• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 Mount Ida vs. Mineral Springs

Started by IdaLions, September 15, 2018, 09:59:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baseball13

Is Mineral Springs Overrated or is Mt Ida still that good? Or a mixture of both?

HorseFeathers

Mt Ida is still that good I think....Mineral Springs has the athletes at the skill positions, and will/would beat a lot of 2a/3a teams, but Mt Ida beat them up in the trenches...

couch-coach06

Everyone heard idas numbers were down and thought they were gona be down.. there senior class has lost like 3 games they are still that good ...

HorseFeathers

19 on the roster....13 seniors...Still got Lagrange, Hamilton(didn't rememeber that name), Dyer, and Jackson behind a well coached Oline...

IdaLions

Not gonna lie, looked pretty bad at the beginning of the year, but most teams aren't themselves week 1 or 2. Have taken great strides as a team and their overall attitudes have improved. Just taking it one week at a time.

IdaLions

Quote from: baseball13 on September 22, 2018, 01:40:57 pm
Is Mineral Springs Overrated or is Mt Ida still that good? Or a mixture of both?

Honestly just personal opinion, I thought Mineral Springs was overrated.

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on September 22, 2018, 11:14:26 am
Clearly it was the rain and officials that caused Mineral to lose.

Mount Ida stinks, Coach White and Players are awful! His record is tainted because...Well just cause no one can win like that without some sort or cheating... When an ejection happens it's always someone's fault...

And another thing...Trump is not my President!!!

I remember a certain game up in the plains when Mt Ida lost to the eventual champion a couple years back. Mt Ida blamed the 5 turnovers on the weather...

FilmCrew

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 22, 2018, 02:23:19 pm
I remember a certain game up in the plains when Mt Ida lost to the eventual champion a couple years back. Mt Ida blamed the 5 turnovers on the weather...

Were you at the game last night?

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on September 22, 2018, 02:33:56 pm
Were you at the game last night?

No I wasn't there...so it didn't rain up there?

IdaLions

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 22, 2018, 02:23:19 pm

Hey I was also on that team that got beat by said team in the plains lol, Can't beat a team with 5 turnovers, McCrory was very talented and deserved everything they got. Rain didn't beat us, they beat us fair and square. Fun Fact- Kaigen Rogo is still actually playing ball at UAM, very talented individual.

GatorBall

September 23, 2018, 09:13:00 pm #61 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:02:08 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: IdaLions on September 22, 2018, 09:51:51 am
Yes they were the best team we played. But no I don't think they were better. You saw what happened the first time we played. But they defiantly beat us when it counted😂. Congrats to them and I'm not taking one thing away from them. But I do believe that we were the better team last year. But that's from a players stand point. As I said yesterday, on to Week 5!

Really funny how you have "Selective Memory" on the games you guys played against Foreman last year!! If a touchdown gets called back that typically means you committed a penalty to get it called back, which means you cheated to get the TD, hence it doesn't count! Also, if Foreman blocked a kick then they did something to prevent you from scoring. So by definition that is beating you on that play. It's not that Mt Ida didn't do something good, it was another team preventing you from doing something.

As far as the game Foreman played in Mt Ida you guys beat them but Foreman sure did a lot of things bad including fumbling. But I get it!! If you guys lose, then you guys just didn't play a good game!! It can't possibly mean the other team was just better.... can it? Its not that someone beat you....? No, it's the almighty lions just beat themselves!!! I sure hope you guys continue to have the same arrogant logic when Foreman plays you guys again!!! Remember, the last time you guys started saying all of that, "We're better than everyone!" crap? Didn't turn out so well did it?

OLionSwag74

Quote from: GatorBall on September 23, 2018, 09:13:00 pm
Really funny how you have "Selective Memory" on the games you guys played against Foreman last year!! If a touchdown gets called back that typically means you committed a penalty to get it called back, which means you cheated to get the TD, hence it doesn't count! Also, if Foreman blocked a kick then they did something to prevent you from scoring. So by definition that is beating you on that play. It's not that Mt Ida didn't do something good, it was another team preventing you from doing something.

As far as the game Foreman played in Mt Ida you guys beat them but Foreman sure did a lot of things bad including fumbling. But I get it!! If you guys lose, then you guys just didn't play a good game!! It can't possibly mean the other team was just better.... can it? Its not that someone beat you....? No, it's the almighty lions just beat themselves!!! I sure hope you guys continue to have the same arrogant logic when Foreman plays you guys again!!! Remember, the last time you guys started saying all of that, "We're better than everyone!" crap? Didn't turn out so well did it?
We did beat ourselves @ the rock last year. A penalty is beating yourself on a play, I think everyone agrees on that. Ever since those seniors have started playing 3rd grade football they've built fans and enemies. Not everyone loves winners i guess.....

Neckred

Mt. Ida has 19 players and 13 seniors?  They gonna shut the program down after this year?

Eslim03

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on September 24, 2018, 08:27:32 am
We did beat ourselves @ the rock last year. A penalty is beating yourself on a play, I think everyone agrees on that. Ever since those seniors have started playing 3rd grade football they've built fans and enemies. Not everyone loves winners i guess.....

Every good team can say this when they lose a game. You guys are starting to sound like Hampton from 2016 with excuses or stating we beat ourselves. Whatever you want to call it you got beat and the trophy will forever be in Foreman. Not only did foreman win the game they lost the turnover battle in this game. I guess the turnovers of which Ida had none helped y'all beat yourselves. Sheesh up until now you guys have been very classy. The best team won in 2017 just like what I have read repeatedly on here that the best team won in 2016 from most of the Ida posters.

OLionSwag74

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 24, 2018, 08:54:36 am

Every good team can say this when they lose a game. You guys are starting to sound like Hampton from 2016 with excuses or stating we beat ourselves. Whatever you want to call it you got beat and the trophy will forever be in Foreman. Not only did foreman win the game they lost the turnover battle in this game. I guess the turnovers of which Ida had none helped y’all beat yourselves. Sheesh up until now you guys have been very classy. The best team won in 2017 just like what I have read repeatedly on here that the best team won in 2016 from most of the Ida posters.

Fact is you got them on away from Ida.  They are going to tackle you and hold you on the interior.  Away from Ida they cant pull it off.  I talked to one of the officials from the Mineral vs Ida game and he even said that the interior was holding all night.  He stated because he was the back judge that he couldn't call it.  And he even told me they were told to watch Mineral before they ever got on the field.  Pretty sure that's why we got a kid removed from the game when he told them to let him go and  man they are holding me resulting in two unsportsmanlike calls.  We may not have won the game but would really like to have another shot at them with no rain and no holding.  We are better than the results of this game.  You heard it here first GO GATORS!!!!!!

OLionSwag74

Mount Ida would beat you guys by 30+ on your guys turf with your refs, we're talking about Mount Ida and Foreman, stay out of grown folks talk. That vaseline sure helped.

Lionsquatch

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on September 24, 2018, 09:59:13 am
Mount Ida would beat you guys by 30+ on your guys turf with your refs, we're talking about Mount Ida and Foreman, stay out of grown folks talk. That vaseline sure helped.
Doesn't the thread say Mount Ida vs. Mineral Springs?

COACH-Mike

September 24, 2018, 10:50:10 am #69 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:14:39 am by COACH-Mike
Quote from: OLionSwag74 on September 24, 2018, 09:59:13 am
Quote from: Lionsquatch on September 24, 2018, 10:28:09 am
Doesn't the thread say Mount Ida vs. Mineral Springs?

Are you referring to the use of the Vaseline that the ref was using on you to collect his pay? 

IdaLions

Listen, as I stated previously, you guys deserved to win. I'm not taking one thing away from y'all. What King has done with Foreman is incredible. What I ment about our mistakes is that we missed a field goal and one of our touchdowns were called back. Which both are indeed our fault. The blocked field goal really isn't our mistake, that was just Batey doing what Batey does. Y'all deserved it, but I do think that we were the better team in 2017. My opinion means absolutely nothing because y'all won. So I can think whatever I want. I just thought that we had a better defense overall and that usually won us games. But Foreman was and still is phenomenal. I'm ready for Week 7 to play y'all. Should be a good game if we can contain Batey!!!

stuck in between

Quote from: IdaLions on September 24, 2018, 12:40:42 pm
Listen, as I stated previously, you guys deserved to win. I'm not taking one thing away from y'all. What King has done with Foreman is incredible. What I ment about our mistakes is that we missed a field goal and one of our touchdowns were called back. Which both are indeed our fault. The blocked field goal really isn't our mistake, that was just Batey doing what Batey does. Y'all deserved it, but I do think that we were the better team in 2017. My opinion means absolutely nothing because y'all won. So I can think whatever I want. I just thought that we had a better defense overall and that usually won us games. But Foreman was and still is phenomenal. I'm ready for Week 7 to play y'all. Should be a good game if we can contain Batey!!!

+1 Very humble post. I look forward to that game as well. Should be a lot riding on that game as far as play-off implications go.

Lionsquatch

Since when did people get so disrespectful?  If you think you are better then humbly say so and move on everyone has their opinion and opinions don't win games.  Same goes for Mount Ida posters and everyone else

GatorBall

Quote from: Lionsquatch on September 24, 2018, 08:15:52 pm
Since when did people get so disrespectful?  If you think you are better then humbly say so and move on everyone has their opinion and opinions don't win games.  Same goes for Mount Ida posters and everyone else

Wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Just felt like he wasn't giving Foreman any respect by saying that only Mt Ida can beat Mt Ida and that basically, Foreman only won because Mt Ida made mistakes. Actually, when two teams are pretty evenly matched, most games are won by whoever makes the least amount of mistakes.

Mt Ida has a very good team!! Not meaning any disrespect!!

Lionsquatch

Quote from: GatorBall on September 24, 2018, 08:59:58 pm
Wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Just felt like he wasn't giving Foreman any respect by saying that only Mt Ida can beat Mt Ida and that basically, Foreman only won because Mt Ida made mistakes. Actually, when two teams are pretty evenly matched, most games are won by whoever makes the least amount of mistakes.

Mt Ida has a very good team!! Not meaning any disrespect!!
It's all good.  I feel as though teams can certainly beat themselves.  And I think Mount Ida and Foreman both beat Mount Ida in state last year.  Good teams like Foreman can take a team that is already hurting themselves and use that to their advantage.  Foreman used the mistakes that Ida was making and made it worse.  So yes Mount Ida beat themselves, but Foreman also beat them.

If you could take both of those teams from last year and they played 10 times week after week I believe they were so even and good in totally different ways that either team could win all 10 or split it 5-5 evenly.  The first meeting Foreman made more mistakes and Ida used it.  The second meeting Ida made more mistakes and Foreman used it.  Both great teams last year and this year and it'll be a nice friendly rivalry for years.  Sorry had to get that out haha

Eslim03

September 24, 2018, 11:01:46 pm #75 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:08:55 pm by Eslim03
Quote from: Lionsquatch on September 24, 2018, 09:10:17 pm
It's all good.  I feel as though teams can certainly beat themselves.  And I think Mount Ida and Foreman both beat Mount Ida in state last year.  Good teams like Foreman can take a team that is already hurting themselves and use that to their advantage.  Foreman used the mistakes that Ida was making and made it worse.  So yes Mount Ida beat themselves, but Foreman also beat them.

If you could take both of those teams from last year and they played 10 times week after week I believe they were so even and good in totally different ways that either team could win all 10 or split it 5-5 evenly.  The first meeting Foreman made more mistakes and Ida used it.  The second meeting Ida made more mistakes and Foreman used it.  Both great teams last year and this year and it'll be a nice friendly rivalry for years.  Sorry had to get that out hahatgis

I can go with this man what a rivalry we have right now. The only reason this has went this far is because a player from last season let his feelings out. It's ok he is young and I wish I hadn't commented but I did.

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 24, 2018, 11:01:46 pm

I can go with this man what a rivalry we have right now. The only reason this has went this far is because a player from last season let his feelings out. It's ok he is young and I wish I hadn't commented but I did.
Everybody gets that way.  But I think we can all get along in the end... Except maybe not as much week 7 ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas