• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison Golden Goblins @ Morrilton Devil Dogs

Started by the voice, September 15, 2018, 01:06:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the voice

Let the countdown begin. Morrilton out to start conference play 1-0 and avenge last seasons loss at Harrison.  The goblins have rolled through non conference opponents looking good , while the devil dogs have played two tough 6a opponents while trying to get healthy for conference.   I'm ready for Friday night!!!

PA Dad

Well, is Criswell playing?  That will influence my pick.

Go Postal

This will be a game of two great coaches that have had two weeks straight to prepare their teams.

The Devil Dogs were the plagued early at the start of the season with the injury bug to some of their playmakers and had to adjust.  They have had some time to heal and hopefully have those playmakers back to be the team that everyone picked as the #2 team in preseason.  This game will be on their home turf and they are looking for payback for last year's loss to the Goblins.

The Goblins have been on a roll with the outstanding teamwork on offense and defense through their preconference opponents.  These Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores have only lost 3 games during their Freshman years.  They have been putting up the numbers so far and will strive to stay the course going into conference play.  They have tasted blood and want more.

Though anything can still happen in the rest of conference play, the winner of this game could possibly be this season's West conference champ.  It's just a shame that this game is at the start of the conference season.  I still miss the days of when the Devil Dogs and Goblins would meet up during the week of All Hallows Eve.  The link below is years ago when Harrison middle school, Junior High, High School bands and Morriton High School band joined together for a Spooktacular half time show in Goblin Stadium.  Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bEMxOqayZ9o

This should be a great game and will show each team what they can correct for the rest of the season.

Yellowcake

Should be the game of the week for sure.

I think the Goblins win a close one.

South 45

I'm still mad at myself for not making the drive to watch last year...will not be missing this one. Should be a good match up. Looking for a real ballgame Friday night....

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a real battle I'm gonna try to find it and watch some of it in between Warren's game. I think Harrison may have the edge though

Go Postal

These links should work during the game

Live Audio Radio Stream:

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KCWD

GobTV live video streams:

(Pending)

incogneto

Man I hope this is a good game.  I have so much respect for both programs and coaching staffs it is hard to pick against one of these two.  I wish both teams were healthy but they aren't so I am picking Harrison. 

Eastbay501

Go Postal

There was a nice write-up by that magazine in Little Rock...

HARRISON (1) at Morrilton: Hootens.com Class 5A Game of the Week.

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 6 Harrison at No. 5 Morrilton
These teams, along with Alma and Greenbrier, tied for the conference championship last season when Harrison slipped past Morrilton 35-34. Morrilton started the season ranked No. 2 by Hootens.com, but junior QB Jacolby Criswell (1,947 yards and 20 TDs in 2017) detached his MCL in a preseason scrimmage, and back up QB Dylan White broke his foot in the first half of the season opener against Searcy. One of the QBs could return this week, Coach Cody McNabb says. Sophomore QB Tucker Granberry has throw four touchdown passes this season, while junior Xavier Clemmons has rushed for 166 yards and four TDs. "We found our identity in the second half (Week 2) against Russellville," McNabb says. "We need to run the ball and play defense." Senior tackle Hunter DeSalvo and junior Gustavo Santos are the only linemen to start the opening three games.
Undefeated Harrison has outscored its opponents 143-28 this fall, while averaging 460 yards weekly. Junior QB Ben Johnson "is fast and throws it well," McNabb says, while junior running back Gabe Huskey "is as good as anyone in the state." Johnson has completed 29 of 41 passes (71 percent) this year for 595 yards and eight TDs  with one interception, and he's rushed for 91 yards, often turning negative plays into positive ones with nifty footwork. Huskey has 58 carries for 381 yards and seven TDs, and he's caught 14 passes for 360 yards and four TDs. Senior lineman Hayden Vanderpool (6-3, 290) and inside linebacks Brooks Both and Bryant Ulrich pace the defense. Vanderpool averages six stops per game, Both and Ulrich have combined for 51 tackles.

Go Postal

InYoGrill

I outta go to this game Friday. Should be a battle in Motown.

Dawgs by 2. Sorry Postal. But I think Gobs gonna punish everyone else in conference and finish quite well.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think Harrison wins a close one in a thriller! 4 points

Go Postal

Here is last year's game where the Goblins win 35-34 in a close fought match with the Devil Dogs.

https://youtu.be/Q_wUC9LSuVQ

Overdahill

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 18, 2018, 05:22:31 pm
I outta go to this game Friday. Should be a battle in Motown.

Dawgs by 2. Sorry Postal. But I think Gobs gonna punish everyone else in conference and finish quite well.

I agree; Dogs this week but "Gobs Gonna Punish" has a nice ring to it  :D

Go Postal

September 20, 2018, 06:55:31 pm #15 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:59:53 pm by Go Postal
A decade ago, pantherblue and InYoGrill told me that to take care of a unruly mutt, you smack them on the backside, rub their nose in it and put them outside.  That's fine advice for your mangy common street cur like a Bulldog or Airedale but a Devil Dog is a different breed of canine.  The Golden Goblins will have to dig their spurs in 'em, ride 'em hard and put 'em up wet to tame this beast.

Good luck to Morrilton on Friday night.  But...

GOBS GONNA PUNISH

GO GOBS!!    GO GOBS!!  GO GOBS!!

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on September 20, 2018, 06:55:31 pm
A decade ago, pantherblue and InYoGrill told me that to take care of a unruly mutt, you smack them on the backside, rub their nose in it and put them outside.  That's fine advice for your mangy common street cur like a Bulldog or Airedale but a Devil Dog is a different breed of canine.  The Golden Goblins will have to dig their spurs in 'em, ride 'em hard and put 'em up wet to tame this beast.

Good luck to Morrilton on Friday night.  But...

GOBS GONNA PUNISH

GO GOBS!!    GO GOBS!!  GO GOBS!!
Postal killing it again!!!
I think you and your post are a big part why I look forward to this game so much each year. I'm looking for a square match up tonight with the dogs up by 6 or less possibly in the 5th quarter. Going to sit in the stands for this one so I don't miss a thing.

Greyhands

September 21, 2018, 09:38:53 am #17 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:41:13 am by Greyhands
Weather channel has changed the forecast to 100% rain at game time :(

And now they have changed it back to 80% so we are probly playing in the rain either way..

doctor in the house

South 45

Go Postal

September 21, 2018, 10:48:03 am #20 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:50:02 am by Go Postal
I hope that all the Devil Dogs are healthy for this game.  I just saw in the local paper that we will be missing one lineman due to a non football injury but everyone else is ready to play.

GO GOBS!

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on September 21, 2018, 10:48:03 am
I hope that all the Devil Dogs are healthy for this game.  I just saw in the local paper that we will be missing one lineman due to a non football injury but everyone else is ready to play.
Besides the QB situation I know of one lineman, one running back that are out. 

Go Postal

September 21, 2018, 01:00:57 pm #22 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:44:22 pm by Go Postal
Game will start at 6 pm instead of 7 pm

These links should work during the game

GobTV live video streams:

https://youtu.be/jK1IWVClv44

Live Audio Radio Stream:

Morrilton radio

http://live.mystreamplayer.com/kvomfm?autoplay=1

Harrison radio

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KCWD

Other links

www.harrisongoblins.com
or
The Kool 96.1 KCWD app
or
Mascot Media app > Goblins

Go Postal

Updated the links above.  They are live right now.  Rain delay at the start.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 14
Morrilton Devil Dogs 3
Half.
Weather has played a big factor in the 1st half.
Unofficial stats:
Devil Dogs went 2 of 13 for 20 passing yds.  They had 17 yds rushing.  1 FG.  6 punts.
Goblins went 3 of 9 for 55 passing yds and 1 interception.   They had 133 yds rushing.  2 TDs.  3 punts.

PA Dad

Harrison looks good.  Husky is the real deal.

The Morrilton offense is sputtering.  That could be the weather or it could be Harrison's defense but they have to step it up.

South 45

I don't recall us ever being so plagued with injuries...

Husky is a beast...

SackAttack

Quote from: South 45 on September 21, 2018, 08:21:56 pm
I don't recall us ever being so plagued with injuries...

Husky is a beast...
Might have started in preseason with the lock in!! Seems the Dogs are still a little sluggish and not feeling well

the voice

The weather played a factor for both teams. Morrilton will he stronger next week with return of senior QB.  He didn't play tonight , the weather gave us a chance.  Last time this many injuries the 2014 season with like 7 acl tears. It's early in season. Lots of season left. Dogs will make noise , it's coming 😉

PA Dad

Go Postal

September 21, 2018, 09:25:35 pm #30 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:34:01 pm by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins 21
Morrilton Devil Dogs 9
Final

Unofficial stats:
Morrilton went 11 of 33 for 132 passing yards.  They had 59 rushing yds.  1TD. 1 FG.  1 interception.
Harrison went 4 of 12 for 59 yds.  They had 237 rushing yds.  3 TDs. 1 interception.  The 237 yards was after the positive and negative yds. Of that,  Huskey still had 32 carries for 230 rushing yds.

Go Postal

Don't let the final score fool you,  It was a hard fought defensive game for both teams.  Weather was a big factor from keeping this a high scoring game for both teams also.  Morrilton has a very good team and will show it the rest of the season.

Any word on the Devil Dog player that was injured tonight?

South 45

That 230 of 237 tells the story. Kid was fun to watch. Nice win Harrison.

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on September 21, 2018, 09:31:37 pm

Any word on the Devil Dog player that was injured tonight?
No first hand knowledge but word floating around the stands was a very broken ankle.

Go Postal

Quote from: South 45 on September 21, 2018, 09:33:51 pm
That 230 of 237 tells the story. Kid was fun to watch. Nice win Harrison.
And that's in bad weather.  LOL!
Clarksville coming to Harrison next week.  Hopefully better weather to open up our passing game more.

the voice

PercussionMan

South 45

Quote from: PercussionMan on September 23, 2018, 04:32:00 pm
Who is out for Morrilton now??
#52 sophomore lineman
#70 sophomore lineman nonfootball related injury

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas