here's the problem though, Youngsta. I put my team in the best position possible schematically. It's just that 90% of the time, talent wins out. Remember teams absolutely loading the box against Darren McFadden and Felix Jones? Remember them running wild?
You're right about that. Those two were on a TOTALLY different level though. If that's the case not much you can do about it lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 20, 2018, 08:45:08 pm
Lakeside was RUN HEAVY last year, not as much this year. Haven't had a lot of trouble moving the ball.
Yep, you guys scare me every time we play you. We have trouble stopping your offensive scheme.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 20, 2018, 03:59:17 pm
My thought's are simple. If you run the ball a lot I'm going to make you pass the ball to beat me. And if you pass the ball a lot I'm going to make you run the ball to beat me. And if you do both I'm going to play the down and distance. It's pretty simple really. It's not rocket science.
So simple yet so difficult...oh how many next day/ armchair QB's the world has, is amazing...again with some pretty obvious observation or cliche quote

Youngsta71701

September 21, 2018, 01:22:25 pm #26 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:33:28 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 21, 2018, 09:53:52 am
So simple yet so difficult...oh how many next day/ armchair QB's the world has, is amazing...again with some pretty obvious observation or cliche quote
See the thing you don't know about me is that I've been a coach for a while. Football, basketball and baseball. It's not armchair QBing when you've done it and that philosophy it's proven. Why would you let someone beat you doing what they want and like to do? If you come up with a better philosophy let me know.

Neckred

It's comical these teams playing a 3 man front vs teams that can't pass. 

spongebob

He should apply. He has as much football sense as anyone they've hired since 2014.

Neckred

Well you for sure don't stay in a 3 man front and take it like a little @##@#!

Cardinalboi07

The only thing that matters now is that CF and all the other teams in the conference are 0-0. I am so glad the Swanson kid is gone lol. That kid was a beast. CF has impressive seniors and I'm hoping that are motivated after last week. CF has the speed and athletic advantage and LS is younger on defense. I still believe in the coaching staff and the students. First down execution will be a focus for both teams. We don't want 2nd or 3rd in long because of a holding or negative play and I cant stand to see anymore redzone turnovers. My prediction, and Im sure some would say it is a bold one, but CF 27 Lakeside 13 ;D

PapaHog

Coaching peewee on the weekends doesn't make you a coach... I bet you play a 2-3 zone with your basketball team too, don't you?

Brian G

razorcardsfan11

Brian G

razorcardsfan11

youhavenoidea

>:(
Quote from: PapaHog on September 21, 2018, 10:33:14 pm
Coaching peewee on the weekends doesn't make you a coach... I bet you play a 2-3 zone with your basketball team too, don't you?
;D ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on September 21, 2018, 02:40:46 pm
It's comical these teams playing a 3 man front vs teams that can't pass.
IKR don't make any sense. I'm gone load the box until you show me you can pass.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on September 21, 2018, 02:54:57 pm
He should apply. He has as much football sense as anyone they've hired since 2014.
Some of these coaches have so much pride that they can't even use COMMON SENSE and play the percentages lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on September 21, 2018, 10:33:14 pm
Nope I don't coach pee wee. And I only play a 2-3 zone against teams that can't shoot  ;).

CoachWhoever

Guys, guys... he payed $15 to the Amateur Athletic Union and so now he gets to call himself a coach. Also, don't play a 2-3 with young kids. You're stunting their development and teaching poor defensive habits. Idc what you do with your 10U football team. That's a dying sport anyways.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: CoachWhoever on September 22, 2018, 02:54:52 pm
Guys, guys... he payed $15 to the Amateur Athletic Union and so now he gets to call himself a coach. Also, don't play a 2-3 with young kids. You're stunting their development and teaching poor defensive habits. Idc what you do with your 10U football team. That's a dying sport anyways.
My way of thinking worked when we won how many conference championships in a row? Went to how many semifinals? Went to how many championship games in Little Rock? Won a state championship should have been three if we take our feet off the pedal in two games? Carry on...

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2018, 07:02:27 am
My way of thinking worked when we won how many conference championships in a row? Went to how many semifinals? Went to how many championship games in Little Rock? Won a state championship should have been three if we take our feet off the pedal in two games? Carry on...

I lost count but I know how many we haven't been to since

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2018, 07:02:27 am
Oh you were a coach then?  Sorry let me clarify, you were a High School Varsity Coach at that time?

Nonsense

I'm just grateful to be in the presence of so much coaching excellence.

The A-Team

Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 24, 2018, 09:09:52 am
Oh you were a coach then?  Sorry let me clarify, you were a High School Varsity Coach at that time?
No...I'm sure he wasn't one of the coaches on that staff. Coaches who has dignity don't get on forums trying to prove how smart they are. We all know that!

Youngsta71701

September 24, 2018, 01:30:58 pm #46 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:09:04 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 24, 2018, 09:09:52 am
When we played against running teams we had 8 sometimes even 9 in the box. When we played against passing teams we had 4 sometimes 5 in the box. And when we played against balanced teams we usually had 7 in the box. It's a numbers game. Anything else you would like to know?

You sound like one of those (the coach is always right kind of guys). I bet you're a coach huh? You do know coaches aren't always right don't you? I know it hurts to know that. Pride is something else...

Youngsta71701

September 24, 2018, 01:32:22 pm #47 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:09:41 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: The A-Team on September 24, 2018, 01:17:40 pm
No...I'm sure he wasn't one of the coaches on that staff. Coaches who has dignity don't get on forums trying to prove how smart they are. We all know that!
You are correct, but you do know there are quite a few coaches on this forum that do the exact same thing you just said right? Real talk. All jokes aside. Heck even the great Kevin Kelly is on Fearless Friday lol.

I'm not trying to prove how smart I am either. What I said is pretty much common sense. If a team likes to run make them pass it to beat you. Don't have to be smart at all to know that. If a team likes to pass make them run it to beat you. COMMON SENSE!!

Neckred

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2018, 01:30:58 pm
When we played against running teams we had 8 sometimes even 9 in the box. When we played against passing teams we had 4 sometimes 5 in the box. And when we played against balanced teams we usually had 7 in the box. It's a numbers game. Anything else you would like to know?

You sound like one of those (the coach is always right kind of guys). I bet you're a coach huh? You do know coaches aren't always right don't you? I know it hurts to know that. Pride is something else...
Preach

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 24, 2018, 01:30:58 pm

no not a coach...just a guy who likes to call out people that are full of it...have noticed that you have all these negative things to say and all these retrospective comments about how you would've done it...it's the super "unemployed" coaches like you that fuel this forum with your hindsight observations...So I think someone should call those guys out on occasion...again if your so sure about your coaching abilities then get the job of the coach you complain about...everything you have said is about it should be this or it should be that, then as I said prove it get the job, don't hide on a message board with blanket hindsight observations

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas