• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite vs. Malvern. Let's get it on!

Started by Digger#23, September 16, 2018, 06:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger#23

After this Fridays open date, ready to watch some ball.  Miners all day long in this one!

FoxandHound34

Miners beat the Leopards like a red headed step child

Oldbadger

September 16, 2018, 10:26:45 am #2 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:52:22 am by Oldbadger
Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 16, 2018, 07:48:19 am
Miners beat the Leopards like a red headed step child
Probably not a good metaphor to use in these days of politically correct speech. Many people are like me and find redheads attractive, (Emma Stone, Reba McEntire, etc.) and considering the fact that over half of all marriages end in divorce there is no dearth of step-children to be offended by this. Probably, statistically speaking, half of all who read this are stepchildren. Not trying to be mean, but couldn't pass up a teaching moment!lol

Digger#23

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Jimbo Morphis

Beat em like they stole something. Hope that doesn't offend you people who steal.

Coltfan2005

Quite possibly bauxite's last win of the season, unless they slip by Ashdown.

Digger#23

Lumberjackfan1978

Football_Fan25

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 16, 2018, 04:58:27 pm
Quite possibly bauxite's last win of the season, unless they slip by Ashdown.

Have u been drinking?   What about FL and HG.

OrangeCrush.

FL is going to win some games this year.

Ghs21

Oldbadger

Quote from: Oldman on September 16, 2018, 03:26:06 pm
Beat em like they stole something. Hope that doesn't offend you people who steal.
ironically, no problem with this. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has'nt stolen something.  If they say they have'nt, they would be liars. Of course everyone lies at some time or another, no offense there either. Losing battle it seems.lol

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Oldman on September 16, 2018, 03:26:06 pm
Yeah like the Ref's stole the game from Malvern last year.

VanillaThunder

demais is gone, as is malverns playoff appearances. miners by 20

Coltfan2005

Dminer023

VanillaThunder

VanillaThunder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on September 16, 2018, 09:22:25 pm
FL is going to win some games this year.
agreed, but bauxite will not be one of those games. The miners are something serious

ROULETTE

Boxite by a couple scores in this one.  Probably slip past ashdown. And it depends on where the FL game is.  Can be hard to win at The Pit.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: VanillaThunder on September 17, 2018, 12:46:23 pm
agreed, but bauxite will not be one of those games. The miners are something serious

seriously average? seriously over rated? seriously a number 4 seed if lucky?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: VanillaThunder on September 17, 2018, 12:41:44 pm
get a load of this joker, amirite dminer??
Some day's the small ones just jump in the boat. You don't even have to fish.

Digger#23

September 17, 2018, 07:10:49 pm #22 Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:46:59 pm by Digger#23
All of Colt's question marks are seriously confusing.  Maybe just the Colts are overrated. You know weak conference and brand new to 4A and all.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 17, 2018, 07:03:03 pm
Some day's the small ones just jump in the boat. You don't even have to fish.

Every year it's that one team.

Looks like we hauling in some Trophy's Here.

Digger#23

September 17, 2018, 08:43:54 pm #24 Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:46:31 pm by Digger#23
Oldman and Air.  True enough.  Hey, Bauxite is tired of being a joke.  For those that paid attention, last year they vastly improved in the toughest conference.  Now. this team is ready to take it further.  As fans of this team we want to talk some smack? Well heck yes we do! Been quiet for too long.  Have a reason now. Some need more proof and I totally get that.  But how about more claps and less slaps.

Digger#23

Coltfan2005

sigh...tired of being a joke? You really considered your own team a joke? How sad that a high scholl team's fans think they are a joke. Sure, everyone else might of but you would think their own fans wouldn't. At the end of 10 weeks look back and realize that Bauxite will probably be sitting at home watching the good teams play. It's not enough for the fans to get on here and say what a great team they are and it's not enough to beat 3 non-conf teams...2 of which are 2A, only got a win apiece, and one of those almost beat you. Could you possibly see where no one else thinks Bauxite is worth looking at? They will definitely lose to warren, nashville, robinson, (which puts them at 4 seed) and will probabaly lose to Fountain lake and HHG. Ashadown just may beat them...7th in conf?

SR30

AirWarren

September 18, 2018, 11:11:39 am #28 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:18:31 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Digger#23 on September 17, 2018, 08:43:54 pm
Oldman and Air.  True enough.  Hey, Bauxite is tired of being a joke.  For those that paid attention, last year they vastly improved in the toughest conference.  Now. this team is ready to take it further.  As fans of this team we want to talk some smack? Well heck yes we do! Been quiet for too long.  Have a reason now. Some need more proof and I totally get that.  But how about more claps and less slaps.

I've always defended Bauxite. Even when they were getting skull drug. I'm married to a former miner.

But before the obnoxious smack talk begins, let's beat someone worth a crap. That Conway Christian team was hot garbage. I was sitting at that game waiting on Warren to play with the Bauxite fans. Saw some people my wife knows. Des arc...come on. Glen rose. Come on. Run through the 7 and Maybe the obnoxious stuff can be tolerated lol.

So, I hope Bauxite succeeds.

As far as being 3-0, you're supposed to be 3-0 with that non conference slate. 2 2a team and a 3a team. Period. More than likely you go 4-0 this week against a down and out Malvern team. No one is going to pat you on the back after being expected to be 3-0. The season begins this week. You'll know where you are as a program by November.

quicksand

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 18, 2018, 10:55:17 am
They will definitely lose to warren, nashville, robinson, (which puts them at 4 seed) and will probabaly lose to Fountain lake and HHG. Ashadown just may beat them...7th in conf?
When does Bauxite play Warren?

AirWarren

Quote from: quicksand on September 18, 2018, 11:21:13 am

Depending on how everything shakes out.....may face them in the playoffs.

quicksand

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2018, 11:11:39 am
As far as being 3-0, you're supposed to be 3-0 with that non conference slate. 2 2a team and a 3a team. Period. More than likely you go 4-0 this week against a down and out Malvern team. No one is going to pat you on the back after being expected to be 3-0. The season begins this week. You'll know where you are as a program by November.
At first I thought Bauxite had a decent non conference schedule but I agree with you.  Conway Christian and Des Arc kinda flopped and Bauxite should have beat Glen Rose by way more than 12 points because of those 4 turnovers.

Digger#23

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2018, 11:11:39 am
I've always defended Bauxite. Even when they were getting skull drug. I'm married to a former miner.

But before the obnoxious smack talk begins, let's beat someone worth a crap. That Conway Christian team was hot garbage. I was sitting at that game waiting on Warren to play with the Bauxite fans. Saw some people my wife knows. Des arc...come on. Glen rose. Come on. Run through the 7 and Maybe the obnoxious stuff can be tolerated lol.

So, I hope Bauxite succeeds.

I'm not going to disagree with anything on your post because your right.  I will say this, every year is a new one and all teams that play ball should all be held to the same standard.  Bauxite isn't beating their chest over these victories.  These are the games on the schedule and they have to be played.  Bauxite certainly has areas in which they need to improve on.  I think the team got over confident in that CC win and it spilled over to the Des arc game.  No slight to them but that game was way closer than it should of been.  I'm sure Baux. was happy to finish it out and get out of there with a W.  This team isn't perfect.  Someone started earlier o. This thread how we should have won by more than 12.  I agree.  We had 3 turnovers in that game.  May have pulled some points off the board and then again, maybe not.  I think what you see out of Bauxite fans is optimism for this years conference play.  Bauxite is not the doormat that they have been since joining 4A.  That in itself generates excitement for what could be this year.no one has stated that the Miners are world beaters, conference champs or state champs but I'm pretty sure they believe that their destiny is in their own hands.  That makes me happy as my son plays for the Miners. 
When I first signed up for this forum, their was nothing but jokes and ridicule being posted about Bauxite.  Not gonna lie, it got under my skin and hacked me off.  My boy was a sophomore then.  Tough watching him and his teammates getting their brains beat in every Friday night.  Nobody quit.  These Seniors have been winners since 4th grade.  Going undefeated a few seasons playing the likes of Robinson, Lakeside, FL, Hot Springs, Lonoke etc.  I'm a firm believer that they are going to win some games this year in conference that they never have since the move up to 4A.  This team is still learning how to finish games that are close or contested.  Season is still young.
Air. I appreciate what you've stated.  No quarrel with u at all.  How could i? You state things that I believe as well.
I could care less for Coltboy though.  He's an idiot and apparently has been an idiot for a very long time on this forum.  What has Rivercrest done in 4A? Not a dang thing.  If I could be granted one wish it would be to face those guys in the playoffs.  Bauxite will be in the playoffs this year just as assuredly Auburn beats the hogs by more than 27 pts. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 12:16:41 pm
I'm not going to disagree with anything on your post because your right.  I will say this, every year is a new one and all teams that play ball should all be held to the same standard.  Bauxite isn't beating their chest over these victories.  These are the games on the schedule and they have to be played.  Bauxite certainly has areas in which they need to improve on.  I think the team got over confident in that CC win and it spilled over to the Des arc game.  No slight to them but that game was way closer than it should of been.  I'm sure Baux. was happy to finish it out and get out of there with a W.  This team isn't perfect.  Someone started earlier o. This thread how we should have won by more than 12.  I agree.  We had 3 turnovers in that game.  May have pulled some points off the board and then again, maybe not.  I think what you see out of Bauxite fans is optimism for this years conference play.  Bauxite is not the doormat that they have been since joining 4A.  That in itself generates excitement for what could be this year.no one has stated that the Miners are world beaters, conference champs or state champs but I'm pretty sure they believe that their destiny is in their own hands.  That makes me happy as my son plays for the Miners. 
When I first signed up for this forum, their was nothing but jokes and ridicule being posted about Bauxite.  Not gonna lie, it got under my skin and hacked me off.  My boy was a sophomore then.  Tough watching him and his teammates getting their brains beat in every Friday night.  Nobody quit.  These Seniors have been winners since 4th grade.  Going undefeated a few seasons playing the likes of Robinson, Lakeside, FL, Hot Springs, Lonoke etc.  I'm a firm believer that they are going to win some games this year in conference that they never have since the move up to 4A.  This team is still learning how to finish games that are close or contested.  Season is still young.
Air. I appreciate what you've stated.  No quarrel with u at all.  How could i? You state things that I believe as well.
I could care less for Coltboy though.  He's an idiot and apparently has been an idiot for a very long time on this forum.  What has Rivercrest done in 4A? Not a dang thing.  If I could be granted one wish it would be to face those guys in the playoffs.  Bauxite will be in the playoffs this year just as assuredly Auburn beats the hogs by more than 27 pts. 

Ill be watching for sure. It would be funny to see a good ole fashioned shake up in the 7-4A.

Coltfan2005

sigh...tired of being a joke? You really considered your own team a joke? How sad that a high scholl team's fans think they are a joke. Sure, everyone else might of but you would think their own fans wouldn't. At the end of 10 weeks look back and realize that Bauxite will probably be sitting at home watching the good teams play. It's not enough for the fans to get on here and say what a great team they are and it's not enough to beat 3 non-conf teams...2 of which are 2A, only got a win apiece, and one of those almost beat you. Could you possibly see where no one else thinks Bauxite is worth looking at? They will definitely lose to warren, nashville, robinson, (which puts them at 4 seed) and will probabaly lose to Fountain lake and HHG. Ashadown just may beat them...7th in conf?
my apologies to arkadelphia for typing warren instead of them.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 12:16:41 pm

Does a state championship in 4A count. Since you have stated the 3A state championship those boys won last year means nothing. You whine about the comments made about bauxite players and then down grade a state championship win by other players. You have bragged about a Bauxite team that just isn't very good. I'm sure all the players on the team are great kids...but bauxite is just not good. I won't call them a joke like you did the past teams from bauxite, but saying a state championship means nothing will not improve bauxite's losing season. If you beat a down 2A school by one point, maybe you should pay more attention to the team that won a 3A title 2 times in the last 8 seasons (and played for another). Little man syndrome? By the way, Bauxite has to actually make the playoffs to play in them.

Digger#23

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 18, 2018, 01:52:15 pm
Does a state championship in 4A count. Since you have stated the 3A state championship those boys won last year means nothing. You whine about the comments made about bauxite players and then down grade a state championship win by other players. You have bragged about a Bauxite team that just isn't very good. I'm sure all the players on the team are great kids...but bauxite is just not good. I won't call them a joke like you did the past teams from bauxite, but saying a state championship means nothing will not improve bauxite's losing season. If you beat a down 2A school by one point, maybe you should pay more attention to the team that won a 3A title 2 times in the last 8 seasons (and played for another). Little man syndrome? By the way, Bauxite has to actually make the playoffs to play in them.

Coltboy,

I trolled your colt thread v Truman to give you a taste of your own medicine.  You''re a cancer and a hypocrite.  You seem to feel Rivercrest is exonerated from criticism.  Remember that Rivercrest has done nothing in the 4A.  Congrats to them for their 3A championship last year.  Again last year.  Not sure after 3 games that you can say that Rivercrest is a better but you seem to think so.  Explain to me why anyone should listen to your biased opinions.  Are you exempt or beyond reproach? Nope, your just small town took with a lot of time on your hands.  Personally, I'd gladly meet you face to face to discuss this further.  You can decide then if I'm little or not. 

Digger#23

Quote from: quicksand on September 18, 2018, 11:21:13 am

It's the perfect example of Coltboy not knowing a thing. 

DeeGee

My daughter is on cheer for Bauxite and her boyfriend on the team.
Last year was hard on them for 1, the coaches wife committed suicide.  They have a new coach, well he has been there about 3 years, which is Fayettevilles old coach, so that tells me they will only get better. Hate on me if you want but don't expect me to back down. I wasn't built for backing down.

AirWarren

September 18, 2018, 06:27:26 pm #39 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:29:00 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 18, 2018, 05:22:13 pm
Last year was hard on them for 1, the coaches wife committed suicide.  They have a new coach, well he has been there about 3 years, which is Fayettevilles old coach, so that tells me they will only get better. Hate on me if you want but don't expect me to back down. I wasn't built for backing down.

Hate on uou? Backing down? What on earth are you talking about?

DeeGee

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2018, 06:27:26 pm
Hate on uou? Backing down? What on earth are you talking about?

In reference of what was said about Bauxite posters. It was meant in general.

moneyminers

Funny how you and your team can jump into this new conference and get a 3-0 start as well and you think you have the right to talk about Bauxite. Lol y'all haven't really played much competition either and dang sure aren't playing in a good conference in 4A. But it's easy for you to talk about a team playing powerhouses every week and potentially playoff teams. Talk when your team does something good past November.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 04:32:50 pm

A taste of my own medicine? If you took the time to read, perhaps you would notice that I am the one saying Rivercrest offense is stalled. I am the Rivercrest fan saying that those ranking the Colts in the top 5 are being premature. However, I am also one of those saying that just because you say they are, doesn't make Bauxite a good team. If personal attacks make you feel like a man, go for it. I like having my own little snowflake following me around.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: moneyminers on September 18, 2018, 07:34:42 pm
Funny how you and your team can jump into this new conference and get a 3-0 start as well and you think you have the right to talk about Bauxite. Lol y'all haven't really played much competition either and dang sure aren't playing in a good conference in 4A. But it's easy for you to talk about a team playing powerhouses every week and potentially playoff teams. Talk when your team does something good past November.

Another snowflake! Again, for those who refuse to read posts before posting themselves, not once have I claimed this year's Colt team was improved from last year. I have been pointing out problems with the Colts. Sure not claiming the conf is strong, might be one of the two weakest in 4A. None of that makes Bauxite good. Yep, they are in a strong conf and will get slaughtered by those teams. To be considered a good team, they have to beat good teams.
As far as the right to say what I think, welcome to my America.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 18, 2018, 05:22:13 pm

Geez, get it through your head. Just because someone disagrees with someone else's opinion doesn't mean they are hating.

Lumberjackfan1978

Pulling for Bauxite to make the playoffs this year but it's only going to get tougher as conference begins now.

SR30

My question is what has Bauxite done in 4A? You won the first 3 games like you should have. You will beat malvern easily but every game besides that will be a challenge. If Gr would have been fully healthy and played like they did last week I'm pretty sure the outcome would have been different. But that is just my opinion..

Digger#23

September 18, 2018, 10:45:17 pm #47 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:49:05 pm by Digger#23
Donkey boy,

Everybody knows that You can't read or post properly. I figured you for a DNC recruit.  I'll stick to that.  It's great having teeth.  When did all of yours rot out? Long time ago I believe.  Probably about the time you started your first post out of 7k+. What level in Dungeons and Dragons are you?  You must be a very high level Wizard.  That's cool I guess.  In Bauxite we work, hunt, make time for women and play sports.  Keep up the awesome work Gandalf.  Never forget, you're the white wizard donkeyfan.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 10:45:17 pm
Donkey boy,

Everybody knows that You can't read or post properly. I figured you for a DNC recruit.  I'll stick to that.  It's great having teeth.  When did all of yours rot out? Long time ago I believe.  Probably about the time you started your first post out of 7k+. What level in Dungeons and Dragons are you?  You must be a very high level Wizard.  That's cool I guess.  In Bauxite we work, hunt, make time for women and play sports.  Keep up the awesome work Gandalf.  Never forget, you're the white wizard donkeyfan.

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 10:45:17 pm
Donkey boy,

Aren't you from Little Rock?

And what is Dungeons and Dragons?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas